Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Improving Midfield - how will it set up?

Read 28135 times
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Re: Improving Midfield - how will it set up?
      Reply #161: Dec 01, 2018 05:50:26 pm

And what styles is that...?? The high press that we don't no longer seem to do...??  :f_whistle:

Have you not read the quotes from Klopp why we changed from high press?.
      Jeez..

harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #162: Dec 01, 2018 05:54:54 pm
      Spurs are flying Arsenal are Flying, City Are flying..

Is that the same Arsenal that dropped points in 3 of their last 4 Prem games?  Yeah, they're really flying alright. 

Spurs and City?  Sure, there are other sides doing well -- it's a competitive league and that's to be expected.  City are arguably the best side in the world right now, so it's really no surprise they are flying.  And yet, we are right behind them and nipping at their heels. Doesn't that mean we must be flying as well in order to be the only team within touching distance of possibly the best team in the world ???
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #163: Dec 01, 2018 06:25:51 pm
      So tell me where i am misinformed. lying, or it is pathetic to say that you can only learn so much in training..?

This is where you show your complete ignorance of the game.

Everything is learned in training.

Experience is what comes from matches.

First you learn, then you build on it by adding experience.

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #164: Dec 01, 2018 06:26:45 pm
      Is that the same Arsenal that dropped points in 3 of their last 4 Prem games?  Yeah, they're really flying alright. 

Spurs and City?  Sure, there are other sides doing well -- it's a competitive league and that's to be expected.  City are arguably the best side in the world right now, so it's really no surprise they are flying.  And yet, we are right behind them and nipping at their heels. Doesn't that mean we must be flying as well in order to be the only team within touching distance of possibly the best team in the world ???

According to him and a couple of others, it's all down to luck.
      harrydunn08

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #165: Dec 01, 2018 06:55:23 pm
      According to him and a couple of others, it's all down to luck.

We've ridden our luck at times -- no doubt about it!!  But then, so did City last season and that worked out for them.  It's hard to win anything of note if you don't get a bit of luck at times....  This season we've done a good job of balancing our luck, defensive resilience, and attacking firepower.  It hasn't always been pretty, but it has been pretty effective!! 😎
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #166: Dec 01, 2018 07:00:07 pm
      We've ridden our luck at times -- no doubt about it!!  But then, so did City last season and that worked out for them.  It's hard to win anything of note if you don't get a bit of luck at times....  This season we've done a good job of balancing our luck, defensive resilience, and attacking firepower.  It hasn't always been pretty, but it has been pretty effective!! 😎

On the flip side, we've been unlucky as well.

There's a saying in golf; "It's not how, it's how many"  ;)
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #167: Dec 01, 2018 09:09:45 pm
      Have you not read the quotes from Klopp why we changed from high press?.
      Jeez..
      Was this before or after we bought Keita and Fab'  :f_whistle:
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #168: Dec 01, 2018 09:13:16 pm

Point missed is that there are a lot of teams flying
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #169: Dec 01, 2018 09:20:31 pm
      This is where you show your complete ignorance of the game.

Everything is learned in training.

Experience is what comes from matches.

First you learn, then you build on it by adding experience.
      Have you not notice that I have not been replying to you...??

I will break that for this one reply...

You Can not get that experience if you don't play, and the more regular you play the quick your learn...  :o

Remember It is not just about technical experience, positioning etc  It is about learn your strikers runs and where they like the ball played... That you only gain by playing a long side them in matches, not on the training field  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      « Last Edit: Dec 01, 2018 09:38:41 pm by The Real Donavan Ried »
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #170: Dec 01, 2018 09:58:38 pm
      Have you not notice that I have not been replying to you...??

I will break that for this one reply...

You Can not get that experience if you don't play, and the more regular you play the quick your learn...  :o

Remember It is not just about technical experience, positioning etc  It is about learn your strikers runs and where they like the ball played... That you only gain by playing a long side them in matches, not on the training field  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

Absolutely clueless.

What do you think happens in training, do you think they just do a bit of running around then rock up to a match and watch each other thinking "hmm, I wonder what he's going to do today".

We used to be known as having the most knowledgeable fans in football, then the internet happened and we ended up with muppets like you.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #171: Dec 02, 2018 12:03:49 am
      Absolutely clueless.

What do you think happens in training, do you think they just do a bit of running around then rock up to a match and watch each other thinking "hmm, I wonder what he's going to do today".

We used to be known as having the most knowledgeable fans in football, then the internet happened and we ended up with muppets like you.

xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #172: Dec 02, 2018 04:05:53 am
      So tell me where i am misinformed. lying, or it is pathetic to say that you can only learn so much in training..?

You don't have to be klopp or to have played football at certain level to know that most of the things you learn comes from playing the game so yes Play them let them fail (sink) or succeeded  (swim) 

Spurs are flying Arsenal are Flying, City Are flying.. We have just been chundering along. Luck can only take you so far eventually that luck runs out

Edit:-

And what styles is that...?? The high press that we don't no longer seem to do...??  :f_whistle:

Every time you post on a thread you try act ‘knowledgeable’ and ‘controversial’ but you just come off as a F***ing weirdo.

Biggest weapon on the forum you are, who is so clearly clueless about anything that it’s painful to even see your name on the forum, let alone read your posts.

P.s adding ... into every sentence doesn’t make your point any more valid.
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #173: Dec 02, 2018 06:33:48 am
      Could Harry Wilson be a new Coutinho?
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #174: Dec 02, 2018 10:12:29 am

It's still far away mate imho but he's truly promising and deserve chance in our first team next season. If it's me I will move Lallana and make Harry his replacement.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #175: Dec 02, 2018 10:57:48 am
      Every time you post on a thread you try act ‘knowledgeable’ and ‘controversial’ but you just come off as a f**king weirdo.

Biggest weapon on the forum you are, who is so clearly clueless about anything that it’s painful to even see your name on the forum, let alone read your posts.

That is your opinion and to be honest... And  Just because you disagree with some one it does not mean they are wrong or have a valid point.

t's my opinion, like it,lump it agree with it or disagree with it

P.s adding ... into every sentence doesn’t make your point any more valid.

Dots after a sentence can mean different things. ... It is usually used when you break or pause your sentence. (Which is how i us it) It usually represents the excitement of the writer ( again this applies to me) about what's happening next. These can be used at the end of a page so that the reader understands that there is something waiting for him in the next page.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #176: Dec 02, 2018 11:46:33 am
      Was this before or after we bought Keita and Fab'  :f_whistle:

Erm.... After we bought Keita & Fab...

We are more focused on Defence which before the arrival of VVD, We were leaking in as many as we were scoring & that was not sustainable...

It cost Rodgers & it could cost Klopp of any silverware..
      RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #177: Dec 02, 2018 12:44:33 pm

Dots after a sentence can mean different things. ... It is usually used when you break or pause your sentence. (Which is how i us it) It usually represents the excitement of the writer ( again this applies to me) about what's happening next. These can be used at the end of a page so that the reader understands that there is something waiting for him in the next page.

Ummm no that really isn’t what it’s for and not what it’s meant to be used for. Hence why it’s so annoying because you’re using it completely wrong.

But thanks for the attempted grammar lesson, maybe try understand something next time before posting (which would leave you with a very low post count admittedly).
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #178: Dec 02, 2018 01:03:46 pm

Or he could just be Harry Wilson.

Little bit to early to get carried away. Takes a decent free kick but takes a bit more than that as we all know. See how he does in the second half of the season. Very often you get a better idea as defenders know a bit more about him. See how he deals with that.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #179: Dec 02, 2018 01:31:35 pm
      Erm.... After we bought Keita & Fab...

We are more focused on Defence which before the arrival of VVD, We were leaking in as many as we were scoring & that was not sustainable...

It cost Rodgers & it could cost Klopp of any silverware..
      Shabs... The point I was making was that these players, well Keita at least was bought in with a view to play high press football so why would the pace of the game be an issue. Why would they need to get up to pace...?
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #180: Dec 02, 2018 01:40:27 pm
      Ummm no that really isn’t what it’s for and not what it’s meant to be used for. Hence why it’s so annoying because you’re using it completely wrong.

But thanks for the attempted grammar lesson, maybe try understand something next time before posting (which would leave you with a very low post count admittedly).
      I learnt to use it that way... But I did Google it to be sure (What does "..." in a sentence mean), and printed the answer for you... Started to mention it then though you may claim that i was insulting your intelligence so deleted that bit...Seem's that I needn't of worried about that  :roll:
      CCRRRAAAMMMPPP!!!!!
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #181: Dec 02, 2018 01:43:55 pm
      Shabs... The point I was making was that these players, well Keita at least was bought in with a view to play high press football so why would the pace of the game be an issue. Why would they need to get up to pace...?

So despite the fact Klopp has said we're not playing the same "high press" football, Keita was brought in to play the "high press" football we no longer play.

OK.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #182: Dec 02, 2018 02:10:48 pm

Ermmm..Not pace of the game but tactics..we are more defence minded as to full out attack..

Comprende?.
      RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #183: Dec 02, 2018 02:11:27 pm
      I learnt to use it that way... But I did Google it to be sure (What does "..." in a sentence mean), and printed the answer for you... Started to mention it then though you may claim that i was insulting your intelligence so deleted that bit...Seem's that I needn't of worried about that  :roll:
      CCRRRAAAMMMPPP!!!!!

Yep, googled it to confirm my understanding is exactly as I’ve known it to be since university and just be 100% clear that your interpretation wasn’t something I was missing.

The fact you would go and access another forum users search history makes you an absolute creep though.

Quick Reply