Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Nathaniel Phillips Player Thread (D)

Read 34647 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Re: Nathaniel Phillips Player Thread
      Reply #23: Jan 13, 2020 03:58:02 pm
      did a cracking job for us to come back like that and put in a performance to be proud of.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #24: May 15, 2020 03:17:49 pm
      decent interview with him on the restart in Germany,https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/395637-nat-phillips-stuttgart-bundesliga-return. Hopefully some of the whiney F***ing prem players will shut the F**k up and get on and do their overpaid jobs.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #25: Sep 25, 2020 11:40:38 pm
      Not pictured in training today. I'm thinking he is the odds on favorite to be the next player to finalize a move out of the club. Supposedly Championship interest, but not sure which club. No point in a loan move for him at his age. Decent defender but surely needs to move for his own sake.

AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Nat Phillips Player Thread (on loan at Bournemouth)
      Reply #26: Oct 31, 2020 07:28:43 pm
      Top lad, that is all.
      « Last Edit: Jan 31, 2022 05:40:43 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Re: Nat Phillips Player Thread
      Reply #27: Oct 31, 2020 07:38:31 pm
      Well done Nat, didn't put a foot wrong, deservedly MOTM !
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,860 posts | 165 
      Reply #28: Oct 31, 2020 08:09:08 pm
      Superb performance, needs more game time and can become a part of the matchday squad going forward.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #29: Oct 31, 2020 08:19:20 pm
      Well done Nat was perfect for his role today. I wonder if he is the man for the aerial teams and someone else will come in for the more mobile teams like City?
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #30: Oct 31, 2020 08:35:09 pm
      The header in the 94th minute, quality

Well done Nat
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #31: Oct 31, 2020 08:39:11 pm
      Very good display, impressive. I think we might have a decent 4th choice or possibly even 3rd.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #32: Nov 01, 2020 08:57:44 am
      Proper old school English centre half. For a high press team like ours it’s inevitable we will be up against a lot of teams that will play hoof ball to avoid it. Having his aerial ability will certainly do us a world of good.

Pleases for him seems like a top lad.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #33: Nov 01, 2020 12:55:38 pm
      I loved the aggression when he was attacking those aerial balls. Felt as if he was really trying to make an impression on those strikers that he wasn’t going to be bullied.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #34: Nov 01, 2020 11:17:59 pm
      Proper old school English centre half. For a high press team like ours it’s inevitable we will be up against a lot of teams that will play hoof ball to avoid it. Having his aerial ability will certainly do us a world of good.

Pleases for him seems like a top lad.

Agreed 

My MOTM. Great display.

He said in his post match interview, his strength is his aerial ability. That's great, that's exactly what we need with Big Virg out.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #35: Nov 02, 2020 11:04:22 am
      Agreed 

My MOTM. Great display.

He said in his post match interview, his strength is his aerial ability. That's great, that's exactly what we need with Big Virg out.

Fully agree but the question  for me is, is he exactly what we need next Sunday against City? That will be a huge test. They  certainly wont be playing long balls and crosses for him to head out.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,464 posts | 228 
      Reply #36: Nov 02, 2020 11:14:59 am
      Fully agree but the question  for me is, is he exactly what we need next Sunday against City? That will be a huge test. They  certainly wont be playing long balls and crosses for him to head out.

Matip should be back and will go in the team. If not then I think Klopp will play Rhys as he is more mobile.
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #37: Nov 02, 2020 12:05:50 pm
      Matip should be back and will go in the team. If not then I think Klopp will play Rhys as he is more mobile.

I think you could be right on Matip however, if it was a choice between Phillips and Williams i would always go with Phillips. Without VVD we lack an organiser so i would rather have a talker on the pitch (which Phillips appears to be) and someone with a bit more experience. It's rare to see a 19 year old CB starting in England and not without reason, Phillips is a few years older (22) and spent half of last season playing senior football in Germany, he is also a no nonsense defender who is more likely to simply clear his lines than play a pretty pass. Given some of our recent defensive troubles I don't think that is such a bad thing either. The lad was superb at the weekend so well done to him, we really needed a performance and he gave one, he also can't seem to believe he is playing for LFC's first team, i loved his interview after the game! 
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #38: Nov 02, 2020 10:00:12 pm

If he gets a chance, he needs to take it. Step up time and let's see what he's got on a regular basis.

Matip gets injured every few games, can't count on him, as much as I like Joel.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #39: Nov 03, 2020 06:48:27 am
      I'm happy for Nat and he did well vs. West Ham.

But he was about to be sold to Swansea, in the Championship and something fell through. It's better that he is here than not here at the moment but it is extremely unlikely he has any long term future with Liverpool.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #40: Nov 03, 2020 07:35:07 am
      He’s not and I expect Matip to start.

For the other 80% of deep sitting teams he would be good just seen a stat this morning that has us sitting last in the league in aerial duel % wins.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #41: Nov 03, 2020 02:02:23 pm
      I'm happy for Nat and he did well vs. West Ham.

But he was about to be sold to Swansea, in the Championship and something fell through. It's better that he is here than not here at the moment but it is extremely unlikely he has any long term future with Liverpool.

I agree his future lies somewhere else but now that he is getting game time it can only help him showcase his abilities and hopefully more teams show interest in him.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #42: Nov 03, 2020 03:18:17 pm
      If he gets a chance, he needs to take it. Step up time and let's see what he's got on a regular basis.

Matip gets injured every few games, can't count on him, as much as I like Joel.

Therefore, we will see him more till January in the League. I won't play him next Sunday since I think that Matip will be rested tonight so will be good for Sunday.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #43: Nov 11, 2020 04:04:45 pm
      Time to stand up Nat your time is now
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #44: Nov 11, 2020 05:47:45 pm
      Time to stand up Nat your time is now

Going to see a bit more of him than we all thought now I guess.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2051 
      Reply #45: Nov 11, 2020 07:53:26 pm
      Oh Nate!! Can you hear meeee??!

Quick Reply