Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 16th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W16 D7 L8

Nathaniel Phillips Player Thread (D)

Read 34961 times
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,226 posts | 1650 
      Re: Nat Phillips Player Thread (on loan at Bournemouth)
      Reply #276: Jan 31, 2022 09:48:50 pm
      I hoped he stayed with us to be honest, was a cult hero .. no nonsense headers.. 😂

Guilty pleasure . To be honest good point about that was a defender in the broadest terms no nonsense old school CB
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #277: Jan 31, 2022 10:48:45 pm
      He's someway off the level of the rest of our CB's but you can't fault him for the role he's played with us. I'm surprised he's ended up dropping down a division, all be it on loan. Given the likes of Dan Burn have been sold for Ā£15mill, I'm amazed there has been nobody coming in with an offer like that for Phillips who has performed at a much higher standard. Perhaps there's too much of an obvious look with where he stands with us so clubs are trying to get him cheap as possible, or in this case on a loan.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,059 posts | 2745 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #278: Jan 31, 2022 10:51:53 pm
      Bournmouth doing some good work today
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,272 posts | 761 
      Reply #279: Jan 31, 2022 11:02:00 pm
      Very good player, who played his part when required. Good luck to Nat, think Bournemouth, have landed a class signing !
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,675 posts | 3696 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #280: Feb 01, 2022 08:26:01 am
      Good luck brother. Go and enjoy it.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,495 posts | 1759 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #281: Feb 01, 2022 08:46:38 am
      He's someway off the level of the rest of our CB's but you can't fault him for the role he's played with us. I'm surprised he's ended up dropping down a division, all be it on loan. Given the likes of Dan Burn have been sold for Ā£15mill, I'm amazed there has been nobody coming in with an offer like that for Phillips who has performed at a much higher standard. Perhaps there's too much of an obvious look with where he stands with us so clubs are trying to get him cheap as possible, or in this case on a loan.

Agreed, but if he does well in this loan, im sure more offers will come.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,895 posts | 4966 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #282: Feb 01, 2022 11:40:43 am
      Iā€™m kind of sad heā€™s gone to be honest , Nat Phillips is a rarity, he is your ultimate Warrior, a old fashioned centre half where he will stick his head where most wonā€™t risk their boots, we all seen his gladiatorial performances last season alongside, Matip, Fabinho, and Rhys Williams, he was simply immense, and he should be immensely proud of himself, Iā€™d have loved for him to stand in the centre circle at Anfield and belt outā€¦ā€I DO NOT ENTERTAINā€ā€¦how fitting would that be for his performances, all the very very best of British to this young Warrior he deserves a place in a good team, hopefully in the EPL, but wherever he ends up, know this, this fella will virtually run through a brick wall for you, all the best Nat lad, we old timers will never forget what you did in our hour of need !!

Y  N  W  A
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,683 posts | 3357 
      Reply #283: Feb 01, 2022 12:08:53 pm
      Phillips did well last year - came in and was superb

But his lack of pace was very clear and for a team that plays a high line then he is going ti struggle

He will perfect for a club that sits deep
      CT_LFC

• 6,800 posts | 1398 
      Reply #284: Feb 01, 2022 01:43:54 pm
      Wish the absolute best to this guy. He was immense for us and love his no nonsense, keep it simple style of play. Very aware of what he is and isn't good at. Last year he showed he can play at the PL level and is going to an exciting promotion battle at Bournemouth and should they make it to the PL hope they make the loan a permanent.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,168 posts | 6344 
      Reply #285: Feb 01, 2022 02:21:32 pm
      In my mind he deserves a premier league gig. Hopefully the championship loan is just so he can stay active, get some playing time and then he'll get a move he wants in the summer.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,067 posts | 8514 
      Reply #286: Feb 01, 2022 05:56:48 pm
      Good luck to him, threw a shift in when we needed him.
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,652 posts | 1584 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #287: Feb 03, 2022 11:30:04 pm
      Iā€™m kind of sad heā€™s gone to be honest , Nat Phillips is a rarity, he is your ultimate Warrior, a old fashioned centre half where he will stick his head where most wonā€™t risk their boots, we all seen his gladiatorial performances last season alongside, Matip, Fabinho, and Rhys Williams, he was simply immense, and he should be immensely proud of himself, Iā€™d have loved for him to stand in the centre circle at Anfield and belt outā€¦ā€I DO NOT ENTERTAINā€ā€¦how fitting would that be for his performances, all the very very best of British to this young Warrior he deserves a place in a good team, hopefully in the EPL, but wherever he ends up, know this, this fella will virtually run through a brick wall for you, all the best Nat lad, we old timers will never forget what you did in our hour of need !!

Y  N  W  A

Good luck Nat and like Billy says above he was an absolute warrior for us, he certainly deserves first team football, he reminded me a bit like Terry Butcher last season with his head bandaged up.. all the best Nat, go smash it down there son.
      Keny
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 179 posts | 26 
      Reply #288: Feb 04, 2022 12:42:56 am
      Lacking speed is a problem in modern games.  I think I watched Nat and Rhy Williams in the same game last season and it was a disaster.  Anyway, wish him good luck at Bournemouth.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 1074 
      Reply #289: Feb 04, 2022 05:08:43 am

Y  N  W  A

Great post Billy. He will be forgotten by most if we win this seasons CL, but IMO we would've never climbed back into the top 4 last season, and had a shot in the CL if it wasn't for this lad. Will always root dor Nat......... Unless he goes to United or Everton of course ;D.

YNWA
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,067 posts | 8514 
      Reply #290: Feb 04, 2022 05:41:57 pm
      Lacking speed is a problem in modern games.  I think I watched Nat and Rhy Williams in the same game last season and it was a disaster.  Anyway, wish him good luck at Bournemouth.

Also daw them in the Man Utd league game and they were sound.

Swings and roundabouts!
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,142 posts | 257 
      Reply #291: Feb 05, 2022 02:47:44 pm
      One of a player I'll remember for long time, not sure why, I just like the looking of him. Always believe and confident when see him in the team.
      In the team with right set up I belive he could be a really good player.
      Wish you all the best for your future big Nat.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,067 posts | 8514 
      Reply #292: May 11, 2022 08:57:33 pm
      Hahaha been smashing Liam Gallagher's daughters back doors in.

Good work Nat!!
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,495 posts | 1759 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Re: Nathaniel Phillips Player Thread (D)
      Reply #293: Jan 23, 2023 01:05:39 pm
      Twatter rumours big natt is on the way out :(

Williams is back from his loan, we also brought young billy koumetio back as well, so maybe thats the last minute.com cover now. ?
      CT_LFC

• 6,800 posts | 1398 
      Reply #294: Jan 23, 2023 01:10:30 pm
      Good luck to him if he goes. Obviously looking and deserving of more regular playing time.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,495 posts | 1759 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #295: Jan 23, 2023 01:14:10 pm
      Good luck to him if he goes. Obviously looking and deserving of more regular playing time.

Agreed.

Be sad to see him go, but really needs to be playing every game now.

Losing a decent homegrown from squad though. :(
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 1074 
      Reply #296: Jan 23, 2023 03:31:01 pm
      Agreed.

Be sad to see him go, but really needs to be playing every game now.

Losing a decent homegrown from squad though. :(

Couldn't have said it better. Always enjoyed him and he played fearlessly
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,380 posts | 3387 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #297: Jan 23, 2023 03:41:05 pm
      Wouldn't read too much into billy k and rhys Williams coming back on loan. Just not getting enough game time.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,495 posts | 1759 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #298: Jan 23, 2023 03:48:16 pm
      Wouldn't read too much into billy k and rhys Williams coming back on loan. Just not getting enough game time.

could be.

Quick Reply