Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Nathaniel Phillips Player Thread (D)

Read 34637 times
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Re: Nathaniel Phillips Player Thread (D)
      Reply #299: Jan 23, 2023 07:20:12 pm
      Wouldn't read too much into billy k and rhys Williams coming back on loan. Just not getting enough game time.
      Yup, I think Koumetio's return was planned way before the window even opened because his loan at Austria Wien didn't go too well and he found himself out of the coach's plans.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #300: Jan 23, 2023 07:56:50 pm
      Wouldn't read too much into billy k and rhys Williams coming back on loan. Just not getting enough game time.

Apart from the twitter bellends getting carried away suggesting he's going straight back in the team  :mad:
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #301: Jan 23, 2023 11:13:10 pm
      Apart from the twitter bellends getting carried away suggesting he's going straight back in the team  :mad:

Yep, max woltman and Fidel o'rourke are back from loans as well as one of the young polish keepers
      RickRed
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 45 posts | 12 
      Reply #302: Jan 25, 2023 10:21:11 am
      It's rumoured we have interest in Nat so Rhys is coming back to cover with Virgil out injured.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #303: Jan 25, 2023 10:35:29 am
      Wish we could afford him at motherwell, our defence has been rotten recently.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,609 posts | 365 
      Reply #304: Jan 25, 2023 02:26:23 pm
      I hope he gets his move. A career is a short one and he deserves to play football
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #305: Jan 25, 2023 07:00:46 pm
      Obviously trying to get transfer funds.

But right now I'd play Nat ahead of Gomez.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #306: Jan 25, 2023 07:05:37 pm

Same here
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #307: Jan 26, 2023 08:22:48 am
      He should have been given a chance with VVD because he is a very good defender. Old school but efficient.

I would be sad, if he leaves but it is more sad seeing him on the bench.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #308: Jan 26, 2023 09:20:28 am
      He should have been given a chance with VVD because he is a very good defender. Old school but efficient.

I would be sad, if he leaves but it is more sad seeing him on the bench.

Or Konate!!
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 790 posts | 273 
      Reply #309: Jan 27, 2023 09:20:35 pm

Have to disagree with this. I thought Gomez played well against Chelsea and might be getting closer to the player we saw before the injury. Don't think he'll ever be a regular starter but is a better option as backup than Nat. Nat is a solid defender but to slow for us. When he got a start against Crystal Palace Zaha exposed his deficiencies fairly easily (I know he had no help from Virgil and Trent).

I think we should sell him to a club that will give him a regular starting place and thank him for the job he did for us.
      Always gave 100% every time he was on the pitch.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #310: Jan 29, 2023 10:25:26 am
      The fella’s a absolute warrior and we could do with more like him, the game of football has changed in itself and became for me too soft, you only have to blow on that silly tw*t Grealish and he’s down chewing the cud, unfortunately for the big fella he’s in the wrong era for his style of defending,

He’s a brilliant CB but sadly not at the level we need, for the sake of his career he’d be better off played regularly in a side in the Championship, he gives everything he can on the pitch and no one can ask for anymore than that, no one will ever forget what he and Rhys Williams did during our ‘annus horribilis’ season, we reached the CL partly due to their efforts,

I think we should cash in and get what we can for him, whoever he ends up with their getting a top quality player and brilliant defender.

All the best Nat La, You’ll Never Walk Alone!!
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #311: Jan 29, 2023 10:30:31 am
      The fella’s a absolute warrior and we could do with more like him, the game of football has changed in itself and became for me too soft, you only have to blow on that silly T**t Grealish and he’s down chewing the cud, unfortunately for the big fella he’s in the wrong era for his style of defending,

He’s a brilliant CB but sadly not at the level we need, for the sake of his career he’d be better off played regularly in a side in the Championship, he gives everything he can on the pitch and no one can ask for anymore than that, no one will ever forget what he and Rhys Williams did during our ‘annus horribilis’ season, we reached the CL partly due to their efforts,

I think we should cash in and get what we can for him, whoever he ends up with their getting a top quality player and brilliant defender.

All the best Nat La, You’ll Never Walk Alone!!

I wish him all the best. He does give 100% every game.
      I’m not sure he’s suited to the high press. A deep lying defensive counter attacking team he would do well at.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #312: Jan 29, 2023 12:22:34 pm
      Have to disagree with this. I thought Gomez played well against Chelsea and might be getting closer to the player we saw before the injury. Don't think he'll ever be a regular starter but is a better option as backup than Nat. Nat is a solid defender but to slow for us. When he got a start against Crystal Palace Zaha exposed his deficiencies fairly easily (I know he had no help from Virgil and Trent).

I think we should sell him to a club that will give him a regular starting place and thank him for the job he did for us.
      Always gave 100% every time he was on the pitch.

Gomez was utter sh*te first half and at least four or five times now in games he just switches off. Sadly the player with VVD from a couple of seasons ago isn't coming back. Cash in.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #313: Jan 30, 2023 04:31:16 am
      Gomez was utter sh*te first half and at least four or five times now in games he just switches off. Sadly the player with VVD from a couple of seasons ago isn't coming back. Cash in.

Nat wouldn't have sh*t himself and turned his back. Horrendous from Gomez!
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 790 posts | 273 
      Reply #314: Jan 30, 2023 09:22:02 am

After watching yesterday's game I have to agree with you. I was being to optimistic in my assessment of Gomez. He had great potential 3-4 years ago and could have been a long term starter for us. Sadly injuries appear to have ruined his career. I still think there is a place for him in the squad. He's still young and may still have the potential to improve.

Nat has never let us down but he doesn't have the natural attributes that are required to play in our team, primarily a lack of pace. Gomez did have the ability (it might still be there, somewhere). We need money to invest in the team and Nat deserves to be at a team where he will get 1st team matches regularly
      « Last Edit: Jan 30, 2023 12:02:40 pm by gazred »
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #315: Jan 30, 2023 09:50:41 am

Nat wouldn't have sh*t himself and turned his back. Horrendous from Gomez!

Noted that myself, was a great play from the brighton lad, but ffs gomez fell hook line and sinker for the dummy.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #316: Jul 04, 2023 12:53:24 pm
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #317: Aug 02, 2023 02:27:23 pm
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #318: Aug 26, 2023 02:24:37 pm

Starting to get tired of the same tune being sung every summer with Phillips. I think there is and was no plan of selling Phillips. The only way Phillips moves is if there is a genuine will to add another CB to the crop. The reality, like we've seen, is that there is no plan to do so and so Phillips stays until we come across the perfect find of a CB which means he has to have homegrown status, be good and of course cost the price of a CB that isn't good. If we do come across that specimen and he cost anything more than 40m then F**k that, we'll sit in front of the journos and talk about Saudi Arabia, how we're keeping our eyes open (starting getting worried about dryness at this point) and philosophize a bit about the state of the game.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #319: Aug 27, 2023 12:50:36 pm

Starting to get tired of the same tune being sung every summer with Phillips. I think there is and was no plan of selling Phillips. The only way Phillips moves is if there is a genuine will to add another CB to the crop. The reality, like we've seen, is that there is no plan to do so and so Phillips stays until we come across the perfect find of a CB which means he has to have homegrown status, be good and of course cost the price of a CB that isn't good. If we do come across that specimen and he cost anything more than 40m then F**k that, we'll sit in front of the journos and talk about Saudi Arabia, how we're keeping our eyes open (starting getting worried about dryness at this point) and philosophize a bit about the state of the game.

Or he's simply kept around for the English quota of players.

That would be my guess, with players coming through academy, we now see as time to sell.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #320: Aug 27, 2023 01:26:08 pm
      Did see a report that Stuttgart were interested
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #321: Aug 27, 2023 02:26:45 pm
      Did see a report that Stuttgart were interested
      I don't think he'll move before the end of the window and, at this point, I think that unless we add a CB first it would be wiser to keep him anyway.

Quick Reply