Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v West Ham?

Alisson
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      8 (5.3%)
      James Milner
      67 (44.7%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      1 (0.7%)
      Naby Keïta
      39 (26%)
      Sadio Mane
      33 (22%)
      Mohammed Salah
      1 (0.7%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      0 (0%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      1 (0.7%)

Total Members Voted: 148

Voting closed: Aug 16, 2018 03:21:38 pm

Liverpool 4-0 West Ham United: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 26504 times
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Re: Liverpool 4-0 West Ham United: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #437: Aug 14, 2018 02:57:24 pm
      What is this talk about Hendo moving Pianos? If he did, he would only move the piano short distances sideways, it would never get to the destination.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #438: Aug 14, 2018 03:02:51 pm
      Piano carriers. Piano players.

Sir Elton John and Billy Preston is/was great creating beautiful melodies on the keyboards, but I wouldn't hire either of them to get my Richmond Upright to the Premier League trophy award ceremony in top condition. Other talents are needed for that.

And btw, we're not going to have the top player in the world at all 11 positions. We just want to have the players best suited to move Klopp's master plan forward to victory. I think we're getting very close to having that.

EDIT: Meant to say "Piano carriers, piano PLAYERS." nothing but operator error there - and it's not even a great analogy/metaphor as Hendo is not without more aesthetic skills.

Absolutely agree. Hendo is still just as important as Naby, Fabinho, Wijnaldum, Lallana, Milner or Ox. It's all about the right balance as Milner (Piano carrier) showed vs West ham!

HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #439: Aug 14, 2018 03:18:31 pm
      Always some silly excuse and tortured logic  :laugh:

I just love as well how people ignore his stats, and then try to twist them to suit their agenda.
      You lot are funny  :laugh:

No agenda, I just brought reality into your post and gave you the reasons why Henderson has survived for so long. If he was such a great player why did klopp feel that midfield was the area we needed to strengthen on this season? We signed two and tried to get a third.

I commented several times last season on how well we played when Henderson wasn't in the team and Sunday was the best I've seen us play in a long time too, the performance was perfect.

The fact is, we don't need him. He's never been a very good 6 and until van dijk came in our defence was all over the place so he never did a particular good job at protecting them.

He's not good enough or consistent enough to be the 8 for a club of our size either. I repeatedly said last season that when Keita arrives people will see the difference between a boss midfielder and just an alright one.  After game one I've seen the difference already. It was massive. We looked so much better.

I'm not saying that was entirely down to Henderson being out the side. He can be a very good squad player for us. But if we're going to start winning some titles and cups then he can no longer be first name on the team sheet in my opinion. We have to aim much higher.

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #440: Aug 14, 2018 03:40:14 pm
      No agenda, I just brought reality into your post and gave you the reasons why Henderson has survived for so long. If he was such a great player why did klopp feel that midfield was the area we needed to strengthen on this season? We signed two and tried to get a third.

I commented several times last season on how well we played when Henderson wasn't in the team and Sunday was the best I've seen us play in a long time too, the performance was perfect.

The fact is, we don't need him. He's never been a very good 6 and until van dijk came in our defence was all over the place so he never did a particular good job at protecting them.

He's not good enough or consistent enough to be the 8 for a club of our size either. I repeatedly said last season that when Keita arrives people will see the difference between a boss midfielder and just an alright one.  After game one I've seen the difference already. It was massive. We looked so much better.

I'm not saying that was entirely down to Henderson being out the side. He can be a very good squad player for us. But if we're going to start winning some titles and cups then he can no longer be first name on the team sheet in my opinion. We have to aim much higher.

Reality obviously isn't something you have more than a passing acquaintance with.

We lost Can, we lost Coutinho.
      The new players fill those gaps, especially with the addition of Shaqiri who can play a number of attacking roles.

This is you going mental and ranting on about how Shaqiri can't play a "10" role all over again.
      oops
      Perhaps you should read the article in the "Improving Midfield" thread.

Or maybe not.
      It's obvious you know more than Dalglish, Rogers and Klopp combined  :laugh:

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #441: Aug 14, 2018 07:15:58 pm
      Struggling to see TAA's 'poor game' to be honest.

Looked a bit off the pace when chasing back defending, could easily be put down to him not having as much pre-season training as a lot of the other team.

Perfect start to the season, some good football and nicely worked goals, stand out players for me from Sunday were Mane, Keita, Milner and Gini. All had very good games.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #442: Aug 14, 2018 07:17:27 pm
      What is this talk about Hendo moving Pianos? If he did, he would only move the piano short distances sideways, it would never get to the destination.

Funny the fella who just guided France to the World Cup was described as something similar when he played and he wasn't a bad footy player!!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #443: Aug 14, 2018 07:20:42 pm
      Piano carriers. Piano movers.

Sir Elton John and Billy Preston is/was great creating beautiful melodies on the keyboards, but I wouldn't hire either of them to get my Richmond Upright to the Premier League trophy award ceremony in top condition. Other talents are needed for that.

And btw, we're not going to have the top player in the world at all 11 positions. We just want to have the players best suited to move Klopp's master plan forward to victory. I think we're getting very close to having that.

EDIT: Meant to say "Piano carriers, piano PLAYERS." nothing but operator error there - and it's not even a great analogy/metaphor as Hendo is not without more aesthetic skills.

You mean water-carrier!!

That was what Cantona referred to Didier Deschamp's role in the French team
      Fourbrick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 844 posts | 235 
      Reply #444: Aug 14, 2018 08:04:29 pm
      You mean water-carrier!!

Talking about piano carriers.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wh5wzsy2q38
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #445: Aug 14, 2018 10:27:08 pm
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #446: Aug 14, 2018 11:41:24 pm
      You mean water-carrier!!

:f_steam:

piano/water, carrier/mover. Whatever. You get the point!  :lmao:

And yes, Deschamps is a good example.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #447: Aug 14, 2018 11:42:39 pm

If that's a real piano then Stan and Ollie must have been early contenders for the world powerlifting championships.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #448: Aug 15, 2018 01:06:37 am
      Reality obviously isn't something you have more than a passing acquaintance with.

We lost Can, we lost Coutinho.
      The new players fill those gaps, especially with the addition of Shaqiri who can play a number of attacking roles.

This is you going mental and ranting on about how Shaqiri can't play a "10" role all over again.
      oops
      Perhaps you should read the article in the "Improving Midfield" thread.

Or maybe not.
      It's obvious you know more than Dalglish, Rogers and Klopp combined  :laugh:

Ok, to be honest I can't be arsed having a debate over whether henderson is a great player or not. You have your opinion, I have mine.

What I will say though is I repeatedly said on this forum that I don't want either Henderson or Lovren in our starting line up whenever possible. Neither are good enough. Neither played on Sunday and we smashed West Ham who many people tip for a European place this season. We're top of the league and it's possibly the best I've seen us play under klopp in terms of controlling a game. It was perfect. Defence were brilliant, midfield was brilliant. There were no liabilities. No weaknesses.

We've always been a great attacking side under Jürgen but there was always the possibility we could let the other team back into the game. It happened plenty of times.  But something was different about sunday. It's very early days so I'm not getting carried away just yet but it was a champions like performance. I couldn't fault it and i ALWAYS look for improvement and I always state what we did right and what we did wrong.

I noticed the huge difference in having keita in our midfield and it was just a breath of fresh air for me. I've been crying out for this player for years. He was a joy to watch and the difference in standard to what we've seen in recent years was there to see. Hopefully Fabinho can be of that standard too and if he is then we have a real team on our books.

I didn't notice it at the time, but I've seen a video of it since, where Henderson came onto the pitch and shaqiri is in possession. Henderson is shouting at him and pointing to play the ball back to Alisson. Instead, Shaqiri turns and plays a simple ball FORWARD. I couldn't help but laugh. It was just typical of Henderson.

He has his part to play this season Henderson, a very big part actually and at times we will need him. We will have tons of difficult games where we might be a bit tired and I couldn't think of anyone better to inject some energy into the side. But he shouldn't be in the starting 11.

Anyway. A great performance on Sunday, same line up on monday please Jürgen.
      maddog2020
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #449: Aug 15, 2018 02:00:59 am
      Great game. Could someone clear up a rules question for me? Why was the 2nd goal at the start of the 2nd half not offsides? I started watching Premiere League last year and the adopted the Reds but still learning the game. Milner, Mane and one other player were all behind the defense. I don't get it. Thanks, Mad Dog
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #450: Aug 15, 2018 02:43:38 am
      Great game. Could someone clear up a rules question for me? Why was the 2nd goal at the start of the 2nd half not offsides? I started watching Premiere League last year and the adopted the Reds but still learning the game. Milner, Mane and one other player were all behind the defense. I don't get it. Thanks, Mad Dog

It was offside.  The linesman just missed it.  It's a problem (missed calls) that needs fixing.  Video Assisted Replay (VAR) was supposed to be the answer, but the Premier League declined to utilize it this year. 
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #451: Aug 15, 2018 06:33:36 am
      It was offside.  The linesman just missed it.  It's a problem (missed calls) that needs fixing.  Video Assisted Replay (VAR) was supposed to be the answer, but the Premier League declined to utilize it this year.
      I think he means the second goal, which was actually at the end of the first half because Milner wasn’t anywhere near the 3rd goal.

If so mate, here it is. When the ball is played in by Robertson, Milner is behind or in line with the deepest defender so onside. Mane and Firmino would indeed be offside from the Robertson ball but they are not interfering with play at that point. When Milner cuts the ball back, he is the most advanced player on the park so anyone behind him is not offside. If you play the ball behind you, the player receiving cannot be offside no matter where the opposition players are positioned. Hope this makes sense.
      « Last Edit: Aug 15, 2018 06:42:11 am by ConzS »
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #452: Aug 15, 2018 11:40:00 am
      Ok, to be honest I can't be arsed having a debate over whether henderson is a great player or not. You have your opinion, I have mine.

What I will say though is I repeatedly said on this forum that I don't want either Henderson or Lovren in our starting line up whenever possible. Neither are good enough. Neither played on Sunday and we smashed West Ham who many people tip for a European place this season. We're top of the league and it's possibly the best I've seen us play under klopp in terms of controlling a game. It was perfect. Defence were brilliant, midfield was brilliant. There were no liabilities. No weaknesses.

We've always been a great attacking side under Jürgen but there was always the possibility we could let the other team back into the game. It happened plenty of times.  But something was different about sunday. It's very early days so I'm not getting carried away just yet but it was a champions like performance. I couldn't fault it and i ALWAYS look for improvement and I always state what we did right and what we did wrong.

I noticed the huge difference in having keita in our midfield and it was just a breath of fresh air for me. I've been crying out for this player for years. He was a joy to watch and the difference in standard to what we've seen in recent years was there to see. Hopefully Fabinho can be of that standard too and if he is then we have a real team on our books.

I didn't notice it at the time, but I've seen a video of it since, where Henderson came onto the pitch and shaqiri is in possession. Henderson is shouting at him and pointing to play the ball back to Alisson. Instead, Shaqiri turns and plays a simple ball FORWARD. I couldn't help but laugh. It was just typical of Henderson.

He has his part to play this season Henderson, a very big part actually and at times we will need him. We will have tons of difficult games where we might be a bit tired and I couldn't think of anyone better to inject some energy into the side. But he shouldn't be in the starting 11.

So despite having a crystal ball, being privy to what is said on the pitch, and confusing your opinion with fact, you still don't understand game management.

OK.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #453: Aug 15, 2018 01:03:06 pm
      The top six teams next six match

Chelsea play:- Arsenal, Newcastle United, AFC Bournemouth,Cardiff City,West Ham United, Liverpool,Southampton

Utd play:- Brighton & Hove Albion, Tottenham, Burnley,Watford,Wolverhampton Wanderers,West Ham United, Newcastle United

Arsenal play:- Chelsea,West Ham United, Cardiff City,Newcastle United,Everton,Watford,Fulham

Spur play:- Fulham, Manchester United, Watford, Liverpool,Brighton & Hove Albion,Huddersfield Town, Cardiff City

City play:- Huddersfield Town, Wolverhampton Wanderers, Newcastle United,Fulham, Cardiff City,Brighton & Hove Albion,Liverpool

Liverpool play:- Crystal Palace, Brighton & Hove Albion, Leicester City, Tottenham,Southampton, Chelsea, Manchester City

We have a couple of tough games in there,Spurs Chelsea, but if we can win those then the crunch game will be the Man City Game on October 7th, hopefully we will still be top by then.
                                                                                          With City's fixture they look odds on the be right up there... Both Arsenal, and Utd can be a bit hit and Spur prone to a few hic-ups alone the way Spur...

I believe it will come down to a three way fight for the title this season... Chelsea,City and Liverpool with it either being Us(Liverpool) or City winning out in the end... I don't feel that in recent years that we have looked stronger that we do now, and if we can get the front three firing on all cylinders as we did last season, and a few goals from mid-field hopefully that will be enough for the title..

I think that the pundits and fans all over England were right to believe that "Footballs coming home", only it was not the World Cup coming home to England but rather the Title coming home to where it belongs...Liverpool FC

YNWA
      number7
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 803 posts |
      Reply #454: Aug 16, 2018 12:00:40 am
      Very very happy with the 4-0 win, it could have been more.
      We're looking strong in the early part of the season. Hopefully we can keep going until the end.
      It's going to be a long and hard season for sure, but one game at a time and not thinking too far ahead, that's what they keep saying. Super excited! :D
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #455: Aug 16, 2018 05:38:45 pm

First game of the season and pair if randy fuckers eyeing up some pussy, i swear LFC fans of today just don't get it do they ?..........She did have nice puppies tho 😁YNWA

Haha, well I'm pushing 40 mate and having supported the club through the dark ages, I feel I've earned the right to enjoy ALL of it's glory once in a while :)

Ps: I'm coming up for the Brighton game, I'll watch out for the puppies...
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #456: Aug 16, 2018 05:41:49 pm

I bet he only plays the same tune over and over again as well. Klopp's piano demands a bit of heavy metal...
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #457: Aug 16, 2018 05:50:22 pm

Pretty much summed it up  :)
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #458: Aug 17, 2018 12:25:48 pm
      Haha, well I'm pushing 40 mate and having supported the club through the dark ages, I feel I've earned the right to enjoy ALL of it's glory once in a while :)

Ps: I'm coming up for the Brighton game, I'll watch out for the puppies...

So, anyone going to put up a pic or just talk about it till the cows come home?  ;D
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #459: Aug 17, 2018 12:43:16 pm
      So, anyone going to put up a pic or just talk about it till the cows come home?  ;D

Talking about a honey spotted at a game is one thing, starting to post pics on forums is just creepy stalker territory bro...

Quick Reply