Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Tue 16th Jun @ 8:00 pm
      Goodison Park

Today is the 2nd of June and on this date LFC's match record is P4 W3 D0 L1

News Stories (August 2018)

Read 362 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 35,698 posts | 4728 
      News Stories (August 2018)
      Aug 14, 2018 05:08:43 pm
      You are going to have a different outlook on life if you were driving this truck, wouldn't you?

Horrible tragedy

Italy bridge: Genoa motorway collapse kills 35
      A motorway bridge has collapsed in the northwest Italian city of Genoa, killing at least 35 people as vehicles plummeted to the ground, emergency services say.

Dramatic video footage captured the moment of the disaster when one of the huge supporting towers crashed down during torrential rain.

Vehicles and debris fell 90m (295ft) on to rail tracks and a warehouse.

Rescuers are trying to free people caught in crushed vehicles or rubble.

Some 200 firefighters are working at the scene, Interior Minister Matteo Salvini said.

Transport Minister Danilo Toninelli spoke of an "immense tragedy" and France offered Italy its support.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-45183624
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,752 posts | 3303 
      Re: News Stories (August 2018)
      Reply #1: Aug 14, 2018 10:35:20 pm
      You are going to have a different outlook on life if you were driving this truck, wouldn't you?

Horrible tragedy

A motorway bridge has collapsed in the northwest Italian city of Genoa, killing at least 35 people as vehicles plummeted to the ground, emergency services say.

Dramatic video footage captured the moment of the disaster when one of the huge supporting towers crashed down during torrential rain.

Some 200 firefighters are working at the scene, Interior Minister Matteo Salvini said.

Transport Minister Danilo Toninelli spoke of an "immense tragedy" and France offered Italy its support.

Horrific scenes.
      This bridge has been the subject of intense scrutiny for some time because of it's structural design and inherent flaws.
      Hundreds of other bridges are to be examined for similar faults.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 28,389 posts | 4326 
      Reply #2: Aug 15, 2018 10:37:00 am
      300 Catholic priests accused of all sorts of horrific sexual assaults in the US there are an estimated 17000 victims in the US alone all covered up and many are now unable to be prosecuted because of limitations or the Priests are dead.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 30,523 posts | 4349 
      Reply #3: Aug 16, 2018 03:00:45 am
      300 Catholic priests accused of all sorts of horrific sexual assaults in the US there are an estimated 17000 victims in the US alone all covered up and many are now unable to be prosecuted because of limitations or the Priests are dead.

I notice all the mouthy cu*ts on Twitter who would be calling for blood if it was a Muslim grooming gang are quiet as f**k!! The Catholic church is still the biggest gang of nonce cu*ts going.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1370 
      Reply #4: Aug 16, 2018 01:55:07 pm
      I notice all the mouthy cu*ts on Twitter who would be calling for blood if it was a Muslim grooming gang are quiet as f**k!! The Catholic church is still the biggest gang of nonce cu*ts going.
      What a xenophobic thing to say. Not all Catholics are like that. Most Catholics are good people. There's a few rotten eggs in all societies. They're a minority and atheists have committed such crimes too, so don't tarnish whole groups with the same brush.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,752 posts | 3303 
      Reply #5: Aug 16, 2018 02:11:55 pm
      What a xenophobic thing to say. Not all Catholics are like that. Most Catholics are good people. There's a few rotten eggs in all societies. They're a minority and atheists have committed such crimes too, so don't tarnish whole groups with the same brush.

HR is referring to the Catholic church, not Catholics generally, it is quite clearly worded so your misunderstanding is puzzling.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,475 posts | 963 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #6: Aug 16, 2018 02:25:40 pm
      Don't know if you follow Qanon or not lads but i've been following Q for about a year and a half now. The belief is that he/she is either Trump, a member of the Trump administration or a member of the military. Q drops posts everyday issuing facts and cryptic clues to various unsolved (as of yet) crimes and cases in America.

They carried out a sting in Haiti (Operation Underground Railroad) and arrested over 2500 online sex predators along with several sex traffickers as they pretended to be buying the children. These people are scum and it is no secret that the Clinton Foundation is at the head of this evil ring.

In Washington on average there sit around 1500 indictments at any one time. Under the Trump administration there currently sit 45000 sealed indictments! It is alleged that most of these indictments relate to paedophilia and treason.

I can't wait to see these wankers hang.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 30,523 posts | 4349 
      Reply #7: Aug 16, 2018 05:18:48 pm
      Don't know if you follow Qanon or not lads but i've been following Q for about a year and a half now. The belief is that he/she is either Trump, a member of the Trump administration or a member of the military. Q drops posts everyday issuing facts and cryptic clues to various unsolved (as of yet) crimes and cases in America.

Everything I've heard and read it wouldn't surprise me if it was Steve Bannon.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,095 posts | 1164 
      Reply #8: Aug 23, 2018 10:44:38 pm
      The state of Australian politics. If the Simpsons satirical embodiment of it where the PM was sitting in a pond in his undies eating a hot dog was ever more relevant it's absolutely now.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #9: Aug 23, 2018 10:48:43 pm
      The state of Australian politics. If the Simpsons satirical embodiment of it where the PM was sitting in a pond in his undies eating a hot dog was ever more relevant it's absolutely now.

"MR PRIME MINISTAHHH! ANNNNNDY!"

In other news Alex Salmond has been reported to police for allegedly perving about...by none other than the Scottish Government itself.
      « Last Edit: Aug 23, 2018 11:17:08 pm by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,476 posts | 2785 
      Reply #10: Aug 24, 2018 01:09:28 pm
      "MR PRIME MINISTAHHH! ANNNNNDY!"

In other news Alex Salmond has been reported to police for allegedly perving about...by none other than the Scottish Government itself.

Why do they do it?

F***ing idiots.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #11: Aug 25, 2018 09:06:15 pm
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 24,376 posts | 3274 
      Reply #12: Aug 26, 2018 08:06:38 pm
      Another mass shooting in the USA..

Jacksonville.. Games tournament ..

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,381 posts | 2163 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #13: Aug 26, 2018 08:09:33 pm

No doubt donald trump's thoughts and prayers are with the victims
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 30,523 posts | 4349 
      Reply #14: Aug 26, 2018 08:12:32 pm

Just read on BBC news site it was a video games tournament, loads of people still in the complex and police got the place on lockdown.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 30,523 posts | 4349 
      Reply #15: Aug 26, 2018 08:13:44 pm

Another sit-down with victim's families soon then!!
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 24,376 posts | 3274 
      Reply #16: Aug 26, 2018 08:18:53 pm
      Just seen a video in which you can hear the shots and screams..

F***ing horrible b***ard..
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,752 posts | 3303 
      Reply #17: Aug 26, 2018 08:37:14 pm
      Same as the last one Trump will express this that and the other to poor, grief stricken relatives and a few weeks later will tell the NRA  "don't fret your guns are safe with me".

What the f**k is going on over there?
      Who the f**k voted for this fraud?
      « Last Edit: Aug 27, 2018 01:00:15 pm by stuey »
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #18: Aug 26, 2018 09:35:15 pm
      What more can you say in moments like these? Apart from the fact that the President has blood on his hands.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 30,523 posts | 4349 
      Reply #19: Aug 28, 2018 09:29:25 pm
      Well Theresa May knows she can't exactly say like the rest of her party, she thought Nelson Mandela was a terrorist!!

https://twitter.com/Channel4News/status/1034514614833373185
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 30,523 posts | 4349 
      Reply #20: Aug 29, 2018 09:30:14 pm
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,203 posts | 330 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #21: Aug 30, 2018 03:08:51 pm

Horrible tragedy

I hate driving over bridges. I get massive anxiety every time. When I was 19 I got a job delivering car parts . I had to drive across the George Washington bridge from NJ to the Bronx every day. When traffic stopped, the bridge would sway and bounce. I lost about 9 yrs of my life from stress on that job.I thought driving a truck loaded with thousands of dollars worth of new Cadillac parts around the South Bronx was dangerous.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,360 posts | 718 
      Reply #22: Aug 30, 2018 04:11:23 pm
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,203 posts | 330 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #23: Aug 30, 2018 08:40:17 pm
      Yeah, I doubt that. More likely, he doesn't give a f**k. I dont think that man has ever said a prayer for anyone or even stepped into a church. If he ever went inside a church, I think his hooves would slip on the marble floor and he'd fall down or burst into flames. One of the two. >:D

As usual he's at his golf club for another week, along with the dozens of staffers he brings along and then bills the government for all the room costs. This guy is like a generic Bond villain. He's evil, rich and wants to control the world but cant do it because he's surrounded by morons and "Yes" men who keep telling him how awesome he's doing. Meanwhile just about everyone who works with him is either getting indicted, arrested or they're  under investigation.

AZPatriot
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,944 posts | 1757 
      Reply #24: Aug 30, 2018 10:17:52 pm

Yeah, I doubt that. More likely, he doesn't give a f**k. I dont think that man has ever said a prayer for anyone or even stepped into a church. If he ever went inside a church, I think his hooves would slip on the marble floor and he'd fall down or burst into flames. One of the two. >:D

As usual he's at his golf club for another week, along with the dozens of staffers he brings along and then bills the government for all the room costs. This guy is like a generic Bond villain. He's evil, rich and wants to control the world but cant do it because he's surrounded by morons and "Yes" men who keep telling him how awesome he's doing. Meanwhile just about everyone who works with him is either getting indicted, arrested or they're  under investigation.

Quick Reply