Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

League Cup 2018/19 (Carabao Cup)

Read 26846 times
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: League Cup 2018/19 (Carabao Cup)
      Reply #23: Jan 09, 2019 02:13:19 pm
      Harry Kane. Also known as:

1) Professional Diver

2) Complete and utter gobs***e

"It was definitely a penalty." – Harry Kane

F**k off.

Look at the way he fell, it even looks like a dive, Textbook Arry, Textbook! plus the gormless tw*t was offside anyway.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #24: Jan 09, 2019 02:16:28 pm
      the linesman flagged for offside and it was very very close and I thought VAR was to correct obvious errors and decisions

I cannot understand how VAR worked fine in the World cup but not in the Carabo cup, how our referees not been trained in its use. I also agree that bias should be in the referees favour, as it is in Cricket and only an obvious mistake by the referee should be overturned, yesterday Harry was ruled offside by the linesman, and the VAR found it very very marginal that he was maybe onside, although other pictures show him offside, so in that case the original decision should stand.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #25: Jan 09, 2019 02:17:59 pm
      Anyway one good thing with this Carabo cup is that Spurs and Chelsea get 2 more competitive matches, just a shame Citeh have a stroll to the final and can field their B team in 2 matches although I suspect they may field a fairly strong team tonight to ensure the job is done.
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #26: Jan 09, 2019 03:10:46 pm
      Yep.

Think I said as much at the time.

Look at the way he fell, it even looks like a dive, Textbook Arry, Textbook! plus the gormless tw*t was offside anyway.

There is a difference in simulating a dive skilfully, and being bundled over by the opposition player at pace.

Because he's Harry Kane with an OBE his intentions are genuine in the eyes of people, but a player for Liverpool is through on goal and is knocked off the ball by the defender in the box, a media/fan witch hunt ensues? Players start verbally bullying him in games?

This doesn't happen to Mr. Genuine Harry Kane. Because he took England to the semi-final of the World Cup. If it's outside the box though, and he's no question dived without contact, nothing is mentioned of it again (like he did against Wolves the week before).

Cannot stand the in denial, receding ball-bag.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #27: Jan 09, 2019 04:24:47 pm
      Chelsea showing an alternative angle showing Kane is offside. The interesting thing is that the linesman put his flag up and stopped running and so did the players he clearly had an influence on the Chelsea defender.
      VAR is going to cause just as many problems as it solves.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #28: Jan 09, 2019 09:24:36 pm
      This game between Citeh and Burton is why there needs to be a proper seeding system in these competitions, absolute joke that Burton got this far in the competition without facing proper competition.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #29: Jan 09, 2019 09:27:13 pm
      This game between Citeh and Burton is why there needs to be a proper seeding system in these competitions, absolute joke that Burton got this far in the competition without facing proper competition.

Or better still...scrap the whole sorry excuse of a competition. A cup I care little for that just cheapens English football.
      LMW
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 364 posts | 112 
      Reply #30: Jan 09, 2019 09:30:07 pm

They knocked out a few good teams to be fair: Burnley, Forest, Villa, Middlesbrough. I think they earned their place, I don’t think seeding failed here.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #31: Jan 09, 2019 09:33:16 pm
      Or better still...scrap the whole sorry excuse of a competition. A cup I care little for that just cheapens English football.

make it a competition but for under 23's . I suspect one good CL game with TV is worth more than winning the League Cup.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #32: Jan 09, 2019 09:34:15 pm
      Stay classy Man City.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #33: Jan 09, 2019 09:34:48 pm
      They knocked out a few good teams to be fair: Burnley, Forest, Villa, Middlesbrough. I think they earned their place, I don’t think seeding failed here.

it simply isn't valued by clubs as it once was. Paisley realised it was a good way to get an early entry into Europe before the CL sucked the life out of the Uefa Cup and the Cup Winner Cup.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #34: Jan 09, 2019 09:35:54 pm

you could imagine the Kop booing our players not looking for them to humiliate a team like Burton
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,084 posts | 966 
      Reply #35: Jan 09, 2019 09:38:46 pm

I personally would bar the top 6 Prem teams from taking part. At least then the lesser teams would stand a chance. Burton didn’t stand a chance with the team City put out, 9-0 as I type, it’s farcical, and it’s only the first leg!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #36: Jan 09, 2019 09:45:55 pm
      Embarrassing.
      LMW
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 364 posts | 112 
      Reply #37: Jan 09, 2019 09:46:16 pm
      I personally would bar the top 6 Prem teams from taking part. At least then the lesser teams would stand a chance. Burton didn’t stand a chance with the team City put out, 9-0 as I type, it’s farcical, and it’s only the first leg!

Agreed. Something needs to be done. I don’t think there’s anything that can be done in terms of the way the teams are drawn out of the hat though. Clubs in the Prem and even the Championship are fielding weak teams in the cups, can’t blame Burton for beating who’s in front of them.

In times like this though there needs to be a boxing equivalent of throwing the towel in the ring...
      LMW
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 364 posts | 112 
      Reply #38: Jan 09, 2019 09:51:55 pm
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #39: Jan 09, 2019 09:56:16 pm
      So when we beat up on teams it's all good,some one else does it and there needs to be changes,f***in ell,so whiney about everything now.And i'm aware that's a bit of a whine!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #40: Jan 09, 2019 11:27:36 pm
      So when we beat up on teams it's all good,some one else does it and there needs to be changes,f***in ell,so whiney about everything now.And i'm aware that's a bit of a whine!

I couldn’t give a damn what the scoreline was, 1-0 or 9-0, makes no difference to me because in one game Burton wouldn’t have had a chance so over two games they were never going to go through. My point was how god damn lucky they have been with the draws this season.

If anything, hopefully this result leads to them being complacent when they play Wolves.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #41: Jan 09, 2019 11:35:24 pm

Well you know what applying FFP would be a start!
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #42: Jan 09, 2019 11:59:34 pm
      you could imagine the Kop booing our players not looking for them to humiliate a team like Burton

Remember the 10-0 v fulham, 8-0 v swansea, 7-1 v york . 8 nil at stoke etc.no booing then.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #43: Jan 10, 2019 12:04:16 am
      Some people with short memories, had a few great days out through the league cup, yet now we have this garbage about it being meaningless. A trophy is a trophy and this pl and cl are the only thing that matters is something that really gets my goat.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #44: Jan 10, 2019 12:07:57 am
      Some people with short memories, had a few great days out through the league cup, yet now we have this garbage about it being meaningless. A trophy is a trophy and this pl and cl are the only thing that matters is something that really gets my goat.

But why, surely you can see we don’t have the resources of the plastics or Utd, just look at our defensive issues at the moment!

Which tournaments do you think we prioritise?
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #45: Jan 10, 2019 12:18:53 am
      But why, surely you can see we don’t have the resources of the plastics or Utd, just look at our defensive issues at the moment!

Which tournaments do you think we prioritise?

Would you say spurs or chelsea have a much deeper squad than us ?. No i wouldn't,  people are talking about having less games being an advantage , we are talking 2 or 3 games a month which is hardly massive. Injuries can happen at anytime so this nonsense about worrying about players actually playing in case they get injured. Perhaps also you shouldn't be weakening the squad in january.

Quick Reply