Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. MOTM v Brighton?

Alisson Becker
      23 (20.4%)
      Trent Alexander Arnold
      2 (1.8%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      6 (5.3%)
      Joe Gomez
      8 (7.1%)
      Andy Robertson
      10 (8.8%)
      Gini Wijnaldum
      28 (24.8%)
      Naby Keita
      1 (0.9%)
      James Milner
      29 (25.7%)
      Sadio Mane
      1 (0.9%)
      Mo Salah
      5 (4.4%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 111

Voting closed: Aug 27, 2018 07:25:14 pm

Liverpool 1-0 Brighton: In game and post match debate

Read 22630 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Re: Liverpool 1-0 Brighton: In game and post match debate
      Reply #207: Aug 25, 2018 09:39:02 pm
      I went for Trent I thought he was involved in som uch good stuff today and he hit the bar and when it was needed took the yellow for the team. Its hard to believe he has hardly had a full season yet.
      Some muppet on Talkshite said we will not win the league because of our full backs well we might just win it because of them both of them really put a shift in today.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Re: Live: Liverpool V Brighton
      Reply #208: Aug 25, 2018 09:42:35 pm
      Well you are a plus whore - you try to pick arguments with certain people and lick others arses to get pluses.

Sad really.

And are there "enough people out there who know what I mean"?
      Really?

There were loads on here who said we should bid a fortune for Jack Rodwell as well.

You can't pass into space except as a complete waste, when there is no space.

And now you can only back up your own argument with "enough people out there who know what I mean".
      I'm sure there are plenty of other stupid people out there, but it doesn't make you right, it just means other stupid people agree with you.

You need to remember that having an opinion is fine, asserting it as fact, less so, and when the opinion is absolute bollocks, it has no validity.

Here is something that with you claimed 50 years plus of football knowledge and life knowledge in general you still fail to understand

You do not know everything about everything... Nor calling other whom you do not agree with "Stupid"

secondly... Well you are a plus whore - you try to pick arguments with certain people and lick others arses to get pluses.
      If people like what i say then so be it, same as if the hate what i say so be it.... I will give pluses to things that i a) agree with or b) points, and observations that may differ to mine but that i feel are well made I don't have to "lick others arse" I am sure that if there where "thumps down" I would be close to being tops for my views on Rafa, and Kenny's buys... You seem to be the one who needs people to love him

Lastly, As I refuse to waste anymore time with you...  "You need to remember that having an opinion is fine, asserting it as fact, less so, and when the opinion is absolute bollocks, it has no validity."..... Tip.. Before you try tell other to abide by that.It is you who should remember that first... kapeesh...??
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,697 posts | 3365 
      Reply #209: Aug 25, 2018 09:45:53 pm
      Why are two people bickering like kids when we have won a game ? Is there history here or something. Blimey what’s it like when the team lose
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #210: Aug 25, 2018 09:48:54 pm
      Why are two people bickering like kids when we have won a game ? Is there history here or something. Blimey what’s it like when the team lose

Is it your first time on a football forum? :)
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #211: Aug 25, 2018 09:56:14 pm
      Looking down ..... we've found that confounded perch again today.

Gini :  M.O.T.M.
      « Last Edit: Aug 25, 2018 10:00:18 pm by MIRO »
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Re: Live: Liverpool V Brighton
      Reply #212: Aug 25, 2018 10:12:07 pm
      Here is something that with you claimed 50 years plus of football knowledge and life knowledge in general you still fail to understand

You do not know everything about everything... Nor calling other whom you do not agree with "Stupid"

secondly... Well you are a plus whore - you try to pick arguments with certain people and lick others arses to get pluses.
      If people like what i say then so be it, same as if the hate what i say so be it.... I will give pluses to things that i a) agree with or b) points, and observations that may differ to mine but that i feel are well made I don't have to "lick others arse" I am sure that if there where "thumps down" I would be close to being tops for my views on Rafa, and Kenny's buys... You seem to be the one who needs people to love him

Lastly, As I refuse to waste anymore time with you...  "You need to remember that having an opinion is fine, asserting it as fact, less so, and when the opinion is absolute bollocks, it has no validity."..... Tip.. Before you try tell other to abide by that.It is you who should remember that first... kapeesh...??

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

oh my F***ing days, all this because I asked you to point out where the space was that you insisted was there.

You couldn't, so you go on a meltdown rant about someone who barely knows you exist, "goading" you.

If you're going to insist that there is space, then it seems reasonable to ask you where it is.

But instead of answering (probably because you couldn't) you go on a major rant, throwing out weird conspiracy theories about people "goading" you.

Have a word with yourself fella, or get back on your meds, whichever suits you.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #213: Aug 25, 2018 10:14:29 pm

When we lose there'll be 30 pages of people who never otherwise post, ranting about how crap the players are, how many mistakes the manager made and how the owners are to blame.

It's standard, and the gobs***e who couldn't answer a simple question about space on the pitch will be a leading voice.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,139 posts | 1084 
      Reply #214: Aug 25, 2018 10:15:31 pm
      9 points in 3 games. 3-3 on clean sheets. We pick up 2 points on City when they play a recently relegated club. Everton play a man down and score two goals and get a red card in their favor only to snap a draw from the jaws of victory in the last 10 minutes. What a day.

Somebody up there's me
      rossyred

• 9,243 posts | 1652 
      Reply #215: Aug 25, 2018 10:53:05 pm
      Watched the game in Sunny Tenerife . Job done no fuss no where near top level and people still underperforming but three clean sheets and nine points take that all day .
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #216: Aug 25, 2018 10:53:43 pm
      Needed 3 points, got 3 points. I’m happy.
      harrydunn08

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #217: Aug 25, 2018 11:09:04 pm
      I'm a bit confused by all the people who are unhappy with the performance.  We dominated the game, we won the game, and never needed to get out of 2nd gear to do so. 

This reminds me of some of the ugly wins City picked up early last season.  They had a few games where they ground out a result or snatched a win deep into stoppage time -- as the season wore on, they just continued to gain confidence and momentum. 

Same again next week please 😎
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #218: Aug 25, 2018 11:21:43 pm
      Milner and Wijnaldum is too much mediocrity in our midfield. Both play pretty good, don't get me wrong, but they lack any vertical eye, creative passes or one-to-one skill. Shaq has all these qualities. He should start next week. In the meantime I am counting the days till Ox comes back...Ox-Shaq-Keita -> deadly!
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #219: Aug 26, 2018 12:10:15 am
      Milner and Wijnaldum is too much mediocrity in our midfield. Both play pretty good, don't get me wrong, but they lack any vertical eye, creative passes or one-to-one skill. Shaq has all these qualities. He should start next week. In the meantime I am counting the days till Ox comes back...Ox-Shaq-Keita -> deadly!

I need to watch the match again, but from my first view, I thought Wijnaldum did his job fine. He was great in the first half especially, but Milner and Keita seemed lackluster in the attacking department, but I wonder if that was down to Brighton being so defensive?
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #220: Aug 26, 2018 12:12:06 am
      Top of the league.
      Best start since 2013.
      Win the next one.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #221: Aug 26, 2018 12:58:22 am

Gini was my motm today. Not sure what you are on about.

Milner did his job well as usual.

Maybe Klopp knows what he’s doing.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #222: Aug 26, 2018 12:59:28 am

Well we're top of the league so Milly and Gini can't be doing too much wrong.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #223: Aug 26, 2018 01:02:41 am
      I need to watch the match again, but from my first view, I thought Wijnaldum did his job fine. He was great in the first half especially, but Milner and Keita seemed lackluster in the attacking department, but I wonder if that was down to Brighton being so defensive?

I think the midfield was a bit out of sorts because the front 3 were a bit out of sorts, if that makes sense.

Of course Brighton played very well defensively, and we still made chances, but it's so difficult for midfielders to shine when they have a 5 man midfield sitting so close to a back 4, and yes the same for the forwards.

We'll get a lot more opponents like this during the season, and some we'll break down, and others we'll have more trouble with, so I expect a few boring games and draws.

If teams come out to play football, we'll do a lot of damage once the lads are on top of their game.
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,715 posts | 162 
      Reply #224: Aug 26, 2018 01:36:35 am
      Another 3 points in the bag, top of the league even though it’s early and we are nowhere near playing our best football. F***ing delighted with that. We have so much more in us and Klopp will make sure he gets it. Let’s go....
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #225: Aug 26, 2018 02:04:37 am
      If the choice is between the opposition getting a dangerous attack with our players out of position and Trent getting a yellow, I'll take the yellow any day.

But TAA was one of them who’s position could have been better, the player ran off him far too easily in that situation.
      BostonScouse
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 715 posts | 106 
      Reply #226: Aug 26, 2018 03:31:28 am
      I kept going back and forth for my MOM and Milner just edged it for me because of his hockey assist, where he robbed Bissouma. Gini was excellent again today and made it difficult to choose.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #227: Aug 26, 2018 04:08:42 am
      I think the midfield was a bit out of sorts because the front 3 were a bit out of sorts, if that makes sense.

Of course Brighton played very well defensively, and we still made chances, but it's so difficult for midfielders to shine when they have a 5 man midfield sitting so close to a back 4, and yes the same for the forwards.

We'll get a lot more opponents like this during the season, and some we'll break down, and others we'll have more trouble with, so I expect a few boring games and draws.

If teams come out to play football, we'll do a lot of damage once the lads are on top of their game.

Gini may be our most improved player in the early going. And that's not suggesting he wasn't very good last season, because he was. It's clear from minutes played that Klopp valued/values him, and I've thought since he's been here he is a least a candidate for our most technically-gifted player.

But he seems to be throwing himself about more and just having a greater impact on the proceedings here in the early going. As I say, I think this is one of the biggest, if not the biggest, pluses on the new season.

Agree?
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #228: Aug 26, 2018 04:11:16 am
      You could argue that our front three has been the weakest-performing line in the early going (defense first, midfield second). That would be an astonishingly-promising truth for the ongoing season.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,353 posts | 1024 
      Reply #229: Aug 26, 2018 07:21:04 am
      You could argue that our front three has been the weakest-performing line in the early going (defense first, midfield second). That would be an astonishingly-promising truth for the ongoing season.
      Especially because we all know those three will click soon and be back to there old selves. I agree that about defence, think they have been fantastic so far.

Quick Reply