Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Pre-Match: Leicester City V Liverpool (01/09/18 - 12:30)

Read 10768 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Pre-Match: Leicester City V Liverpool (01/09/18 - 12:30)
      Reply #46: Aug 31, 2018 02:40:06 am
      Can see Hendo coming in for Milner and Shaqiri for Mane.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #47: Aug 31, 2018 05:13:18 am
      I wouldn't be surprised to see Henderson in for Milner but I would prefer we kept the same line-up we had the past three games. I feel like this can be a tricky game, really hope we see the attacking trio click early and take the pressure off defenders and keeper.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #48: Aug 31, 2018 07:05:31 am
      What is this garbage about people putting Henderson in our first 11. Haven't we proved with 3/3 that we don't need his negativity?

You don't watch the games do you.

Gini recorded 2 long passes the entire match against Brighton. He played 2 passes that left the ground, one of which was a nice chip over a players head to a teammate close by.

He played 76 passes of which:

Half went forward and half went backwards
      53 of the 76 were passed into the middle part of the pitch

I've said it a million times, if Henderson was Spanish, Dutch, Italian or whatever he'd be praised for his ability to 'control tempo' and hold onto the ball. And you're proof of it Rib.

EDIT:

I've looked at Henderson's stats from that game too now:

39 passes
      25 of which were forwards
      9 which were played into the attacking third only 2 less than Gini managed in his much longer time on the field.

Honestly, I swear people don't watch the games half the time. It's not hard.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,652 posts | 3920 
      Reply #49: Aug 31, 2018 07:33:59 am
      Wijnaldum over Hendeson for me
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #50: Aug 31, 2018 07:52:21 am

However as an attacking mid maybe you can enlighten me what is his role in midfield?

To be fair to Milner his role appears to be largely to create goals which he generally does more often than the rest of em. Didn't he break the record for assists in a Champions League campaign last season? I believe he has a team leading two assists in the EPL already this year.
      Jimsouse67

• 9,490 posts | 1478 
      Reply #51: Aug 31, 2018 07:52:43 am
      I rate them both in all honesty,it's a great dilemma to have in my book.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #52: Aug 31, 2018 10:19:09 am
      Look we get you don't rate him but if you honestly think Gini is a better 6 than Henderson you are deluded

Is Klopp also deluded then?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #53: Aug 31, 2018 10:20:29 am
      To be fair to Milner his role appears to be largely to create goals which he generally does more often than the rest of em. Didn't he break the record for assists in a Champions League campaign last season? I believe he has a team leading two assists in the EPL already this year.

Not a problem with that no doubt Milner will create goals against open teams, not too difficult with our front 3.

My issue is Milner against low block teams.

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #54: Aug 31, 2018 10:23:11 am
      Umm what’s all this DM business? Both Fabinho and Henderson are capable of sitting as well moving forward to support both the full backs or whoever the forward midfielder is - Klopp doesn’t have three defined midfielders into three roles , they are fluid and interchangeable - too many people play football manager these days

erm Fabinho is very definitely a DM and defensive midfielder is the only role Henderson offers any value to us, or England, as he has no dribbling or striking ability, ie not AM,  and very limited creativity, ie not CM/Playmaker.
      Henderson is a useful squad member but he is not an automatic starter any more, we have evolved beyond him as I believe England will as well.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,050 posts | 3431 
      Reply #55: Aug 31, 2018 10:46:53 am
      erm Fabinho is very definitely a DM and defensive midfielder is the only role Henderson offers any value to us, or England, as he has no dribbling or striking ability, ie not AM,  and very limited creativity, ie not CM/Playmaker.
      Henderson is a useful squad member but he is not an automatic starter any more, we have evolved beyond him as I believe England will as well.

Sorry but you are wrong on both Fabinho and Henderson , you only have to watch them play to show that you’re wrong but it looks like you seem to put little labels on players - it’s a symptom of people playing too much FIFA or that Football Manager.

Can you tell me when Klopp don’t you about Henderson not being an auto starter ? And wasn’t Henderson a clear starter for England as they progressed further than they have for a long time and all the whilst he played in a solid midfield role , pinging the Ball long or short all over the pitch - creating chances.

I guess a lot of this all seems to boil down to preconceived judgements that were born when he arrived and played under Br but I guess you have failed to recognise the role and impact he has for Klopp - i put it down to not seeing him actually at the game
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,050 posts | 3431 
      Reply #56: Aug 31, 2018 10:48:19 am

You seem to have a hotline to our manager - that’s cool

So what did he tell you when he was discussing how he rates both Gini and Hendo
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #57: Aug 31, 2018 11:41:29 am
      Not a problem with that no doubt Milner will create goals against open teams, not too difficult with our front 3.

My issue is Milner against low block teams.

To be fair our only goal against a deep lying Brighton came from a good bit of pressing from Milner, winning the ball back up high - which is exactly when a team playing the way Brighton did are at their most vulnerable. Along with Henderson, Lallana and Firmino he's among the best in the squad at pressing in the right way at the right time.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #58: Aug 31, 2018 11:47:26 am
      To be fair our only goal against a deep lying Brighton came from a good bit of pressing from Milner, winning the ball back up high - which is exactly when a team playing the way Brighton did are at their most vulnerable. Along with Henderson, Lallana and Firmino he's among the best in the squad at pressing in the right way at the right time.

Even a amateur player will know how to press.

Hell we do that playing Sunday league.

Look Jimmy will get plenty of games this season against certain teams. But for the sake of fluidity and rythm of our attack I don’t think he is the best option in midfield.

Like I said previously imo what’s missing at the moment is a midfielder playing high up comfortable on the ball and linking up play.

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #59: Aug 31, 2018 12:01:11 pm
      Sorry but you are wrong on both Fabinho and Henderson , you only have to watch them play to show that you’re wrong but it looks like you seem to put little labels on players - it’s a symptom of people playing too much FIFA or that Football Manager.

Can you tell me when Klopp don’t you about Henderson not being an auto starter ? And wasn’t Henderson a clear starter for England as they progressed further than they have for a long time and all the whilst he played in a solid midfield role , pinging the Ball long or short all over the pitch - creating chances.

I guess a lot of this all seems to boil down to preconceived judgements that were born when he arrived and played under Br but I guess you have failed to recognise the role and impact he has for Klopp - i put it down to not seeing him actually at the game

Hmm, nothing to do with labels, Fabinho is a DM, sorry but he just is, he can also play in defence which is perhaps another hint. Sure he can pass the ball forwards and probably have a shot on goal, something beyond Henderson's abilities sadly, but I'm sure how well he'd play as #10 for example.

The proof of Henderson not being an automatic starter is that erm he's not been starting the last 3 matches whilst young Trent has, now the first game I kind of understand that being about him only just returning form holidays but not all 3 when you look at for example Spurs who have been playing half the England team from the first match of the season.

I'm not sure what you are referring to with a preconceived judgement, I had no judgement of Henderson before he signed for us, he simply didn't register on my radar at all, since then he's done little to Wow me.

As I stated he is a decent squad player but he is far to limited in his abilities compared to the rest of the team. By the way please stop going on about England as if they had the best midfield in the tournament or something. In fact the one huge weakness of England was a lack of creativity in midfield and this stemmed in large part from Henderson, England with a better midfield could have won the tournament in my opinion.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #60: Aug 31, 2018 12:04:41 pm
      You seem to have a hotline to our manager - that’s cool

So what did he tell you when he was discussing how he rates both Gini and Hendo

No not at all, but I do now have you pegged as a child with that idiotic response.
      I was just saying that if you thought the poster was delusional thinking Wijnaldum was a better #6 (DM) than Henderson then you must also think that the manager was delusional as he is the man who has been choosing Wijnaldum over Henderson for that spot.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,435 posts | 3418 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #61: Aug 31, 2018 12:11:55 pm
      No not at all, but I do now have you pegged as a child with that idiotic response.
      I was just saying that if you thought the poster was delusional thinking Wijnaldum was a better #6 (DM) than Henderson then you must also think that the manager was delusional as he is the man who has been choosing Wijnaldum over Henderson for that spot.

Whereas you are just delusional
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #62: Aug 31, 2018 12:21:11 pm
      Hmm, nothing to do with labels, Fabinho is a DM, sorry but he just is, he can also play in defence which is perhaps another hint. Sure he can pass the ball forwards and probably have a shot on goal, something beyond Henderson's abilities sadly, but I'm sure how well he'd play as #10 for example.

The proof of Henderson not being an automatic starter is that erm he's not been starting the last 3 matches whilst young Trent has, now the first game I kind of understand that being about him only just returning form holidays but not all 3 when you look at for example Spurs who have been playing half the England team from the first match of the season.

I'm not sure what you are referring to with a preconceived judgement, I had no judgement of Henderson before he signed for us, he simply didn't register on my radar at all, since then he's done little to Wow me.

As I stated he is a decent squad player but he is far to limited in his abilities compared to the rest of the team. By the way please stop going on about England as if they had the best midfield in the tournament or something. In fact the one huge weakness of England was a lack of creativity in midfield and this stemmed in large part from Henderson, England with a better midfield could have won the tournament in my opinion.

Perhaps shouldn't get involved in your little debate, but I do think the reason Trent has started the first 3 games when Hendo hasn't is down to the fact Trent barely played at the WC, whereas Henderson played almost every minute (except the Belgium games). That coupled with the fact we are clearly very strong in midfield now means he's had to settle for the bench, for now. This is only a positive to me - we have some great options and no matter who's available I think we'll have a strong 3 man midfield throughout the season.

Even a amateur player will know how to press.

Hell we do that playing Sunday league.

Look Jimmy will get plenty of games this season against certain teams. But for the sake of fluidity and rythm of our attack I don’t think he is the best option in midfield.

Like I said previously imo what’s missing at the moment is a midfielder playing high up comfortable on the ball and linking up play.

Wouldn't necessarily disagree that pressing is obviously the least technical skill of the team, but I do think there's a massive difference between you and me pressing the oppo in our Sunday League run abouts, and the level of fitness and mental acuity required to effectively press a Premiership team into a mistake!

I would usually agree with you in thinking Milner is not in our "best" midfield, but he keeps on proving me and everyone else wrong so I've stopped!
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,050 posts | 3431 
      Reply #63: Aug 31, 2018 12:38:46 pm

Henderson played a damn sight more than AA at the world - AA played one game - Henderson played them all bar one and also had a few injuries last season so he will be eased back in - AA also came back to pre season early. Spurs are playing a lot of their players because they have a lack of depth - they have to play a lot of them. When Henderson is fully fit he will be back in - it was telling that when it came to the big games last season Henderson always started.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #64: Aug 31, 2018 12:39:30 pm

Same, but he needs to be more positive, but I will give him the benefit of the doubt as he is new to the role.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,050 posts | 3431 
      Reply #65: Aug 31, 2018 12:41:36 pm

If you don’t have a hotline then don’t post an opinion as fact

Klopp isn’t imo picking Gini over Henderson because he rates him higher- he is picking him because he had a full pre season and Henderson didn’t

Right now we have a great squad to pick from but I’ll bet me bottom dollar that come the big game Henderson will be starting - that to me speaks volumes
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #66: Aug 31, 2018 01:12:02 pm
      Klopp isn’t imo picking Gini over Henderson because he rates him higher- he is picking him because he had a full pre season and Henderson didn’t

Yeah, I have a feeling this is the case. I think we will see Henderson become our main 6 after the international break.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #67: Aug 31, 2018 01:13:17 pm
      Yeah, I have a feeling this is the case. I think we will see Henderson become our main 6 after the international break.

Will be Fabinho IMO. Reckon that’s when Klopp is looking to put him in there.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #68: Aug 31, 2018 01:15:56 pm
      Will be Fabinho IMO. Reckon that’s when Klopp is looking to put him in there.

I agree he is just getting him up to speed of the league and our tactics just like Robbo and Ox took time.

Quick Reply