Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Champions league group stage draw 2018/19

Read 17107 times
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Re: Champions league group stage draw 2018/19
      Reply #23: Aug 30, 2018 09:42:51 am
      F***ing hell, have a bit of confidence in the finalists from last season who blew all opposition out of the water up until a certain little Spanish real c**t judo chopped Mo.

That is why I would like to have the bas**rds in the same group.Retribution would be on the cards and the b***ard would not get away with it again.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #24: Aug 30, 2018 09:53:29 am
      That is why I would like to have the bas**rds in the same group.Retribution would be on the cards and the b***ard would not get away with it again.

Iā€™d like to think that we will top a group with them in, then going into the final game they need to beat us to finish 2nd but us stuff them and send them packing.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #25: Aug 30, 2018 09:53:58 am
      I don't want to face Real, I never want to face Real, I want the easiest draw we can get, and the best possible fixture list. So that would be the last ranked team in each pot and to start/finish at home. Away to Real, 3 days before we play the mancs, is not really what I'm looking for.

Don't know about that. Back to back 4-1 wins would be fun.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #26: Aug 30, 2018 10:15:25 am
      Quote from 7-King Kenny-7
      Shows the belief you have in the team then. We had Madrid and then the Mancs in 08/09 and we stuffed 4 past them both in the space of 3/4 days.
      Couldnā€™t care less about getting the so called ā€œeasiestā€ ties, we are more than capable of beating anyone.

We've played Real three times in the competition since then. Scored 1 goal and lost the lot. Still want them?

There's a massive difference between going to Real in mid December needing a result with 2-3 injuries/suspensions, and home to Viktoria Plzen in mid December with the group already won, making 5-6 player changes before Saturday's game against the mancs at 12.30.

They may be hypothetical scenarios, but they're all hypothetical scenarios until the draw is made and the fixture list is drawn up. If we have to play the toughest sides, then play them in the middle of the group when there's enough time to get a good start or enough time left to repair the damage. My preference is (as in any cup draw) to avoid the biggest sides as long as possible, so we can save having to go to Madrid until the final.
      « Last Edit: Aug 30, 2018 10:19:52 am by lfc across the water »
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 69 
      Reply #27: Aug 30, 2018 10:21:01 am
      I m not too worried about any team TBH. You've just got to beat who's in front of you. I think the rest of the teams are more worried about us than we are of them. I can't remember the the last time we got a favourable draw in any competition never mind the CL. Bring them on whoever we draw.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #28: Aug 30, 2018 10:32:07 am
      I m not too worried about any team TBH. You've just got to beat who's in front of you. I think the rest of the teams are more worried about us than we are of them. I can't remember the the last time we got a favourable draw in any competition never mind the CL. Bring them on whoever we draw.

In fairness we had a pretty easy group last year in the CL.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #29: Aug 30, 2018 10:33:07 am
      Those stories about rigged raws should indicate we will be getting them.

Yes the sticky balls or hot and cold balls will be out in force for Madrid and the Mancs come draw time!
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #30: Aug 30, 2018 11:15:37 am
      With the European group draws I always want a couple of tasty ties but being in a group you expect to get out of.

Last season we had the best possible group we could have wished for. This season I doubt we will be so lucky.

Lokomotiv are obviously the weakest from pot 1 and I'd expect us to beat them both home and away but to be honest I don't want them. Give us PSG. We're due a European tie against them and it'll be a good test. We will get a good understanding of where we're at.

From pot 2 I want a Portuguese side. Benfica will do.

We should be beating anyone from pot 4 and if we can't then we shouldn't really be in it anyway. F**k it, give us inter.

PSG
      Benfica
      LIVERPOOL
      Inter

Lovely group. One i expect to qualify from and some great games there
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #31: Aug 30, 2018 11:21:47 am
      Yes the sticky balls or hot and cold balls will be out in force for Madrid and the Mancs come draw time!

Come on SM not that old chestnut again.  :lmao:
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #32: Aug 30, 2018 11:39:00 am
      What time is draw, and is it on tv?

edit: 17:00 BST on BT sport or Uefa website (free).
      « Last Edit: Aug 30, 2018 11:45:11 am by PurpleMonkey »
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #33: Aug 30, 2018 11:46:02 am
      What time is draw, and is it on tv?

edit: 17:00 BST on BT sport or Uefa website (free).

19:00 UK time and Sky Sports I think

also remember the draw for next round of Carabo cup is at 17:00 today I think.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #34: Aug 30, 2018 11:48:20 am
      We've played Real three times in the competition since then. Scored 1 goal and lost the lot. Still want them?

And two of the games we went into as "Brendan Rodgers' Little Liverpool" Colin Pascoe and his daughter getting F***ing selfies in the tunnel with Ronaldo.

Safe to say those days are behind us and with this team yes I F***ing want them to dish a bit of retribution on them.

Stop acting like a shithouse.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #35: Aug 30, 2018 11:50:17 am
      19:00 UK time and Sky Sports I think

also remember the draw for next round of Carabo cup is at 17:00 today I think.

Wrong way round, Champions League draw is 5pm and Carabao Cup is 7pm ;)
      Mickred
      • Forum John Barnes

• 413 posts | 53 
      Reply #36: Aug 30, 2018 01:17:13 pm
      My choice would be;

Real (we owe them one), Benfica and Brugge.

CMON were on our way to Madrid.

YNWA
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #37: Aug 30, 2018 01:27:13 pm
      And two of the games we went into as "Brendan Rodgers' Little Liverpool" Colin Pascoe and his daughter getting f**king selfies in the tunnel with Ronaldo.

Safe to say those days are behind us and with this team yes I f**king want them to dish a bit of retribution on them.

Stop acting like a shithouse.

Couldnā€™t agree more, how F***ing good would it be to stick 5 past those cu*ts at Anfield. Whole place going mental, its what dreams are made of
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #38: Aug 30, 2018 02:03:18 pm

Yes because unlike you, I have every confidence in the team.
      Iā€™m also not going to give any thought to the shower of sh*t that Rodgers had playing against them 4 years ago have any baring on whether I want us to face them now or not.
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #39: Aug 30, 2018 02:05:46 pm
      We are so strong and deep, we ain't scared of nobody. Bring 'em on. In fact I count on some heavyweights for Shaq might be able there to convince Klopp he's better than what JĆ¼rgen starts with right now.
      lfc across the water
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #40: Aug 30, 2018 02:07:58 pm
      Quote from HUYTON RED
      Safe to say those days are behind us and with this team yes I F***ing want them to dish a bit of retribution on them.

It's not about retribution, it's about progression to the next round. Real will qualify for the knockout rounds, so whoever has to face Real, has one qualifying spot gone already. Ditto Barcelona, Bayern, Juventus, PSG. If we want to be in it after Christmas, the best chance of it is to have as easy a draw as possible. Then face the strongest teams later in the competition, when there's little or no alternative. We don't want to be like Spurs last year who beat Real at home but were gone before the quarter finals.

There's another cup draw today, and it's the same principle. If it's a choice between e.g. Stoke at home or e.g. Spurs away, then to me the choice is obvious.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #41: Aug 30, 2018 02:10:47 pm
      Wrong way round, Champions League draw is 5pm and Carabao Cup is 7pm ;)

ah ok, thanks :-)
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #42: Aug 30, 2018 02:13:08 pm
      It's not about retribution, it's about progression to the next round. Real will qualify for the knockout rounds, so whoever has to face Real, has one qualifying spot gone already. Ditto Barcelona, Bayern, Juventus, PSG. If we want to be in it after Christmas, the best chance of it is to have as easy a draw as possible. Then face the strongest teams later in the competition, when there's little or no alternative. We don't want to be like Spurs last year who beat Real at home but were gone before the quarter finals.

There's another cup draw today, and it's the same principle. If it's a choice between e.g. Stoke at home or e.g. Spurs away, then to me the choice is obvious.

I disagree, that CL final is probably still playing slightly in the minds of the players, what better way to erase that than to batter Real Madrid over 2 legs and hopefully knock them out of the CL, its called getting closure.
      lfc across the water
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #43: Aug 30, 2018 02:32:57 pm
      The only final we can erase is 1985, as it was not a normal game. Not that we'll be able to if we get Juventus, when all the old sores from it will be dragged up again.

The group phase is all about getting through, so we can leave the bigger nights against the strongest sides to the knockout rounds.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #44: Aug 30, 2018 02:59:24 pm
      The only final we can erase is 1985, as it was not a normal game. Not that we'll be able to if we get Juventus, when all the old sores from it will be dragged up again.

We already did that in 2005!!

Or does you hatred of everything Rafa mean that his whole time has been erased from your brain?

LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #45: Aug 30, 2018 03:34:57 pm

The group phase is all about getting through, so we can leave the bigger nights against the strongest sides to the knockout rounds.

What the F**k are you talking about mate

Quick Reply