Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Leicester?

Alisson
      3 (2.4%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      1 (0.8%)
      Joe Gomez
      77 (61.1%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      6 (4.8%)
      Andy Robertson
      16 (12.7%)
      James Milner
      5 (4%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      1 (0.8%)
      Jordan Henderson
      4 (3.2%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      9 (7.1%)
      Roberto Firmino
      3 (2.4%)
      Naby Keïta
      0 (0%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      1 (0.8%)

Total Members Voted: 124

Voting closed: Sep 05, 2018 02:22:44 pm

Leicester City 1-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 29888 times
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Re: Leicester City 1-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #483: Sep 01, 2018 08:49:57 pm
      The only thing that seems different between Allison and Karius at present is Allison's command of the area from crosses, corners etc... I am not saying we should not have bought Allison, He was needed, But rather I am saying we should have kept Karius too worked with him to rebuild his confidence and He could have learnt from Allison how to be more commanding in the area

The problem is expectations. People thought we were buying Pepe Reina, instead we bought Grobbelaar. Doing stupid sh*t like he did today is in his nature, and it isn't going away.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #484: Sep 01, 2018 08:52:18 pm
      Interesting that nobody blames Van Dijk for the horrendous backpass leading to the Alisson error.
      As someone here said that ball should have ended up in row Z when Allison got to it... Could have put it out for a throw in
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #485: Sep 01, 2018 08:52:49 pm
      It was not one mate, It was one he did not get away with... In truth I think that Ederson is a better goal keeper than Allison

That must be why Allison is the Brazilian No1 - you ever considered applying for the Brazilian coaching job!
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #486: Sep 01, 2018 08:57:42 pm
      The problem is expectations. People thought we were buying Pepe Reina, instead we bought Grobbelaar. Doing stupid sh*t like he did today is in his nature, and it isn't going away.
      ;D you are spot on there mate
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #487: Sep 01, 2018 08:59:53 pm
      As someone here said that ball should have ended up in row Z when Allison got to it... Could have put it out for a throw in

Some even blamed Hendo , ;D!
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #488: Sep 01, 2018 09:01:19 pm

That must be why Allison is the Brazilian No1 - you ever considered applying for the Brazilian coaching job!
      Come on, Remember Hart was the England no.1, It really means F**k all, just that at that moment you are playing the best and or the coach likes you. Would he be the No1 under another coach..??
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #489: Sep 01, 2018 09:03:17 pm
      Come on, Remember Hart was the England no.1, It really means f**k all, just that at that moment you are playing the best and or the coach likes you. Would he be the No1 under another coach..??

And who was better than Hart at the time?
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #490: Sep 01, 2018 09:03:58 pm

David James? :D
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #491: Sep 01, 2018 09:06:26 pm

Good old calamity James one of the greatest ever  :D

LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,581 posts | 3911 
      Reply #492: Sep 01, 2018 09:06:45 pm
      Is this team better than the one from last season? Because I have to tell you, I don't think so. When I look at all 4 games it's like our last season, just with more luck. More and more I regret not gettin Fekir and instead Alisson.

F**k off
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #493: Sep 01, 2018 09:08:19 pm
      Wow bickering and we are unbeaten in four games with four wins and just 1 goal against. You can always pick fault if that's your starting point and at times its necessary but so far we are 100% perfect and the reason we bought Alisson is because we didn't want a goalkeeper to bang it into row Z keeping possession or creating a quick counter attack is an essential quality in a goalkeeper now.

God knows what some would have made of Brucie.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #494: Sep 01, 2018 09:17:23 pm
      Just seen that Alisson mistake. F**k me it was awful, Sunday league sh*t.

Hopefully that’s the end of that.

You see, this is the thing. It can easily be eradicated. It is a risk he takes by choice. Once he jibs the risk taking off we have a goalie who is commanding, skilled, who can hold onto a ball and make not just the saves he's expected to make but saves that fly past a good 70 - 90% of other keepers playing at this level.

Migs and Karius just haven't got the raw goalkeeping ability that he has.
      « Last Edit: Sep 01, 2018 09:56:45 pm by what-a-hit-son »
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,873 posts | 2694 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #495: Sep 01, 2018 09:46:53 pm
      Is this team better than the one from last season? Because I have to tell you, I don't think so. When I look at all 4 games it's like our last season, just with more luck. More and more I regret not gettin Fekir and instead Alisson.

I take  it you've not watched many games judging by your comment.  :D Being fair your forward line still the same as last year, exciting to watch, clinical finishing and in Salah a player all fans craze for.

How on earth you cans say your defence/midfield not as good as last year I'm tottaly bemused by such comments.  :o Can you explain why??

Alisson obviously made big Rick today but massive improvement on the two muppets you had last year. He's not settled in as to how premier league football is played yet but Kopp with make sure he cuts that trate out as he's done it couple of times now but got away with last one. He's only going to get better that's for sure.

Keita looks like a beast, will get plenty of yellows but a player that Liverpool has been missing for some time now. VGD looking like the first player on your team sheet every game and absolute rock at the back, doesn't miss much in the air. Robertson who you bought for 8/10 million ( I think ) looks worth every bit of 40 million of what I've seen so far.

Klopp improved the way you play massively and no longer conceded ( so far ) many goals on set pieces. How can this be worse than last year?? Best start since 1990. You need to look at the stats lad if you think this isn't a improved side.  :roll:
      +10
      beardo number 7
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 343 posts | 96 
      Reply #496: Sep 01, 2018 09:53:48 pm
      If he lets in one goal every 4 games he’ll do for me 👍
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #497: Sep 01, 2018 09:59:47 pm
      I take  it you've not watched many games judging by your comment.  :D Being fair your forward line still the same as last year, exciting to watch, clinical finishing and in Salah a player all fans craze for.

How on earth you cans say your defence/midfield not as good as last year I'm tottaly bemused by such comments.  :o Can you explain why??

Alisson obviously made big Rick today but massive improvement on the two muppets you had last year. He's not settled in as to how premier league football is played yet but Kopp with make sure he cuts that trate out as he's done it couple of times now but got away with last one. He's only going to get better that's for sure.

Keita looks like a beast, will get plenty of yellows but a player that Liverpool has been missing for some time now. VGD looking like the first player on your team sheet every game and absolute rock at the back, doesn't miss much in the air. Robertson who you bought for 8/10 million ( I think ) looks worth every bit of 40 million of what I've seen so far.

Klopp improved the way you play massively and no longer conceded ( so far ) many goals on set pieces. How can this be worse than last year?? Best start since 1990. You need to look at the stats lad if you think this isn't a improved side.  :roll:

He's just a windup merchant. Off to place him on Ignore now.
      Harrisimo

• 8,180 posts | 1385 
      Reply #498: Sep 01, 2018 10:03:42 pm
      It was a bad pass back by Van Dijk but Allison should've dealt with it easily enough. No need to panic over this. In fact it's probably just as well he got nailed so early on in the season. If he doesn't catch on then its back to formula.

Gomez was so quick and he has been the big plus so far. TAA needs to step up but Leicester played great in the second half. Type of onslaught that we crumbled under in recent years but we stuck in there and got away with it.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #499: Sep 01, 2018 10:28:15 pm
      My point exactly.... Alisson my be the N0 1 for Brazil now, But who's to say He will be the N01 after the break or when a new manager steps in...??
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #500: Sep 01, 2018 10:32:14 pm
      You see, this is the thing. It can easily be eradicated. It is a risk he takes by choice. Once he jibs the risk taking off we have a goalie who is commanding, skilled, who can hold onto a ball and make not just the saves he's expected to make but saves that fly past a good 70 - 90% of other keepers playing at this level.

Migs and Karius just haven't got the raw goalkeeping ability that he has.
      Absolutely correct, but Klopp and his team mates needs to put a bug in his ear
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #501: Sep 01, 2018 10:34:12 pm
      If he lets in one goal every 4 games he’ll do for me 👍
      I'll presume you mean on goal that goes not cost us any points
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,290 posts | 1514 
      Reply #502: Sep 01, 2018 11:06:35 pm
      Was gonna give VvD MOTM based on the radio coverage I had. Having seen the game I’ve gone for Gomez. That block alone was worth it, but he had s terrific performance aside of that.
      Very poor in the middle of the park today, and service to the front Three reflected that.
      Pissed off with Alison’s cock up. Cost me a perfect in the prediction league.
      Would you believe it, I had us down for 1:2 then thought, nahhh, they don’t score, and changed it to 0:2
      Mehh .
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #503: Sep 01, 2018 11:26:01 pm

Thinking back to Grob he put the fear of christ up us in his first few seasons at L.F.C.I expect Alisson to save us more points than he will give away.Give Leicester their due they controlled the game in the second half and we allowed them to do it.Most importantly we got the 3 points and if we win every match by the skin of our balls that will do me.I was ready to make Alisson my M.O.M till he made that gigantic F**k up.
      « Last Edit: Sep 01, 2018 11:45:17 pm by Billy1 »
      Scottbot

• 9,597 posts | 2155 
      Reply #504: Sep 01, 2018 11:39:43 pm

Insightful stuff.

I don't think he'll do it again. The EPL is no Serie A.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,924 posts | 283 
      Reply #505: Sep 01, 2018 11:53:52 pm
      Seriously what the f**k with some of the comment on here. Yes Alisson f*cks about with the ball too much with his feet and needs to learn about the pace of the premier league, but;
      a) he actually has a touch and can handle close ball control
      b) his distribution is top drawer
      c) he's already made some result saving saves
      d) he's miles above the big sacks of wind we had in place before him

Those slating him after 1 mistake  can go suck their own todgers. He made 0 unforced errors last season screwing about just as regularly. He will learn with time that he cant play it too risky in the most demanding league on the planet.

Quick Reply