Trending Topics

Next match: Tranmere v LFC [Friendly] Thu 11th Jul @ 7:30 pm
      Prenton Park

Today is the 15th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

Pre-Match: Tottenham Hotspur V Liverpool (15/09/18 - 12:30)

Read 4912 times
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,808 posts | 65 
      Re: Pre-Match: Tottenham Hotspur V Liverpool (15/09/18 - 12:30)
      Reply #75: Sep 13, 2018 03:43:04 pm
      Just F***in win
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,914 posts | 1956 
      Reply #76: Sep 13, 2018 03:45:00 pm
      Alli and Lloris are out for this weekend.

I reckon that forces them to play, Son.  Moura, Kane and Son up top? It's gonna be a hell of a match!
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,620 posts | 1843 
      Reply #77: Sep 13, 2018 04:08:33 pm
      F**k sake just remembered I fly out on my honeymoon at 1.35 on Saturday afternoon, going to be a long 5 hours not knowing the final result.

Hopefully you'll have other things to distract you ;-)
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,802 posts | 1951 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #78: Sep 13, 2018 04:45:48 pm
      I reckon that forces them to play, Son.  Moura, Kane and Son up top? It's gonna be a hell of a match!

Lloris is definitely out, Alli I think is too. Poch confirmed it.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,954 posts | 2508 
      Reply #79: Sep 13, 2018 05:33:16 pm
      Imagine Henderson suddenly turns into a Gerrard type player and ploughs one of these into the back of the net at Wembley

https://twitter.com/futbolbible/status/1039567416496402437?s=21

That is right out of Stevie's exocet collection.
      LondonRed83

• 9,349 posts | 1290 
      Reply #80: Sep 13, 2018 08:44:20 pm
      That is right out of Stevie's exocet collection.

I’ve genuinely never seen a ball hit sweeter on such a consistent basis than Stevie G.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 379 
      Reply #81: Sep 13, 2018 08:54:14 pm
      Agreed, I see this as the toughest prem fixture for us (plus Chelsea away).

No disre...but the day Klopp goes into these games looking for a draw is the day I will lose faith in him. As it happens I don't think he looks at it that way. He is an attacking coach, not reckless but he'll go for 3 points.

The way to win the Premier League is to attack. Fergie did just that year in year out. Pep does the same. He knows it's about how good your attack is, get that right and your in with a chance. If our top 3 don't hit the heights the way they did last season we have a chance...if they don't...we won't.
      LondonRed83

• 9,349 posts | 1290 
      Reply #82: Sep 13, 2018 09:01:55 pm
      No disre...but the day Klopp goes into these games looking for a draw is the day I will lose faith in him. As it happens I don't think he looks at it that way. He is an attacking coach, not reckless but he'll go for 3 points.

The way to win the Premier League is to attack. Fergie did just that year in year out. Pep does the same. He knows it's about how good your attack is, get that right and your in with a chance. If our top 3 don't hit the heights the way they did last season we have a chance...if they don't...we won't.

Mate, who the f**k is saying he’s going to go into the game with a plan to draw?! Nobody!!!!

Doesn’t mean a draw won’t be a good outcome.

Sh*t comment
      GERNS

• 7,179 posts | 497 
      Reply #83: Sep 13, 2018 09:20:04 pm
      I think our high press hasn’t been what it was. Could be Klopps adopted a slightly different approach. I personally hope not.
      We put that on spurs and we’ll batter them. We sit off them a bit, and it will become a midfield battle.
      We’ve got the armoury to beat these, just gotta be brave and go for it.
      More like we did against City and the Arse last season. With our improved defence, we can afford to be a little more daring, and we’ve got a better midfield and bench.
      What’s to worry about ?
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 26,647 posts | 3585 
      Reply #84: Sep 13, 2018 10:29:28 pm
      F**k sake just remembered I fly out on my honeymoon at 1.35 on Saturday afternoon, going to be a long 5 hours not knowing the final result.

you are talking about the football aren't you?
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 379 
      Reply #85: Sep 13, 2018 11:26:02 pm
      Mate, who the f**k is saying he’s going to go into the game with a plan to draw?! Nobody!!!!

Doesn’t mean a draw won’t be a good outcome.

Sh*t comment

No but you agreed with "settling for a point"...and I did say no disrespect didn't I. A few others said they would settle for a draw so if I post commenting on Klopp's attacking stance and that I don't think he'll start out with the " settling for a point"...it's a legit post...a fair comment.

Away games against the top 4/5 are obviously important games and can be a barometer of this seasons progress, so with that thought in mind I think any remarks on how we approach the games are within boundaries.
      jimbo1962
      • Forum David Johnson

• 234 posts | 34 
      Reply #86: Sep 14, 2018 08:06:09 am

spoken like a true bloke.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 6,279 posts | 1907 
      • From Doubters to Believers
      Reply #87: Sep 14, 2018 09:35:01 am
      Jürgen has a bit of a head scratch for this i reckon, who to play as the mid three, Fabinho is ready i believe but whether Jürgen risks him for his debut in such a high end game remains to be seen,

He 'totally' trusts Hendo so it looks like he could get the nod ahead of the Brazilian, so who then does he put in front of his General, 
      ppl say that Hendo & Milner imbalances the side, but I'm not so sure, and we've seen how well Gini has been so far this season, so could that be the trio we see against Spuds ?

It is rumoured that Ali could be out which weakens their central area quite considerably, If so, would Keita be a better option since he can both defend and attack in  instant,

Personally i think chucking Fabinho in in such a match is too early for him, he'll probably start against Saints, as Ali was rested mid week i think the rumours are just that and will play, so i reckon we'll go this....

Alisson
              Trent Gomez Virgil Robertson
                                Henderson
                    Milner                 Wijnaldom
                 Salah        Firmino       Mane

Bench; Mignolet, Clyne, Fabinho, Keita, Sturridge,  Shakiri, Klavan

Biggest test so far this season, they had a field day last season but we are a different animal from then, its going to be a cracker and i see us getting the better of them and absolutely nailing our colours to the mast.

1 - 3 Redmen,  Champions Elect !!

YNWA
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,767 posts | 492 
      Reply #88: Sep 14, 2018 11:45:09 am

:lmao: :lmao:
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 23,786 posts | 3418 
      Reply #89: Sep 14, 2018 01:47:54 pm

Woof :D
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,620 posts | 1843 
      Reply #90: Sep 14, 2018 01:50:52 pm
      Jürgen has a bit of a head scratch for this i reckon, who to play as the mid three, Fabinho is ready i believe but whether Jürgen risks him for his debut in such a high end game remains to be seen,

He 'totally' trusts Hendo so it looks like he could get the nod ahead of the Brazilian, so who then does he put in front of his General, 
      ppl say that Hendo & Milner imbalances the side, but I'm not so sure, and we've seen how well Gini has been so far this season, so could that be the trio we see against Spuds ?

It is rumoured that Ali could be out which weakens their central area quite considerably, If so, would Keita be a better option since he can both defend and attack in  instant,

Personally i think chucking Fabinho in in such a match is too early for him, he'll probably start against Saints, as Ali was rested mid week i think the rumours are just that and will play, so i reckon we'll go this....

Alisson
              Trent Gomez Virgil Robertson
                                Henderson
                    Milner                 Wijnaldom
                 Salah        Firmino       Mane

Bench; Mignolet, Clyne, Fabinho, Keita, Sturridge,  Shakiri, Klavan

Biggest test so far this season, they had a field day last season but we are a different animal from then, its going to be a cracker and i see us getting the better of them and absolutely nailing our colours to the mast.

1 - 3 Redmen,  Champions Elect !!

YNWA

I don't have stats to hand but I'm willing to bet that we are far less effective in midfield when we start both Henderson and Milner together, I can certainly recall far more games where we had a sh*t game with those 2 both playing in midfield compared to ones where I have thought, wow those two together completely bossed that midfield and created countless chances going forwards. Each one on their own is fine but they have to have creative players around them otherwise they sort of cancel each other out.

I'd go with the same midfield as our first three games, ie Wijnaldum, Milner and Keita.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 26,647 posts | 3585 
      Reply #91: Sep 14, 2018 01:56:14 pm
      I hate games following International Break. Lets be positive and believe they had their luck last year both at Wembley and at Anfield.
      Tomorrow we can put them back in their box.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,802 posts | 1951 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #92: Sep 14, 2018 04:38:55 pm
      What a game this is. If we win, it will give us huge push. I won't be home to prepare the live thread but Danzel is doing a good job too.

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,355 posts | 3602 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #93: Sep 14, 2018 04:45:18 pm
      What a game this is. If we win, it will give us huge push. I won't be home to prepare the live thread but Danzel is doing a good job too.

Is right, we win this and to be 6 points head of them already would be massive.

This is an intense run of games we’ve got coming up and this game could be what defines how it goes. Get the win and we enter it with even more confidence, momentum and belief. Lose it and will be a hit to the confidence, something we can’t afford to happen right now. Crucial, crucial games and arguably one of the biggest and most testing times of the season. If all goes well we could potentially be 6 ahead of Spurs, Mancs and Arsenal, 5 ahead of City and 3 ahead of Chelsea.

Each game becomes more and more important and we owe Spurs a twatting after last season.
      I’d love us to play them off the park and get a convincing win but ultimately I don’t care if that happens or if we scrape it like vs Brighton and Leicester, just as long as we come away with the 3 points.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 6,279 posts | 1907 
      • From Doubters to Believers
      Reply #94: Sep 14, 2018 07:15:36 pm
      I don't have stats to hand but I'm willing to bet that we are far less effective in midfield when we start both Henderson and Milner together, I can certainly recall far more games where we had a sh*t game with those 2 both playing in midfield compared to ones where I have thought, wow those two together completely bossed that midfield and created countless chances going forwards. Each one on their own is fine but they have to have creative players around them otherwise they sort of cancel each other out.

I'd go with the same midfield as our first three games, ie Wijnaldum, Milner and Keita.

Understand what your saying buddy, i think it will depend if Ali makes it or not, he's pivotal to them what with his understanding with Kane, if he's out I'd go with Milner, Gini & Naby, if Ali plays we need to combat their mids and i just feel having both Henderson & Milner we will be stronger in that area.

YNWA
      PurpleMonkey

• 9,914 posts | 1956 
      Reply #95: Sep 14, 2018 07:34:51 pm

Understand what your saying buddy, i think it will depend if Ali makes it or not, he's pivotal to them what with his understanding with Kane, if he's out I'd go with Milner, Gini & Naby, if Ali plays we need to combat their mids and i just feel having both Henderson & Milner we will be stronger in that area.

YNWA

I agree with what you are saying about Alli, but I feel they might be more balanced without him as they would be forced to play another natural wide player/inside forward in, Son or Lamela. Also, I reckon Eriksen is their key player that links everything up, and would be afar lesser team without him. I'd rather be facing Spurs without Eriksen than Alli.
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,744 posts | 256 
      Reply #96: Sep 14, 2018 09:56:28 pm
      Ummmm. Not ever confident after the ruddy international break. Why the fuuuk do we have intenationals anyway.

head says 1-1, heart says 1-2. YNWA. Do us proud redmen.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,635 posts | 1118 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #97: Sep 14, 2018 10:17:00 pm
      Bad day last season in this fixture. But tomorrow no Ali no Loris no Mignolet no Lovern no Can from that game..different outcome
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,933 posts | 814 
      • YNWA
      Reply #98: Sep 14, 2018 10:34:39 pm
      Good side Spuds, expecting close match, after Intl break and us not quite moving thro our top gears.
      Bob has been quiet enough so far, as has Mo - but Jürgen is slow to change the starting XI, so don't expect changes.
      Lot of talk about Hendo and his form - but I'd expect him to start. Likely Milly and Gini too.
      How good is it to feel so strong at the back, what a platform the lads in the middle and front have now.
      Would be a big statement to beat Spuds, after them squashing Utd, and being at home.
      Looking forward to the match.
      COYRs!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,517 posts | 3138 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #99: Sep 15, 2018 12:32:46 am
      This is gonna be a cracker but a cracker of a game we are gonna come away with all 3 points from.

Quick Reply