Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Re Visit to the Twisted Wheel

Read 3433 times
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Re Visit to the Twisted Wheel
      Sep 13, 2018 10:28:36 am
      Had a great day out to the Twisted Wheel, on Sunday in Manchester. Catching the train from Rhyl, visiting a few pubs including a meal at Wetherspoons. The atmosphere still friendly as ever, with Northern soul music, being played from 3pm until 8pm on the second and last Sunday of the month. Although I have never visited the original club, I think this is well worth a visit for any Northern soul fan. Myself and four of my mates all in our sixties, look forward to the occasion.

The only downside having to change trains at Chester on the way home, I left my railcard on the seat, fortunately with the train in the siding, I was able to jump back on retrieve my railcard, only to find that I had been, locked in the train!!. Although eventually being eventually released, only to find my mates, after a frantic search boarded the Rhyl train leaving me behind ! I at least caught a later train, but what a day out !
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Re: Re Visit to the Twisted Wheel
      Reply #1: Sep 13, 2018 09:20:09 pm
      I don't mind the odd northern soul song not the dancing mind!

Quick Reply