Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Spurs?

Alisson
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      5 (3.7%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      17 (12.7%)
      Andy Robertson
      5 (3.7%)
      James Milner
      61 (45.5%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      26 (19.4%)
      Naby Keïta
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      4 (3%)
      Roberto Firmino
      16 (11.9%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      0 (0%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 132

Voting closed: Sep 19, 2018 02:23:18 pm

Tottenham Hotspur 1-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 24150 times
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Re: Tottenham Hotspur 1-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #299: Sep 15, 2018 09:10:35 pm
      Tbh, he is only overrated by the English media. I think everyone else knows he is sh*t.

Everyone except Southgate. Uncle Woy played him against Iceland when he was half fit instead of Henderson. They played like they want to still be on the beach. Some think Kane should be given a fortnight off. But in a World cup year you have to bring in fresh legs and ideas. Top players like to see top talent coming in, hacks them off if nothing happens. Narks the fans as well.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #300: Sep 15, 2018 09:15:04 pm
      The spurs Glory-Glory site is pretty fed up with Dier in particular. They've all twigged he's vastly overrated. Said as much myself. They call us Pool...one even calls us..The Badgers.

Massive whinge, predictably about no new signings. Most think we beat them without getting out of second gear. They are right.Won't get such an easy game against any of the other so called contenders. I expected them to come out in the second half fired up but they came out flat as flatty flatman..

Spurs are similar to us in that they aren't far away from a serious title challenge but they just need to upgrade on a couple of players first.

Dier is definitely one of those. They're a proper CM away from being genuine contenders.
      Harrisimo

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #301: Sep 15, 2018 09:30:37 pm
      Spurs are similar to us in that they aren't far away from a serious title challenge but they just need to upgrade on a couple of players first.

Dier is definitely one of those. They're a proper CM away from being genuine contenders.

They can be good when they go on a run and Kane and Eriksen start firing but they are lacking serious back up. Deli the Diver is another one who is overrated, not as much as Dier. Lucas looks half decent but runs out of steam if the rest are off blob. May be the delay with the new stadium has burst the bubble a bit. Certainly looked as if they could do with a lift. Poch said the Watford defeat was " a wake up call".....may be they still had sleep in their eyes with the early kick off...whatever it was it was a shoo in for us....cheers Pochy..
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #302: Sep 15, 2018 09:31:10 pm

I agree, they are lacking that exceptional 6. Imagine if they bought Fabinho :)
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #303: Sep 15, 2018 09:33:06 pm
      Absolutely smashed them there - agree with most saying Milner, Van Dijk and Gini were the standout performers.

We're 5 from 5 without the front three clicking like they did last year. Imagine when they do.

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #304: Sep 15, 2018 10:24:23 pm
      just about to watch MOTD so prepared for the "Spurs were unlucky " bit.
      Think Mane will have to have a chat with Jürgen as he could have put Salah in at least twice and didn't.
      If we can make Spurs look ordinary whilst not playing that well I'll take that for sure.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #305: Sep 15, 2018 10:32:05 pm
      Re-watching the game again and 70  mins into it, f**k me; Robertson hardly got a mention today, but what an exceptional performance so far!!! Oh, and I can see why some voted VVD as MOTM, what a f**king monster.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #306: Sep 15, 2018 10:33:02 pm
      Brilliant result against a decent Tottenham team who have become a pain to play against these last couple of seasons...not today.
      Made me laugh when all the co-comentators were saying at the final whistle, as they slumped off down the tunnel, heads down, what a good result it was for Liverpool against a below par Spurs.. :lmao:
      F**k all wrong with that Tottenham side today, we made them look sh*t and don't get me started on how sh*t Kane was.
      They'd have been better playing Son from the start. but dya know what. I couldn't care less ;D

Hope Bobby recovers okay, that could've been a lot worse ! Nasty.
      I'm sure he's got an eye on Tuesday though :f_whistle: ;D

Our back four were awesome, again.

Midfield ran their socks off and the closing down in the final 10 minutes was brilliant.

Good to Studge on the pitch getting a run out and If Mo had've squared it to him towards the end when it was 3 against 2 he could've got himself on the score sheet. Jürgen went nutz with Mo for that  ;D

Could of and should of been 5 or 6 nil today if our front three had've had their shooting boots on.

9 points from our first three away games, Palace, Leicester and now Spurs.. games we would've struggled with these last couple of years.

That's positive progression.

:scarf:
      Harrisimo

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #307: Sep 15, 2018 11:02:40 pm
      Joe Gomez.

What a start he has made this season. Is there a quicker defender over 5 yards. He is lightening quick and has made some world class last ditch tackles. So much calm assurance in there for a young defender just 21. Can't get carried away like some comparing him to the likes of Ferdinand and Bobby Moore. But any judge will say he's going to be a World class defender.

Klopp has cleverly kept quiet and not sang his praises but bet yer life Klopp likes what he sees. Just as well Joe got a place this season as his time has come, if it had slipped by we could have lost him. But thankfully he's here to stay....for a very long time.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #308: Sep 15, 2018 11:28:17 pm
      The back 5 carrying the front 3 so far.

Who would have thought that where we are concerned?

I really like that defensive lineup of ours. I hope the front 3 start working together a little better in the games ahead now. We've been functional so far and we are in a very strong position in the table so far.

Now we must start putting teams to bed and take some pressure of the defence. We've been wasteful at times this season and I'd love to see the ruthlessness of last season return.

Perfect start so far though!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #309: Sep 15, 2018 11:52:42 pm
      Based on the MOTM voting I'm convinced most posters just listen to some plank like Gary Neville nominate someone before making their nomination.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #310: Sep 16, 2018 12:36:00 am
      Based on the MOTM voting I'm convinced most posters just listen to some plank like Gary Neville nominate someone before making their nomination.
      I voted for Bobby.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #311: Sep 16, 2018 12:39:33 am
      You don't rate Milner, I know that.. but discrediting the majority opinion is ridiculous. People made their choice so get over it.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #312: Sep 16, 2018 12:41:45 am

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #313: Sep 16, 2018 12:44:24 am
      F***ing hell Liverpool.

When I say I love you for your flaws...

Know what though, FMS? Don't you just love that we haven't been beat yet and haven't even got F***ing started doing we do yet?
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #314: Sep 16, 2018 12:48:10 am

I think you are usually spot on and agree with you for the majority of your posts,  but today, I have to disagree and follow the herd! Sorry!!

However, I can see where you and Scottbot are coming from with Mane, a lot of his off the ball work went unnoticed, didn't it? I just felt he could have done a lot better on the ball, but maybe I need a 3rd viewing?
      « Last Edit: Sep 16, 2018 12:53:47 am by PurpleMonkey »
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #315: Sep 16, 2018 01:06:18 am
      Milner was exceptional today and he gave a proper leader/captain type performance. It's one of the things we've been missing since Stevie called it a day, just somebody to grab the game by the scruff of the neck and win the midfield battle.

It wasn't long ago we were discussing how this team had zero leaders and now we find them all over the pitch and Milner is certainly one of them. Now it's a difference of opinion of course but I don't feel Henderson is fit to wear the armband, Milner is though in my opinion because of his performances like today. No shying away, no hiding behind other players. Standing up, being counted and being the best player on the F***ing pitch.

Ignoring the fact he gave a motm display just because you don't usually rate him or because Gary Neville said it too is just insane.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #316: Sep 16, 2018 01:27:22 am
      Get the F**k in!!!

A massive win that will do wonders for our confidence.

5 from 5, great start to the season and scarily for the rest of the Teams out there, Mo Salah hasn't even got out of first gear yet.

Roll on the Season and I know we have our feeder Club next but I can't wait to rip Chelsea a new one in 2 weeks.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #317: Sep 16, 2018 02:19:27 am
      Was it Gomez that missed his header on their goal? Then Lamela being completely unmarked at the back post wasn’t good.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #318: Sep 16, 2018 04:43:31 am
      Anyone concerned about mane and salah’s current lack of form...
      5 wins out of 5 without our two wide attackers being fully firing.
      Great signs in my eyes
      It shows that there is room for improvement and we aren’t currently overly reliant upon their massive ability.
      Would be more worried weirdly if we were hitting top form and individual performance this early in the season
      We aren’t.
      We are doing great.
      One step at a time 
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #319: Sep 16, 2018 06:16:51 am
      As much as we know how good Naby is, I think he really need game time with Mo and Sadio to help them reach their top form. Also IMO that's reason Klopp still wait to put Fabinho into this team. If it's OX instead of Naby this game could be much more explosive scoring for our front three as Spurs look already struggle to resist our attacking force.
      « Last Edit: Sep 16, 2018 06:30:03 am by skolRED »
      Fan 86
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 760 posts | 38 
      Reply #320: Sep 16, 2018 06:35:14 am
      Great signs in my eyes
      It shows that there is room for improvement and we aren’t currently overly reliant upon their massive ability.
      Would be more worried weirdly if we were hitting top form and individual performance this early in the season
      We aren’t.
      We are doing great.
      One step at a time 

My thoughts exactly, great post. Like the fact we will soon hit top form. Trouble with having a great squad is a hangover from internationals etc. Looking forward to the schedule ahead. Glass half full type of fella me. We are in a really good place.

Great signs in my eyes
      We aren’t.
      We are doing great.
      One step at a time 

Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #321: Sep 16, 2018 08:33:34 am
      Great signs in my eyes
      We aren’t.
      We are doing great.
      One step at a time 

I would not be too worried about Salah's lack of form,while the opposition concentrate on Mo it leaves openings for the mid fielders.Mo will come back with a bang and put 4 or 5 in the back of an opposition net.
      Back to Spurs it was a well deserved win and kept our season track,well done REDS.

Quick Reply