Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Spurs?

Alisson
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      5 (3.7%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      17 (12.7%)
      Andy Robertson
      5 (3.7%)
      James Milner
      61 (45.5%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      26 (19.4%)
      Naby Keïta
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      4 (3%)
      Roberto Firmino
      16 (11.9%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      0 (0%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 132

Voting closed: Sep 19, 2018 02:23:18 pm

Tottenham Hotspur 1-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 24151 times
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Re: Tottenham Hotspur 1-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #368: Sep 17, 2018 11:42:36 am
      Box holder get it right..... :)

Not sure what this is supposed to mean.

My season ticket is in the upper centenary though.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #369: Sep 17, 2018 11:46:06 am
      And therein lies the nub of the problem posters on here have with Hendo. Constantly comparing Henderson to Gerrard. Pointless me going on about...truth is posters like you just do not know what your talking about..

I've never compared henderson to Gerrard in terms of footballing ability. We probably won't see another Gerrard in our lifetime, he was one in a million.

But I have compared Henderson to Gerrard when it comes to being a captain - which is fair, isn't it?

I've said it before and I'll say it again, nobody is expecting jordan Henderson to be Steven Gerrard.

James Milner isn't Steven Gerrard. He isn't anywhere close to being Steven Gerrard. But James Milner is fit to wear that armband. Go up a few posts and read my comments about him. For me, he is first name on the team sheet at the moment.

Henderson and Milner have about as much ability as each other. There's little to separate them. But one continues to give motm performances and one is a passenger who isn't good enough to start for or captain this club.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #370: Sep 17, 2018 12:10:27 pm

All I said was at the time Robertson was signed you can't blame fans for being underwhelmed because the position was so important.

Some low fee transfers work out and occasionally a gem is found. That's what's happened with Robertson. But they are extremely rare and they don't come across often.

No need to get abusive once again. You just look silly to be honest.

Well, yes I can and will slate "fans" who start bitching about a player based solely on price when they've never seen them play.

It's not just Robertson either.
      We constantly see idiots moaning because another team has spent more.

Once again, as you don't seem to be able to grasp this; it's not about the price, it's about how the player fits into the team and the managers plans.

Also, as you don't seem to able to grasp this either; slagging off Henderson and thinking your opinion overrides the manager, and that you know better isn't "edgy" it's pure stupidity, because Klopp has forgotten more about football than any on here will ever know.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #371: Sep 17, 2018 12:11:35 pm
      I think it's naive to think signings like Robertson are easy to find and that a football club doesn't necessarily have to invest money to compete.

If that was true, why don't Bournemouth win the league then?

Which would be fine if anyone had actually said that.
      They didn't.

It's just you making sh*t up again.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #372: Sep 17, 2018 12:37:59 pm
      Which would be fine if anyone had actually said that.
      They didn't.

It's just you making sh*t up again.

You called people thick cu*ts for not being over the moon for signing an unknown and inexperienced kid in a position we had struggled with for ten years. Nobody really expected Robertson to reach the heights he has. He's been an excellent signing but as I said, they dont come around often and they are very rare to find.

'Making sh*t up again'. Me? You said something about me moaning about not spending money like city or Chelsea. Something I've never, ever said.

lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #373: Sep 17, 2018 01:07:13 pm
      People questioned Klopp for buying Salah and the Ox, nobody questions him about it now. They also questioned him over signing Robbo. Robbo was an established international when he came here, and it was clear even from his debut against Palace, that he was the perfect fit for the role and a bargain. Not everyone who comes here for next to nothing is the next Solanke.

Quote from The Real Donavan Ried
      Last season I felt that Mane  was a bit perturbed about the amount of success that Salah was having, and at times it was like he did not want to pass to him. To me that is even more evident now, it is as if he (Mane) looks more for Keita than who is in the better position to receive the ball, and it seems as if he wants to be seen as the top goal scorer.

After last year's result there, the above is a nice "problem" to have.

Mane, like everyone else, doesn't care who scores, as long as we score. If he sees a teammate better positioned, he will find him. It's a team game.

The first thing that went in our favour came about 6 weeks ago, with the news that we wouldn't have to play it at their new stadium. The second thing, was their injury crisis. It made our job much easier than it looked when they tried everything possible to make us be the first team to face them in their new stadium, with all the pomp ceremony and media promotion to go with it. That is somebody else's problem now.

The strike force may not be firing on full cylinders yet, but we've still scored 2 more goals, conceded 7 less, and have 7 more points than at the same stage last season. We've won 9 games in a row now. Big teams, weak teams, bus parkers, long ballers, major rivals, we have an answer for them all atm. People will say I'm getting ahead of myself, I probably am, but I genuinely haven't seen this level of determination in the club to win the league since 87-88, when we had a few scores to settle after the disappointments of the previous season.

But I also know that when we do drop the ball the next time, there will be another 200 posts to add to the match thread in question. They were all ready to go if that injury time decision went the other way. But it went our way, and all that spam had to be saved for another day.

In the meantime, we're back to winning at Wembley, for the first time in 6 years. It took a while, but it was well worth the wait.
      Ebieahi
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | 45 
      Reply #374: Sep 17, 2018 01:17:17 pm
      Well we really started very brightly and i think because of it, we managed to put some doubt into the Spurs players.
      I thought for them Dier and Trippier were both terrible, Eriksen and Kane were largely anonymous and they lacked the midfield control and tempo which usually makes them look good.
      For this reason i think our midfield came out tops and is why you can see Milner leading the motm polls. I voted for Gini coz i thought his positioning was spot on and he kept our play moving nicely. His goal was just rewards for the start of the season that he has enjoyed and i believe that in this setup he is the right no.6 with Milner and Keita around him.

Defensively we were sharp again and even though our front 3 were not their fluid best, they still created alot of opportunities. I hope that in the games to come, they become alot more clinical.
      5 down 33 more to go!
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #375: Sep 17, 2018 01:22:24 pm
      You called people thick cu*ts for not being over the moon for signing an unknown and inexperienced kid in a position we had struggled with for ten years. Nobody really expected Robertson to reach the heights he has. He's been an excellent signing but as I said, they dont come around often and they are very rare to find.

'Making sh*t up again'. Me? You said something about me moaning about not spending money like city or Chelsea. Something I've never, ever said.

No, I called people thick cu*ts for judging a player before he'd even kicked a F***ing ball, and what's worse, the same thick cu*ts knew that Klopp eases players into the first team, but guess what? They used that as an excuse to slate the lad as well, and all before he'd even kicked a F***ing ball for us.

You really do seem to have a reading comprehension problem.

Mickred
      • Forum John Barnes

• 413 posts | 53 
      Reply #376: Sep 17, 2018 01:26:28 pm
      best performance so far this season.  I cannot wait until the front 3 click.  Some poor decisions made, we really should have had 5 or 6.

Still i will take what we have and on to the champions league.

YNWA
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #377: Sep 17, 2018 01:37:52 pm
      Not sure what this is supposed to mean.

My season ticket is in the upper centenary though.

Chill mate I thought he was talking about Swab and its a semi public joke about him having a box there, just my idea of lightening the mood!
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #378: Sep 17, 2018 01:41:06 pm
      Chill mate I thought he was talking about Swab and its a semi public joke about him having a box there, just my idea of lightening the mood!

Told you mate, I don't have a box and never did.
      Me and a group I belong to rented one occasionally, but I lost my spot and haven't done it for a while as a result.
      Hopefully, I get my spot back at some point, although I heard it's a lot harder to book one these days, and there's waiting lists for some.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #379: Sep 17, 2018 01:46:45 pm

:D sorry mate I thought you were talking about me and I was confused haha!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #380: Sep 17, 2018 02:02:58 pm
      I've never compared henderson to Gerrard in terms of footballing ability. We probably won't see another Gerrard in our lifetime, he was one in a million.

But I have compared Henderson to Gerrard when it comes to being a captain - which is fair, isn't it?

I've said it before and I'll say it again, nobody is expecting jordan Henderson to be Steven Gerrard.

James Milner isn't Steven Gerrard. He isn't anywhere close to being Steven Gerrard. But James Milner is fit to wear that armband. Go up a few posts and read my comments about him. For me, he is first name on the team sheet at the moment.

Henderson and Milner have about as much ability as each other. There's little to separate them. But one continues to give motm performances and one is a passenger who isn't good enough to start for or captain this club.

I agree about Milner, he should have the captain's armband or VVD, they are real leaders.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #381: Sep 17, 2018 03:38:53 pm
      No, I called people thick cu*ts for judging a player before he'd even kicked a f**king ball, and what's worse, the same thick cu*ts knew that Klopp eases players into the first team, but guess what? They used that as an excuse to slate the lad as well, and all before he'd even kicked a f**king ball for us.

You really do seem to have a reading comprehension problem.

That's not what you said though. You've twisted what you said or elaborated on it and then say people have reading problems.

You said people criticised the Robertson signing because we didn't splash the cash on him. My reply was that you can't blame people for being underwhelmed at the time. Left back was a serious issue for us, it was probably our main priority at the time, and we signed an unproven, inexperienced kid from a relegated club. Not something to get massively excited about was it?

Look at the way we've dealt with the GK and CB positions. No messing around, just going out and signing proper players where there's no doubt or concern about them. We signed them for big money so they would instantly improve our defence and that they have. That's what people wanted for the LB position too, can you really blame them?

It turns out that Robertson has been an excellent signing but as I keep repeating, those type of signings are extremely rare otherwise any old team would win the league.

Name me a first 11 full of players that the top 6 have signed from relegated/lower league clubs for small fees, that could potentially compete for the title. The only two I can think of is dele and Robertson. That's how rare those type of signings are which is what I'm saying.

No need to get in a little nark about it all. No need to name call or swear your head off is there? I only said that at the time you couldn't blame people for being a little bit disappointed.

Instead of telling people they have reading problems maybe you should focus on your anger issues mate.

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #382: Sep 17, 2018 03:45:33 pm
      That's not what you said though. You've twisted what you said or elaborated on it and then say people have reading problems.

You said people criticised the Robertson signing because we didn't splash the cash on him. My reply was that you can't blame people for being underwhelmed at the time. Left back was a serious issue for us, it was probably our main priority at the time, and we signed an unproven, inexperienced kid from a relegated club. Not something to get massively excited about was it?

Look at the way we've dealt with the GK and CB positions. No messing around, just going out and signing proper players where there's no doubt or concern about them. We signed them for big money so they would instantly improve our defence and that they have. That's what people wanted for the LB position too, can you really blame them?

It turns out that Robertson has been an excellent signing but as I keep repeating, those type of signings are extremely rare otherwise any old team would win the league.

Name me a first 11 full of players that the top 6 have signed from relegated/lower league clubs for small fees, that could potentially compete for the title. The only two I can think of is dele and Robertson. That's how rare those type of signings are which is what I'm saying.

No need to get in a little nark about it all. No need to name call or swear your head off is there? I only said that at the time you couldn't blame people for being a little bit disappointed.

Instead of telling people they have reading problems maybe you should focus on your anger issues mate.

That's exactly what I F***ing said.

As ever, you're so F***ing egotistical, you think everything is aimed at you, so you're having another tantrum.

And as usual, you completely miss the point to try and start a barney because you got your knickers in a twist.

I swear like a trooper in real life, and I'm not going to censor myself because of some no mark on a forum affecting faux outrage to try and score points.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #383: Sep 17, 2018 03:50:51 pm
      This game was awesome until Spurs scored. We mostly dominated them and were the better team from the moment the game started. Was really frustrated with how poorly we finished with both Salah and Mane passing up opportunities to set up a teammate for a better chance at scoring that would have made the game out of reach early on. We continue to defend so well as a team not giving up quality chances and when we make a mistake (like Gomez getting roasted by Moura) the other CB can cover and clear danger.

The Spurs goal frustrated me on a couple of fronts:

1. It made the game a lot closer than where it should have ended. At 2-0, despite the missed chances to blow the game open, you leave that game with a clean sheet knowing you dominated them. At 2-1, and especially with that PK call on Mane that should have been, it really does leave a bitter taste because the scoreline looks a lot closer than it really was. It does us no justice.

2. It probably was the first time this season the defense failed as a whole allowing a player a good shot from up close, though understanding that over a full season this is going to happen, just that timing was tough. On that note, if Alisson is going to be more than a good goalkeeper, that shot from Lamela is one he needs to put a toe on and shut the door.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #384: Sep 17, 2018 03:53:01 pm
      That's exactly what I f**king said.

As ever, you're so f**king egotistical, you think everything is aimed at you, so you're having another tantrum.

And as usual, you completely miss the point to try and start a barney because you got your knickers in a twist.

I swear like a trooper in real life, and I'm not going to censor myself because of some no mark on a forum affecting faux outrage to try and score points.

I think if you look back at the last few posts mate you will see that it's you who's lost his temper, got in a nark over nothing and has rambled on.

Never seen somebody get so angry because somebody said 'well you can't really blame them for being a little underwhelmed'.

Anger issues mate. Sort em.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #385: Sep 17, 2018 06:03:59 pm
      I think if you look back at the last few posts mate you will see that it's you who's lost his temper, got in a nark over nothing and has rambled on.

Never seen somebody get so angry because somebody said 'well you can't really blame them for being a little underwhelmed'.

Anger issues mate. Sort em.

;D, do you find that this kind of childish internet "tactic" works for you?

I don't get angry about anything on here, and only a massive bellend would.

You're just pixels on a screen to me fella, and I don't give a F**k about you one way or another.

So reel your ego in, and learn to deal with the fact you're not the centre of the universe, and that actually, no one really gives a F**k about you.

You do this every time.
      Throw out some spurious bullshit accusation, thinking it gets someones back up.
      It doesn't.
      It just makes you look like a childish tit.

Back to Spurs, and they'll get their act together at some point.
      They're blowing a bit hot and cold at the moment, but F**k 'em.
      « Last Edit: Sep 17, 2018 06:13:08 pm by Swab »
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #386: Sep 17, 2018 08:09:11 pm
      ;D, do you find that this kind of childish internet "tactic" works for you?

I don't get angry about anything on here, and only a massive bellend would.

You're just pixels on a screen to me fella, and I don't give a f**k about you one way or another.

So reel your ego in, and learn to deal with the fact you're not the centre of the universe, and that actually, no one really gives a f**k about you.

You do this every time.
      Throw out some spurious bullshit accusation, thinking it gets someones back up.
      It doesn't.
      It just makes you look like a childish tit.

Back to Spurs, and they'll get their act together at some point.
      They're blowing a bit hot and cold at the moment, but f**k 'em.

You keep coming out with statements like that, how I supposedly 'do this all the time'.

Do what all the time? Quote somebody and say well you can't really blame fans for being underwhelmed for signing an unknown championship player for buttons to fix a problem we've had for a decade?

I've had a few daft arguments with a couple of posters on this forum. I can think of three at the top of my head, you being one of them.

But in general I don't have any problems with anybody on here so to say 'you do this all the time' seems a little far fetched.

I don't understand what you mean by tactic either. It was just a simple comment I made and you got worked up over it. If you say you didn't, then you have a funny way of showing it.

I also don't understand why you keep saying things such as 'you're not the centre of the universe'. Never said I was. Again, it was just a simple comment that you got worked up over and you come out with statements like 'nobody gives a f**k about you'.

You've come across as an angry little man with issues to me mate but each to their own.

I've obviously come across to you as somebody who repeatedly winds you up and thinks the world revolves around me just because I said that you can't really blame some fans for being a little underwhelmed  :lmao:

Strange. But we will leave it there. I obviously know not to quote or debate with you because as i say, you've got some weird issues mate.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #387: Sep 17, 2018 08:34:28 pm
      You keep coming out with statements like that, how I supposedly 'do this all the time'.

Do what all the time? Quote somebody and say well you can't really blame fans for being underwhelmed for signing an unknown championship player for buttons to fix a problem we've had for a decade?

I've had a few daft arguments with a couple of posters on this forum. I can think of three at the top of my head, you being one of them.

But in general I don't have any problems with anybody on here so to say 'you do this all the time' seems a little far fetched.

I don't understand what you mean by tactic either. It was just a simple comment I made and you got worked up over it. If you say you didn't, then you have a funny way of showing it.

I also don't understand why you keep saying things such as 'you're not the centre of the universe'. Never said I was. Again, it was just a simple comment that you got worked up over and you come out with statements like 'nobody gives a f**k about you'.

You've come across as an angry little man with issues to me mate but each to their own.

I've obviously come across to you as somebody who repeatedly winds you up and thinks the world revolves around me just because I said that you can't really blame some fans for being a little underwhelmed  :lmao:

Strange. But we will leave it there. I obviously know not to quote or debate with you because as i say, you've got some weird issues mate.

Yes you don't care.

That's why you spend so much time thinking up and writing bullshit like this.  :lmao:

Get it through your head fella, no one gives a sh*t what you think.

Or what I think for that matter.

And certainly not enough to try and use ancient and outdated silliness like "oooh, you're angry".
      Writing something like that on the internet doesn't make it true, it just means the person writing it is an egotistical arsehole who thinks everything revolves around him.

You started this whole shitfest off because you couldn't stand the fact that someone pointed out that when Robertson was bought, a load of people got their arse in an uproar because he was cheap.
      You thought because you did it, that this was directed at you.

Nope, you never entered my mind, and actually never do.

HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #388: Sep 17, 2018 08:48:43 pm
      Yes you don't care.

That's why you spend so much time thinking up and writing bullshit like this.  :lmao:

Get it through your head fella, no one gives a sh*t what you think.

Or what I think for that matter.

And certainly not enough to try and use ancient and outdated silliness like "oooh, you're angry".
      Writing something like that on the internet doesn't make it true, it just means the person writing it is an egotistical arsehole who thinks everything revolves around him.

You started this whole shitfest off because you couldn't stand the fact that someone pointed out that when Robertson was bought, a load of people got their arse in an uproar because he was cheap.
      You thought because you did it, that this was directed at you.

Nope, you never entered my mind, and actually never do.

I didn't think it was aimed at me at all and I've lost count how many times I've said I won't judge any player at all until they've kicked a ball for us despite what my initial thoughts or predictions may be for them.

I made a simple comment and you've blown up over it. Rambled on and swore your head off.  It was a simple comment that could have been discussed or if you hate me so much and you don't give a F**k about me as you've told me probably three or four times now (a bit weird), then just ignore it and leave it?

The way we dealt with the cb and gk positions were impressive. We were desperate to bring in quality in those two areas so we did. No messing about, brought in two established players to instantly improve us and they have.

Left back was the same situation but on that occasion we didn't bring in an established player. So as I said you can't blame people for being somewhat underwhelmed.

Thankfully for everybody robertson has turned into a F***ing beast and that signing was an excellent and shrewd one. Brilliant business so well done for all involved.

But they don't happen or come around often. Simple.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #389: Sep 17, 2018 09:45:13 pm
      aww diddums, did the nasty man swearing upset your delicate sensibilities?

Get tae f**k with your faked outrage, and stop being a lying gobs***e.

I explained very clearly what I meant, but you couldn't hack it because you think everything is aimed at you.
      That's why you jumped all over it.
      People aren't f**king stupid you know, they can actually read your rants, deflections and general bullshit.

Probably best to stick you on ignore, then I don't have to constantly deal with the sh*te you come out with, not least of which is ignoring all evidence, ignoring the best manager in the world, and thinking you know better than him about a player he never has anything but praise for

You're weird you mate. There you go again being abusive and swearing over just a simple post. You've got issues.

You don't upset me by swearing you just contradict yourself by saying you don't care, don't give a F**k and you're not angry. As I said you have a funny way of showing it.

I couldn't hack it? I just made a very simple comment and you've gotten very angry over it. You're still angry about it now, just look at the state of your posts?

Your last paragraph shows that it's clearly evident you're annoyed that I don't rate your boy Henderson so that explains why you've flown off the handle today over something so little and innocent.

I'm not surprised really because it was only two weeks ago you kept saying Henderson is undroppable and will always start for us etc but he was benched at one of the biggest games of the season and we gave another brilliant performance without him in the team so you did look a little silly so I'm not surprised you're a bit upset.

For the record klopp has never publically blasted any of our players even if it's clear he doesn't rate them or they have no future here.  Daniel Sturridge can't get a game for us but klopp repeatedly praises him and comments on his quality all the time.  It's not klopps style to criticise his players, he's not bloody Mourinho.

He would never criticise Henderson in public. It also means that if we ever choose to sell him, we will get the maximum fee for him because our manager 'likes' and rates' him.

I'm not getting into another Henderson debate with you, I told you a fortnight ago that we will wait and see what happens with him. You think he's first name on the team sheet and I think his time is up with us now and he will slowly be edged out the side. Give it 12-18 months and let's see where we're at then and then we can discuss it if you like.

Oh and I don't have to agree with absolutely everything klopp says or does either. I'm entitled to my own opinion. Are you saying that you agree with every single football manager and all of the decisions they make then all because they know more about football than you? 

Why are you on this forum then? I'm here to give my opinions. Why are you here? Because according to you you're not allowed to have an opinion if it differs from anyone at Liverpool?
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #390: Sep 18, 2018 03:08:28 am
      I thought it was very good performance, I really thought Milner, Robbo and VvD really had impressive showing. My main hope was that the front three would be clinical but in the end they are just a little off with their final ball and finishing.

Quick Reply