Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

Pre-Match: Liverpool V PSG (18/09/18 - 20:00)

Read 10642 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,578 posts | 6915 
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool V PSG (18/09/18 - 20:00)
      Reply #23: Sep 17, 2018 12:55:39 pm
      Yeah let's give the second string a run out

Some second string though. 

Shaqiri for the first 60 then Sturridge on as the Firmino replacement.  That'd probably do me.  Think Bobby's a big miss - time for Salah to click into gear?

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #24: Sep 17, 2018 01:03:05 pm
      Fabinho will start his career here in the league cup against Chelsea I think. Not against PSG in CL.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #25: Sep 17, 2018 01:14:57 pm
      Is it just me or has the champions league come around very quick?..

I’m not complaining like..👍
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #26: Sep 17, 2018 01:27:22 pm
      Huge bonus with Veratti being suspended for this one. A little magician in midfield.

We should be able to get the upper hand in midfield which I think could be the difference in stopping the supply to Mbappe and Neymar.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,253 posts | 2799 
      Reply #27: Sep 17, 2018 02:08:27 pm
      Wouldn't be pissing about with the team too much for this one, don't want to be losing here and finding ourselves potentially in a position where we might need a win at their place.

Hopefully Bobby's fit, if not I'd move Salah central and get Shaqiri down the right.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #28: Sep 17, 2018 02:15:39 pm
      Wouldn't be pissing about with the team too much for this one, don't want to be losing here and finding ourselves potentially in a position where we might need a win at their place.

Hopefully Bobby's fit, if not I'd move Salah central and get Shaqiri down the right.

Wouldn't mind seeing Salah through the centre with Shaqiri wide.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #29: Sep 17, 2018 02:28:49 pm
      Is Firmino definitely out?

I haven't seen anything about it, but to be fair I haven't really looked ;)
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #30: Sep 17, 2018 03:34:40 pm
      Struggling to keep clean sheets and played poor opposition so far, Di Maria has been used for most parts as a LWB, Marquinhos has been playing CM and Neymar mostly used as an attacking mid.
      Buffon, Alves, Rabiot and Verrati are all missing.

I’m confident, bring them on!

CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,800 posts | 1399 
      Reply #31: Sep 17, 2018 03:58:29 pm
      Hendo for Milner, Sturridge for Firmino and off we go. Go at these fuckers and start the group stage with a win. Neymar and Mbappe will be tough to handle and this is the competition PSG wants the most so they'll come to play some ball but i'm confident we'll be ready and come out on top.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #32: Sep 17, 2018 04:05:48 pm
      Struggling to keep clean sheets and played poor opposition so far, Di Maria has been used for most parts as a LWB, Marquinhos has been playing CM and Neymar mostly used as an attacking mid.
      Buffon, Alves, Rabiot and Verrati are all missing.

I’m confident, bring them on!

Yeah, watching them and they have looked vulnerable at the back and in midfield defensively when the slightlest of press occurs, it's why I would prefer to see Solanke instead of Sturridge as he he an aggressive presser and hard working.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #33: Sep 17, 2018 04:09:50 pm
      Would again go with pretty much the same team bar Henderson coming in to freshen up the midfield.

We can rest players in the league cup game but no way should we rotate too heavily yet.

IN what way would Henderson freshen up the midfield?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #34: Sep 17, 2018 04:10:24 pm
      Well i have money on PSG winning the champions league this season but I hope we do 'em good tomorrow!  :scarf:

Why???
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,675 posts | 3696 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #35: Sep 17, 2018 04:18:56 pm
      Wouldn't rest anyone for this we have two games coming up where we can tinker with the side but not for this .

I would slightly tinker in this not against the Saints. I'm with Gary Neville on this (F**k never thought I would say it) we should tinker in UCL. I'm not saying, we should play the fringe players but rest 1 or 2 each game.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #36: Sep 17, 2018 05:13:57 pm
      Is Firmino definitely out?

I haven't seen anything about it, but to be fair I haven't really looked ;)
      Depends how bad the abrasion is. I had the same injury a couple of times.
      First time it healed in 24 hours, the other time took a week, not counting eyedrops which I had to use for months.
      Personally I think Firmino's injury looked worse than when it happened to me, so I am almost certain he won't feature for this game.
      He should be okay for the next premier league game though, but it is possible he will need to use a special contact lense.
      To heal 100% it can take 3-4 months, but that is usually just putting eyedrops in to prevent infection.
      For sport it should be around a week off or something.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #37: Sep 17, 2018 05:21:26 pm
      Wouldn't mind seeing Salah through the centre with Shaqiri wide.
      Nah, too much tinkering.

Salah   Sturridge  Mane

Straight swap Bobby for Danny, least disruption.
      Shaqiri wide will probably happen in league cup along with Fabinho being introduced as DM.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,382 posts | 3390 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #38: Sep 17, 2018 05:29:51 pm
      Depends how bad the abrasion is. I had the same injury a couple of times.
      First time it healed in 24 hours, the other time took a week, not counting eyedrops which I had to use for months.
      Personally I think Firmino's injury looked worse than when it happened to me, so I am almost certain he won't feature for this game.
      He should be okay for the next premier league game though, but it is possible he will need to use a special contact lense.
      To heal 100% it can take 3-4 months, but that is usually just putting eyedrops in to prevent infection.
      For sport it should be around a week off or something.

Was this 'injury' suffered whilst wearing the wife's clothes ?
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,896 posts | 4968 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #39: Sep 17, 2018 06:08:02 pm
      Strongest possible side for me, and since we're 5 up with 33 to go i see no reason to change, well i wouldn't anyways but Jürgen might,

Honestly I'm not bothered who we have in front of us because i believe our European nights at home will give us a edge, its been proven before and I'm betting that Kunt Neymar and his wee Parisien chums will not have a f***in scooby what's about to hit them,

I'm old school so id love someone to do a Souness on that gobs***e Neymar and chin the kunt see how many roll overs he does , not gonna happen i know but we can but dream....

....anyhoo....big Virgil will master his defence and keep Mbappe, Neymar and Cavani at bay whilst our front 3 take the piss up the other end, get in their faces, gegenpress the sh*t out of them and don't let the fuckers breath,  their used to a French league nowhere near the pace of the prem so i think they'll struggle with the intensity,

Lets get at them straight away and dont let up, I'm tellin ya they'll sag like a wet bag of onions......

I'd go thus.....
                                    Alisson
                  Trent Gomez Virgil Robertson
                    Milner   Wijnaldom      Keita
                          Salah Firmino Mane

They are a good side no doubt about that,but so are f***in we, and they will be worried,  they won't have faced anyone like us this season, their style plays straight into our hands....

SO LETS f***in SMASH EM

3-1 MIGHTY REDMEN!!!!

YNWA
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,282 posts | 1513 
      Reply #40: Sep 17, 2018 06:08:15 pm
      Just changed my prediction from 2:1 to 3:1. Gut feeling, nothing more.
      Just feel it’s s step up for them considering their regular opposition.
      They gonna get blasted 😁
      Can’t wait now, just tweak Jürgen, don’t tinker.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #41: Sep 17, 2018 06:11:08 pm
      Strongest possible side for me, and since we're 5 up with 33 to go i see no reason to change, well i wouldn't anyways but Jürgen might,

Honestly I'm not bothered who we have in front of us because i believe our European nights at home will give us a edge, its been proven before and I'm betting that Kunt Neymar and his wee Parisien chums will not have a f***in scooby what's about to hit them,

I'm old school so id love someone to do a Souness on that gobs***e Neymar and chin the kunt see how many roll overs he does , not gonna happen i know but we can but dream....

....anyhoo....big Virgil will master his defence and keep Mbappe, Neymar and Cavani at bay whilst our front 3 take the piss up the other end, get in their faces, gegenpress the sh*t out of them and don't let the fuckers breath,  their used to a French league nowhere near the pace of the prem so i think they'll struggle with the intensity,

Lets get at them straight away and dont let up, I'm tellin ya they'll sag like a wet bag of onions......

I'd go thus.....
                                    Alisson
                  Trent Gomez Virgil Robertson
                    Milner   Wijnaldom      Keita
                          Salah Firmino Mane

They are a good side no doubt about that,but so are f***in we, and they will be worried,  they won't have faced anyone like us this season, their style plays straight into our hands....

SO LETS f***in SMASH EM

3-1 MIGHTY REDMEN!!!!

YNWA

85 minutes gone, we're 3-0 up and Jürgen brings on an unfit Lovren to F**k up Neymar with a Tommy Smith special, thus ensuring that a ban doesn't affect us.

A man can dream ;)
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #42: Sep 17, 2018 06:24:17 pm
      Sturridge for Firmino and everything will be fine. Changing one of our midfielders for Hendo would be a mistake IMO.
      I'd like to see Shaqiri play a bit.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,578 posts | 6915 
      Reply #43: Sep 17, 2018 06:31:10 pm
      Sturridge for Firmino and everything will be fine. Changing one of our midfielders for Hendo would be a mistake IMO.
      I'd like to see Shaqiri play a bit.

Way I see it - we need to keep our midfield fresh for the Premier League. 

Absolutely no point going all guns blazing in this first game in the group IMO.  We drew our first two games in the group last season and (despite some of the moaning at the time) ended up in Kiev.  PSG and Napoli won't both be getting 6 points in their games against each other.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #44: Sep 17, 2018 06:31:56 pm
      Was this 'injury' suffered whilst wearing the wife's clothes ?
      nah, when my son was a toddler he poked me in the eye. It is a common thing apparently, hospital staff even guessed it.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,545 posts | 3905 
      Reply #45: Sep 17, 2018 06:41:28 pm
      Way I see it - we need to keep our midfield fresh for the Premier League. 

Absolutely no point going all guns blazing in this first game in the group IMO.  We drew our first two games in the group last season and (despite some of the moaning at the time) ended up in Kiev.  PSG and Napoli won't both be getting 6 points in their games against each other.

Nahhhhhhh, this is PSG, a heavyweight. I want to go all out and get them.

Quick Reply