Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v PSG?

Alisson
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      2 (1.5%)
      Joe Gomez
      1 (0.7%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      2 (1.5%)
      Andy Robertson
      16 (11.8%)
      James Milner
      62 (45.6%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      31 (22.8%)
      Jordan Henderson
      10 (7.4%)
      Sadio Mane
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      4 (2.9%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      0 (0%)
       Fabinho
      1 (0.7%)
      Roberto Firmino
      7 (5.1%)

Total Members Voted: 134

Voting closed: Sep 22, 2018 09:53:41 pm

Liverpool 3-2 Paris St Germain: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 24797 times
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Re: Liverpool 3-2 Paris St Germain: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #621: Sep 19, 2018 12:05:53 pm
      Cracking match which really shows how far we've come under Klopp.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #622: Sep 19, 2018 12:30:33 pm
      OK, there were individual errors  but PSG is a very good team and we expect to make a few mistakes here and there. The goals conceded were nothing to be ashamed of, again against PSG, many other teams would have conceded more. Very happy with all the players performance. No worries, Salah will come good. he probably will need some rest and come back fresh. Forward we focus on the next game.
      Mickred
      • Forum John Barnes

• 413 posts | 53 
      Reply #623: Sep 19, 2018 01:21:57 pm
      What a great game to watch. We were by far the better side and PSG look like they have no urgency at all.  Massive well done to the lads especially after we conceded the 2nd goal.

YNWA
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #624: Sep 19, 2018 02:07:35 pm
      Cracking match which really shows how far we've come under Klopp.

Established us as a force in the League & Europe within 3 years ...

We have our 'Aura of Invincibilty' back..

TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,028 posts | 332 
      Reply #625: Sep 19, 2018 02:23:52 pm
      Maybe this can explain the Mo water-bottle reaction.

Has he got a bet on with Bobby over who will score the most goals this season?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #626: Sep 19, 2018 02:28:25 pm
      Established us as a force in the League & Europe within 3 years ...

We have our 'Aura of Invincibilty' back..

We have an Aura of " oh sh*t we have to go to Anfield and take a hiding" Its great to see Anfield as a fortress again it is essential to success in the league
      Borg
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 317 posts | 80 
      Reply #627: Sep 19, 2018 02:28:59 pm
      Quick thoughts:
      90 minutes of thrill ride. Highs lows highs....how sport should be
      Very quiet crowd except for the PSG fans. I expected more from the locals.
      LFC won because of their high work rate and constant pressing. PSG was overwhelmed by LFC's tenacity.
      The press did leave wide spaces at the back line giving PSG ample room the few times they were able to forward the ball.
      VvD was exposed a bit yesterday
      Neymar is a fraud. One dimensional glory seeker. 2018 will be known as the year Neymar was exposed as a flopping / no defense fraud. He sure is fast though
      How important is Milner? His veteran presence, work rate, guts etc etc etc.......what a signing.
      What's with the shirtless froggies? Did they arrive on rainbow colored buses with disco balls inside?
      To secure max points right out of the starting gate against the #1 team in their group......so important. This will force teams to play more wide open as they scramble for points....giving LFC attackers more opportunities IMO.
      And still, the Front 3 hasn't gelled yet.......Next level play is on the horizon....no question
      What a start to CL & PL !!!!!!!!!!!!!
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #628: Sep 19, 2018 02:30:35 pm
      Maybe this can explain the Mo water-bottle reaction.

Has he got a bet on with Bobby over who will score the most goals this season?

If you watch Firmino's goal again and it then pans over to Klopp, you will actually see Salah in the background celebrating the goal, but when it pans back to Salah where he throws the bottle, I think he throws the bottle out of relief because he knew he fu**ed up for the 2nd goal conceded.
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #629: Sep 19, 2018 02:42:38 pm
      Anyone else spot Fabinho with JĆ¼rgen at the end?  The lad looked like he was buzzing - he was only on for about 20 seconds!

It was as if after a couple of months Klopp had finally said to him - now you are ready!

Obviously, he was buzzing. Klopp just told him "Next time you get 2 whole minutes". ;)  ;D
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,955 posts | 234 
      Reply #630: Sep 19, 2018 03:00:57 pm
      Quick thoughts:

I felt the same watching it on the telly and I am wondering if the microphones were set at the away end. Because, every player has tweeted or posted photos commending the atmosphere. A few of the match goers have also posted that it was a good atmosphere.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #631: Sep 19, 2018 03:11:15 pm
      Quick thoughts:
      you clearly didn't listen to JĆ¼rgen and the players so how great the atmosphere in the ground was. TV does have microphones set up to pick up crowd noise.
      Which locals do you mean people living around Anfield or the wider area or infact people from virtually all over the world who come to Anfield.
      Listen to a game on the Radio and you will hear the noise much better.
      Or go to Anfield and make some noise

Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #632: Sep 19, 2018 03:29:24 pm
      Can't understand any negativity whatsoever about anything. Once again we've played a very good team with some world class players off the park and should have won much more comfortably. When the front three start clicking we'll be unstoppable.

Midfield was great throughout, as was the defence but I can't help but mention Milner in particular, the guy just keeps proving people wrong. Best free transfer ever?
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #633: Sep 19, 2018 03:57:05 pm
      Quick thoughts:

All fighting amongst themselves for a good five minutes. Lovely bunch.

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #634: Sep 19, 2018 04:10:01 pm
      I felt the same watching it on the telly and I am wondering if the microphones were set at the away end

Quite a few of their fans had mega phones down the front of the away end apparently.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #635: Sep 19, 2018 05:25:13 pm
      If you watch Firmino's goal again and it then pans over to Klopp, you will actually see Salah in the background celebrating the goal, but when it pans back to Salah where he throws the bottle, I think he throws the bottle out of relief because he knew he fu**ed up for the 2nd goal conceded.

Exactly, thereā€™s nothing more to it. Just a ā€œget the F**k inā€ and relief. Pretty sure Klopp through his water bottle down towards the end of last season when we scored a goal?

People, especially the media like to create something that isnā€™t there though.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #636: Sep 19, 2018 05:40:13 pm

Was a very good atmosphere for a first group game. Anyone expecting an atmosphere similar to City or Roma needs their heads testing, that only comes when there is more at stake in the knockout rounds. Yeah the Paris fans were loud, but it seemed they were here for a good time whatever the result!!

Honestly thought we had threw it away when M'Bappe scored the equaliser. But a boss finish from Bobby gave us the win and a great start to this group.

Milner & Gini were F***ing brilliant in midfield. Some of Milner's tackles literally left a mark on them.

Made up for Sturridge too getting his goal with a superb little header & thought he put a good performance in too.

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #637: Sep 19, 2018 07:39:20 pm
      Anyone expecting an atmosphere similar to City or Roma needs their heads testing, that only comes when there is more at stake in the knockout rounds.

Realistically though, that game probably did have a fair bit riding on it in terms of qualification from this group.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #638: Sep 19, 2018 08:12:08 pm
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #639: Sep 19, 2018 09:18:17 pm
      Realistically though, that game probably did have a fair bit riding on it in terms of qualification from this group.

It might of done but expecting a city or roma style atmosphere this early in the season is still asking a bit much.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #640: Sep 19, 2018 11:29:02 pm
      Finally I want to end my post with the biggest shout out of them all and that's to Daniel Sturridge. I think this lad deserves huge, huge praise.  He lost his place some time ago at this club and nobody's ever heard a peep from him. He just gets his head down and carrys on working. He got his chance tonight and I'm so made up for him that he scored. I wouldn't have started him personally because he's not the most mobile of forwards and that's essential for how we play, but my god, he put a real shift in tonight. He was swapping with mane and really tracking back down that flank which isn't his comfort zone but he was putting a shift in for the team, all while he hasn't played regular football in years. He came off the pitch pouring with sweat to a well deserved standing ovation. Thanks for the shift you put in tonight Daniel, you did yourself and the club proud mate. 

He may not have been our best player on the night, but I gave Studge the MOTM because his performance was such a massive surprise, and so far above what I expected of him.  I'd written him off, a nervous injury wreck. And he might still break down again. But after barely having played at all, for years, to come out in a CL match against a PSG side with such quality, in a match with such a high tempo, and not only hold his own but play well and score, was a minor miracle. Huge credit to Studge for the determination and belief it must have taken to get himself in position to perform for us at that level.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #641: Sep 20, 2018 11:48:12 am
      I watched the replay of the game and we have indeed beaten a very good side and along the way conceded 2 goals is no shame at all. It is not easy to contain a strikeforce that is worth 400 mil. So, I don;t expect myself to say anything negative about the players for this match.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,969 posts | 3945 
      Reply #642: Sep 20, 2018 05:13:58 pm
      Check this out, couldn't get the actual pic up but it's a cracker -

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10216791736203795&id=1174760294
      « Last Edit: Sep 20, 2018 05:31:23 pm by stuey »
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,251 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #643: Sep 20, 2018 05:20:08 pm
      Sorted for you.  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

Quick Reply