Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre-Match: Liverpool V Southampton (22/09/18 - 15:00)

Read 12620 times
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool V Southampton (22/09/18 - 15:00)
      Reply #23: Sep 19, 2018 11:25:49 pm
      Nobody is being dropped, just rotated. Henderson should play alongside Fabinho in league cup. It needs to be seen if Fabinho can be a number 8 with Henderson as number 6. Fabinho is struggling for a place at DM right now with Gini and Hendo, but as a number 8 he could get more opportunities. We can't test Hendo with Fabinho in the league, it's just too risky.

Fabinho has better attributes and is more of a 6 than Hendo. There was a reason why he was considered one of the best in Europe.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #24: Sep 19, 2018 11:30:19 pm
      Fabinho has better attributes and is more of a 6 than Hendo. There was a reason why he was considered one of the best in Europe.
      so once Fabinho is integrated does Hendo go central? Or Gini? We can't have 3 players fighting for that role can we?
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #25: Sep 19, 2018 11:45:37 pm
      so once Fabinho is integrated does Hendo go central? Or Gini? We can't have 3 players fighting for that role can we?

Who knows what will happen. But one thing I do know, Wijnaldum can play as the 8 to a world class level, so Milner and Keita will be up for a battle. I think Hendo can still play there, but as good as our current ones? Idk, but going by 13/14 season, he would be our best #8 :D
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #26: Sep 20, 2018 02:18:34 am
      5 of the regulars left out Saturday the other 5 left out in the League Cup next week (maybe 6 if you give Mignolet a game) - return to the regular XI the following weekend vs. Chelsea.

Is Lovren supposed to be fit by this time next week?

Is Lallana fit at the moment?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #27: Sep 20, 2018 06:52:34 am
      Wouldn’t be surprised if Hendo makes way, I think he will be more of a regular in the CL than in the league.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #28: Sep 20, 2018 06:56:35 am
      Not the time to roatate, that’s what the league cup is for. Saints won’t be a push over but a strong lineup will see them off
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #29: Sep 20, 2018 07:39:16 am
      There aren't many greater sights in football than a really angry, Mark Hughes tantrum.

SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #30: Sep 20, 2018 08:10:31 am
      Jürgen will play his best XI available and rest for the Carabo cup thingy

This.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #31: Sep 20, 2018 08:47:52 am
      Not the time to roatate, that’s what the league cup is for. Saints won’t be a push over but a strong lineup will see them off

This all day.

I think with the lads we've had spending a fair bit of time on the bench, the Carabao Cup squad can still be a strong one without risking the overdoing it with the lads that are starting more or less week in, week out at the moment. Put the chips on the table and get the job done against the Saints, and then use the cup to try out some of these fellas and let them stake their claim. For the first time in years, I genuinely think we can rest people for these cup games and still be a worry for sides. Competition is strong. However, most important thing would be going into that game being 6/6 in the league. So I do hope we see a similar side as we did Tuesday in this one, with Keita and Bobby back in. Try to click into another gear this weekend.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #32: Sep 20, 2018 09:02:41 am
      We’ve played a blinder on that Ings deal, just as he hits form and their only threat in attack, they now have to rely on Shane Long.
      Much rather be facing Shane Long or Charlie Austin than an in form Ings who would have been bang up for the match against us.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #33: Sep 20, 2018 10:03:45 am
      We’ve played a blinder on that Ings deal, just as he hits form and their only threat in attack, they now have to rely on Shane Long.
      Much rather be facing Shane Long or Charlie Austin than an in form Ings who would have been bang up for the match against us.

ah ok so Ings can't play as it was a loan, that's good, he was my only worry in that Saints team. Honestly if we do not smash them on Saturday then I'll be fecking annoyed, we need to get our goal difference up a bit.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #34: Sep 20, 2018 10:41:17 am
      It would not surprise me if Klopp planned this.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #35: Sep 20, 2018 10:51:56 am
      Depends if you look at the next 2 games or 5 games.

Saturday 22nd September PL
      Liverpool v Southampton

Same team that faced PSG, but rest Hendo and Sturridge depending on Firmino's eye.

Wednesday 26th September EFL Cup
      Liverpool v Chelsea

Sturridge, Hendo, Fabinho, Shaqiri, Matip, Lallana etc... good players lacking minutes.
      Rest Salah, VVD and Mane.
      Firmino starts if he did not start against Southampton

Saturday 29th September PL
      Chelsea v Liverpool

Make a decision between Hendo or Gini as DM for this game.
      Mane, VVD and Salah come back.. maybe Firmino too.

Wednesday 3rd October ECL
      Napoli v Liverpool

Same 11 that faced PSG, but Firmino will probably start over Sturridge

Sunday 7th October PL
      Liverpool v Manchester City

End of the very hectic busy run, team will be picking itself on fitness at this stage.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #36: Sep 20, 2018 11:09:07 am
      Two more days to go.... This is the way the football season should be, not breaks for F***ing International
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #37: Sep 20, 2018 11:10:40 am
      Two more days to go.... This is the way the football season should be, not breaks for f**king International

Is right! Can’t wait for our games this season, probably more than ever before, as soon as one game is finished I want the other straight away. The club is in a great place right now. Always feel like we owe Saints a twatting so let’s make sure it happens!
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #38: Sep 20, 2018 11:42:15 am
      Is right! Can’t wait for our games this season, probably more than ever before, as soon as one game is finished I want the other straight away. The club is in a great place right now. Always feel like we owe Saints a twatting so let’s make sure it happens!
      In my opinion, the biggest difference between now and last season is having a good goalkeeper. I have been saying it years. Now we finally got there. It is no coincidence we are doing better, even against PSG when VVD got an assist for the winning goal, shows how much we trust Alisson. Last season VVD would have been at the back scared of Migerrors Karius.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #39: Sep 20, 2018 12:09:47 pm
      I hope the squad is not as  overconfident as we are on here. Of course we will be favored to win the match, but it's a classic let-down game after the wins vs. Spurs and PSG. The Premier League is still highly competitive and there WILL be a need for some rotation as we are playing about 90 hours after the last match ended. We have the quality and then some, but we must be careful not to overlook Saints.

Which positions will be better off with another player starting, Jürgen and the sports science people will have to determine, but half of the group Saturday and the other half next Wednesday seems to make sense.

Two things I know about the League Cup
      1. I still want us to win it.
      2. We won't win it by playing our second XI every match (keep in mind most of these second XI haven't had a game since preseason, or maybe one game with the U23s).

Trusting Jürgen to get it right.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #40: Sep 20, 2018 12:18:46 pm
      Our post cl record should guarantee no complacency from anyone
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #41: Sep 20, 2018 12:21:33 pm
      In my opinion, the biggest difference between now and last season is having a good goalkeeper. I have been saying it years. Now we finally got there. It is no coincidence we are doing better, even against PSG when VVD got an assist for the winning goal, shows how much we trust Alisson. Last season VVD would have been at the back scared of Migerrors Karius.

so we didn't get to a CL final then without Alisson?. You don't half talk rubbish.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #42: Sep 20, 2018 12:32:26 pm
      Our post cl record should guarantee no complacency from anyone

Exactly.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #43: Sep 20, 2018 12:47:07 pm
      Two more days to go.... This is the way the football season should be, not breaks for f**king International

Thick and fast..as you say the way it should be..it creates greater confidence, match sharpness & maintains a winning mentality..

We have the squad for all 4 fronts..
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #44: Sep 20, 2018 12:50:02 pm
      so we didn't get to a CL final then without Alisson?. You don't half talk rubbish.
      You do realize we had it easy last season right? It was like a clear path to the final. This season we have a much tougher group. If we had this group a year ago we would have been lucky toget out of it. There's a difference between getting to a final and winning it. Look at England's in World Cup... Difficulty of opposition makes a massive difference.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #45: Sep 20, 2018 12:54:59 pm
      You do realize we had it easy last season right? It was like a clear path to the final. This season we have a much tougher group. If we had this group a year ago we would have been lucky toget out of it. There's a difference between getting to a final and winning it. Look at England's in World Cup... Difficulty of opposition makes a massive difference.

So beating Manc city twice home and away who broke all Prem records last season is an easy route. Every single post you inflict on this forum is always about how great you are and that you know better than anyone else. Your on ignore from now on the first and only time I have done this.

Quick Reply