Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Pre-Match: Liverpool V Southampton (22/09/18 - 15:00)

Read 12634 times
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool V Southampton (22/09/18 - 15:00)
      Reply #46: Sep 20, 2018 12:55:20 pm
      Is right! Can’t wait for our games this season, probably more than ever before, as soon as one game is finished I want the other straight away. The club is in a great place right now. Always feel like we owe Saints a twatting so let’s make sure it happens!

Is right, we owe saint's a twatting for all the money we've given them over the years but are still a bang average team, if it weren't for the Baggies or the Swans they'd be down last season, and not forgetting that prize Kunt of a manager they have, the man is nothing short of a giant w*nk stain on society...

....hope we tw*t them 6-0....Salah hat-trick to kick start his season...Mane, Bobby 1 a piece and Naby breaking his duck...Perfect !!

YNWA

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #47: Sep 20, 2018 12:55:39 pm
      You do realize we had it easy last season right? It was like a clear path to the final.

How dare you..Easy path my F***ing arse..we F***ing hammered everyone bar Mardid on route you tit..

We made it F***ing look easy & will do again this season..
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #48: Sep 20, 2018 01:04:52 pm
      You do realize we had it easy last season right? It was like a clear path to the final. This season we have a much tougher group. If we had this group a year ago we would have been lucky toget out of it. There's a difference between getting to a final and winning it. Look at England's in World Cup... Difficulty of opposition makes a massive difference.

;D. Would love to see Klopp's face if you told him the path was "easy".

We made it look easy by how easily we ripped teams apart. Winning 0-5 AWAY to Porto is not easy - you're such a fan of stats Rip, go see how many teams do that...Beating Man City over two legs is not easy. Blowing Roma off the park is not easy.

The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #49: Sep 20, 2018 01:17:53 pm
      Thick and fast..as you say the way it should be..it creates greater confidence, match sharpness & maintains a winning mentality..
      And less anxiety and frustration for us, the supporters...  ;D ;D
      Mickred
      • Forum John Barnes

• 413 posts | 53 
      Reply #50: Sep 20, 2018 01:22:41 pm
      No changes for me, keep same starting 11 lets get 3 or 4 up and then make the changes.  Got to keep Mo playing as he needs to regain his form.

CMON you redment
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #51: Sep 20, 2018 01:26:54 pm
      And less anxiety and frustration for us, the supporters...  ;D ;D

I hate internationals.. Hate the F***ing waiting around game..

We're playing every 3 days which is acceptable in my opinion 😂
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #52: Sep 20, 2018 02:02:12 pm
      I wouldn't be surprised to see some level rotation, Klopp was not shy about doing it last year and if you are going to bring in quality players to build depth in the squad, you need to trust them and give them the opportunity to play in meaningful games to both keep them motivated and in form.

In the past i had not cared about the Carabao Cup but this year i don't think we should take it for granted and play strong squads in it. We NEED a trophy this year, even if its the CC.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #53: Sep 20, 2018 03:03:36 pm
      so we didn't get to a CL final then without Alisson?. You don't half talk rubbish.

We conceded a hell of a lot of goals though and how many points behind City were we? I think that is the fairly obvious point he was making.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #54: Sep 20, 2018 03:06:54 pm
      So beating Manc city twice home and away who broke all Prem records last season is an easy route. Every single post you inflict on this forum is always about how great you are and that you know better than anyone else. Your on ignore from now on the first and only time I have done this.

City aside it was a pretty easy group and route to the final, you can't really argue that. Sevilla main competition in groups, then Round of 16 Porto who were sh*te, City in quarter finals who were a serious test I'll grant you but then Roma who we made harder work of than it should have been and then Real Madrid who used their experience and dark arts and the supreme c**t Ramos to beat us, with the goalkeeper at the time being the main weak link.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #55: Sep 20, 2018 03:24:38 pm
      We conceded a hell of a lot of goals though and how many points behind City were we? I think that is the fairly obvious point he was making.

City had a historical season but didn't we have the most points and the best defense in the 2nd half after VVD and Karius became part of the first XI? We gave up 12 goals from open play in the last 19 games of the season, that is not a hell of a lot of goals. It is however, a hell of a lot of bullshit from you.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #56: Sep 20, 2018 04:46:56 pm
      City aside it was a pretty easy group and route to the final, you can't really argue that. Sevilla main competition in groups, then Round of 16 Porto who were sh*te, City in quarter finals who were a serious test I'll grant you but then Roma who we made harder work of than it should have been and then Real Madrid who used their experience and dark arts and the supreme c**t Ramos to beat us, with the goalkeeper at the time being the main weak link.
      City fall to pieces in CL as well. It's funny how Walton resorts to listing the team that Lyon beat yesterday. I remember in 2005 we had to go past a lot of tough teams. The funny thing is, Walton insinuated the result would have been the same with Mignolet.  :roll:
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #57: Sep 20, 2018 04:58:16 pm
      Thank god. I'm fedup of Walton, he spent years slagging off England just to become their biggest fan during the world cup! Picks parts of my replies because he wants to argue... Then insults. Good riddance.
      « Last Edit: Sep 20, 2018 05:26:15 pm by Ribapuru »
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #58: Sep 20, 2018 05:32:18 pm
      How dare you..Easy path my f**king arse..we f**king hammered everyone bar Mardid on route you tit..

We made it f**king look easy & will do again this season..
      We didn't hammer Roma. We lost 4-2, but won 7-6 on agg.. this was meant to be one of the easier possibilities too. Comparing it to this year our group is much harder this year and it's clear that's what I meant.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,660 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #59: Sep 20, 2018 07:41:55 pm
      NB: Team no longer available

I may be on a joint but Mane and Salah needs to know that nothing is certain in our team! It won't happen but that way I would play.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #60: Sep 20, 2018 09:00:35 pm
      We clearly deserved to best PSG but in our quite recent past, we were capable of losing to the likes of saints following a memorable result.
      I think we’re over that, and I do expect us to beat saints.
      Just worth remembering, don’t underestimate anyone in this league, and don’t take anything for granted !
      100% effort from everyone, whoever’s selected !
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #61: Sep 20, 2018 10:55:55 pm
      I take it Danny will not be available being on loan?.Having seen them against Brighton this could be anything if we finally click because they are awful with and even more awful manager
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #62: Sep 21, 2018 04:00:03 am
      The games are coming thick and fast. There will be plenty of changes against Chelsea in the league cup but id still make a few for Southampton too. Keep the squad fresh.

The back five stay the same for me presuming they're all fit and that there's no tiredness there. They've formed a great understanding with each other now and that is the one area on the pitch where you should never swap and change players every other game unless you have to.

The midfield id like some changes though. It's time for James Milner to come out. He would normally be first name on the team sheet for me but the last two fixtures he's ran his socks off and we should be able to cope with Southampton without him. There's much bigger games coming up where he will be needed. I know he's a machine but give the lad a breather. Keita comes back in.

Personally I'd take Henderson out too and give Fabinho a go. Southampton at home should be a comfortable fixture to make your full debut. Put him in the DM position and let's have a look at him.

I'd make two changes to the front three. First is taking salah out and giving shaqiri a start. Shaqiri has looked hungry when he's come on and it's just not quite falling for salah at the moment either. Maybe he could do with sitting a game or two out.

The second change is taking Daniel out and putting Bobby back in. I'm not sure Danny could cope with two games in a week and the last thing we need right now is our back up striker getting injured. With the league cup coming up it makes sense to start Daniel in that game too.

Alisson

Trent Gomez VVD Robbo

Wijnaldum Fabinho Keita

Shaqiri Firmino mane

PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #63: Sep 21, 2018 08:50:24 am
      I think people resting the likes of Salah for this need their head checked.

He can rest mid week for the cup game. These players are professional athletes. He can play Saturday at 3pm after a game on a Tuesday. They all can.

Southampton will not be pushovers. Go with our strongest and give all of them a full week off games until Chelsea 8 days later.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #64: Sep 21, 2018 09:00:36 am
      The games are coming thick and fast. There will be plenty of changes against Chelsea in the league cup but id still make a few for Southampton too. Keep the squad fresh.

The back five stay the same for me presuming they're all fit and that there's no tiredness there. They've formed a great understanding with each other now and that is the one area on the pitch where you should never swap and change players every other game unless you have to.

The midfield id like some changes though. It's time for James Milner to come out. He would normally be first name on the team sheet for me but the last two fixtures he's ran his socks off and we should be able to cope with Southampton without him. There's much bigger games coming up where he will be needed. I know he's a machine but give the lad a breather. Keita comes back in.

Personally I'd take Henderson out too and give Fabinho a go. Southampton at home should be a comfortable fixture to make your full debut. Put him in the DM position and let's have a look at him.

I'd make two changes to the front three. First is taking salah out and giving shaqiri a start. Shaqiri has looked hungry when he's come on and it's just not quite falling for salah at the moment either. Maybe he could do with sitting a game or two out.

The second change is taking Daniel out and putting Bobby back in. I'm not sure Danny could cope with two games in a week and the last thing we need right now is our back up striker getting injured. With the league cup coming up it makes sense to start Daniel in that game too.

Alisson

Trent Gomez VVD Robbo

Wijnaldum Fabinho Keita

Shaqiri Firmino mane

I would play Salah, only because Southampton gives him a great opportunity at home to find his shooting boots again which will of course give him the confidence moving into Chelsea, Napoli and City.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #65: Sep 21, 2018 10:49:58 am
      I think people resting the likes of Salah for this need their head checked.

He can rest mid week for the cup game. These players are professional athletes. He can play Saturday at 3pm after a game on a Tuesday. They all can.

Southampton will not be pushovers. Go with our strongest and give all of them a full week off games until Chelsea 8 days later.

If we were 6 points clear we could possibly rest a few but every single game now in the league is so important to us especially at home.
      Play the strongest possible team every league game.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,969 posts | 3944 
      Reply #66: Sep 21, 2018 10:56:22 am
      We didn't hammer Roma. We lost 4-2, but won 7-6 on agg.. this was meant to be one of the easier possibilities too. Comparing it to this year our group is much harder this year and it's clear that's what I meant.

We are infinitely better equipped this time round as the defeat of PSG illustrated, that is probably the best team in Europe right now.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #67: Sep 21, 2018 11:44:07 am
      We are infinitely better equipped this time round as the defeat of PSG illustrated, that is probably the best team in Europe right now.

Agreed, let’s not sugarcoat this. We dominated one of the top teams in the world.

F***ing amazing if you ask me. It’s official, Liverpool ARE the business
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #68: Sep 21, 2018 11:56:08 am
      Our post cl record should guarantee no complacency from anyone

Without question. But reading the comments, it's there. I have no doubt Klopp and staff are reminding the playing staff of this and taking the necessary steps to guard against it.

Quick Reply