Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W10 D9 L12

Pre-Match: Liverpool V Southampton (22/09/18 - 15:00)

Read 12745 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool V Southampton (22/09/18 - 15:00)
      Reply #92: Sep 22, 2018 10:20:36 am
      Is this the first game not televised so far this season. LFC TV have the audio and I think its going to be a goal fest for us as we continue to find our real form and someone like Southampton takes a battering. A full week off before the next league game so full strength team going for a big win.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #93: Sep 22, 2018 10:36:11 am
      Walton should be hung drawn and slaughtered for spreading malicious gossip. :f_tongueincheek: :laugh:
      Muzzman1969
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 919 posts | 41 
      Reply #94: Sep 22, 2018 10:36:39 am
      Expecting a strong side (can rest players in midweek), a confident display and a good win.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #95: Sep 22, 2018 10:42:16 am
      Please be aware, Walton's post above is false information. A lot of countries are televising this game, but not UK due to licensing. His comment insinuates it is not televised in all countries, which could be misleading to members of this forum outside of the UK.

I'm pretty sure anyone with brain power beyond Donald Trump could work that one out - I certainly knew what he meant. I know that my provider here down under has it covered, as will anyone else in any other country that has the mental fortitude to work it out prior to any game as we do week in, week out.

I'm super confident and also super nervous about this game. Think this is really one we need to go for to dispel a few of the demons that have been a part of Liverpool seasons the past few years. A good win here puts another nail in the coffin of Liverpool myths of recent years.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #96: Sep 22, 2018 11:04:17 am
      I'm pretty sure anyone with brain power beyond Donald Trump could work that one out - I certainly knew what he meant. I know that my provider here down under has it covered, as will anyone else in any other country that has the mental fortitude to work it out prior to any game as we do week in, week out.

I'm super confident and also super nervous about this game. Think this is really one we need to go for to dispel a few of the demons that have been a part of Liverpool seasons the past few years. A good win here puts another nail in the coffin of Liverpool myths of recent years.
      To be fair, not everyone has brain power beyond Mr Trump. I believe that we will win today... Not nervous about it. I put down 2-0, but I think I should probably change that to 3-0. Last year it would have been nervous, due to poor goalkeeping situation anything was possible, but we solved that weakness.
      « Last Edit: Sep 22, 2018 12:59:24 pm by Ribapuru »
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #97: Sep 22, 2018 12:56:45 pm
      Its another chance to show how much we have developed by putting in an aggressive performance and scoring a few goals.
      The line up will be interesting I don't think Jürgen will underestimate Southampton and he will go with the strongest team he can.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #98: Sep 22, 2018 02:00:22 pm
      The question about team selection is concentric with respecting the opposition, respecting the various competitions we are in, AND respecting sports science related to freshness/fatigue, human physiology and other performance issues. Jürgen's decisions have to be be made with each of these in mind. He can't just say, "this opponent could be dangerous so it's my top XI," or "I don't fancy this competition so it's backups."  He has to manage all of these factors and he has to do it in anticipation of how things change match to match.

That and I think we really should try to win the League Cup, meaning I don't think we should change the whole team midweek against one of our toughest opponents. Make a few changes now and a few then.

Quick Reply