Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

6 Games at a time. The next 6 PL Games

Read 1282 times
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      6 Games at a time. The next 6 PL Games
      Sep 25, 2018 01:42:12 pm
      I am more excited than at any time in the previous 20 years about the league. I am hopelessly pessimistic so for me to open a thread means something.

We have a perfect start and for me the real stand out win was of course Spurs away.

West Ham (H)
      Palace (A)
      Brighton (H)
      Leicester (A)
      Spurs (A)
      Southampton (H)

The only result we improved on from last year in terms of points was Spurs, its the next 6 that will tell us a lot.

I for one still think we are by no means in top gear attacking, it is just the defending and game management that has improved. I dont think we would have 18 points if we have not adjusted those 2 key aspects of our game.

For the next 6 I would take:

Chelsea (A) 1 point would be a decent result, 3 would lead to hysteria I think it will be   -  2-2
      Man City (H) a win here following Chelsea and I actually think the pressure on us would be a negative..... - 3-1
      Huddersfield (A) got to be a win - 3-0
      Cardiff (H) 3-0
      Arsenal (A) - tough game, but again a draw is not the end of the world - 1-1
      Fulham (H) - Tight but again home win - 2-0

so after 12 games we would have 32 points, be unbeaten and still be to top of the league...

Either way major injury aside we should enjoy what Jürgen has put together - a League trophy would be the perfect end to his first chapter of managing LFC
      Ebieahi
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | 45 
      Re: 6 Games at a time. The next 6 PL Games
      Reply #1: Sep 25, 2018 01:51:45 pm
      Im just as excited as the next guy, but in situations such as these, i would rather just take it one game at a time.
      The EPL is a tough league and it just takes a slice of luck or an off-day for a result to swing either way.
      My heart says, we will win the next 6...my head says we will win the next 1 at least :)
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #2: Sep 25, 2018 02:03:19 pm
      I disagree totally, just take 1 game at a time. Play as if there is no tomorrow. 32 wins left.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #3: Sep 25, 2018 02:08:08 pm
      What's the point in this thread?
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #4: Sep 25, 2018 03:00:25 pm
      What's the point in this thread?

Observe games in blocks but as I said, I disagree. No need to think about other games. We need to think about the next game only when we are playing in League Cup and Fa Cup.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #5: Sep 25, 2018 03:50:19 pm
      Just a way if tracking thresholds of results. I work in 9, 4-gane increments, with two throwaway tokens for the season (chosen only after we lose them).

Just keep winning boys, including tomorrow.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #6: Sep 25, 2018 03:53:31 pm
      Both Brendan and Klopp, and I assume other managers, try to take a 5 or 6 game block of games and aim for a points return.

I do remember reading somewhere last year that Klopp set a minimum 10 point target for each 5 game block irrespective of the opposition.  And you couldn't carry points over.  The bar has probably been raised a bit this season. 

Quick Reply