Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

FIFA 19

Read 14524 times
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      FIFA 19
      Sep 25, 2018 06:12:52 am

Just got the notification that this has been delivered to my house. F***ing meant to be home all day today but emergency had to be at work, but that's another story - should be getting home soon to the gorgeous f**ker waiting for me anyway!

Looks to be one of the more significantly updated FIFA games in recent years. Really looking forward to some of the "House Rules" game modes over a few beers, the Champions League licensing is finally in there - and of course, probably our best reds side in a FIFA game I would have to say, ever? A few years back the first thing I did was sell a sh*t load of players and buy who I wished Liverpool would go after - can't see myself doing too much of that straight off the bat for once!

If this F***ing c**t that turned up three hours late to fix the coffee machine at work would just finish already... I'll be home real soon baby ;D
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Re: FIFA 19
      Reply #1: Sep 25, 2018 07:10:30 am
      I’ve got the trial through EA Access, and it’s playing smoothly. I have 10 hours of gameplay for free then if I’m enjoyong it I’ll buy it and if not give pro evo a go
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #2: Sep 28, 2018 10:00:48 am
      Same year, same mindset...do I buy? I always end up buying in the end. :D
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #3: Sep 28, 2018 10:36:57 am
      Keita's a beast in this.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #4: Sep 28, 2018 10:51:13 am
      Same year, same mindset...do I buy? I always end up buying in the end. :D

I wish I could deal with PES and having to download option files and still not have all the lower leagues, but I like the depth and authenticity too much.

I hate how EA (as they are doing in all their sports games) now focus entirely on the FUT and online modes, with Career mode going backwards if anything. With that said, I've still reserved it and will pick it up after work...  :f_doh:
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #5: Sep 28, 2018 10:55:26 am
      Played pretty heavy the last few days, just my usual career mode graft.

Really liking/also frustrated with the updates to the touch and passing. It is brilliant in that it is far more realistic in it's randomness, and if you're slightly off balance when hitting 'defend' for a cross coming in, then you will scuff the F**k out of it and leave someone in on goal. Never has it been as touchy as it is in this edition, and it is incredibly frustrating in the most positive way :D Now that I've played a bit I've grown pretty used to it, essentially you've just gotta be better so it's not a bad thing! Passing is also far more sensitive to being slightly off with your direction, and how the player's body position is.

Otherwise, usual FIFA fun - with the obvious high profile updates that have grabbed the headlines. The one that I'm loving is the sound design - if you're playing away and are only leading 0-1, and the home team is grabbing some possession, the crowd noise really starts to pump up like they're urging the lads on. When the attack breaks down, the noise will cut out with an obvious groan around the stadium. Having surround sound setup with my PS4, it really gets some solid atmosphere going when you're playing.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #6: Sep 28, 2018 12:14:28 pm
      Played pretty heavy the last few days, just my usual career mode graft.

Really liking/also frustrated with the updates to the touch and passing. It is brilliant in that it is far more realistic in it's randomness, and if you're slightly off balance when hitting 'defend' for a cross coming in, then you will scuff the f**k out of it and leave someone in on goal. Never has it been as touchy as it is in this edition, and it is incredibly frustrating in the most positive way :D Now that I've played a bit I've grown pretty used to it, essentially you've just gotta be better so it's not a bad thing! Passing is also far more sensitive to being slightly off with your direction, and how the player's body position is.

Otherwise, usual FIFA fun - with the obvious high profile updates that have grabbed the headlines. The one that I'm loving is the sound design - if you're playing away and are only leading 0-1, and the home team is grabbing some possession, the crowd noise really starts to pump up like they're urging the lads on. When the attack breaks down, the noise will cut out with an obvious groan around the stadium. Having surround sound setup with my PS4, it really gets some solid atmosphere going when you're playing.

Sounds like presentation etc is all good as usual which I don't worry about.

But the career mode seems devoid of improvements from critic and fan reviews. Would you agree?
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #7: Sep 28, 2018 12:27:51 pm

Sounds like presentation etc is all good as usual which I don't worry about.

But the career mode seems devoid of improvements from critic and fan reviews. Would you agree?

There's nothing really new to it beyond what was added last year, no. Certainly does get neglected a bit with the online side being the cash-cow, but it's still fine.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #8: Sep 28, 2018 12:39:40 pm
      There's nothing really new to it beyond what was added last year, no. Certainly does get neglected a bit with the online side being the cash-cow, but it's still fine.

Problem with career mode is it is exceptionally unrealistic.

For example, if you start a career with say Newcastle, within three seasons you could have a front three of Mbappe, Lewandowski, Bale.

I've always said I'd love if Football Manager linked in with it for that part because transfers are just outrageous.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #9: Sep 28, 2018 12:41:43 pm
      Problem with career mode is it is exceptionally unrealistic.

For example, if you start a career with say Newcastle, within three seasons you could have a front three of Mbappe, Lewandowski, Bale.

I've always said I'd love if Football Manager linked in with it for that part because transfers are just outrageous.

A few years ago with how dire the LFC squad was, that was part of the fun :D
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #10: Sep 28, 2018 01:17:13 pm
      A few years ago with how dire the LFC squad was, that was part of the fun :D

Bring back Milan Jovanovic and Joe Cole!
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #11: Oct 18, 2018 05:03:38 am
      What’s the new journey series like?
      Haven’t tried it yet.
      Loved the prior ones.
      Have owned every fifa since it’s inception back in 1995...think that was the year.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #12: Oct 19, 2018 03:42:48 am
      I am unbelievably sh*te at this. Really, really sh*te.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #13: Oct 19, 2018 01:23:46 pm
      I am unbelievably sh*te at this. Really, really sh*te.

I am actually very very good but it is the only PS4 game I am good at.

I am absolutely sh*te at Call of Duty and games like that.

Anyone have specific favourite players that would be out of the norm? Gini Wijnaldum is a beast in the game. Would have him in any midfield three along with Pogba and Kante.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #14: Oct 19, 2018 08:45:06 pm
      Ultimate Team atm look like:

Kepa

Mendy
      Laporte
      David Luiz
      Trent

Keita
      Jorginho
      TOTW Sigurdson

Willian
      Vardy
      Sanchez

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #15: Oct 19, 2018 09:02:03 pm
      What’s the new journey series like?
      Haven’t tried it yet.
      Loved the prior ones.
      Have owned every fifa since it’s inception back in 1995...think that was the year.

Crikey! That's some commitment!

What have been the best/most memorable editions?
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #16: Oct 20, 2018 12:13:29 pm
      Ultimate Team atm look like:

Kepa

Mendy
      Laporte
      David Luiz
      Trent

Keita
      Jorginho
      TOTW Sigurdson

Willian
      Vardy
      Sanchez

Mine at the moment.

Had a better defence and Son but I've gutted most of my club to do the POTM SBC, just got one of those left to do and I'll have Hazard.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #17: Oct 20, 2018 12:35:55 pm
      Mine at the moment.

Had a better defence and Son but I've gutted most of my club to do the POTM SBC, just got one of those left to do and I'll have Hazard.

I got him on loan, he's class
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #18: Nov 05, 2018 01:37:53 am
      Crikey! That's some commitment!

What have been the best/most memorable editions?

Ha! I know...a bit of a nerd I suppose.
      Well every new version that comes out I initially hate for about a month but keep plugging away and then that version becomes my favorite!
      Gotta say that player Career mode was a game changer and the journey has been pretty great though limited. Wish the story wasn’t so preordained. Wish there was more opportunity for a player to do something different rather then end up at Real Madrid. Ugh
      But overall it’s pretty damn good.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #19: Dec 11, 2018 11:27:12 pm
      Going online now on PS4 for my inevitable beatings. If anyone is on add me and get your wins in.
      User: trefmactavish
      RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #20: Dec 23, 2018 08:59:05 pm
      What’s the ‘be a pro’ like on this?

I’ve played it on a few previous versions but always found it seriously lacking in logic I.e starting one match and then dropped the next for all internationals (despite being the teams best player)
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #21: Dec 23, 2018 09:48:31 pm
      What’s the ‘be a pro’ like on this?

I’ve played it on a few previous versions but always found it seriously lacking in logic I.e starting one match and then dropped the next for all internationals (despite being the teams best player)

Zero changes, same as all the other career modes unfortunately. The Champions League licence is about the only difference you'll notice. I'd love to recommend it but I can't, the focus is now on online modes - which I don't play, so if you do maybe you'd get more out of it - and it's debatable whether the changes to gameplay make it any better on the pitch.

RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #22: Dec 27, 2018 12:01:15 pm
      Zero changes, same as all the other career modes unfortunately. The Champions League licence is about the only difference you'll notice. I'd love to recommend it but I can't, the focus is now on online modes - which I don't play, so if you do maybe you'd get more out of it - and it's debatable whether the changes to gameplay make it any better on the pitch.

I also don’t play online modes really. Disappointing to hear that there are no changes AGAIN to career modes.

Not one on my list to buy then!

Quick Reply