Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Chelsea?

Simon Mignolet
      0 (0%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      1 (1.2%)
      Dejan Lovren
      0 (0%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)
      Alberto Moreno
      3 (3.6%)
       Fabinho
      1 (1.2%)
      James Milner
      2 (2.4%)
      Naby Keïta
      9 (10.7%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      10 (11.9%)
      Sadio Mane
      1 (1.2%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      57 (67.9%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 83

Voting closed: Sep 30, 2018 09:38:24 pm

Liverpool 1-2 Chelsea: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 22170 times
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Re: Liverpool 1-2 Chelsea: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #345: Sep 26, 2018 09:59:55 pm
      We lost because of the fuuuuuuuuuking ref & VAR. How can he give it as goal when two Chelsea players were offside.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #346: Sep 26, 2018 10:00:16 pm
      #1 Shaq is the real deal, get him involved more as an offensive midfielder
      #2 Clyne = TAA, it's flip coin for me
      #3 Keita has the potential to be a top5 player of the world soon, still a bit clumsy at times
      #4 Fabinho wasn't bad, but I don't see his potential to be better than Milner/Henderson/Gini, he'll warm the bench longerm
      #5 Moreno at least didn't get worse :)
      #6 Sturridge does look lazy at times, no idea why he doesn't at least once in a while give it a go and presses or sprints for a ball
      #7 Who cares about this useless Cup? My heart rate matched those of preseason, Saturday is where it counts
      #8 If Hazard wants to leave Chelsea, at least make a bid, he and Messi are the best in the world right now
      #9 Migs did quite alright, though I wonder if the Hazard's goal was possible to defend

Agree with most except 2 & 6
      TAA is way better than Clyne, and Sturrigde no longer has it in his legs to produce a desent sprint
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,420 posts | 3414 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #347: Sep 26, 2018 10:00:52 pm
      Extremely fu**ed off, taking mane off was ridiculous,  klopp's substitutions are poor, friend is a horrendous ref, missed the thrust from fb badly and don't get me started on that var non decision
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,162 posts | 1092 
      Reply #348: Sep 26, 2018 10:01:26 pm
      People are voting for Moreno just to get a rise out of me. That has to be it. U can’t be this dumb to think that he played anywhere near a competent game.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #349: Sep 26, 2018 10:02:47 pm
      Extremely fu**ed off, taking mane off was ridiculous,  klopp's substitutions are poor, friend is a horrendous ref, missed the thrust from fb badly and don't get me started on that var non decision

I was surprised Firmino came on for Mane tbh, thought it should have been Salah on for Mane, then move Milner left back and have Hendo on for Moreno!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #350: Sep 26, 2018 10:05:25 pm
      I was surprised Firmino came on for Mane tbh, thought it should have been Salah on for Mane, then move Milner left back and have Hendo on for Moreno!

Klopp's substitutions were all about protecting those for Saturday. I'd have done the same. In fact, I'd probably have taken Mane off earlier. Actually scratch that - I wouldn't have started him at all!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #351: Sep 26, 2018 10:05:45 pm
      So our B team lost to half the Chelsea A team and we still should have won, always sucks to lose but the league is far more important.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #352: Sep 26, 2018 10:06:05 pm
      Small margins lads and lasses

Sturridge and Shaq through on goal and they screw up.................Hazar d shows why he is one of the best in the league.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #353: Sep 26, 2018 10:07:36 pm
      Dodgy 30 minutes, followed by us controlling next 40 but we wasted too many chances, especially Mane who could of had a couple and how on earth Daniel miss open goal. Since we didn't kill off the game left them hanging around we couldn't close it out as we done week past they took their chances. Hazard did what he always does at Anfield and score a banger though those yellows Fabinho and Ketia picked up played a part in it cause both didn't commit to tackle him knowing foul would of resulted in 2nd yellow.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #354: Sep 26, 2018 10:07:49 pm

;D
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #355: Sep 26, 2018 10:10:04 pm

The two are not even in the same stratosphere...but it was good for a laugh.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #356: Sep 26, 2018 10:11:34 pm
      Dodgy 30 minutes, followed by us controlling next 40 but we wasted too many chances, especially Mane who could of had a couple and how on earth Daniel miss open goal. Since we didn't kill off the game left them hanging around we couldn't close it out as we done week past they took their chances. Hazard did what he always does at Anfield and score a banger though those yellows Fabinho and Ketia picked up played a part in it cause both didn't commit to tackle him knowing foul would of resulted in 2nd yellow.

Agree we can blame our defence but not only tonight so far this season the number of sitters we have been missing is getting embarrassing.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #357: Sep 26, 2018 10:13:34 pm
      Well let's hope that fires us up for the weekend

Oh YES.
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,047 posts | 339 
      Reply #358: Sep 26, 2018 10:18:24 pm
      Horrible feeling after that - I just hope our momentum and mentality survive that defeat intact for the weekend.  Trying to stay positive!  Thanks Alberto, and goodbye.
      TeslaPhysics
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 985 posts | 32 
      Reply #359: Sep 26, 2018 10:20:47 pm
      Damn, It seemed like Klopp was having a go at Shaqiri, and he looked stunned.

I saw that too, probably for being selfish imo
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #360: Sep 26, 2018 10:21:11 pm
      Wasnt happy with the starting line up but with three big games coming up I suppose we had no other choice than to make some changes.

The first half an hour I thought we were dreadful. Chelsea completely bossed us off the pitch and if they had a proper centre forward then we'd have been a goal or two down. Towards the end of the half we started to get a grip of things though and we probably went into break the better team.

Second half starts and we've gone up a few gears and deservedly take the lead. A great finish by Danny after he missed an open goal just moments earlier.

We seemed to be in control from then on but if you don't get a second goal then you're always in danger of not seeing the game out and that's what happened. Chelsea got a free kick which shouldn't have been a free kick and then they score from it where they had 2 or 3 players in offside positions and just like that it's 1-1.

It's anyone's game now and all it needs is a match winner. Somebody who will create or score a goal from nothing. Unfortunately for us, that man was hazard. And we lose 2-1.

Mignolet.  For me his time here was up two years ago and anybody who was looking forward to seeing him tonight have incredibly short memories in my opinion. That said, I don't blame him for either goal and he didn't do anything wrong. This should be Simons last game in a Liverpool shirt now.

Clyne. Same old same old. Defensively he is quite sound, he always has been. But my god he is dreadful at going forward and now you realise just how good young Trent is.

Matip. I thought matip played well tonight and was the better of the two centre halves.

Lovren. Didn't really notice him.

Moreno. When you get skinned half a dozen or so times by Victor F***ing Moses in the same match then it's time to call it a day. He isn't good enough, even as backup.

Fabinho. I thought he was very poor. He looked off the pace and it's no wonder he hasn't been getting any minutes. Plenty of running but he got nowhere near their men. His mobility looked poor. I also thought he was poor on the ball too. But look, it's his full debut tonight in a new country, it's going to take time.

Milner. After an explosive start to the season I thought he was a passenger tonight. Wasn't involved. Poor on the ball too, deliveries were crap.

Keita. By far the best out the midfield three. He should start every single game for me.

Shaqiri. Our best player by some way. Thought he had an excellent game. I wasn't that bothered when we signed shaqiri to be honest because I'd have preferred to have fekir who plays in a slightly different position, but I've come to realise shaqiri will be a big player for us this season and will be very useful.

Mane. He also had a good game. I won't forgive him for missing that chance in the second half though because he cost me 4 grand! I had £20 on six players to score tonight. Five of them did and the only one who didn't was sadio! Apart from that, he was fine ;D.

Sturridge. To be honest he wasn't involved for most of the game. He was good on the ball on some occasions, some nice hold up or possession play but he wasn't really posing that much of a threat. Missed an open goal but like any good striker bounces back and he scored a great goal just minutes later. He made it look very easy but it wasn't, he controlled it extremely well. He also smashed the bar with a great effort too. It's boss to see him score again but he does look like he's just lost a yard of pace to me now. Not making runs in behind etc. But his quality is still there.

To summarise, i won't lose any sleep over this loss but im still disappointed obviously. Moreno isn't good enough to play for this club again, Fabinho needs far more time bedding in, shaqiri is boss. That's about it.

We move on. Let's put this right and beat this gang of shithouses down at their place.

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #361: Sep 26, 2018 10:21:17 pm
      Horrible feeling after that - I just hope our momentum and mentality survive that defeat intact for the weekend.  Trying to stay positive!  Thanks Alberto, and goodbye.

Well our B team might be a bit down but our A team should be determined for revenge on Saturday.
      Scottbot

• 9,614 posts | 2159 
      Reply #362: Sep 26, 2018 10:21:38 pm
      I thought we were much the better side in the 2nd half but once again we were wasteful in front of goal and without our first choice back line you always felt that one goal might not be enough. Hard to attribute too much blame for the goals, the first was an excellent free kick and I saw a few having a pop at Mignolet but it was a close range save and no real opportunity to push the ball wide (I don't think Allisson would have done any better tbh). And the 2nd goal was simply outstanding from Hazzard, he is probably the best player in the league on current form.

Positives from the game. Studge continues to look sharp, scored a good goal, could have had a hattrick. He was even pressing the ball and made a couple of tackles (which is un heard of for Studge). Shakiri was a real livewire, played with a lot of tenacity and was comfortably our motm. Fabinho looked gangly and uncomfortable during the first half but he grew into the game and enjoyed a decent 20 minute spell in the build up to their equaliser. Keita showed his quality at various stages during the game, he appears not be first choice for the big games but he looks a player who can be a mainstay in our midfield for years to come.

No point dwelling on the negatives. Clearly we have got some defensive issues with our replacements. Can't be arsed to talk about Moreno. Clyne struggled but important to remember it's the first football for virtually the entire back four (with Matip only playing one game previously).   
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #363: Sep 26, 2018 10:22:34 pm
      The two are not even in the same stratosphere...but it was good for a laugh.

So in what is TAA better?  Faster, more precise, better crosses, better tackling? Or does mean younger = better for you? I don't see it, but of course in my comparison I do consider that Clyne does not have a regular game rhythm, that's huge. But his potential looks as good as TAA's.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #364: Sep 26, 2018 10:23:29 pm
      We literally threw that game away F***ing around at the back trying to keep possession and letting Chelsea get the upper hand.

Definitely need the First XI to go out and tw*t those rent-boy cu*ts on Saturday.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #365: Sep 26, 2018 10:25:38 pm
      So in what is TAA better?  Faster, more precise, better crosses, better tackling? Or does mean younger = better for you? I don't see it, but of course in my comparison I do consider that Clyne does not have a regular game rhythm, that's huge. But his potential looks as good as TAA's.

Trent is miles ahead of Clyne as an attacking full back.

Clyne is probably better defensively.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,543 posts | 725 
      Reply #366: Sep 26, 2018 10:27:54 pm
      Listen when you lose to a goal like Hazard's, accept it. We were the better team overall, but if you don't put it away, it don't count.

Moreno made it so easy though. Whats he training every day for?
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #367: Sep 26, 2018 10:28:43 pm

Double headed?

Quick Reply