Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Pre-Match: Chelsea V Liverpool (29/09/18 - 17:30)

Read 10057 times
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Re: Pre-Match: Chelsea V Liverpool (29/09/18 - 17:30)
      Reply #23: Sep 27, 2018 10:09:03 pm
      Shaq is not going to be starting in the midfield...not a chance.

Swap Keita & Gini for Hendo and Shaqiri would be closer to the team I would start.
      That maybe so but I would like as we saw in the Southampton game to see him there and again given a free role, remember they will have sideshow bob(Luis) out there and it would help pin them back somewhat

Edit :- could even have him man mark Hazard, both tricky, both have a low centre of gravity, could work to a degree
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #24: Sep 27, 2018 10:16:30 pm
      That maybe so but I would like as we saw in the Southampton game to see him there and again given a free role, remember they will have sideshow bob(Luis) out there and it would help pin them back somewhat

Edit :- could even have him man mark Hazard, both tricky, both have a low centre of gravity, could work to a degree

Different opposition, can't be as careless as we were against Southampton, hence why I don't think Shaqiri will start.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #25: Sep 27, 2018 10:27:10 pm
      We'll F***ing smash them.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #26: Sep 27, 2018 10:34:35 pm
      I cant stand Chelsea
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #27: Sep 27, 2018 11:31:40 pm
      I wager the mid-field is going to be Hendo/Gini/Milner; lot's of discipline needed and probably why the gaffer gave Hendo/Milner 45 minutes but Keita played the full 90.

Seems about right to me. Keita to come on for Milner at around 70 mins.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #28: Sep 28, 2018 12:05:21 am
      I think you are still stuck in the past, I haven't been banging on about Jorginho since he joined Chelsea, nor have I been watching him play regularly like how I did when he was at Napoli, but please, do prove me wrong and quote the amount of times I have been mentioninghim  in pretty much every second post this season or since he joined Chelsea?

FYI, the player I have been banging on about is Fabinho :)

Oh, and we are playing Chelsea, so yeah, there is gonna be some Jorginho talk from me, I guess you have to just deal with it and not get so angry over nothing.

Why not focus on Hazard and Alonso then, since we are discussing Chelsea, they are the main threat in my opinion.
      Anyway you like Jorginho, you are pissed we didn't buy him, but please just find another way of coping with it.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #29: Sep 28, 2018 12:09:06 am
      Seems about right to me. Keita to come on for Milner at around 70 mins.

Henderson and Milner are a horrible combination in midfield, far to defensive. I'd go Wijnaldum, Milner and Keita.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #30: Sep 28, 2018 12:11:40 am
      Why not focus on Hazard and Alonso then, since we are discussing Chelsea, they are the main threat in my opinion.
      Anyway you like Jorginho, you are pissed we didn't buy him, but please just find another way of coping with it.

If you have been watching Napoli and Chelsea this season, you will know why I mentioned Jorginho over Hazard and Alonso.

Would you also please be kind enough to show the posts where I am pissed at us not signing Jorginho and the multiple times I have been posting about him this season?

I am really confused, a mere mention on a game and a certain player has got you very triggered where you go mental and spout out lies, and going by your history, you come across as a very angry and aggressive person :(  I feel sorry for you :(
      « Last Edit: Sep 28, 2018 12:56:59 am by PurpleMonkey »
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #31: Sep 28, 2018 12:17:12 am
      Their offensive starts with hazard and at times ends with him scoring. Mark him tightly and dont even allow him a yard of space and we would probably reduce their effectiveness by half. Don't allow him the space to twist and turn to find the open space to make the final pass. While hazard twist and turn their other players will move around to look for open space to run into to receive the final pass from him.

Just my opinion, hazard is their most vital and also weakest weapon. Rob him off the ball, he cannot defend and we would probably just gone pass the halfway line and switch to offensive. Their defence is suspect.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #32: Sep 28, 2018 12:45:27 am
      Keep Hazzard quiet and we will win.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #33: Sep 28, 2018 05:09:09 am
      Unfortunately they go into this game with the mental edge over us now. Vital we win this game, biggest game of the season so far. City have a much easier game, as do Spurs so we could easily find ourselves down in 3rd with Arsenal and Spurs having closed the gap on us by the end of the weekend.

Must win, go for the throat and give them the defeat we owe them.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #34: Sep 28, 2018 07:46:43 am
      If we have our usual back 5 out then I won’t be too worried about Hazard. He won’t to do Robertson what he done to Moreno. Look at what we restricted Neymar, Cavani and Mbappe to just a few weeks back. Sheer misfortune on our part was the only reason Mbappe got on the score sheet. Other than that, the 3 of them didn’t have a sighter.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #35: Sep 28, 2018 08:31:17 am
      Henderson and Milner are a horrible combination in midfield, far to defensive. I'd go Wijnaldum, Milner and Keita.

I honestly would too but because Keita played the full 90 Wednesday, just cannot see him starting.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #36: Sep 28, 2018 08:50:00 am
      There is an argument to starting Shaqiri with Gini and Milner/Hendo holding.

He caused them problems and looks very much in form at the moment.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #37: Sep 28, 2018 09:21:32 am
      After watching last night, Keita deserves to start before Hendo. Imo Hendo had a stinker and was easily wound up by Hazard. I thought Keita did very well in the second half. Not much he could do for Hazard's goal with him being on a yellow.

I think Hendo was wound up at that fuckwit ref Kevin Friend who kept giving them everything especially when Hazard kept doing his usual and falling over at the slightlest touch.

Personally I like to see our players giving some sh*t to that lot.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #38: Sep 28, 2018 09:35:25 am
      Keita should start ahead of either Hendo or Milly we need his class in midfield.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #39: Sep 28, 2018 09:39:17 am
      NB: Team no longer available

We need to show them who we are!
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #40: Sep 28, 2018 09:40:12 am
      Huh? What was wrong with my post talking about the pros and cons  of their key player? Why are you so triggered? wtf? :o
      Jorginho is not their KEY player...
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #41: Sep 28, 2018 10:31:55 am
      We have to win this game otherwise resting players in the league cup is going to look very daft.

The team picks itself for me.

The back five come in again.

The midfield three I'll go with gini in the 6, Keita and Milner alongside him.

The usual front three.

Alisson

Trent
      VVD
      Gomez
      Robertson

Gini
      Milner
      Keita

Salah
      Bobby
      Mane

Playing Henderson in this game is a big worry. Chelsea press high up the pitch now and they play with a high line. Henderson isn't the most comfortable in possession but gini is. Gini very rarely loses the ball so it's an absolute must that he plays for me.

Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #42: Sep 28, 2018 10:49:01 am

Had literally typed this, scrolled up and saw your post :D

Jorginho is a good player who already looks comfortable in their team, but he hasn't had to deal with opposition with our ability to press. The key is to win that midfield battle, cut the supply to Hazard, force him to come deep to pick the ball up and make sure we get to him as far up the pitch as possible. Nullify Hazard and Chelsea are pretty toothless.

Should be an entertaining game and I expect a few goals.
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #43: Sep 28, 2018 11:02:55 am
      Unfortunately they go into this game with the mental edge over us now.

I hope their mental edge if any, is cockiness leading to taking us for granted.

It's going to be different as we will be starting with a completely different back 5 and players who are less prone to losing concentration and making mistakes. Because of this, I don't think they have any significant mental edge over us. I hope their mental edge stems from nothing but self delusion.

Our best 11 will rip them apart.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #44: Sep 28, 2018 11:07:30 am
      If you have been watching Napoli and Chelsea this season, you will know why I mentioned Jorginho over Hazard and Alonso.

Would you also please be kind enough to show the posts where I am pissed at us not signing Jorginho and the multiple times I have been posting about him this season?

I am really confused, a mere mention on a game and a certain player has got you very triggered where you go mental and spout out lies, and going by your history, you come across as a very angry and aggressive person :(  I feel sorry for you :(

You have mentioned Jorginho in a lot of posts, do you deny this. I also remember you saying how bitterly disappointed you were that we didn't sign him. Those kind of posts do irritate me a bit, especially when we have suprerb midfielders of our own who should perhaps be praising more than opposition midfielders.
      Anyway lets move on, you'll get your chance to drool over Jorginho on Saturday whilst I will appreciate our perfectly balanced and well tuned team who I feel will get the win.

PS No need to feel sorry for me my friend, my life is very good, but thanks for the concern.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #45: Sep 28, 2018 11:09:44 am

I know its kind of shithouse tactics but I'd consider man marking the little git, the question is who to do that job, needs to be a skilful player, but also a calm player, perhaps Gini?

Quick Reply