Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Pre-Match: Chelsea V Liverpool (29/09/18 - 17:30)

Read 10206 times
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: Pre-Match: Chelsea V Liverpool (29/09/18 - 17:30)
      Reply #46: Sep 28, 2018 11:11:42 am
      Unfortunately they go into this game with the mental edge over us now. Vital we win this game, biggest game of the season so far. City have a much easier game, as do Spurs so we could easily find ourselves down in 3rd with Arsenal and Spurs having closed the gap on us by the end of the weekend.

Must win, go for the throat and give them the defeat we owe them.

Mental edge my arse, they beat our B team, certainly our B defence, they'll have a whole different challenge on Saturday, I just really hope Bobby and Mo turn up for this game, can't leave it all to Sadio. I'd also be very tempted to play Shaq, I think he could cause them a lot of problems buzzing about.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #47: Sep 28, 2018 11:37:36 am
      Henderson and Milner are a horrible combination in midfield, far to defensive. I'd go Wijnaldum, Milner and Keita.

Do you really think Milner is defensive? He works to get the ball back if that is what you mean. But look at his stats in passing, chances created, assists. He's a two-way midfielder and a good one. Plays a different role in the team than Henderson, so..not too defensive for me.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,154 posts | 259 
      Reply #48: Sep 28, 2018 11:38:02 am
                                                             Alisson
                                               TAA-Gomez-VVD-Robbo
                                                  Shaqiri-Hendo-Milly
                                                  Salah-Mané-Bobby

Gini is definitely start, IMO.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #49: Sep 28, 2018 11:38:38 am
      NB: Team no longer available

We need to show them who we are!

This is my team as well, but Virgil missing training this morning so has to be listed as a major doubt for tomorrow's match. Sorry to bear bad news. Hopefully he can fight through it.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #50: Sep 28, 2018 11:40:03 am
      Unfortunately they go into this game with the mental edge over us now.
      Their A team beat our B team. No mental edge from that.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #51: Sep 28, 2018 11:48:25 am
      Do you really think Milner is defensive? He works to get the ball back if that is what you mean. But look at his stats in passing, chances created, assists. He's a two-way midfielder and a good one. Plays a different role in the team than Henderson, so..not too defensive for me.

Milner without Henderson is not that defensive, and indeed has probably been our best midfielder so far, but for whatever reason when they play together they both become very passive and negative, its quite odd. Its a bit similar to Lampard and Stevie G in the England team, it just didn't quite work, sometimes that happens.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #52: Sep 28, 2018 11:52:22 am
      Milner without Henderson is not that defensive, and indeed has probably been our best midfielder so far, but for whatever reason when they play together they both become very passive and negative, its quite odd. Its a bit similar to Lampard and Stevie G in the England team, it just didn't quite work, sometimes that happens.
      It's Hendo with anybody, not just Milner. When he plays the team mentality changes.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #53: Sep 28, 2018 11:58:11 am
      It's Hendo with anybody, not just Milner. When he plays the team mentality changes.

Yes and no, if he plays with creative midfielders then he's ok at playing that anchoring role, pressuring opposition and keeping the ball ticking over etc, but with Milner you just end up with 2 DM's who pass sideways and backwards, now if they had Shaq or Keita in front of them then that might work but its still to negative for my liking.
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #54: Sep 28, 2018 12:30:03 pm

I would love to have the time to do this properly - perhaps Rib could as he loves a bit of research!

Henderson and Milner started together v Porto (0-5), v Man City (3-0), v Roma (5-2 & 4-2) as well as games v Brighton (1-5) and Huddersfield (3-0). Taking just that Champions League run alone we scored 15 and conceded just 4.

Not the whole picture, but it certainly doesn't give the impression of being passive or negative, does it?
      tomx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,291 posts | 237 
      Reply #55: Sep 28, 2018 12:37:26 pm
      With VVD i'm confident in good result, but without him i don't look forward.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #56: Sep 28, 2018 12:53:49 pm
      You have mentioned Jorginho in a lot of posts, do you deny this.

Remind me, was this after or before we bought Fabinho?

Its because every second post you mention Jorginho, its getting a bit boring. I agree hes a good player but its like someone droning on and on and on about Messi, its not really that relevant.

Still waiting for you to point me to the direction where I post about the legendary Jorginho in every second post, before and after Fabinho joined us, it should be in my history, and you will have no problems finding all those mentions as they are in every second post, right?

I also remember you saying how bitterly disappointed you were that we didn't sign him. Those kind of posts do irritate me a bit, especially when we have suprerb midfielders of our own who should perhaps be praising more than opposition midfielders.
      Anyway lets move on, you'll get your chance to drool over Jorginho on Saturday whilst I will appreciate our perfectly balanced and well tuned team who I feel will get the win.

PS No need to feel sorry for me my friend, my life is very good, but thanks for the concern.

I don't remember saying how bitterly disappointed we was in not signing Jorginho after we signed Fabinho, would you be kind enough to quote me?

I just scanned 30+ pages of my history , and you are so full of sh*t, I would advise you to do the same before you spout out lies. In fact, my history shows 2-3 posts on Jorginho before this thread and me being more appreciative of our midfield than you  :lmao:

Anyway, I agree, for your benefit and to stop you from looking like a fool and liar, I think we should move on, but an apology would be nice, thanks :)
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #57: Sep 28, 2018 01:02:45 pm
      I would love to have the time to do this properly - perhaps Rib could as he loves a bit of research!

Henderson and Milner started together v Porto (0-5), v Man City (3-0), v Roma (5-2 & 4-2) as well as games v Brighton (1-5) and Huddersfield (3-0). Taking just that Champions League run alone we scored 15 and conceded just 4.

Not the whole picture, but it certainly doesn't give the impression of being passive or negative, does it?

I can only comment on what my eyes tell me, and they tell me that those 2 do not work well together.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #58: Sep 28, 2018 01:04:32 pm
      Keita should start ahead of either Hendo or Milly we need his class in midfield.

Keep Milner in, he's been our best midfielder so far this season.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #59: Sep 28, 2018 01:08:07 pm
      Remind me, was this after or before we bought Fabinho?

Still waiting for you to point me to the direction where I post about the legendary Jorginho in every second post, before and after Fabinho joined us, it should be in my history, and you will have no problems finding all those mentions as they are in every second post, right?

I don't remember saying how bitterly disappointed we was in not signing Jorginho after we signed Fabinho, would you be kind enough to quote me?

I just scanned 30+ pages of my history , and you are so full of sh*t, I would advise you to do the same before you spout out lies. In fact, my history shows 2-3 posts on Jorginho before this thread and me being more appreciative of our midfield than you  :lmao:

Anyway, I agree, for your benefit and to stop you from looking like a fool and liar, I think we should move on, but an apology would be nice, thanks :)

Wow you really won't let this go will you, talk about insecurity. I know what you've said about Jorginho, and by the way it was after we'd signed Fabinho, I've read it in multiple posts from you, I have neither the time nor inclination to go trawling through the archives as I have more important things to be doing, but if it makes you feel all warm and fuzzy then I offer you my most heartfelt apologies.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #60: Sep 28, 2018 01:16:06 pm
      Wow you really won't let this go will you, talk about insecurity. I know what you've said about Jorginho, and by the way it was after we'd signed Fabinho, I've read it in multiple posts from you, I have neither the time nor inclination to go trawling through the archives as I have more important things to be doing, but if it makes you feel all warm and fuzzy then I offer you my most heartfelt apologies.

Well, you are the one calling me out and lying, and if you are not willing to back that up, I guess someone has to. Just go search through my first 20 posts (not that much actually, and more if you cba), and it actually shows you for what you are.

PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #61: Sep 28, 2018 01:22:40 pm
      Milly and Gini certs to start this. Anyone leaving them out has not watched us this season.

I believe Klopp will partner Hendo with them as he did not start Wednesday and Keita did.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #62: Sep 28, 2018 01:22:50 pm
      Well, you are the one calling me out and lying, and if you are not willing to back that up, I guess someone has to. Just go search through my first 20 posts (not that much actually, and more if you cba), and it actually shows you for what you are.

I'm not lying at all, I genuinely believe that you have mentioned Jorginho on multiple occasions previously, I had a look through your posts but could not find it, perhaps they was deleted or the search doesn't show all posts, I don't know.
      In any case if I am mistaken then I apologise, for a second and final time. Now that is an end to it, can we get back to posting about the match now?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #63: Sep 28, 2018 01:23:47 pm
      Milly and Gini certs to start this. Anyone leaving them out has not watched us this season.

I believe Klopp will partner Hendo with them as he did not start Wednesday and Keita did.

I'm sure Keita can manage 2 games in a week or perhaps Shaq?
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,761 posts | 886 
      Reply #64: Sep 28, 2018 01:25:37 pm
      Daniel Sturridge is scoring 1 every 60 minutes.. could do a job again against Chelsea.

Expect the team to be the usual PL starting 11 though. Only doubt of course is VVD.

PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #65: Sep 28, 2018 01:27:05 pm
      I'm sure Keita can manage 2 games in a week or perhaps Shaq?

I'm sure he can but I don't think he will start. Just my opinion. Would like him to though.

Don't think Klopp would trust Shaqiri in a midfield three for such a big game yet and again he played 90mins Wednesday. Wouldn't start him myself either.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #66: Sep 28, 2018 01:27:43 pm
      I'm not lying at all, I genuinely believe that you have mentioned Jorginho on multiple occasions previously, I had a look through your posts but could not find it, perhaps they was deleted or the search doesn't show all posts, I don't know.
      In any case if I am mistaken then I apologise, for a second and final time. Now that is an end to it, can we get back to posting about the match now?

Even better, you can't delete posts that far back....

Oh, and apology not accepted. I actually liked you as a poster before the world cup , and turned a blind eye to some of your random angry aggressive posts, but whatever, I shall be ignoring you from now on, cya!  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      « Last Edit: Sep 28, 2018 01:32:49 pm by PurpleMonkey »
      Mickred
      • Forum John Barnes

• 414 posts | 53 
      Reply #67: Sep 28, 2018 01:29:56 pm
      I can see us winning this one 3-1, mark my words.

YNWA
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #68: Sep 28, 2018 01:38:29 pm
      Even better, you can't delete posts that far back....

Oh, and apology not accepted. I actually liked you as a poster before the world cup , and turned a blind eye to some of your random angry aggressive posts, but whatever, I shall be ignoring you from now on, cya!  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

Incapable of accepting an apology, oh dear, that's not good. That demonstrates huge insecurity and an overly defensive attitude. I'd love to know more about what led you to this point, perhaps some kind of abandonment issues. I feel sorry for you and hope you can develop your ego to a more robust level, it would serve you well.

BTW are you going to ignore me in a Stuey styley where you constantly comment on my posts whilst reminding people that you are ignoring me? ;-)

Quick Reply