Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Chelsea?

Alisson
      43 (35.8%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      2 (1.7%)
      Joe Gomez
      2 (1.7%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      18 (15%)
      Andy Robertson
      1 (0.8%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      10 (8.3%)
      James Milner
      1 (0.8%)
      Jordan Henderson
      1 (0.8%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      0 (0%)
      Naby Keïta
      0 (0%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      41 (34.2%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      1 (0.8%)

Total Members Voted: 118

Voting closed: Oct 03, 2018 07:20:56 pm

Chelsea 1-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 27049 times
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,817 posts | 471 
      Re: Chelsea 1-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #391: Sep 29, 2018 07:30:10 pm
      Comes Monday, Studge is the official striker coach. Starts with some intensive shooting practice.

Give him a chance on goal, I would say his scoring percentage is near 90%. The man can still finish.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,277 posts | 799 
      Reply #392: Sep 29, 2018 07:30:13 pm
      Yes!!! Srurrudge!! As soon as Henderson comes off..

Wankpuffin
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #393: Sep 29, 2018 07:30:46 pm
      Our front three couldn’t play on their defence’s shoulder today because they start at running back to goal early. Am sure Jürgen will sort our attack out.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #394: Sep 29, 2018 07:30:57 pm
      Going to that broken bridge and came away with a draw is definitely a very good result. We gave their defence too much respect in my personal opinion. If we had harassed them more they would have crumbled.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #395: Sep 29, 2018 07:31:08 pm
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #396: Sep 29, 2018 07:31:20 pm
      And that's why I said as far as natural ability goes, Sturridge is ahead of Kane.

He could be immense for us this season if he stays fit.

You're absolutely right. Probably the most naturally gifted and most technically superior striker English football has ever had and he showed it again there. He never scores the same goal twice. Crying shame what injury has done to mask that fact.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #397: Sep 29, 2018 07:31:25 pm
      Well I thing Bobby was very poor today, as were the front three...The substitutions were wrong in that should have been Shaqiri for Henderson leaving Mo on what the F**k was Jergun thinking..??
      Keita should have come on for Gini, think overall his passing was poor though he worked hard... Sturridge rescued a point that on the whole we did not deserve, we were too poor in too may area, and aloud them to dictate the pace of the game
      Jimsouse67

• 9,490 posts | 1478 
      Reply #398: Sep 29, 2018 07:31:32 pm
      We needed to stop trying to walk it in and have a go.

Up stepped Sturridge!!! Wonder goal!!!!
      Like his midweek goal ....F***ing outrageous wonder if he will start against Napoli.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,517 posts | 1508 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #399: Sep 29, 2018 07:32:00 pm
      Me when Studge scores

rossyred

• 9,292 posts | 1664 
      Reply #400: Sep 29, 2018 07:32:03 pm
      Big point that joint top and let's not forget been to Leicester, palace,spurs and now Chelsea we are doing fine
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #401: Sep 29, 2018 07:32:33 pm
      Can't fault the defense or the mid-field in this match.

How wasteful the front 3? 5-6 quality chances just wasted; on another day its 3-1.

Need to pull all three of them from training this week from the rest and just F***ing take shooting practice.
      Fourbrick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 845 posts | 235 
      Reply #402: Sep 29, 2018 07:33:12 pm
      Fukn brilliant goal that from Studge! I would take the point in the 89th but we really should have taken our chances.

Influence of Keita was massive and that sub should have come at half time. Hendo offers nothing in that position.

Totally agree. Jordan is too conservative. Plays 90% of his passes backwards.
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #403: Sep 29, 2018 07:33:19 pm
      Well I thing Bobby was very poor today, as were the front three...The substitutions were wrong in that should have been Shaqiri for Henderson leaving Mo on what the f**k was Jergun thinking..??
      Keita should have come on for Gini, think overall his passing was poor though he worked hard... Sturridge rescued a point that on the whole we did not deserve, we were too poor in too may area, and aloud them to dictate the pace of the game

W didn’t lose, and will have time to sort out ourselves against this type of tactics.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #404: Sep 29, 2018 07:33:32 pm

mate what exactly are you doing?
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Re: Live: Chelsea V Liverpool
      Reply #405: Sep 29, 2018 07:33:54 pm
      Well I was dissapointed with that performance. Have to say, Hendo was decent first half, but should have been hooked after 55. Done F**k all after the break. Mo off the pace, Bob poor by his standards, Mane never stopped but passing and shooting way off.
      Allison, VVD, Gomez all solid, Gini motm for me.
      Even Robbo and Trent not at their best today.
      Keita makes a huge difference with his more astute passing and driving forward with the ball. Could have been a different outcome if he had started.
      Millie never stopped trying and was often chasing back to cover another poor pass from someone else.
      Shaqu. Trying too hard I think, overdoing it.
      Studge ! Not much you can say really, just f**king amazing !
      And his new slim look and upped work rate is certainly working !
      rossyred

• 9,292 posts | 1664 
      Reply #406: Sep 29, 2018 07:34:06 pm
      We needed to stop trying to walk it in and have a go.

Up stepped Sturridge!!! Wonder goal!!!!

Exactly right needed to pull the trigger more often
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #407: Sep 29, 2018 07:35:02 pm
      Going to that broken bridge and came away with a draw is definitely a very good result. We gave their defence too much respect in my personal opinion. If we had harassed them more they would have crumbled.

That midfield three doesn't provide enough innovation or enterprise but they will offer sweat and hard work. Hendo is particularly good at keeping the formation pressed in the opposition as he's always prepared on the clearance to just knock it off his boot and start us again. However when we're building play with us on the ball there is far too much passing behind the lines from Jordan and that will suit any team whether they're Chelsea or Huddersfield. I was really happy with the more positive impact Keita had when he came on and some may feel aggrieved that he didn't start today but I suppose with Jürgen it's a case of slowly blending him in. He's had a decent start to the season has Keita but I feel that as the season goes on he'll be the first name on the team sheet.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #408: Sep 29, 2018 07:35:04 pm
      W didn’t lose, and will have time to sort out ourselves against this type of tactics.
      Would have been nice to have fu**ed them at their ground  :)
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #409: Sep 29, 2018 07:36:24 pm
      Does Shaq claim an assist ?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #410: Sep 29, 2018 07:38:31 pm
      That midfield three doesn't provide enough innovation or enterprise but they will offer sweat and hard work. Hendo is particularly good at keeping the formation pressed in the opposition as he's always prepared on the clearance to just knock it off his boot and start us again. However when we're building play with us on the ball there is far too much passing behind the lines from Jordan and that will suit any team whether they're Chelsea or Huddersfield. I was really happy with the more positive impact Keita had when he came on and some may feel aggrieved that he didn't start today but I suppose with Jürgen it's a case of slowly blending him in. He's had a decent start to the season has Keita but I feel that as the season goes on he'll be the first name on the team sheet.

I just think Our midfield three are there not to be creative they are there to support but to remain solid. Our front three are supported more by our wing backs and it works but you need our midfield three to cover for them and they do it well and Jürgen sets his side up like this
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #411: Sep 29, 2018 07:39:19 pm
      You're absolutely right. Probably the most naturally gifted and most technically superior striker English football has ever had and he showed it again there. He never scores the same goal twice. Crying shame what injury has done to mask that fact.

I don't want to slate the lad, but it's always seemed to me that he's a bit of a lazy, soft f**ker.

Is it just coincidence that he's fit and producing the goods in the last year of his contract?
      I'd hate to think so, but the cynic inside me can't help but wonder.

Putting that aside, it was a genuinely world class strike, an absolute F***ing beauty.
      Jimsouse67

• 9,490 posts | 1478 
      Reply #412: Sep 29, 2018 07:39:27 pm
      Would have been nice to have fu**ed them at their ground  :)
      Not to worry mate they'll be F***ing each other later tonight instead  being the racist rentboys they are 👍
      DanMann

• 5,761 posts | 886 
      Reply #413: Sep 29, 2018 07:39:33 pm
      Massively relieved to have not lost that today. Slightly disappointed that we've not carried on our 100% record, but hey, it wasn't going to last forever. Considering we faced losing twice to Chelsea in one week, I'm delighted to see Sturridge ping that one into the net.

Wasn't that his first touch of the ball again??! Unbelievable.

Can't believe Klopp doesn't play him more. 85 minutes before his introduction today, and he hardly had a chance in that time. But when he did, we get the goals.

Thought the front 3 were each too wasteful today. Just don't get what is going on with them.

Also thought the performance was fairly poor. We were slow and laboured. Missed big chances. Frustrating night really!!

Quick Reply