Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Pre Match : Napoli v Liverpool : 3rd Oct : 20.00

Read 10082 times
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Re: Pre Match : Napoli v Liverpool : 3rd Oct : 20.00
      Reply #23: Oct 01, 2018 04:21:00 pm
      By "got us to the champions league final" do you mean the 4-2 loss in Roma?

So you’re picking out that loss and ignoring all the wins that got us that far. High brow intellect right there. Childish doesn’t even cover it, come back with some big boy pants on next time squirt.
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #24: Oct 01, 2018 05:09:11 pm
      Same Gini, Hendo & Milner that got us the last Champions League final?..😕

Despite the same Gini, Hendo & Milner we got the last CL run, not because of them. They are decent, no doubt, but not top quality because they are 3 "workers", what we need is 2 "workers" and one magician. Keita or Shaq could fill in that role. I bet Jürgen thinks the same way. You can almost feel how he'd love to ax Henderson, but can't because of his status.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,291 posts | 763 
      Reply #25: Oct 01, 2018 05:33:40 pm
      Maybe a 2  0 win for the Reds, especially as Salah's goals, have dried up a little recently. Someone will surely score on Wednesday night,  against Napoli.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #26: Oct 01, 2018 05:51:58 pm
      I would start with Studge in place of booby and Keita for Hendo.

Will not be an easy game though, but we can do it!!
      I'd start with Firmino, because Sturridge is better than anybody at scoring a goal coming off the bench. He destroys tired defenses... If he started I'm not sure he would be as effective and we'd be left with a weaker bench.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #27: Oct 01, 2018 05:56:18 pm
      I think you will see a couple changes from the team that faced Chelsea on the weekend, I expect Shaqiri and Ketia to be put back in the starting line-up. Going to be a very tough match Napoli are a solid team with a lot of good attacking talent and this is a must win for them after dropping points to Red Star so i expect them to come out intense. I think line-up could be something like this

----------------Alisson----------------
      TAA------VvD--------Gomez---Robbo
      -------Ketia---Hendo----Gini---------
      Salah----------Firmino--------Shaqiri
      I understand why you would bench Mane. In the last game he refused to pass to a player who had an easy chance at goal... That was at 44 minutes if anybody cares to look. I can't be doing with that kind of football and it's happened a few times this season. It's annoying because his potential is outrageous... I'm sure Klopp must have been furious. Other option is to give him a verbal bollocking and start him I guess.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #28: Oct 01, 2018 06:04:35 pm
      I really hope you are right because we'll need someone to score some goals against Citeh. If Bobby and Mo fail again on Wednesaday then I'd be very tempted to shuffle the pack and start Sturridge and Shaq against Citeh.
      I'm not sure benching Salah is a good idea yet. 3 goals in 7 games is bad for Salah, but considering he is not center forward I don't think many players will do much better. Salah has potential, he will realise it. This season will be tougher though because he's going to be marked a lot.. when he plays often 2 men are in his proximity, he's creating a lot  of space just by being picked, it's almost like playing against 10 men.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,408 posts | 3405 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #29: Oct 01, 2018 06:09:13 pm
      I really hope you are right because we'll need someone to score some goals against Citeh. If Bobby and Mo fail again on Wednesaday then I'd be very tempted to shuffle the pack and start Sturridge and Shaq against Citeh.

We need to score goals ?, wow thanks for pointing that out mate
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,807 posts | 1402 
      Reply #30: Oct 01, 2018 06:49:06 pm
      I'd start with Firmino, because Sturridge is better than anybody at scoring a goal coming off the bench. He destroys tired defenses... If he started I'm not sure he would be as effective and we'd be left with a weaker bench.

Like against PSG where Sturridge started and scored a goal in the 30th minute then Firmino came in from the bench and scored the winner?
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #31: Oct 01, 2018 07:20:10 pm
      Like against PSG where Sturridge started and scored a goal in the 30th minute then Firmino came in from the bench and scored the winner?

😂
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,165 posts | 8548 
      Reply #32: Oct 01, 2018 08:06:09 pm
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #33: Oct 02, 2018 12:33:45 am
      Was that a midfield which included Ox or Wijnaldum? You see this is my point if you have some creativity, Ox, then it sort of works but with those 3, Wijnaldum, Milner and Henderson we lack any creativity and against the best teams we suffer, as we did against Roma away and also in the final.
      At the moment my preferred midfield is Wijnaldum, Milner and Keita and if we want to get very attack minded then swap Milner for Shaq.

You know - you've made good posts on here before, and made intelligent arguments whether I agreed or not with your position. But in the last several months I think you have made virtually every thread on these boards the "Heimdall doesn't like Hendo" thread. It's like if you go to dinner and they ask what you want to drink you answer "Hendo is a negative, sideways passer." You don't like him. We get it - like 100,000 times. Just....please don't feel so obligated to insert it into every conversation.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #34: Oct 02, 2018 12:49:28 am
      I understand why you would bench Mane. In the last game he refused to pass to a player who had an easy chance at goal... That was at 44 minutes if anybody cares to look. I can't be doing with that kind of football and it's happened a few times this season. It's annoying because his potential is outrageous... I'm sure Klopp must have been furious. Other option is to give him a verbal bollocking and start him I guess.

I found Mane vs Chelsea was bad for slowing down the attack and dwelling on the ball too much and like you mention couple times made the wrong decision inside the box. I would sit Mane just for the fact he has started every match since international break and Shaqiri looking good I think chance for him to show what he can do plus if we are down goal Mane would good option off the bench.
      siavashiva
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 811 posts | 113 
      Reply #35: Oct 02, 2018 04:01:58 am
      This was our team last time we played at Stadio San Paolo.    :f_doh:

AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #36: Oct 02, 2018 05:40:32 am

Sweet Jesus...that is just frighting
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #37: Oct 02, 2018 06:41:24 am
      Sweet Jesus...that is just frighting

What a team !!
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #38: Oct 02, 2018 07:07:47 am

WOW
      halofreak11789
      • Forum David Johnson

• 217 posts |
      Reply #39: Oct 02, 2018 07:47:24 am

The stuff of nightmares.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #40: Oct 02, 2018 08:42:15 am

Carra's face says "F**k me....really...!!"
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #41: Oct 02, 2018 08:44:18 am

Got a point and a clean sheet too.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #42: Oct 02, 2018 08:50:32 am
      So you’re picking out that loss and ignoring all the wins that got us that far. High brow intellect right there. Childish doesn’t even cover it, come back with some big boy pants on next time squirt.

The point I'm trying to make is that as soon as Ox was out of the team, the creative element, and we only had Hendo, Milner and Gini as our midfield we started playing considerably worse or do you disagree?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #43: Oct 02, 2018 08:53:33 am
      You know - you've made good posts on here before, and made intelligent arguments whether I agreed or not with your position. But in the last several months I think you have made virtually every thread on these boards the "Heimdall doesn't like Hendo" thread. It's like if you go to dinner and they ask what you want to drink you answer "Hendo is a negative, sideways passer." You don't like him. We get it - like 100,000 times. Just....please don't feel so obligated to insert it into every conversation.

??? I was responding to someone who wanted clarification on my position, sorry if it bored you, but hopefully it assisted the person who asked me the question.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #44: Oct 02, 2018 08:55:02 am
      I found Mane vs Chelsea was bad for slowing down the attack and dwelling on the ball too much and like you mention couple times made the wrong decision inside the box. I would sit Mane just for the fact he has started every match since international break and Shaqiri looking good I think chance for him to show what he can do plus if we are down goal Mane would good option off the bench.

So you'd bench the only attacker who looks likely to score for us, that's absolutely genius! :-) If anyone needs benching then its Salah and Bobby until they can find their mojo again.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #45: Oct 02, 2018 08:57:13 am

I'm actually struggling to remember all their names, I think its a coping mechanism, the brain deleting painful memories etc. That was under the reign of Hodgson wasn't it?

Quick Reply