Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

Pre Match : Napoli v Liverpool : 3rd Oct : 20.00

Read 10040 times
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Re: Pre Match : Napoli v Liverpool : 3rd Oct : 20.00
      Reply #69: Oct 03, 2018 02:41:44 am

Those two are like two peas in a pod.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #70: Oct 03, 2018 04:54:58 am
                                                                                  Allison

TAA                    Gomez                      Van Dijk                    Robertson

Henderson

Keita                                   Wijndalum

Salah                                                                             Mane

Firmino

Milner will be up for City. Could play Lovren for Van Dijk, or Clyne for TAA, or Shaquiri for Mane. However that is about it. Don't go flat out and we should be ok for City match.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #71: Oct 03, 2018 07:44:11 am

It is good to see the lads really enjoying their training,no sour gobs and they all look like they want to be there.Well done JĆ¼rgen Klopp for keeping a happy squad.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,143 posts | 257 
      Reply #72: Oct 03, 2018 07:55:05 am
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #73: Oct 03, 2018 08:01:05 am
      Ive never seen this before?

Is this something they do before every away game the clapping stuff?
      jimbo1962
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 874 posts | 102 
      Reply #74: Oct 03, 2018 09:23:59 am
      It is good to see the lads really enjoying their training,no sour gobs and they all look like they want to be there.Well done JĆ¼rgen Klopp for keeping a happy squad.

JĆ¼rgen or Bobbo...who has the best teeth ?
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #75: Oct 03, 2018 09:38:20 am
      Ive never seen this before?

Is this something they do before every away game the clapping stuff?

Don't think so. Usually Klopp speaks to the players as a group before the session, and often this is when he'll speak about birthdays, or something that's happened. I've seen a training video before where he leads the group singing happy birthday in dutch to Van Dijk, so it's probably something like that.

I don't know how that group hug thing works, I guess it's like that old training game you had where you were dribbling around, coach blows a whistle and you all have to sprint and stand together in a box, last one in loses. They do it all the time in the weekday training, always seems to be put a smile on the players' faces.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,790 posts | 2446 
      Reply #76: Oct 03, 2018 10:31:25 am
      We beat PSG so this is no longer a must win game. A win would obviously be great, a draw good but even if we lose it won't be the end of the world.

Because it's not a must win game and because we have city on the weekend, id be happy for klopp to make some changes tomorrow night.

I'll start by taking virgil out. It's reported that he has had a bit of a knock for a week or two now so why risk him? Take him out and put matip in.

I would take both Wijnaldum and Milner out and put in Fabinho and Keita to play alongside Henderson.  I don't want Henderson to start against city so he can play in this game. Keita has had less minutes and should be more fresh than both Milner and Gini so he's the one who id be playing tomorrow as well as city. I'd also like to see Fabinho get some minutes against an Italian side which may suit him a little more than premiership football right now.

Sturridge deserves a start after his wonder goal at the weekend and I'd take out both mane and salah. I'd play Bobby on the left and shaqiri on the right.

Alisson

Trent
      Matip
      Gomez
      Robbo

Fabinho
      Hendo
      Keita

Shaqiri
      Bobby
      Sturridge

Come away with a draw and it's been a very good night.

I disagree completely. We go to win every CL game especially the early group games to take the pressure off. If we top the group we will likely have an easier draw in the next round.

We will be up for city irrespective of the game tonight. I would be more concerned if we were playing Burnley at the weekend that we would not be focused.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #77: Oct 03, 2018 10:39:52 am
      I disagree completely. We go to win every CL game especially the early group games to take the pressure off. If we top the group we will likely have an easier draw in the next round.

We will be up for city irrespective of the game tonight. I would be more concerned if we were playing Burnley at the weekend that we would not be focused.

That a fair point, I think I'd only rest some players if we can get a few early goals and seem to be in full control. I actually fancy us to win this fairly comfortably and it might please please please be the game when Bobby and Mo click into action, we'll need them against Citeh.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,274 posts | 761 
      Reply #78: Oct 03, 2018 10:57:15 am
      I agree with Sturridge, coming on, from off the bench. In fact could he be our new "Super sub". Meanwhile strongest side possible for tonight's game against Napoli.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #79: Oct 03, 2018 11:12:19 am

In the CL groups, most of the time 10 points will see you through.

As long as you win your home games and get a draw somewhere away it should be enough.

Because we've already beaten PSG at home and Napoli drew away to Belgrade, there's some breathing space now. Tonight is no longer a must win game.

I'm not bothered about topping the group. Once you get to the knock out stages then there's very rarely an easy tie.

PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #80: Oct 03, 2018 11:14:42 am
      Would be tempted to play Clyne, Shaqiri and Sturridge for this one the more I think about it.

Again I'm not a real fan for saying this but would be satisfied with a draw and a clean bill of health heading into the big one Sunday!
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #81: Oct 03, 2018 11:55:46 am
      If we win, I'll be damn happy, a draw will be pleased,  lost the game will not be a disaster. I think it'll probably be a draw.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #82: Oct 03, 2018 01:29:43 pm
      If we win, I'll be damn happy, a draw will be pleased,  lost the game will not be a disaster. I think it'll probably be a draw.
      Losing any game is disappointing, but their run of form with the losses against red star and in the league, 3 points are for the taking. An away point would be satisfactory though.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #83: Oct 03, 2018 01:31:01 pm
      Would be tempted to play Clyne, Shaqiri and Sturridge for this one the more I think about it.

Again I'm not a real fan for saying this but would be satisfied with a draw and a clean bill of health heading into the big one Sunday!
      Not Clyne, no chance. He's not done enough yet. He should get his chance in the FA Cup.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,086 posts | 8516 
      Reply #84: Oct 03, 2018 02:21:54 pm
      One of ours hospitalised last night but released in early hours after a bar was attacked by rats on mopeds, just seen a report then on SSN.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,353 posts | 1024 
      Reply #85: Oct 03, 2018 02:24:58 pm
      Don't think so. Usually Klopp speaks to the players as a group before the session, and often this is when he'll speak about birthdays, or something that's happened. I've seen a training video before where he leads the group singing happy birthday in dutch to Van Dijk, so it's probably something like that.

I don't know how that group hug thing works, I guess it's like that old training game you had where you were dribbling around, coach blows a whistle and you all have to sprint and stand together in a box, last one in loses. They do it all the time in the weekday training, always seems to be put a smile on the players' faces.
      Had that ā€œdrillā€ at training last night. Coach shouts either to get in to groups of a certain number or jump on someoneā€™s back and the person leftover has to do a forfeit. Good laugh to be fair.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,472 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #86: Oct 03, 2018 02:29:52 pm
      In the CL groups, most of the time 10 points will see you through.

As long as you win your home games and get a draw somewhere away it should be enough.

Because we've already beaten PSG at home and Napoli drew away to Belgrade, there's some breathing space now. Tonight is no longer a must win game.

I'm not bothered about topping the group. Once you get to the knock out stages then there's very rarely an easy tie.

I'd rather just get it done, though.
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,866 posts | 165 
      Reply #87: Oct 03, 2018 02:35:36 pm

Alisson and Bobby birthdays were 2/10
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #88: Oct 03, 2018 03:45:40 pm
      I'd rather just get it done, though.

So would I but city is a bigger game. The focus should be on that.

If klopp thinks his 11 against city can play tonight too then I'm all for it. But I don't see the point in risking it.

Would be stupid to play virgil tonight and he agitates his injury putting him out for Sunday. There's no need to risk it.
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,313 posts | 180 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #89: Oct 03, 2018 03:52:37 pm
      Top row: Shelvey, Reina, no idea, Skrtel, Kelly, really no idea
      Bottom row: Spearing, Konchecsky!!!, No f**king clue, Carra, Babell

Its scary there are so many I don't recognise, but WOW what a sh*t team and how far we have come.

That's

Top row: Shelvey, Reina, N'Gog, Skrtel, Kelly, Poulsen
      Bottom row: Spearing, Konchesky, Jovanovic, Carragher, Babel

*shivers*
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,071 posts | 2747 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #90: Oct 03, 2018 04:06:12 pm
      Some good names in their squad. But nothing we shouldnt be beating
      number7
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 803 posts |
      Reply #91: Oct 03, 2018 04:16:23 pm
      One of ours hospitalised last night but released in early hours after a bar was attacked by rats on mopeds, just seen a report then on SSN.

Such a scum the attackers are. Very low....

Wishing our lad speedy recovery and all of them can have a safe trip home after the game.

Quick Reply