Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Pre Match : Napoli v Liverpool : 3rd Oct : 20.00

Read 9948 times
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Re: Pre Match : Napoli v Liverpool : 3rd Oct : 20.00
      Reply #92: Oct 03, 2018 04:33:27 pm
      Not Clyne, no chance. He's not done enough yet. He should get his chance in the FA Cup.

Just think Trent will need very frsh legs for Sane Sunday!
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #93: Oct 03, 2018 04:42:32 pm
      We beat PSG so this is no longer a must win game. A win would obviously be great, a draw good but even if we lose it won't be the end of the world.

Because it's not a must win game and because we have city on the weekend, id be happy for klopp to make some changes tomorrow night.

I'll start by taking virgil out. It's reported that he has had a bit of a knock for a week or two now so why risk him? Take him out and put matip in.

I would take both Wijnaldum and Milner out and put in Fabinho and Keita to play alongside Henderson.  I don't want Henderson to start against city so he can play in this game. Keita has had less minutes and should be more fresh than both Milner and Gini so he's the one who id be playing tomorrow as well as city. I'd also like to see Fabinho get some minutes against an Italian side which may suit him a little more than premiership football right now.

Sturridge deserves a start after his wonder goal at the weekend and I'd take out both mane and salah. I'd play Bobby on the left and shaqiri on the right.

Alisson

Trent
      Matip
      Gomez
      Robbo

Fabinho
      Hendo
      Keita

Shaqiri
      Bobby
      Sturridge

Come away with a draw and it's been a very good night.

Not often I disagree with you H, but on this occasion I do, that midfield of your is as weak as F**k, Hendo struggles at the best of times to find someone going forward. especially when up against quality opponents, Fabinho regardless of his experience in European competition is still trying to find his feet in a Klopp X1, and Naby will be lost without his mate Mane to guide him thru 90+ mins,

I can understand your concern bearing in mind this weekend's encounter with this seasons runners up, however, for me to progress thru the group stages of the CL its pivotal to maximise points asap, and we have a better chance of that with as strong a side as possible,

Like I mentioned in my post above, if we can get these next two big games out of the way we can rest one or three of the usual suspects, also there's another of those damn international breaks coming up so additional time off for players not on international duty,

Fullest side possible for both of games for me.

1-3 for the all conquering Mighty Redmen

YNWA
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #94: Oct 03, 2018 05:00:58 pm
      Just think Trent will need very frsh legs for Sane Sunday!

Yeah I agree. Clyne played well last week against the chavs so I would play him today for definite.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #95: Oct 03, 2018 06:20:48 pm
      Tight caggy game. Hit them on the break- Fabinho, Keita and....er...somebody else in midfield...up top...3 of those footballers...one's whu can kick it fairly straight. Boots not supplied.OK.

0-1
      « Last Edit: Oct 03, 2018 06:33:16 pm by Harrisimo »
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #96: Oct 03, 2018 06:37:18 pm
      Yeah I agree. Clyne played well last week against the chavs so I would play him today for definite.
      I forgot he played against Chelsea actually.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #97: Oct 03, 2018 06:41:46 pm
      I heard Milner will start.

Quick Reply