Trending Topics

Next match: Huddersfield v LFC [Premier League] Sat 20th Oct @ 5:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Kirklees Stadium

Today is the 16th of October and on this date LFC's match record is P19 W12 D2 L5

We are top of the league!

Read 83235 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 14,083 posts | 953 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Re: We are top of the league!
      Reply #1170: Oct 07, 2018 10:16:51 pm
      Didnt see much of todays game so wont comment but to be joint top unbeaten after 8 games of which 3 were city Chelsea  and spurs well think only the stubbornest of people would argue with that.

Key now is not to drop silly points against the teams we should be burying
      PGlynn91
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,277 posts | 192 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #1171: Oct 08, 2018 08:59:08 am
      My desire is not for Liverpool to drop points. I am being a realist. And if you'd like to join the rest of us in reality that would be great.

I think a lot of Liverpool fans would see four points out of six in two games against our closest title rivals as an excellent return.

Can we win both? Absolutely. Would drawing one and winning one be a good return? Yes. 

Sigh.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,865 posts | 1199 
      Reply #1172: Oct 08, 2018 10:40:27 am
      Didnt see much of todays game so wont comment but to be joint top unbeaten after 8 games of which 3 were city Chelsea  and spurs well think only the stubbornest of people would argue with that.

I agree, we have 3 very winnable games now to pick up points and also get that attacking mojo back to improve the goal difference. It also gives a bit more time to integrate Keita, Fabinho and Shaquiri in less high pressure games.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,598 posts | 2282 
      Reply #1173: Oct 08, 2018 03:31:08 pm

Agree
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 14,083 posts | 953 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1174: Oct 08, 2018 09:23:25 pm
      Top of the league just short of 1/4 of the way through having played nowhere near our peak

Have to be happy with that

Quick Reply