Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Man Utd [Premier League] Sun 16th Dec @ 4:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Anfield

Today is the 15th of December and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W13 D5 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Napoli?

Alisson
      34 (39.5%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      1 (1.2%)
      Joe Gomez
      40 (46.5%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      3 (3.5%)
      Andy Robertson
      2 (2.3%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Naby Keïta
      1 (1.2%)
      Sadio Mane
      2 (2.3%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      1 (1.2%)
       Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      1 (1.2%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      1 (1.2%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Voting closed: Oct 07, 2018 09:55:03 pm

Napoli 1-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 4465 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,699 posts | 2613 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Napoli 1-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #540: Oct 06, 2018 03:03:15 am
      Well if we can take any postives from the game then it’s the good news that Keita didn’t suffer a serious injury.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,329 posts | 1758 
      Reply #541: Oct 06, 2018 12:05:11 pm
      That may seem to be the case and it seems Klopp has realised the limitations of the midfielders at our disposal. Hence the upgrade in technical players - Fab and Keita.

Klopp is no fool and is trying to mitigate against the limitations of the current incumbents.

Relying on the fullbacks to provide creativity to the forward line as we have seen recently is too easy to negate for the opposition.

We were at our devestating best last season with Ox running with the ball or finding the front 3 with quick balls. Breaking that first line of defence at pace.

Until we have a midfielder who can link up midfield and and the front 3, Keita or Ox then Klopp will keep employing alternative methods, fortunately it’s only a matter of time until Fab is up to speed hence Gini and Keita can play that role.

The only difference between last season and this season is that we have Milner as the "runner" to try and break the lines.

Klopp using fullbacks as attacking players is nothing to do with mitigation or anything else, it's his plan, it's his main tactic, it's why he has TAA (a converted midfielder) at FB instead of Clyne.
      It's Rafa's tactics but more evolved and more fluid/dynamic.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,368 posts | 1771 
      Reply #542: Oct 06, 2018 01:33:35 pm
      Why did we chase fekir all summer then?

Why did we sign the ox?

Why did we sign Keita?

Because we don’t have that creativity at present......so we don’t set up to play that way?

F**k me it’s not that complicated if you try thinking instead of grandstanding and spouting monotonous white noise like the shouty drunken guy......

If you think it’s hard reading my posts - try reading the posts of the morons that just trumpet for the masses and with zero understanding of the game.

Utter drivel.

Ignored
      « Last Edit: Oct 06, 2018 02:31:20 pm by Scotia »
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,284 posts | 1258 
      Reply #543: Oct 06, 2018 06:57:39 pm
      Because we don’t have that creativity at present......so we don’t set up to play that way?

F**k me it’s not that complicated if you try thinking instead of grandstanding and spouting monotonous white noise like the shouty drunken guy......

If you think it’s hard reading my posts - try reading the posts of the morons that just trumpet for the masses and with zero understanding of the game.

Utter drivel.

Ignored

What a load of tosh. As usual people making excuses for the garbage performances Henderson puts in.

Basically if he doesn't have somebody next to him or the front three to bail him out then it's Trent Alexander Arnold's fault for why we can't create anything  :lmao:

Absolute f**king tosh.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,224 posts | 373 
      Reply #544: Oct 07, 2018 04:40:47 am
      Quote from Swab
      Napoli did a lot of blocking (not fouling as such, but little bits of jostling, and tugs that the ref didn't notice) and taking a player out early if he looked like he was going to break.
      It was effective, and some might say canny, but for me, a stronger ref would have stopped it by booking a couple of players early on, especially the drag backs on Mane, and some of the manhandling of Salah.
      For me, it crossed the line between being clever and cheating, but I don't moan when we do it (I applaud it) so I'm not going to be a hypocrite by making a big deal out of it.

Well you should. It is cheating, whether we do it or the opposition do. VAR is designed to cut the dark arts crap out of football, and next year we will have it in the European Cup. Tugs and taking players out will be spotted and once players know that, they'll stop doing it. Like they did at the World Cup.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,250 posts | 969 
      Reply #545: Oct 09, 2018 10:34:43 am
      Well you should. It is cheating, whether we do it or the opposition do. VAR is designed to cut the dark arts crap out of football, and next year we will have it in the European Cup. Tugs and taking players out will be spotted and once players know that, they'll stop doing it. Like they did at the World Cup.

VAR wont stop the niggly fouls on the half way line. It's not looking at those types of fouls its red card offences, and the rest is goal mouth stuff only really.

Quick Reply