Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre-Match: Liverpool V Manchester City (07/10/18 - 16:30)

Read 17136 times
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool V Manchester City (07/10/18 - 16:30)
      Reply #92: Oct 06, 2018 12:32:40 pm
      Given our run of games, lack of form up front, and the fact we're only in October for me a draw is not a bad result.

But if we really want to win the PL we need to win this. MC is so damn reliable, we need some points being ahead. But you name it: our team as a whole is not in prime shape. First it was justified with the WC and players needing some time, but more and more we see now that we rely more on luck and an improved defense while midfield and attack stagnate. I begin to wonder if that is the Buvac effect, too early though to get worried, it's quite normal to have certain phases thru a season (except F***ing MC, they look like robots).
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #93: Oct 06, 2018 12:41:56 pm
      NB: Team no longer available

We can't lose this game, if we win. It will be brilliant. But at least a draw because we will be all three teams with 20 points.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #94: Oct 06, 2018 12:45:18 pm
      No you daft tit I'm not discrediting his ability. Klopp seems to have concerns with his ability to defend when his playing in the midfield as he stated after Southampton. Look it up can't be arsed pulling up articles for you.

Maybe so but we need at least one positive midfielder in the team or we'll be overrun.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #95: Oct 06, 2018 01:00:25 pm
      We need goals to come from other sources if the front line is not firing. Say a winning header from one of our defenders or that from an unlikely source as in hendo.
      Compuche
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 547 posts | 39 
      Reply #96: Oct 06, 2018 01:00:28 pm

We can't lose this game, if we win. It will be brilliant. But at least a draw because we will be all three teams with 20 points.

That is the right starting 11 and one i expect we should use for majority of the games in the season
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #97: Oct 06, 2018 01:34:37 pm
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #98: Oct 06, 2018 02:10:06 pm
      Maybe so but we need at least one positive midfielder in the team or we'll be overrun.

Ok.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #99: Oct 06, 2018 02:12:54 pm
      But if we really want to win the PL we need to win this. MC is so damn reliable, we need some points being ahead. But you name it: our team as a whole is not in prime shape. First it was justified with the WC and players needing some time, but more and more we see now that we rely more on luck and an improved defense while midfield and attack stagnate. I begin to wonder if that is the Buvac effect, too early though to get worried, it's quite normal to have certain phases thru a season (except f**king MC, they look like robots).

Those MC robots were made very average two weeks ago at home against Lyon. They have dropped points to the one decent side they played this year.

You don't win titles in October.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #100: Oct 06, 2018 02:20:17 pm

My youngest son was in hospital and just before the match we'd met with the Doctor and he answered a lot of questions we'd had and gave us overall good news, so he was finally out of pain and we had a big weight lifted off of us. I wouldn't have watched the match otherwise but as it was, the volume was muted and my son was sleeping comfortably for the first time in a few days.

Now I'd been up without sleeping for a couple of days myself, and you still get nurses coming in every so often for paperwork, etc. so for the first half it's not like the most attentive I've ever been watching a match. You have to understand when I watch us play on TV it's normally full-throated, but with him finally resting I couldn't. So in the 2nd half, Bobby scores and I do a double fist pump, able to hold it in pretty well. When Sadio scores I'm out of my chair and flailing my arms about wildly and  just squeezing my mouth shut to keep any sound from getting out. I look over and a nurse has walked in and is giving me the strangest look. Then Mo scores and I stand up quickly, walk out of the room and down the hall into a family waiting area that thankfully was empty, and let out a "yeaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh hhgeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeett ttttttttttttttttttttttti iiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnn nnnnnnnnnnyouuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuubeauuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuutyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyMMMMMMMMMMoooo oooooooooooooooooo."

Later on the nurse asked me if I'd been getting enough rest and telling me I need to look after myself. I told her "Sweetheart, I am having a wonderful day and am feeling fine, thank you."  :)

Something like that minus the illness would be just fine for tomorrow.
      +10
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #101: Oct 06, 2018 02:57:42 pm

Yes, Yes, and again: Yes. Somebody should print it out and send it to Jürgen. That is the formation that can win us PL/CL/FA. And Keita could even sting into that formation once he gets fully accustomed to us.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #102: Oct 06, 2018 04:04:32 pm
      City still crying about their F***ing bus,poor babies.  :f_wah:  :kop5cf8koxp6:  :food-smiley-005:.F**k em up.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #103: Oct 06, 2018 07:07:30 pm
      If he starts the usual middle/front  [Gini, Milly, Hendo, Mane, Bob, Mo] reckon we 'might' struggle. You never can be sure though, Jürgen has a knack of getting lads up for the big games - but can only go on recent form.

I'd bring in Studge and Shaq, and leave Hendo and Bob on the bench.  Maybe also bring in Clyne for Trent.

The lads looked drained against Napoli, so hope Jürgen freshens things up. Not ideal that the next game is Shitty given our and their form, but don't see that putting the same set of lads out again is going to give a different result.
      Plus Studge and Shaq have done well, and possibly deserve to be starting on merit/form anyway.

We need to at least get a point. And if we really want the title, reckon we need to win these games, cause how many points do you see City dropping along the way?!

Jürgen is the man for the big match, so I expect the lads to be fully up for it.
      Huge game and REALLY looking forward to it - two teams who play excellent football, with lots at stake - doesn't get much better than that :)
      LFRCYNWA1977
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #104: Oct 06, 2018 09:16:29 pm
      This is the most important match this week and this year. If we win it would be massive statement.

I'm confident it will be different performance and 3 point in the bag.
      Think so too!
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #105: Oct 06, 2018 09:27:49 pm
      Some of the press have been having a pop over the battered bus incident. Almost implying the Police turned a blind eye because no arrests have been made. To be fair it was a disgrace and lets hope nothing like that happens again.

Will be a lively encounter, nothing nasty as both teams play good football. I'd go with Shaq in an attacking right wing back. Much has been said about him not defending. Some at Stoke said he can be a bit lazy but he now knows what's required, pressing, tracking back etc.

Can't wait, love these games against the top sides. May be City have now displaced Mancheater United as the mob down the other end of the East Lancs.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #106: Oct 06, 2018 10:12:39 pm
      May be City have now displaced Mancheater United as the mob down the other end of the East Lancs.

They will never replace the hatred for the Scum .

David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #107: Oct 06, 2018 10:25:27 pm
      Very difficult game tbh, a draw would be a decent result !
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #108: Oct 06, 2018 10:26:53 pm
      My youngest son was in hospital and just before the match we'd met with the Doctor and he answered a lot of questions we'd had and gave us overall good news, so he was finally out of pain and we had a big weight lifted off of us. I wouldn't have watched the match otherwise but as it was, the volume was muted and my son was sleeping comfortably for the first time in a few days.

Now I'd been up without sleeping for a couple of days myself, and you still get nurses coming in every so often for paperwork, etc. so for the first half it's not like the most attentive I've ever been watching a match. You have to understand when I watch us play on TV it's normally full-throated, but with him finally resting I couldn't. So in the 2nd half, Bobby scores and I do a double fist pump, able to hold it in pretty well. When Sadio scores I'm out of my chair and flailing my arms about wildly and  just squeezing my mouth shut to keep any sound from getting out. I look over and a nurse has walked in and is giving me the strangest look. Then Mo scores and I stand up quickly, walk out of the room and down the hall into a family waiting area that thankfully was empty, and let out a "yeaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh hhgeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeett ttttttttttttttttttttttti iiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnn nnnnnnnnnnyouuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuubeauuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuutyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyMMMMMMMMMMoooo oooooooooooooooooo."

Later on the nurse asked me if I'd been getting enough rest and telling me I need to look after myself. I told her "Sweetheart, I am having a wonderful day and am feeling fine, thank you."  :)

Something like that minus the illness would be just fine for tomorrow.

It was a grand afternoon/evening wasn't it.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #109: Oct 06, 2018 11:13:19 pm
      I think we can win but I'd take a draw right now.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #110: Oct 07, 2018 12:12:21 am

I would be extremely surprised with Shaq as the attacking midfielder.

He took him off against Saints as they were finding too much space through our midfield so can you imagine with City!

racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #111: Oct 07, 2018 01:02:03 am
      But if we really want to win the PL we need to win this. MC is so damn reliable, we need some points being ahead. But you name it: our team as a whole is not in prime shape. First it was justified with the WC and players needing some time, but more and more we see now that we rely more on luck and an improved defense while midfield and attack stagnate. I begin to wonder if that is the Buvac effect, too early though to get worried, it's quite normal to have certain phases thru a season (except F***ing MC, they look like robots).

Most scatter gun post of the season, so far. Congratulations.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #112: Oct 07, 2018 06:54:31 am
      The only thing on my mind is for the REDS to get back to winning ways.Beat City and the effect can be infectious. :kop5cf8koxp6:
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #113: Oct 07, 2018 07:38:23 am
      I would be extremely surprised with Shaq as the attacking midfielder.

He took him off against Saints as they were finding too much space through our midfield so can you imagine with City!

If he works hard, he can cause a lot of problems for them.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #114: Oct 07, 2018 07:56:35 am
      COYR :scarf:

Quick Reply