Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre-Match: Liverpool V Manchester City (07/10/18 - 16:30)

Read 17133 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool V Manchester City (07/10/18 - 16:30)
      Reply #138: Oct 07, 2018 01:16:31 pm
      How bold or brave is Klopp going to be today. Take a chance and put Shaq in there. Shaq,Keita and Henderson in midfield. Very offensive. Take a brave manager to set out to go very high against City.

I'd go for it but obviously we don't have the pressure Klopp has. But I would go for it.

Absolutely. And I think its proven actually a fair bit by us, that city cant cope with teams that go at them. Shaq in the side can inly be beneficial in my view. With Keita? Not sure think Shaq Milner and Gini be the 3 id go with
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #139: Oct 07, 2018 01:19:56 pm
      Prediction league I went 4 2 not sure on that to be honest but I do think we beat them
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #140: Oct 07, 2018 01:22:08 pm
      Prediction league I went 4 2 not sure on that to be honest but I do think we beat them

I just put down a 3-1 win for every game, knowing that sooner or later it'll be the right score  :laugh:
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #141: Oct 07, 2018 01:29:36 pm
      I just put down a 3-1 win for every game, knowing that sooner or later it'll be the right score  :laugh:

On that basis I will win the Lottery in 2933 when I will be going on for 988...wot a piss up that's going to be..
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #142: Oct 07, 2018 01:31:37 pm
      On that basis I will win the Lottery in 2933 when I will be going on for 988...wot a piss up that's going to be..

Yeah, but it'll be £4,972,468.32 a pint, and the jackpot will still be £5 million.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #143: Oct 07, 2018 01:33:45 pm
      Man City look to be playing better football than us at the minute.  Our last game was probably a real shock to the system - don't think any of us were expecting such a poor showing from our players.

I'm not confident of us getting the points today at all.  Hope I'm wrong.

Harrisimo

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #144: Oct 07, 2018 01:34:34 pm
      Yeah, but it'll be £4,972,468.32 a pint, and the jackpot will still be £5 million.
      [/quote

Top chuckle..
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #145: Oct 07, 2018 01:34:51 pm
      After a long thought, I have decided to not do the Live thread because it's been three games without a win and we lost the last one.

Good luck to those who will do it!

Come on reds, we can't lose this game!!!!
      Harrisimo

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #146: Oct 07, 2018 01:38:10 pm
      Man City look to be playing better football than us at the minute.  Our last game was probably a real shock to the system - don't think any of us were expecting such a poor showing from our players.

I'm not confident of us getting the points today at all.  Hope I'm wrong.

Yeah..very hard game to call. I think Klopp is up for it and will put out the right team but literally anything could happen. We could stuff them 4 or 5 or we could get screwed big time. Can't realistically offer a prediction..
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #147: Oct 07, 2018 01:39:22 pm

Problem with Studge, as well he has been playing, if you put him in you fundamentally lose the ability to press. Our wins against City have been built on forcing mistakes when they are in possession in their final third and then taking advantage. If Studge would genuinely press the ball he'd be in the side no brainier for me but I don't think he'll ever play that way because he's lost trust in his body. Bobby is the trigger for our entire pressing game so he has to play.

Agree that without the ball we're better with Bob up front than Studge, no doubt.

Problem is 'with' the ball, the three lads up front having been making good use of it recently. And we need to make good use of our chances against City. And although Studge also wastes possession, he's in scoring form.

Tough one, I 'trust' Bob more than Studge, but Studge has done well when given his chance, he really put a marker down in the game vs PSG.

In the middle, I thought Keita was injured - if he's not, I'd play him an leave out Shaq. But on form, think Shaq has done enough to challenge Mo for a start, though not sure Jürgen would leave out Mo.

If neither Studge or Shaq start, can see us putting in huge effort, but maybe not making best use of our chances. Again, just going on form - but hope I'm wrong and Mo and Bob do great :)
      Harrisimo

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #148: Oct 07, 2018 01:47:12 pm
      Agree that without the ball we're better with Bob up front than Studge, no doubt.

Problem is 'with' the ball, the three lads up front having been making good use of it recently. And we need to make good use of our chances against City. And although Studge also wastes possession, he's in scoring form.

Tough one, I 'trust' Bob more than Studge, but Studge has done well when given his chance, he really put a marker down in the game vs PSG.

In the middle, I thought Keita was injured - if he's not, I'd play him an leave out Shaq. But on form, think Shaq has done enough to challenge Mo for a start, though not sure Jürgen would leave out Mo.

If neither Studge or Shaq start, can see us putting in huge effort, but maybe not making best use of our chances. Again, just going on form - but hope I'm wrong and Mo and Bob do great :)

It's looking like Studge is going to be an impact sub and in for early FA cup games. Does that mean that may be Klopp should've bought a top striker, making better use of the Fabinho money. Fab could be a great signing but as it is he looks like one to many midfielders. Also wasn't it predictable that Mo would never hit the heights of last season.

We look over reliant on Mo hitting somewhere near the form he hit last season.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #149: Oct 07, 2018 01:51:04 pm
      It's looking like Studge is going to be an impact sub and in for early FA cup games. Does that mean that may be Klopp should've bought a top striker, making better use of the Fabinho money. Fab could be a great signing but as it is he looks like one to many midfielders. Also wasn't it predictable that Mo would never hit the heights of last season.

We look over reliant on Mo hitting somewhere near the form he hit last season.

Mo started off last season the same way before he really got going.
      Remember all the discussion about how many sitters he was missing?

I've no doubt he'll soon be scoring lots.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #150: Oct 07, 2018 01:51:50 pm
      Gut feeling....well be much better then Wednesday. We wont allow thsm space and time that most other teams do. For me 2 things will impact the result

. our team selection
      . performance of front 3

The city defence does nothing to worry me that we cant score. So on the basis that Bobby wiil show up and that Mane and Mo rise to the magnitude of the game we win...

I pray
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #151: Oct 07, 2018 01:58:56 pm
      Does that mean that may be Klopp should've bought a top striker, making better use of the Fabinho money.

Imo Jürgen has bought well, and he has attacking options to use if he wants. He used Studge against PSG when I'd never have expected it. We'll see if he uses him again today..
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #152: Oct 07, 2018 02:00:44 pm
      Gut feeling....well be much better then Wednesday. We wont allow thsm space and time that most other teams do. For me 2 things will impact the result

. our team selection
      . performance of front 3

The city defence does nothing to worry me that we cant score. So on the basis that Bobby wiil show up and that Mane and Mo rise to the magnitude of the game we win...

I pray

That's my gut feeling as well.

I get where JD is coming from in that they've played better football than us on the whole this season but have a feeling we'll be up for this one.
      Compuche
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 547 posts | 39 
      Reply #153: Oct 07, 2018 02:09:25 pm
      If we deploy the same sideways and backward passing midfield like the one against Napoli.... we'll lose.
      Harrisimo

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #154: Oct 07, 2018 02:09:59 pm
      Mo started off last season the same way before he really got going.
      Remember all the discussion about how many sitters he was missing?

I've no doubt he'll soon be scoring lots.

Don't doubt it. But it will be near impossible to match what he did last season. His goals last season set us up for this. We have to manage expectations this season. It won't be an easy season for Mo. Was always going to be the case after last season. I like the signings and to be honest I never said, at the time, that Fab was a midfielder to many. It's just a thought that may be we did need that extra goal threat in the Squad.

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #155: Oct 07, 2018 02:16:11 pm
      Don't doubt it. But it will be near impossible to match what he did last season. His goals last season set us up for this. We have to manage expectations this season. It won't be an easy season for Mo. Was always going to be the case after last season. I like the signings and to be honest I never said, at the time, that Fab was a midfielder to many. It's just a thought that may be we did need that extra goal threat in the Squad.

I don't think he has to match it really, just keep doing what he's doing and he'll get plenty of goals, and with defenders so wary of him, and often putting 2 or even 3 men on him, it leaves lots of room for Firmino and Mane.
      We just need the front 3 to click into gear, and we'll be flying.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #156: Oct 07, 2018 02:16:41 pm
      That's my gut feeling as well.

I get where JD is coming from in that they've played better football than us on the whole this season but have a feeling we'll be up for this one.

We've played well all season apart from against Leicester and Napoli. I don't think they are playing better than us overall. Our front 3 still aren't really firing but no time like the present. I think Jürgen will be telling those 3 to play much closer together than they did against Napoli, and I think he will get a response to that defeat. He usually does - we've never lost 2 in a row under him. If the front 3 click, we'll win.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #157: Oct 07, 2018 02:38:16 pm
      If we didn't have Alisson I'd put a that Sunderland balloon in goal.

Harsh on migs
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #158: Oct 07, 2018 02:39:58 pm
      Hendo, gini and milly in midfield by the looks of it with joe at rb and lovren at cb
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #159: Oct 07, 2018 02:43:05 pm
      Hendo, gini and milly in midfield by the looks of it with joe at rb and lovren at cb

If thats true its a game changer for me thats hands advantage to City. Who breaks up a central defense flying it?

And the same uncreative middle 3 again.

Swings it for City for me. Hope im wrong
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #160: Oct 07, 2018 02:45:17 pm

Wtf? I would understand the midfield, but Lovren CB and Gomez at RB?

Quick Reply