Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Man City?

Alisson
      12 (10.3%)
      Joe Gomez
      13 (11.2%)
      Dejan Lovren
      32 (27.6%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      11 (9.5%)
      Andy Robertson
      6 (5.2%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      20 (17.2%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      21 (18.1%)
      Mohammed Salah
      1 (0.9%)
      Sadio Mane
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Naby Keïta
      0 (0%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 113

Voting closed: Oct 11, 2018 06:22:04 pm

Liverpool 0-0 Manchester City: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 21530 times
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Re: Liverpool 0-0 Manchester City: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #368: Oct 07, 2018 10:18:01 pm
      From where do you take that? In his PC he seemed fine and praised the team. I think Jürgen is more and more lost without Buvac, because that was his brain, he's only the feel-good guy and that's not enough longterm.

Can we just get rid of this troll please
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #369: Oct 07, 2018 10:21:07 pm
      From where do you take that? In his PC he seemed fine and praised the team. I think Jürgen is more and more lost without Buvac, because that was his brain, he's only the feel-good guy and that's not enough longterm.

F**k off panzie troll clown.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #370: Oct 07, 2018 10:27:43 pm
      Spot on for me Rush.

I take way more positives than negatives from today.

We’re well set.

having gained 9 points from City in just 8 games compared to last year you would think people would be ecstatic but no lets pick f***in holes in players and the manager despite still being unbeaten and matching City point for point so far this season.
       We had one poster claiming its all gone tits up since Couthino left here.

German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #371: Oct 07, 2018 10:29:55 pm
      Well in that case you should learn to listen better.

Here's a link of the PC I watched: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joXlDYMqwks

There's not ONE bit of scrutiny of Jürgen. He just is in good mood and "all well".
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #372: Oct 07, 2018 10:41:12 pm

There's not ONE bit of scrutiny of Jürgen. He just is in good mood and "all well".

Yes let's rip them a new asshole through the media after a brutal run of fixtures where we find ourselves top of the league.

Ignorant panzie
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #373: Oct 07, 2018 10:43:24 pm
      We might not want Coutinho but we're missing a Coutinho-like player.

A 10. We're missing a 10.
      Why the F**k can people not just spell that out.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #374: Oct 07, 2018 10:47:46 pm
      Why the f**k can people not just spell that out.

w e r e m i s s i n g a t e n

Sorted that for ye racer 😉
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #375: Oct 07, 2018 10:48:19 pm
      Why the f**k can people not just spell that out.

Liverpool should sign a creative midfielder
      Jamie Carragher and Graeme Souness believe Liverpool should look to sign a creative central midfielder in the January transfer window.

Liverpool drew 0-0 with Manchester City on Super Sunday to continue their unbeaten start to the season in a game of few chances.

The tightly-contested clash was largely played in midfield with Jürgen Klopp's side having two shots on target at Anfield, and it is in the central area where Carragher and Souness think Liverpool could do with a creative player if they are to compete for the title this season.

"If Liverpool are in a really good position in January, I think they've got to be looking to address that [midfield area]," Carragher said post-match.

"It's not even necessarily having someone who comes in and plays every single game. They just haven't even got anyone like that in the squad. Adam Lallana is too injury prone.

"Even if Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain comes back, [Naby] Keita goes in or Fabinho goes in they are all the same. Liverpool don't play with a No 10, but there's no David Silva or Bernardo Silva or a player like that in the squad.

"I'm not talking about that player playing every week. It's just the fact of having someone like that in the squad to turn to when you feel you need that player."

Liverpool signed Xherdan Shaqiri in the summer from Stoke City and he was an unused substitute against City, but Souness echoed the thoughts of Carragher, saying: "In the summer Liverpool signed Fabinho, signed Keita and also tried to sign [Nabil] Fekir from Lyon. I think that tells you how Jürgen sees their midfield.

"I look at Liverpool's midfield and I bet they are three great lads, who work their socks off but they just haven't got that little bit of quality in games like this to look one way and deliver a pass the other way.

"I think the very fact that Jürgen signed two and tried to get three shows you they are a bit short there. I think that showed at times today when they were dominant and had a lot of the ball. The danger is, when you try to go for more quality, you might not get someone who puts the same shift in.

"That's the balancing act. Jürgen likes to call it 'rock and roll football' with high tempo and high intensity. Would you get that from someone who's got a bit more class?"

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11669/11520897/liverpool-should-sign-a-creative-midfielder-says-jamie-carragher-and-graeme-souness
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #376: Oct 07, 2018 10:49:22 pm

He said the team started well but should have taken their chances early on & that LFC got lucky with the penalty miss. Then says both teams kept it tight.

That's about f**king right.
      Also a reminder in there that the fixture for this period was crazy
      & yet Liverpool are joint top of the league and beat PSG in the CL.

Good times

"The feel-good guy"
      Alright GP.
      danaxe
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 36 posts |
      Reply #377: Oct 07, 2018 10:50:36 pm
      Srsly chill. We have ju gone through a tough streak of games and managed to come out equal to city and chelsea in EPL and on top of that we have we have everything in our own hands when it comes to CL qualifications.

From 15th september we have played:

Tottenham (W)
      PSG (W)
      Saints (W)
      Chelsea (L)
      Chelsea (D)
      Napoli (L)
      City (D)

After national break we Will get some more breather games:

Huddersfield (A)
      Red Star (H)
      Cardiff (H)
      Arsenal (A)
      Red Star (A)
      Fulham (H)
      Etc..

So hopefully the upcoming fixtures Will give us the opportunity to rotate and incorporate players such as Fabinho, Shaq and Keita into our system which Will increase the competetion and enhance the depth of our squad further.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #378: Oct 07, 2018 10:55:03 pm
      City are once again the side that are gonna win everything ! Look out the rest of the football world, this side have everything needed to dominate European football for decades.
      So they go to Anfield to play a side who are off form, have not performed to anything like their full potential for10 games, and.........
      They achieve a draw !
      So what’s all the shouting about,
      They bring their A game to play an off form Liverpool and they draw.
      They look great against the lesser sides but wait till we hit form!
      They won’t live with us again.
      Pissed off we didn’t win, but hey, we’re playing badly by our standards and we didn’t lose.
      Things will only get better.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #379: Oct 07, 2018 10:58:01 pm
      I think we have to accept that teams are giving us a lot more respect.   A draw is a good result going into a much needed international.   Usually come at a bad time.  But may be a good time this one.  To take stock of things. And at least Milner will get a rest.  We've been through a lot of tough fixtures cramped together.   Still top!
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #380: Oct 07, 2018 11:11:34 pm
      Liverpool should sign a creative midfielder
      Jamie Carragher and Graeme Souness believe Liverpool should look to sign a creative central midfielder in the January transfer window.

Liverpool drew 0-0 with Manchester City on Super Sunday to continue their unbeaten start to the season in a game of few chances.

The tightly-contested clash was largely played in midfield with Jürgen Klopp's side having two shots on target at Anfield, and it is in the central area where Carragher and Souness think Liverpool could do with a creative player if they are to compete for the title this season.

"If Liverpool are in a really good position in January, I think they've got to be looking to address that [midfield area]," Carragher said post-match.

"It's not even necessarily having someone who comes in and plays every single game. They just haven't even got anyone like that in the squad. Adam Lallana is too injury prone.

"Even if Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain comes back, [Naby] Keita goes in or Fabinho goes in they are all the same. Liverpool don't play with a No 10, but there's no David Silva or Bernardo Silva or a player like that in the squad.

"I'm not talking about that player playing every week. It's just the fact of having someone like that in the squad to turn to when you feel you need that player."

Liverpool signed Xherdan Shaqiri in the summer from Stoke City and he was an unused substitute against City, but Souness echoed the thoughts of Carragher, saying: "In the summer Liverpool signed Fabinho, signed Keita and also tried to sign [Nabil] Fekir from Lyon. I think that tells you how Jürgen sees their midfield.

"I look at Liverpool's midfield and I bet they are three great lads, who work their socks off but they just haven't got that little bit of quality in games like this to look one way and deliver a pass the other way.

"I think the very fact that Jürgen signed two and tried to get three shows you they are a bit short there. I think that showed at times today when they were dominant and had a lot of the ball. The danger is, when you try to go for more quality, you might not get someone who puts the same shift in.

"That's the balancing act. Jürgen likes to call it 'rock and roll football' with high tempo and high intensity. Would you get that from someone who's got a bit more class?"

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11669/11520897/liverpool-should-sign-a-creative-midfielder-says-jamie-carragher-and-graeme-souness

If Fekir had been signed we'd probably see him drift between the 8 & 10 positions but he'd still do the 10 work. None of our current fit midfielders have the ability to play both roles. 8 & 6 yes. 8 & 10 no.

That statement "Liverpool don't play with a 10".
      Klopp has said he doesn't really focus too much on the formations.
      You can see that in the way the forwards interchange.
      In how Firmino drops deep to the 10.
      In how the midfielders move between 2 no 6s and 2 no 8s in game.

But within all that there isn't a midfielder that can move from the 8 to the 10.
      When Shaqiri plays the role behind the front 3 it looks more like a 4-2-4.

We might not play a 10 but we sure as hell need a player that can perform the role without
      imbalancing the team. (No it's not Lallana.)
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #381: Oct 08, 2018 12:23:22 am
      Imagine being this shithouse of a fan. We’re undefeated, joint top, not even close to our best yet - and you’re giving up.

Everything that’s wrong with modern fan reactionary sh*t posting right there.

Oh and f**k Coutinho. Better without the injury faking cry-arse little tw*t.

Pretty sure GP is a windup merchant. Probably an Everton supporter.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #382: Oct 08, 2018 12:45:38 am
      Srsly chill. We have ju gone through a tough streak of games and managed to come out equal to city and chelsea in EPL and on top of that we have we have everything in our own hands when it comes to CL qualifications.

From 15th september we have played:

Tottenham (W)
      PSG (W)
      Saints (W)
      Chelsea (L)
      Chelsea (D)
      Napoli (L)
      City (D)

After national break we Will get some more breather games:

Huddersfield (A)
      Red Star (H)
      Cardiff (H)
      Arsenal (A)
      Red Star (A)
      Fulham (H)
      Etc..

So hopefully the upcoming fixtures Will give us the opportunity to rotate and incorporate players such as Fabinho, Shaq and Keita into our system which Will increase the competetion and enhance the depth of our squad further.

Not as many big-name opponents, and there is a midweek in there when we don't have to play, but it's the ability of the lower clubs to trip the higher ones that makes the Premier League tops in the football world. So it will still take top performances from the group. I would add that Arsenal away is not an easy match at all. They are much improved this season if you haven't seen them.

But yeah, a break now is OK. Hopefully everyone stays healthy.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #383: Oct 08, 2018 03:10:41 am
      We came flying out of the blocks, such a high intensity and we were forcing them into panic when they got the ball, they did settle though unfortunately. This game was the definition of 2 teams cancelling each other out.

Again though, it begs the question why we didn’t take the chance on Fekir or seek an alternative because it’s clear as day that we are missing that link between midfield and attack.

In recent years gone by it’s the defence that has cost us, a poor defence cost us the title under BR and it’s cost us when it’s mattered most since. Now, we look more solid than ever in defence, a good well balanced unit including the keeper, though Gomez is a much better suit to CB than RB, but that’s just minor changes from what’s been a regular settled back line. This year though, this could well be the year our attack costs us, at least it’s looking more like that this time around. 2 goals in 4 games and only 2 scrappy shots on target in 2 games is unacceptable from a front line that smashed it last season.

Our midfield was much better yesterday, thought Hendo, Gini and Milner all played really well and Naby done well enough too, but for all their work rate and pressing, there is a distinct lack of creativity there.

First and foremost our priority last season was get Virgil in straight away in the winter and it transformed our defence entirely in so many ways, and the same applies for getting a 10 this winter or it will cost us.

But despite recent form, we’ve now gone unbeaten against Spurs, Chavs and City, joint top on points and Spurs and City play each other soon. Teams around us seem to have had an easier run of games than us in terms of the likes of Cardiff, Huddersfield etc and its them up coming games that will hopefully give our attack the much needed confidence that it’s currently lacking.
      « Last Edit: Oct 08, 2018 03:15:01 am by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,601 posts | 855 
      Reply #384: Oct 08, 2018 05:18:06 am
      Seriously, some people will be never ever be happy nomatter how we play or how many matches we win.
      We had pretty tough matches in a short period of time. City at home and Napoli away are not easy.
      Overall we are having a great season so far and long may it continue.
      but strange saying this because I'm not the most optimistic guy around here but it has to be said. Feels like some people bi*ch just for the sake of bitching.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #385: Oct 08, 2018 05:21:56 am
      Have to say Hendo has a very good game. If not for Lovren brilliant I would have Hendo my MoTM.
      One thing of note is, as our front three never look near their best we now still at top of the table. It is certain under Klopp our deadly three men will got back their full sharpness and when that come we can have something to happy about. Hope it's sooner rather than later.
      « Last Edit: Oct 08, 2018 04:34:37 pm by skolRED »
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #386: Oct 08, 2018 05:53:57 am
      I think we could do with a 10 but we have had a lot of tough games consecutively and thats what made it so tough for us this week. Chelsea Chelsea Napoli City.

International break then a less intense game against Huddersfield next. Hopefully we can get a few of our front men a goal either with their countries or against far town.
      grooveshark
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 167 posts | 129 
      Reply #387: Oct 08, 2018 05:56:54 am
      Not played the best football this season but the team is joint top of the table. The football could always get better, but what the team now has is that ability to grind out results from a stable defense.

International break has come at a good time, and hopefully no injuries. The next three games should be winnable before the game against Arsenal. Just get some confidence back and then build on that.

Our style of playing frightens Pep. He turned his City into another 'team' that came to stifle us at the expense of their free-flowing dynamic football.
      They had the better chances. Bar that weak Sturridge header, I cannot remember Ederson having to make another save.
      Guardiola also played a good tactical game in a fixture where City have usually lost or drawn. I cannot understand people wanting him to come up and have an open game against the speed of Mane and Salah.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #388: Oct 08, 2018 06:12:43 am
      Geez, they don't make many mistakes when they have the ball, for us to capitalize on, do they?

We just really cancelled each other out so a point well earned as we really didn't create too many chances.

Thank F**k Mahrez took the penno and thank even more F**k that Aguero was off the ground when they got the pen or that was in the back of the net for sure.

Gave my MOTM to Gini but could easily have given it to Lovren who I thought was outstanding.

One thing I was happy about was seeing Trent get a rest and Gomez switching to right back. Was shitting myself at the thought of Trent v Raheem and Leroy Sane but Gomez did a stellar job on both.

Have a nice break lads, don't do too much with your Country Clubs and come back ready to roarrrrrrrrr.
      tomx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,244 posts | 229 
      Reply #389: Oct 08, 2018 08:26:59 am
      Defense is on top this year, but we are lacking in attacking area. I love our midfield players, but we are lacking creativity and passing ability in this area. We need one creative player in January if we want to challenge EPL title.

Hope we can click now with 2 relative easy games against Huddersfield and Cardiff in EPL and Red Star in UCL.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #390: Oct 08, 2018 08:40:06 am
      I think Fabinho is gonna play a big role the 2nd half of the season, having a proper defensive midfielder is going to free up Robbo and Trent to get forward more and provide the overlap which seems to have been lacking the last few games.

Quick Reply