Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Football Manager 2019

Read 8074 times
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Football Manager 2019
      Oct 09, 2018 07:53:07 pm
      Football Manager 2019 brings you closer the heart of the beautiful game than ever before. New features and enhanced game mechanics enable you to control your team in fresh and authentic ways, creating an ever more emergent way of storytelling.

Two core areas of the game, training and tactics, has received significant attention this season with the training module completely overhauled and the tactics creator upgraded to reflect innovations in the modern game.

FM 2019 Headline New Features
      ✔️ New Style
      ✔️ Training Overhaul
      ✔️ VAR and Match Improvements
      ✔️ New Manager Induction
      ✔️ Revamped Tactics Module
      ✔️ Official Bundesliga license

Various Other Improvements
      ✔️ Work Permit Revamp
      ✔️ Newgen Faces Improvement
      ✔️ Expanded Backroom Advice

i bought this one but did not buy 2018 (last years). I have been waiting for some time now. I bought it from https://www.fmscout.com/a-football-manager-2019-steam-key.html
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Re: Football Manager 2019
      Reply #1: Oct 18, 2018 04:02:31 pm
      Beta will be out today :)
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #2: Oct 20, 2018 07:06:55 am
      I'm playing as Stoke. They have a good foundation of players. I had rocky start but now I'm ok.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #3: Oct 23, 2018 11:24:43 am
      I'm playing as Stoke. They have a good foundation of players. I had rocky start but now I'm ok.

I have won the Championship with 100 points and moved to Napoli after the promotion.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,080 posts | 805 
      Reply #4: Oct 23, 2018 11:27:33 am
      How is the game? I became frustrated with the last ones because it seems that I dominated most of the games with 20 shots on target but the opposition ended up scoring with their only chance. plus every year it became too repetitive.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #5: Nov 15, 2018 10:45:31 am
      Lads looking to get this game but also need to buy a laptop. Would a cheapish laptop with 4GB RAM run the game smoothly?
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #6: Nov 25, 2018 06:36:43 am
      Lads looking to get this game but also need to buy a laptop. Would a cheapish laptop with 4GB RAM run the game smoothly?

Yes, it will be fine.

Best FM ever!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #7: Dec 08, 2018 01:00:47 am
      Yeah this is definitely (and finally!) a step in the right direction.

Inverted wingbacks actually work!

My system:

Sweeper Keeper (s)

Inverted wingback (s)
      BPD (d)
      BPD (d)
      Inverted wingback (s)

Halfback
      Mezzala (a)
      BBM

Winger (a)
      Winger (a)

Advanced Forward

Got a save with us using that and absolutely twatting everyone. 65%+ possession and 25+ shots. Clean sheets galore.

Another save with FC Nordsjaellend (spelling?!) in Norway and probably gonna finish fourth after a season with a tweaked variation of that system.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,080 posts | 805 
      Reply #8: Dec 08, 2018 10:55:24 pm

My system:

Sweeper Keeper (s)

Inverted wingback (s)
      BPD (d)
      BPD (d)
      Inverted wingback (s)

Halfback
      Mezzala (a)
      BBM

Winger (a)
      Winger (a)

Advanced Forward

Got a save with us using that and absolutely twatting everyone. 65%+ possession and 25+ shots. Clean sheets galore.

Another save with FC Nordsjaellend (spelling?!) in Norway and probably gonna finish fourth after a season with a tweaked variation of that system.

I heard there were problems again with strikers who have 20 finishing and probably 15 or 16 composure missing one on ones all the time. strikers with no finishing against you scoring haha.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #9: Dec 08, 2018 11:02:02 pm
      I heard there were problems again with strikers who have 20 finishing and probably 15 or 16 composure missing one on ones all the time. strikers with no finishing against you scoring haha.

Yeah, strikers aren’t as easy to work with like previous versions where you could get someone scoring 40+ consistently.

Also set pieces are overpowered. Send your tallest guys up for any set piece and you’ll score lots.

But tactics and training have been developed and it’s a good game again. Enjoying it.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #10: Dec 10, 2018 04:43:20 am

My system:

Sweeper Keeper (s)

Inverted wingback (s)
      BPD (d)
      BPD (d)
      Inverted wingback (s)

Halfback
      Mezzala (a)
      BBM

Winger (a)
      Winger (a)

Advanced Forward

Reverted to that system with my FC Nords...djeiwosksb save and beat the top two teams and another win before the end of the season to finish third and get a EL qualification spot.

£5m to spend and going on a worldwide hunt for young stars. EXCITED.

EDIT: Playing a vertical tiki-take on positive mentality.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #11: Jan 24, 2019 12:03:19 pm
      I didn't bite the bullet and get this one as I was enjoying a Wrexham save on 2018. Has it been easy to adapt to all the new stuff?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #12: Jan 24, 2019 01:29:58 pm
      I haven’t actually gotten an FM game since 15, well technically I got 16 but thought it was sh*te so have stuck with 15 all this time. Is this one worth getting? How do our boys rate on it? Used to find that the game would massively under rate some players.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #13: Jan 26, 2019 05:46:10 am
      Decided to buy the mobile version this year, don’t have the time to invest at my PC and I’ve actually enjoyed it, just finished my first season with Liverpool, eased the league, did okay in CL.

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #14: Mar 14, 2019 09:23:44 am
      I haven’t actually gotten an FM game since 15, well technically I got 16 but thought it was sh*te so have stuck with 15 all this time. Is this one worth getting? How do our boys rate on it? Used to find that the game would massively under rate some players.

Our squad is insanely good. The first XI is pretty much as good as you can get at the start of the game.

This is def worth getting. Should be cheap now, too.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #15: Mar 19, 2019 09:39:51 am
      When you are picking tactics, do you change the role of the position for the most natural role of the player you are picking?

Or do you just keep the same role and the players have to play that role even if isn't their most natural?
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #16: Mar 22, 2019 06:10:18 pm
      When you are picking tactics, do you change the role of the position for the most natural role of the player you are picking?

Or do you just keep the same role and the players have to play that role even if isn't their most natural?

Used to just leave it but now try with the most natural role, switched one of mine to support striker and he has been a revelation
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #17: Mar 28, 2019 01:24:35 pm

I tend to look through the squad and get an idea for how I want the team to play. Then I play around with the set formation and roles the game suggests and change according to the players I've got and what I think will be affective.

But in terms of players and their roles, as long as they have good attributes for the role you have them playing you'll get solid performances out of them. Training them for that role helps too, of course.

I used this in my new save with RP Leipzig and won the league in the first season after tweaking the suggested formation and roles for a gegenpress system:

Pretty much everyone from my midfield to the attackers are not playing in their preferred role but have good stats for each.

This is my Nordsjaellend save where I won the Champions League in the 5th season of the save and same again, mostly they have great stats for the roles that I want them to play in even though they're not fully natural at them:

Quick Reply