Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Pre-Match: Huddersfield Town V Liverpool (20/10/18 - 17:30)

Read 15384 times
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Re: Pre-Match: Huddersfield Town V Liverpool (20/10/18 - 17:30)
      Reply #69: Oct 17, 2018 02:22:49 pm
      Yeah, Poor darlings...
      Here's the thing. How much shorter would the Premier league season be with out Internationals...?
      In fact All League seasons worldwide..??

It would also give the National team more time to train together uninterrupted and give us football connoisseur more of a chance to see the football that matters instead of the namby pamby, second rate National football that they seem to subject us to every four or five weeks.

Edit:-
      Sorry mate just read this and had to add my two cents worth...

Seems to me that it is the Internationals where we tend to pick up most of our injuries from, and that when we have players coming back from injuries, players that need to be eased back into things a International break comes along and that those player trot off to play for their Countries and guess what..? They get re-injured

It is about time that we (LFC) and other clubs start refusing to send players just coming back from injury on International duties. Their first loyalty should be Club, instead of send a player with the understanding they will only play ex-amount of minutes and that agreement gets broken...

Bit more militant than mine, but I couldn't disagree. If the international coaches can't seem to respect the clubs and players club careers, we shouldn't bow to international requirements.

I totally agree that we shouldn't send players just coming back from injury back on international duties simply because of what I said above - that international coaches don't give a f*** as they don't have to deal with the fallout and recuperation of the player after the game.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #70: Oct 17, 2018 02:28:26 pm
      If he is fit and healthy he can even at the great age of 30 still be a very useful player for us.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #71: Oct 17, 2018 02:29:34 pm
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #72: Oct 17, 2018 06:34:10 pm
      Jürgen might be tempted to rest a few for this one, i think thats the route I'd be going down.

Might back fire but the rewards of getting some rest into the likes of Salah, Mane, Van Dijk could be priceless down the line.

We have a squad now so it can be teusted a little more. If it all blows up then Klopp would be slated but he's paid the big bucks to make these decisions.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #73: Oct 17, 2018 06:55:47 pm
      I know that Klopp and Wagner are best mates but for this it has to be set aside.

Three points.

The games we are now getting the results for.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #74: Oct 17, 2018 07:50:23 pm
      Strongest available team for me, what that is at the moment is anyone's guess
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #75: Oct 17, 2018 10:28:29 pm
      I understand we can rest some key players, but I feel that Lallana is pushing it a bit far.

Cracking goal in training. Unstoppable.
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #76: Oct 17, 2018 11:14:46 pm
      I play with the "proven" team, no experiments on the road.

Alisson
      TAA-Gomez-VVD-Robertson
      Gini-Hendo-Milner
      Salah-Mané-Firmino

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #77: Oct 17, 2018 11:48:00 pm
      I agree, but I'll go back to my previous point that all he's had are niggly muscle injuries; nothing structural, no bad breaks or severe ligament damage, nothing that is career threatening.
      The same as Sturridge.

I mean Gerrard actually had parts of his adductor muscle and heel cut away because of post operative infections, and he kept going for a few years after that, even though he had limited movement compared to before he had the infections.

IMO he's just been a bit unlucky, and the fact it's happened at least a couple of times whilst away with England implies it's a training issue that is managed pretty well by the club, but ignored by the England medical team.

I understand someone can be 30 and still do well. He just wasn't effective last year, but by all means I'd love to see him return to form. I wonder however, if Red Star might be the time to use some of these players who need a game. If some guys like Milner or Mo are only just able to play, maybe not  having them play three times in a week would be smart, and the midweek game (all three of them really) should be quite manageable. Or Jürgen could go Hendo, Gini, Milner for all three matches and we take full points. I'm ready for anything.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #78: Oct 18, 2018 06:04:39 am
      I know that Klopp and Wagner are best mates but for this it has to be set aside.

Three points.

The games we are now getting the results for.

Their friendship was irrelevant last season and I see no reason why it would be any different this time.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #79: Oct 18, 2018 12:11:51 pm
      I understand someone can be 30 and still do well. He just wasn't effective last year, but by all means I'd love to see him return to form. I wonder however, if Red Star might be the time to use some of these players who need a game. If some guys like Milner or Mo are only just able to play, maybe not  having them play three times in a week would be smart, and the midweek game (all three of them really) should be quite manageable. Or Jürgen could go Hendo, Gini, Milner for all three matches and we take full points. I'm ready for anything.

He had his moments, but he never really got the run of games to play himself into top form.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #80: Oct 18, 2018 01:09:13 pm
      Lallana hopefully will have been working hard at Melwood so Jürgen can assess where he is fitness wise form wise he stinks when he plays his first few games after a layoff and if we want all these players to find form they will need a run of games and that goes for all the new lads as well as Danny and Adam.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #81: Oct 18, 2018 01:16:26 pm
      Would happily take a 0-1 but would really like to see a performance where we play to somewhere near our potential.

Not easy after an International break but hopefully there is some signs of that rhythm we have been missing in the midfield and forward dept.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #82: Oct 18, 2018 01:43:27 pm
      Would happily take a 0-1 but would really like to see a performance where we play to somewhere near our potential.

Not easy after an International break but hopefully there is some signs of that rhythm we have been missing in the midfield and forward dept.

Btw, what result would you like to see from Chelsea vs United?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #83: Oct 18, 2018 01:58:15 pm
      Btw, what result would you like to see from Chelsea vs United?

Never like to see Utd get any points but in this case a Mourinho masterclass in parking the bus and gaining a valiant draw would be fine by me.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #84: Oct 18, 2018 02:06:07 pm

Remind me who we are playing and what their goal difference currently looks like and then tell me again how you'd be happy with a narrow 1-0 win. Good grief the negativity of some people on these forums, we are talking about Huddersfield FFS, they are garbage, their only use is to help good teams improve their goal difference!
      If we don't win by 2 or 3 goals I'll be disappointed.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #85: Oct 18, 2018 02:09:12 pm
      After a tough run of games, even though not in top gear, we've got a point off City, and Chavs away. Will settle for that.
      But we kinda need to go to Huddersfield and hand them their ass in a paper bag.
      Be a shame not to come away with the 3 points - hope the guys are hungry for it on the day.
      Someone had told me VVD broke two f**king rids, sooo glad to check that's not the case.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #86: Oct 18, 2018 02:11:44 pm
      Lallana needs game time to get himself back into form if he can he is another fabulous option for Jürgen and I think Jürgen rates him very highly.

Yea, we could be doing with the Lallana from the season before last, though hasn't really got back there since. But looking at Studge coming back, gives me hope for Adam ...
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #87: Oct 18, 2018 02:55:36 pm
      Remind me who we are playing and what their goal difference currently looks like and then tell me again how you'd be happy with a narrow 1-0 win. Good grief the negativity of some people on these forums, we are talking about Huddersfield FFS, they are garbage, their only use is to help good teams improve their goal difference!
      If we don't win by 2 or 3 goals I'll be disappointed.

A win is only ever 3 pts!

Apart from the first game of the season they have hardly had their arses handed to them playing at home.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #88: Oct 18, 2018 05:08:48 pm
      Going for a modest 2  0 win, for the Reds. Although it is about time our front line, hit some kind of form. Huddersfield could be the ideal place to start.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #89: Oct 18, 2018 05:19:31 pm
      Lunch time on the beers in Cambridge mass,might be sacrilicious but i do wish ya could get John Smiths bitter over here. :ernaehrung004: Hope we batter them i like a smug victory beer .
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #90: Oct 18, 2018 05:30:03 pm
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #91: Oct 18, 2018 05:33:27 pm
      Hopefully sadio is looking good as well

Quick Reply