Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre-Match: Huddersfield Town V Liverpool (20/10/18 - 17:30)

Read 15369 times
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Re: Pre-Match: Huddersfield Town V Liverpool (20/10/18 - 17:30)
      Reply #46: Oct 16, 2018 12:20:50 pm
      Yes, sounds now like Milner and Mo will both be fit.

People calling for Fabinho and Lallana. I think if we see either of them starting a match it would be vs. Red Star. I can see that for Fab, not so sure about Adam.

Reading through his player thread, it's apparent that some have forgotten just how effective Lallana can be.
      He scores a few, sets up a few, good in tight spaces, but he is also a nightmare to play against because he just never stops harrying, niggling away, tackling, chasing, tracking back etc etc

The only real question about the lad is not one of ability, but one of fitness and injury problems.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #47: Oct 16, 2018 12:32:06 pm
      Gomez back at CB, Keita into midfield and Shaqiri in for either Mo or Mane (hopefully one of them are fit). Toss up between Firmino or Sturridge for the central spot.

Last month was the 'headline' month with all the big fixtures but the reality is this coming month is much, much more important. 10/12 in the next four league games and the double over Red Star puts us in a fantastic position.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #48: Oct 16, 2018 12:36:19 pm
      Reading through his player thread, it's apparent that some have forgotten just how effective Lallana can be.
      He scores a few, sets up a few, good in tight spaces, but he is also a nightmare to play against because he just never stops harrying, niggling away, tackling, chasing, tracking back etc etc

The only real question about the lad is not one of ability, but one of fitness and injury problems.

Pretty big question though isn't it. BTW when was the last time Adam actually played a string of games for us, games where he had a meaningful impact?
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #49: Oct 16, 2018 01:03:17 pm

It’s a matter of can we get him to the fitness he needs to be without harming results.

Our fixture list right now is ideal for this. Before his first big injury for us he was the best player on the pitch for us for about 4 months straight. Short memories mate as we know too well from countless other players.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #50: Oct 16, 2018 01:11:48 pm
      It’s a matter of can we get him to the fitness he needs to be without harming results.

Our fixture list right now is ideal for this. Before his first big injury for us he was the best player on the pitch for us for about 4 months straight. Short memories mate as we know too well from countless other players.

I'm hopeful it's just one of those periods players sometimes go through where they never seem to have any luck with injuries.

As far as I'm aware, it's all been muscle injuries, so that's a good sign.
      I think it's time for him to hang up his international boots as well.
      I don't know what successive England managers do in training, but a lot of Lallana's problems seem to happen when he goes away on international duty.

In fact, if I had my way, international matches would be scrapped.
      A complete waste of time, just to enrich a few corrupt FIFA tw*ts.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #51: Oct 16, 2018 03:38:20 pm
      Keita done his thigh now.

F***ing internationals.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #52: Oct 16, 2018 03:43:52 pm
      Keita done his thigh now.

F***ing internationals.

I knew it, I just F***ing knew it.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #53: Oct 16, 2018 04:12:18 pm
      Internationals.....
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #54: Oct 16, 2018 04:19:43 pm
      Why does it always feel like most of our players or most players in general get injured when with their country and not with the club.

I hate international football. There should be qualifiers for tournaments, tournaments and that is it! Friendlies or pointless competitions like the Nations League should be in the summer.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #55: Oct 16, 2018 07:33:29 pm

No doubt these thing s were true two seasons.ago. just not sure if he can bounce back as.he gets older. Hope so.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #56: Oct 16, 2018 08:35:19 pm
      So I am just learning :o... The only Internationals I follow is the Euros and World Cup, don't even watch the Qualifiers
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #57: Oct 16, 2018 08:44:56 pm
      F***ing hate them  :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #58: Oct 16, 2018 08:47:09 pm
      I hate international football. There should be qualifiers for tournaments, tournaments and that is it! Friendlies or pointless competitions like the Nations League should be in the summer.
      Been say that forever...(except the National League which only started this year) But even that should be played post season
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #59: Oct 16, 2018 10:54:10 pm
      Been say that forever...(except the National League which only started this year) But even that should be played post season

All well and good, but then players will never get time to recuperate. They'll be playing (working) all year round.
      A bit like us lesser mortals. Poor darlings.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #60: Oct 17, 2018 10:17:42 am
      Lallana needs game time to get himself back into form if he can he is another fabulous option for Jürgen and I think Jürgen rates him very highly.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #61: Oct 17, 2018 10:49:19 am
      Lallana needs game time to get himself back into form if he can he is another fabulous option for Jürgen and I think Jürgen rates him very highly.
      I understand we can rest some key players, but I feel that Lallana is pushing it a bit far.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #62: Oct 17, 2018 10:51:08 am
      Why does it always feel like most of our players or most players in general get injured when with their country and not with the club.

most the injuries are coming from African Cup qualification. Mane, Salah, Keita.. etc... I think the culture regarding what is a permissable challenge might be a bit different in that region. Such skilled player need protection from lower quality players going on rash.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #63: Oct 17, 2018 11:54:34 am
      No doubt these thing s were true two seasons.ago. just not sure if he can bounce back as.he gets older. Hope so.

He's 30 mate.
      I know some would have you believe that as soon as a player turns 30 he's on the decline, but that's really not the case.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #64: Oct 17, 2018 12:32:43 pm
      most the injuries are coming from African Cup qualification. Mane, Salah, Keita.. etc... I think the culture regarding what is a permissable challenge might be a bit different in that region. Such skilled player need protection from lower quality players going on rash.

Salah has a groin injury and Mane broke his thumb during training, so I don't think it's related to permissible challenges, think we're just generally unlucky with players on international duty. Lallana, Studge and Sterling all came back injured whilst away with England at in one season when the little sh*t was still playing for us if I remember correctly.

I'm much more annoyed that Salah was still playing in the last minute of Egypt's game whilst they were 4-1 up when he got taken off injured - was it really necessary to force him to play 90 minutes? International coaches have never given a flying f*** about clubs and it drives me insane. The least they can do is consider the poor lad's career a teeny bit for fook sake.
      « Last Edit: Oct 17, 2018 12:50:31 pm by ozi_wozzy »
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #65: Oct 17, 2018 12:42:19 pm
      He's 30 mate.
      I know some would have you believe that as soon as a player turns 30 he's on the decline, but that's really not the case.

Somewhere in Liverpool James Milner is smiling and nodding in agreement.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #66: Oct 17, 2018 12:47:10 pm
      All well and good, but then players will never get time to recuperate. They'll be playing (working) all year round.
      A bit like us lesser mortals. Poor darlings.
      Yeah, Poor darlings...
      Here's the thing. How much shorter would the Premier league season be with out Internationals...?
      In fact All League seasons worldwide..??

It would also give the National team more time to train together uninterrupted and give us football connoisseur more of a chance to see the football that matters instead of the namby pamby, second rate National football that they seem to subject us to every four or five weeks.

Edit:-
      Salah has a groin injury and Mane broke his thumb during training, so I don't think it's related to permissible challenges, think we're just generally unlucky with players on international duty. Lallana, Studge and Sterling all came back injured whilst away with England at in one season when the little sh*t was still playing for us if I remember correctly.

I'm much more annoyed that Salah was still playing in the last minute of Egypt's game whilst they were 4-1 up when he got taken off injured - was it really necessary to force him to play 90 minutes? International coaches have never given a flying f*** about clubs and it drives me insane. The least they can do is consider the poor lad's career a teeny bit for fook sake.

I'm more

Sorry mate just read this and had to add my two cents worth...

Seems to me that it is the Internationals where we tend to pick up most of our injuries from, and that when we have players coming back from injuries, players that need to be eased back into things a International break comes along and that those player trot off to play for their Countries and guess what..? They get re-injured

It is about time that we (LFC) and other clubs start refusing to send players just coming back from injury on International duties. Their first loyalty should be Club, instead of send a player with the understanding they will only play ex-amount of minutes and that agreement gets broken...
      « Last Edit: Oct 17, 2018 01:03:48 pm by The Real Donavan Ried »
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,623 posts | 477 
      Reply #67: Oct 17, 2018 01:10:31 pm
      He's 30 mate.

But you have to be playing regularly to be good at 30, which does not seems to be the case here.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #68: Oct 17, 2018 01:20:59 pm
      But you have to be playing regularly to be good at 30, which does not seems to be the case here.

I agree, but I'll go back to my previous point that all he's had are niggly muscle injuries; nothing structural, no bad breaks or severe ligament damage, nothing that is career threatening.
      The same as Sturridge.

I mean Gerrard actually had parts of his adductor muscle and heel cut away because of post operative infections, and he kept going for a few years after that, even though he had limited movement compared to before he had the infections.

IMO he's just been a bit unlucky, and the fact it's happened at least a couple of times whilst away with England implies it's a training issue that is managed pretty well by the club, but ignored by the England medical team.

Quick Reply