Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Huddersfield?

Alisson
      1 (0.9%)
      Joe Gomez
      29 (27.1%)
      Dejan Lovren
      3 (2.8%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      15 (14%)
      Andy Robertson
      5 (4.7%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Adam Lallana
      5 (4.7%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      25 (23.4%)
      Mohammed Salah
      19 (17.8%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      1 (0.9%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      3 (2.8%)
      Roberto Firmino
      1 (0.9%)

Total Members Voted: 106

Voting closed: Oct 24, 2018 07:24:26 pm

Huddersfield Town 0-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 18706 times
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Re: Huddersfield Town 0-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #299: Oct 20, 2018 10:10:48 pm
      Desperate for someone creative in midfield in Jan

We have Keita, Shaq and Lallana. Every one of them could have his breakthrough at some point soon, though I favor Shaq to be our next Coutinho. With very little game time he showed his potential and assisted Salah in his goal. Fekir is not special enough and remember how long it takes Fabinho to settle in, coming from France, so Fekir wouldn't be a gimme. And then don't forget that Ox will be back sooner or later. Right now I'd only take Coutinho back at this point, no one else, we're settled and it's up to Jürgen to unleash our true potential.

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #300: Oct 20, 2018 10:28:07 pm
      Crap performance but very important 3 points, to many new players in the team plus international break. Bright points were Shaqiri, Lallana and Mo who is getting back to his best
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #301: Oct 20, 2018 10:28:53 pm
      The main priority, winning all three points. Although a lacklustre performance on the whole. When is our attack going to step up a gear !!
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #302: Oct 20, 2018 10:31:20 pm
      There's no reason we wont click at some point and we have given ourselves a great platform for a good league campaign.

For me though City are still well clear of us squad wise and there's lots of players there who have won big trophies.

We just have to take care of our own displays and see where it takes us.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #303: Oct 20, 2018 10:53:49 pm
      Really ? Think you need to watch it again his pace and mobility got us into trouble more times than it got us out of it

;D shouldn't really reply to someone who clearly was drunk watching the game but you are wrong.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,094 posts | 1632 
      Reply #304: Oct 20, 2018 10:57:26 pm

;D shouldn't really reply to someone who clearly was drunk watching the game but you are wrong.

Yeh whatever  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #305: Oct 20, 2018 10:59:50 pm
      That Huddersfield team should really be winning games if it weren't for their poor offensive options up front. They harassed the crap out of us for most of the game. Hat's off to Wagner and his team.

We lack sharpness, which is a little worrying as City don't seem to be having that problem, but hopefully as long as our defense continues to stand up, it will give us a little bit of time to get the kinks out. Salah needs to work on his touch...really let him down time an time again today. If this had been last year he'd have had a hat trick easily. I will say this was a mixed up lineup that hasn't played much together so it's understandable that there was some lack of fluidity. Still think Gomez needs to be at CB, he was our best player today I thought.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #306: Oct 20, 2018 11:12:29 pm
      Any 3 points away from home is always a bonus.

I’m happy
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #307: Oct 20, 2018 11:14:15 pm
      Thought that this would be the game we finally click into gear and blow the other team away, but I was wrong, that performance was a mess from start to finish. It’s a worry that after 9 games City already have a +10 GD difference over us, it’s essentially another point or 2.
      We were poor, constantly giving the ball away, out of shape, struggling to handle their pressing and created very little.
      Other than the 3 points, their are few positives to take from the game. But, it’s the 3 points that matter so if we do that another another 24 times this season I’d absolutely be delighted with that!
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #308: Oct 20, 2018 11:45:42 pm
      Thought that was one of our worst games. Nothing seemed to be flowing properly, and several players were being too careless.

In the end we were fortunate to return home with the win.

Salah was much to blame. Ball bounced off him as many times as he controlled it, and so we wasted several good opportunities. He scored well though, and on occasions he showed hints of his abilities.

Positives were Shaqiri who put a good fight for a place, Lallana who seemed to be relaxed and enjoying his football.. and the 3 points.

Lots of improvements needed though.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #309: Oct 21, 2018 12:08:47 am
      Huddersfield missed a couple of chances, yes. But a better final ball here and there from us and the game is totally done and dusted. Now at some point we have to start actually delivering and not just pointing that out, but we know these players have the quality to deliver and I am just as positive as we've added the grinding aspect of winning matches.

Just to add Fabinho I thought did well in his stint. With knocks to Henderson and maybe Milner, wouldn't mind seeing Fab on from the start vs. Red Star.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #310: Oct 21, 2018 12:10:17 am
      Keita and mane not available
      Hendo, Milner and firmino not fully fit
      Minutes for lalana, Studge, Fabinho and Shaqiri
      First game back after an international break
      Away game
      Disjointed performance
      Only three goals conceded all season
      Joint top on points
      Undefeated
      Team wasn’t clicking fully before the international break
      Three points

Time for some tweaking at melwood and we will be utterly fine.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #311: Oct 21, 2018 12:17:15 am
      Got in
      Got the goal
      Got clean sheet
      Got three points
      Got out.

I've lost count of the amount of times, posters crying about not grinding out big 1-0 wins away from home when we need to. They're still crying about them now even when we get them.

This was a banana skin game, with 3 players out injured, against a stubborn opponent who took City to the wire there last season and beat the mancs 12 months ago. It was never going to be a tiki taka extravaganza and it wasn't, but it doesn't matter now. We got what we wanted, and it's 4 wins out of 5 on the road.

This could be a big 3 points. Beat Cardiff next week and we go 3 points clear, for 24 hours. Stop moaning ffs. There are plenty of clubs who would love to be where we are.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #312: Oct 21, 2018 12:22:36 am
      Sloppy performance but came away with all 3 points. Can't not be happy about that.

Roll on .....
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #313: Oct 21, 2018 12:27:21 am
      Keita out, Mane out, to be honest I would have taken a draw before the start of the game and to come away with 3 points is a big big bonus. Shaqiri is someone that we need to run into those spaces in the oppo defence and we haven't got anyone that can do that at the moment. It could have been 2-0 to us if lallana had not gone in the way of Studge. Difference between lallana and Shaqiri being Shaqiri makes the final all important pass while lallana is showboating all the way with not much end result to show all these years.

I wouldn;t be too worry, with the injured players still to come back, we can only get better. Salah is slowly getting his confidence back. Some said we don;t have shape and form, but to be fair, with mane and keita out, we can't demand that. All these freaky international games must stop, we always come back with players injured with some kind of freaking incidents. 
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #314: Oct 21, 2018 01:15:55 am
      Why was the ref so scared to book their players? Lallana got a pathetic yellow card that should never have been given, yet Hogg blatantly fouled Gini by pulling him back and then ran his studs down the back of his leg, no booking. An incident in the 1st half for a foul on Sturridge, no booking and when Lallana was fouled with his ankle stood on just before he went off, no booking.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #315: Oct 21, 2018 02:56:21 am
      Why was the ref so scared to book their players? Lallana got a pathetic yellow card that should never have been given, yet Hogg blatantly fouled Gini by pulling him back and then ran his studs down the back of his leg, no booking. An incident in the 1st half for a foul on Sturridge, no booking and when Lallana was fouled with his ankle stood on just before he went off, no booking.

Oliver. Best ref the league has to offer.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,475 posts | 701 
      Reply #316: Oct 21, 2018 02:57:15 am
      yes!!!!  :angel: good win, will take 7 1-0's against crappy teams if it means to dont drop points against them ;D
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #317: Oct 21, 2018 05:00:55 am
      Keita out, Mane out, to be honest I would have taken a draw before the start of the game and to come away with 3 points is a big big bonus.

Mate I'm apologise picking only this part of your post. But as the club like us aiming for title winning and at this stage of Klopp's project, missing few key players and we struggling against the 19th team is something to worry about, IMO.

I'm really confident before game we can win this, and delight we won. We have luck by our side the ref not give them a pen (Milner) and maybe their disallow goal not offside but even so I still think we can up our game to get a win.     

Great thing is Mo got the goal he really need, a lot more to continue hopefully.  Disappoint thing is Lovren still look the same player who can make our back fragile at some point in the game.
      RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #318: Oct 21, 2018 07:07:48 am
      Off the international break, with a few injuries and away from home, one of those games we have always stumbled with historically and yesterday we got the 1-0 win without ever looking even half decent.

Good 3 points and we move on.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #319: Oct 21, 2018 07:45:27 am
      WE got the 3 points away from home,we are still unbeaten in the league and that will do me.I would willingly take winning every away match 1-0 for the rest of the season.Well done Jürgen Klopp's REDS.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #320: Oct 21, 2018 09:07:28 am
      Mate I'm apologise picking only this part of your post. But as the club like us aiming for title winning and at this stage of Klopp's project, missing few key players and we struggling against the 19th team is something to worry about, IMO.

I'm really confident before game we can win this, and delight we won. We have luck by our side the ref not give them a pen (Milner) and maybe their disallow goal not offside but even so I still think we can up our game to get a win.     

Great thing is Mo got the goal he really need, a lot more to continue hopefully.  Disappoint thing is Lovren still look the same player who can make our back fragile at some point in the game.

Lovren played fine no issues with the defence.

Most other seasons we draw or lose that game after an international break coupled with injuries to key players.

Mo scored and looked a bit sharper.

We're not even in form and joint top of the table with a free scoring City.

I'm happy with that result.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #321: Oct 21, 2018 09:08:51 am

Becuase he's a shitbag wimp of a ref.

Quick Reply