Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Non home grown players being reduced to 13 per squad.

Read 3972 times
      Ribapuru
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Non home grown players being reduced to 13 per squad.
      Nov 21, 2018 09:41:26 am
      FA are planning to reduce the quota from 17 to 13 per squad, so teams will need 12 English players instead of the current 8.

Personally I think 13 is going to be a hard reduction, 15 might be more reasonable.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/nov/20/fa-cut-overseas-players-regardless-brexit

Moreno, Mignolet out I think, to accommodate this rule of it comes in.
      It's going to be hard for all teams to get good enough English players... We'd better hang onto Solanke in light of such developments.

I'm not sure if this should have gone in Kop or general. Please move if necessary.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Re: Non home grown players being reduced to 13 per squad.
      Reply #1: Nov 21, 2018 11:03:08 am
      Mignolet, Matip, Moreno, Markovic, Origi.

That's 5 out. LFC only needs 3 out in the proposed scenario. Issue will most likely be that Homegrown Players become more expensive.
      Even with that being the case TAA & Gomez have shown the path is there so 1 or 2 more from the Academy makes it a bit easier.

Sancho from Dortmund.
      Sessegnon from Fulham.
      Grabara or Kelleher.
      Woodburn or Camacho.

Within a couple of seasons that would be job done.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #2: Nov 22, 2018 02:55:23 am
      No real issue for us, will be City and Arsenal that are fu**ed.
      Just even more reason to bin off the sh*te like Migs and Moreno.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #3: Nov 22, 2018 11:28:48 am
      I am all for give young talent a chance to improve, but I feel that the FA should leave things as they are, or me this has more to do with the mood in the country because of Brexit than bring on young players... Clubs could do more for the youth system by loaning out their players to Dutch clubs who ahave proven records of bring players on, and Championship and League One teams...
      Yes youth players for the England team will be spotted easier, but that does not mean the quality will be better as they would not have had to fight thier way through as much, and English teams will suffer more in the CL/Europa League because of it
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #4: Nov 22, 2018 12:22:44 pm
      Very easy for the FA to lecture people including the pl on grassroots football etc but a organisation which is so bloated like the FA should get it's own house in order first. Very easy to say bin off x and y but players need replacing.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #5: Nov 22, 2018 12:30:34 pm
      I am all for give young talent a chance to improve, but I feel that the FA should leave things as they are, or me this has more to do with the mood in the country because of Brexit than bring on young players... Clubs could do more for the youth system by loaning out their players to Dutch clubs who ahave proven records of bring players on, and Championship and League One teams...
      Yes youth players for the England team will be spotted easier, but that does not mean the quality will be better as they would not have had to fight thier way through as much, and English teams will suffer more in the CL/Europa League because of it

There is nothing to back up you assertion that English teams will suffer more in the CL/Europa League because of it.
      Having Mignolet, Moreno, Markovic or Matip, Moreno, Markovic or Moreno, Markovic, Origi replaced with 3 players that are classed as HG will not impact on LFC's ability to compete in Europe.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #6: Nov 23, 2018 04:55:14 pm
      Haven't the Premier League told the FA to F**k off with this idea?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #7: Nov 23, 2018 05:57:07 pm
      Haven't the Premier League told the FA to f**k off with this idea?

yes and rightly so the Premier league is not really a National league anymore is it?. Imagine never having seen Jan Molby or Torres.
      What they should be looking at is why players from this country aren't good enough in sufficient numbers.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #8: Nov 23, 2018 08:30:10 pm
      There is nothing to back up you assertion that English teams will suffer more in the CL/Europa League because of it.

It is not an assertion, It's am opinion
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #9: Nov 23, 2018 11:44:32 pm

An opinion.
      "I think"
      "It's my opinion that"

You've framed it as a statement of fact and it's nonsense.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #10: Nov 24, 2018 05:14:00 am
      when you look at the garbage like Mignolet and Moreno was getting inside first teams whilst talent like Woodburn, Solanke etc... Get u23 games or sent on loan until they stagnate, it makes your opinion flawed. There's a lot of very good players not getting a chance to develop. Nathaniel Phillips is easily better than some players getting first team football in the PL, it's hard to figure out why he isn't getting football somewhere. He'll be the next one that will fall through the net I suppose.

Quick Reply