Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Red Star?

Alisson
      1 (0.8%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      5 (4.2%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      14 (11.9%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      52 (44.1%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      7 (5.9%)
       Fabinho
      27 (22.9%)
      Sadio Mane
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      7 (5.9%)
      Roberto Firmino
      4 (3.4%)
      Alberto Moreno
      0 (0%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      1 (0.8%)

Total Members Voted: 117

Voting closed: Oct 28, 2018 08:52:16 pm

Liverpool 4-0 Red Star Belgrade: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 19093 times
      Fourbrick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 844 posts | 235 
      Re: Liverpool 4-0 Red Star Belgrade: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #299: Oct 25, 2018 09:58:35 am
      Shaqiri deffo man of the match. I agree with others who say we might have found our replacement for Coutinho. He's like a little terrier having a go at the bigger dogs..
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #300: Oct 25, 2018 10:07:39 am
      I love Shaq & deffo think he should start more; his first touch is world class and his passing is quick & very accurate.  He can provide the creativity from the middle of the park we've been missing.

Fab made an excellent start; good tackling, nice pass on him, plenty to be optimistic about.

An easy win once the first goal went in, but they were very poor.  They were actually 40 or 50/1 to win the game with some bookies!

Like to see a similar side start the next couple of games, see how that midfield shapes up against stiffer tests.

One thing's for sure though, once Keita gets up to speed, Fab settles in and Ox comes back, competition for the midfield spots will be fierce, and that can only bode well for future performances.

Hopefully we're out of a mini-slump relatively unscathed and an exciting couple of months to Christmas to look forward to.  Plus I'm going up for the Newcastle game on Boxing Day (Mrs not happy but hey-ho!) so an early Merry Christmas for me!!

COYR!!!!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #301: Oct 25, 2018 10:10:49 am
      the win was great but more importantly for me was the way we once again "clicked" we looked so good from 20 mins on it was such a relief to see and the front three scoring may just shut the experts up for a while.
      Also the Boss, what a man and the contrast between him and the other muppet down the East Lancs Road is just incredible.
      Lets ask Keith from his sick bed who would he like to visit him in Hospital Jürgen or Jose.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,481 posts | 3286 
      Reply #302: Oct 25, 2018 11:44:18 am
      I went for Bobby as MOM

For me he was superb throughout dropping deep to play a sort of 9 and half role , some of his little touches were brilliant and took his goal superbly

Can see the old sharpness coming back
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #303: Oct 25, 2018 12:26:05 pm
      Solid performance, and very happy with Fabinho's performance. It's a poor opposition but he looked like he's been playing with the team for a long time. Really like his composure. He and Shaq were excellent and should give a kick up the back side to the others. In fact, I'm increasingly thinking it looks like a much more balanced side with a purely defensive midfielder in Fab, someone who can do both, box-to-box with Keita and a creative AM with Shaq.

Very nice headache to have.

Crack on lads, solid win.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #304: Oct 25, 2018 12:31:15 pm
      I went for Bobby as MOM

For me he was superb throughout dropping deep to play a sort of 9 and half role , some of his little touches were brilliant and took his goal superbly

Can see the old sharpness coming back

Nearly went for Firmino, but decided Shaqiri in the end, he did his job almost perfectly and looks to be adding better defensive skills to his game.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Re: Liverpool 4-0 : In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #305: Oct 25, 2018 01:16:16 pm
      check the score and stop looking for negatives if you cant enjoy that tonight really whats the point
      How is looking at how players played overall looking for negatives...? And if you still think that it is then you need to go back and look at "Any" post you made after We(LFC) won a game and you were unhappy with a player, or were you think that a particular play should have either been playing or not.

And btw, I very much enjoyed to night (Last nights game). I think Lallana came on with Klopp's view to start Shaqiri against Cardiff on Saturday, in which case I understand that, but it does not mean that cannot point out the difference in class between the two, or the difference in approach in play
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #306: Oct 25, 2018 01:27:17 pm
      lucky we dipping out the Carling cup, or we'd be considering which players to rest against Cardiff.
      Know what you are saying, but I would sooner we have that choice than not
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #307: Oct 25, 2018 01:29:00 pm
      Interesting that our two new lads were the star performers last night.

They look so hungry and eager to prove they deserve a place in the first 11.

Great to see.

So true and Shaqiri was even tracking back  ;D
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #308: Oct 25, 2018 01:31:29 pm
      Shaqiri deffo man of the match. I agree with others who say we might have found our replacement for Coutinho. He's like a little terrier having a go at the bigger dogs..
      It's not about the size of the dog in the fight that counts. It's about the size of the fight in the dog  >:D
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #309: Oct 25, 2018 03:36:15 pm
      It's not about the size of the dog in the fight that counts. It's about the size of the fight in the dog  >:D

well, if it's dog fights we are talking about...I rather like the big dog.  ;D

(no animals were harmed in the making of this message board post)
      Fourbrick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 844 posts | 235 
      Reply #310: Oct 25, 2018 03:55:23 pm
      Amazed at the progress of Joe Gomez. He's turning into a brilliant  CM. I can see him and VVD becoming an awesome couple, if they aren't already.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #311: Oct 25, 2018 05:01:55 pm
      well, if it's dog fights we are talking about...I rather like the big dog.  ;D

(no animals were harmed in the making of this message board post)
      THAT WAS CLASSIC  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: wish i could give you a plus two  ;D
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #312: Oct 25, 2018 08:10:30 pm
      I have to ask, were Red Star poor because of us or are they just a poor team in general? I mean, they beat Salzburg to qualify for CL and drew vs Napoli....

And I had to throw this out here, I was very impressed with how we handled their high pressing, they had 5-6 players at times for the first 15-25 mins, yet didn't really trouble us.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #313: Oct 25, 2018 08:29:01 pm
      I had to watch a shitty stream on my cellphone at the pub, F***ing tnt/bleacher report,missed all the goals cos  :f_steam:.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #314: Oct 25, 2018 08:29:09 pm
      I have to ask, were Red Star poor because of us or are they just a poor team in general? I mean, they beat Salzburg to qualify for CL and drew vs Napoli....

And I had to throw this out here, I was very impressed with how we handled their high pressing, they had 5-6 players at times for the first 15-25 mins, yet didn't really trouble us.
      I don't know. I don't think that they are a bad team, I think that we just defended real well and that Midfield players Gini, Shaqiri and Fab'  just did a lot to win the ball back high up the field.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #315: Oct 25, 2018 08:32:42 pm
      I had to watch a shitty stream on my cellphone at the pub, f**king tnt/bleacher report,missed all the goals cos  :f_steam:.
      You do know that if you have unlimited data that you just need a laptop and you can tether the laptop to the phone...?
      (boasting because i just learnt to do this two months ago  ;D)
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #316: Oct 25, 2018 08:34:48 pm
      I don't know. I don't think that they are a bad team, I think that we just defended real well and that Midfield players Gini, Shaqiri and Fab'  just did a lot to win the ball back high up the field.

Yeah, I agree, would throw Firmino into the equation too as he was part of our midfield a lot, but yeah, having more technical players in the midfield was probably the reason we weathered the storm and was able to play through it and take control of the match.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #317: Oct 25, 2018 08:41:15 pm
      Yeah, I agree, would throw Firmino into the equation too as he was part of our midfield a lot, but yeah, having more technical players in the midfield was probably the reason we weathered the storm and was able to play through it and take control of the match.

Totally correct,was thinking that when writing the last post
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #318: Oct 25, 2018 08:42:45 pm
      You do know that if you have unlimited data that you just need a laptop and you can tether the laptop to the phone...?
      (boasting because i just learnt to do this two months ago  ;D)

I don't carry my laptop around with me.finished work early so went to the pub  for lunch then couldn't be assed to go home.my fault! :food-smiley-005:..
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #319: Oct 25, 2018 10:38:07 pm

That first 20 minutes storm was doing my head in. Ball pinging about, giving it straight back to them, giving silly fouls away.
      I thought the ref was gonna book Fabinho when he slid in and caught yer man early on, thankfully he didn't and Fab went on to really get a grip in midfield alongside Gini and those two unlocked the key moving it quickly forward to Bobby and Shaq's feet.
      He's gonna be some player in a red shirt that Fabinho, he's brilliant ! He can play a sweet pass alright.

They're a decent side but they fell hard just like all the others have.

Anfield welcomes them all but Anfield has and will, crush them all into tiny pieces.
      Really pleased for Mo Salah who answered his critics in style. he'll bang a couple more in at the weekend too no doubt.

Great to see Jürgen's laughter from the bench when Sturridge tried another Stamford Bridge from 35 yards and put it in row Z.
      Good job we were 4-0 up at the time Danny ;D

God help Cardiff City !

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #320: Oct 25, 2018 11:28:28 pm
      Get the F**k in. Made up with our performance last night, seems to be clicking into place now.

Beastly performances from a lot of the lads out their last night but my standout for MOTM was Fabinho.

Well done lads and to top it off got the correct score prediction.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #321: Oct 26, 2018 07:47:02 am

He wasn’t just playing in midfield he was the deepest midfielder we had a few times 😂

I liked it though, he came deep, played a pass and got forward and nobody knew how to pick him up

Quick Reply