Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Cardiff?

Alisson
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Dejan Lovren
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      1 (0.9%)
      Alberto Moreno
      0 (0%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)
       Fabinho
      7 (6.2%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      6 (5.3%)
      Sadio Mane
      24 (21.2%)
      Mohammed Salah
      65 (57.5%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      10 (8.8%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 112

Voting closed: Oct 31, 2018 03:51:17 pm

Liverpool 4-1 Cardiff City: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 20550 times
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Re: Live: Liverpool V Cardiff
      Reply #23: Oct 27, 2018 02:20:29 pm
      Not particularly happy with Moreno and Lallana coming in for Robbo and Shaqiri.

Lovren and Moreno in the same line up worries me enough for a game that could be made harder than it should be. Generally not keen on defensive rotation when it’s not really necessary, it’s arguably the most important area on the pitch where you need consistency and rhythm. Our back 4 of Trent, Gomez, VVD and Robbo is the best we’ve had for a long time and I see no reason why, for the 3rd league game running, it’s been broken up.

Salah hat trick.
      This.

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #24: Oct 27, 2018 02:20:46 pm
      Moreno...Ok Boss, ill go with whatever you thinking 🤔
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #25: Oct 27, 2018 02:20:48 pm
      Yeah if we get out of here with a clean sheet, I’ll be surprised. Moreno giving away a penalty is my guess. Either way, still expect a convincing win. Went 4-0 in the prediction league but thinking 4-1 now.
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,860 posts | 165 
      Reply #26: Oct 27, 2018 02:21:18 pm
      Milner at lb would be preferable, surprised shaq not starting after coming off Wednesday.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #27: Oct 27, 2018 02:22:40 pm
      Would've gone with Shaqiri but Klopp wants Lallana back to full fitness and it makes sense to do that in this type of home game. Shaq is unlucky to miss out but he has shown enough to be in contention week in week out.

I h ave a feeling Lallana was chosen over Shaqiri because of Moreno? Anyway, I would have like to have seen Clyne instead of Moreno, but whatever. On paper, we are far stronger and should be winning this easy.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #28: Oct 27, 2018 02:22:56 pm
      Terrible. I'm not concerned about today, think we can still win... but there's still another 7 days until arsenal. Our first 11 will get rusty and less connected.

And if players like Lallana and Moreno don't get game time at some point then they'll be even rustier when it comes to relying on them to play for whatever reason. It's Cardiff at home, if we can't beat them with the team we've put out then we don't deserve to be in the top four nevermind competing for the title.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #29: Oct 27, 2018 02:23:06 pm
      Azpillicueta has managed it for over 2 seasons now so I don’t buy that for a second.

Chelsea didn’t have any other option really and a lot of times he was part of a back three as opposed to a maurading Full back - it’s a squad game and got to manage the players well to ensure the team challenges on all fronts. Got to trust the players and the manager

We have a lot of games coming up

For years people complained due to a lack of strength in depth and flogging the players to death - now we rotate to keep players fresh and give players a rest during a very intense period of the season with two games a week and still people complain

Sometimes I think people complain for the sake of it

The team playing today is more than capable of winning well and keeping a clean sheet - Christ let the game kick off before the boot is put in
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #30: Oct 27, 2018 02:23:17 pm
      Surprising line up but we need players fit and in form and getting Adam and Moreno game time and finding some form is necessary.
      We need players fresh when the April and May games are all must win. I am sure Shaq is a bit miffed but he must please that he is slowly becoming an important part of this team.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #31: Oct 27, 2018 02:23:27 pm
      As surprised as anyone,  but you can't say those X1 starters are not good enough to beat Cardiff,
      Wee Bertie in particular has to prove to Jürgen that he can be relied upon to do a job when he plays, Lallana needs to concentrate on what he does best and leave the Hollywood stuff with his clothes,
      Pleased that Fabinho keeps his place as i believe he will prove undroppable(is that a actual word ?) as the season gets older,

Can only see a Reds win anything else would be considered a kick in the bawbag  and simply not good enough.

4-0 Champions Elect

YNWA
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #32: Oct 27, 2018 02:23:42 pm
      Surprised at these changes especially to back four tbh with a weeks rest
      It may be about trying to maintain a level of match fitness and sharpness about the team in general more than any thing else or then again Klopp maybe wanting to field the same team vs Red star next week
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #33: Oct 27, 2018 02:24:15 pm
      I h ave a feeling Lallana was chosen over Shaqiri because of Moreno? Anyway, I would have like to have seen Clyne instead of Moreno, but whatever. On paper, we are far stronger and should be winning this easy.

Robertson needs the rest over Trent though.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #34: Oct 27, 2018 02:25:02 pm
      Moreno...Ok Boss, ill go with whatever you thinking 🤔

Interview on the official site had Klopp praising Moreno and saying he's been outstanding at Melwood this season, and it's only that Robertson has been so brilliant which has kept him out.

I don't doubt his ability as a footballer, just his ability as a defender, and being prone to brain farts.
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #35: Oct 27, 2018 02:25:20 pm
      Never happy to see Moreno in the team and it’s s risk for my mind whenever he plays. If you are going to play I’d be far more comfortable having the pace of Gomez in the side behind him. Not at all surprised to see Lallana in the side for Shaqiri, Klopp loves him and he looks very sharp to me. I just worry seeing Moreno, our back four has been so strong, why risk it?
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #36: Oct 27, 2018 02:25:53 pm
      Robertson needs the rest over Trent though.

I think it’s actually a measure of how vital Robbo is to us that he’s getting a rest after a nasty wee knock on Wednesday.

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #37: Oct 27, 2018 02:27:55 pm
      Meh.

Should still be winning this one comfortably. We're at home to Cardiff with our strongest attackers on the field, the best CB in the league and the best GK in the league.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #38: Oct 27, 2018 02:29:04 pm
      For years people complained due to a lack of strength in depth and flogging the players to death - now we rotate to keep players fresh and give players a rest during a very intense period of the season with two games a week and still people complain

Moreno has proven time and time again that he can’t be trusted as reliable back up. The guy is a clown and the outfield version of Migs.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #39: Oct 27, 2018 02:29:24 pm
      Some bold moves from Klopp but I think we will have enough nonetheless. I predicted 3-0 after changing from 3-1.
      Think that Lovren, and Moreno to an extent just seamless, to me if an think it's Lallana who may prove the weak link creativity wise... Tricky game, we have to be up for it, but even with Lallana playing and less creativity from him I still believe that we have to much for Cardiff and 3-0 to us does not seem that unrealistic to me
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #40: Oct 27, 2018 02:31:07 pm
      If we don’t win today we don’t deserve to be in the title race - simple.

Let’s do this
      Understand what you are saying, but Cardiff won the other night and the manager should have thier tails up
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #41: Oct 27, 2018 02:33:03 pm
      Moreno has proven time and time again that he can’t be trusted as reliable back up. The guy is a clown and the outfield version of Migs.

Yet there was me thinking he did ok last season at the start before getting injured and he is the back up and if Robbo did get injured he would have to play so it’s better for the team for him to get mins when he can.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #42: Oct 27, 2018 02:36:37 pm
      Understand what you are saying, but Cardiff won the other night and the manager should have thier tails up

Against the worst defence I've seen so far in the league, imo.

We could win this by a couple playing at 75%. Hope we don't play to that but I don't think the handicap of Moreno makes up for the gulf in class between the two sides.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #43: Oct 27, 2018 02:38:30 pm
      Azpillicueta has managed it for over 2 seasons now so I don’t buy that for a second.

In fairness, Robbo played well on Wednesday, but I thought looked shattered when he came off. Our sports science people are supposed to be top.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #44: Oct 27, 2018 02:38:39 pm

Moreno could  be a bait for Cardiff to attack and have the game more open? ;)
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #45: Oct 27, 2018 02:41:29 pm

Positive, man. Let's be positive for the next two hours.  :)

Quick Reply