Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Cardiff?

Alisson
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Dejan Lovren
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      1 (0.9%)
      Alberto Moreno
      0 (0%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)
       Fabinho
      7 (6.2%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      6 (5.3%)
      Sadio Mane
      24 (21.2%)
      Mohammed Salah
      65 (57.5%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      10 (8.8%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 112

Voting closed: Oct 31, 2018 03:51:17 pm

Liverpool 4-1 Cardiff City: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 20549 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Re: Liverpool 4-1 Cardiff City: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #345: Oct 27, 2018 08:59:05 pm
      Finding our stride, don’t like conceding but I’ll take that goal differential. Man do we have a team or what?
      « Last Edit: Oct 27, 2018 09:31:08 pm by FL Red »
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #346: Oct 27, 2018 09:02:01 pm
      he will imo go for a more solid midfield against the stronger opposition
      Your idea of solid midfield is park the bus, you are just worried Henderson will get dropped to the bench now Fabinho is looking fab. We aren't having 3 DM on the field at the same time! no freaking way.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #347: Oct 27, 2018 09:05:54 pm
      One of the criticisms aimed towards Klopp was that he didn’t have a plan B - but he is showing that when he gets the players he wants in then he can adapt the tactics to suit the players and the opposition - he will imo go for a more solid midfield against the stronger opposition but knowing that he has the options on the bench to be able change formation and tactics with players like Sturridge and Shaqiri being key to that

I agree, I still think he will go for the tried and tested midfield against the bigger teams, but it would be interesting to see us take a "gamble" someday and see how a more technical offensive midfield (can be just as effective as the tried and tested imo) would fair, especially now that we probably have midfielders on par with the best in the world (imo ofc :D).
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #348: Oct 27, 2018 09:07:49 pm
      I think you are clueless too.That free role is what pegs teams back, that's what Coutinho did well and that's why Barca paid to 150m. I'm very sure Coutinho will play against top sides for Barca even though he's awful in defense because they have other midfielders tracking back. If you want 3 defensive midfielders you should like Mourinho. I'm sure you'd like Henderson, Gini and Fabinho sitting in the middle and having a repeat of Napoli... against top sides we need a player that pulls defenders away from strikers... Shaqiri in the free role makes it hard for defenders to man mark our strikers, however Shaqiri is defensively better than Coutinho, for an attacking midfielder he gets stuck in as well as expected. To say this type of player shouldn't feature against top sides doesn't sit well with me. We aren't a park the bus side!It's rare for me, but I have no patience for Moreno or Mignolet. If Moreno played okay today Klopp may have picked him in a bigger game that cost us big! Imagine losing points or a CL exit due to a Moreno blunder.. I'm just happy Moreno played sh*t and reminded Klopp why he shouldn't be trusted.

If I said I wouldn't have Henderson against the top teams you get in a fit, however at least I'm making that call after hundreds of games... You just make a judgement on hundreds of minutes.

That’s all complete waffle - Coutinho played more in the front three for us than he did in the middle, who said anything about parking the bus - clown , who said anything about 3 DM playing ?! We destroyed City and other teams last season playing “ONE” Defensive Mids and Two Box to Box ( put the one in big letters to help you out ) - if you knew how Klopp thinks then you would understand

Against Spurs he went with Milner , Gini and Kieta - against Chelsea - Milner , Henderson and Gini and the same against City - does that help you understand a bit more. He won’t have someone playing a free role against those top team

And you can’t ever justify wanting one of our own players to play badly - complete and utter tosh about “Klopp going to play him because he played well” - clueless , he is backup and Robbo will play 99% of the time. You just dribble complete claptrap - some of the worst seen on forums.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #349: Oct 27, 2018 09:08:35 pm
      Your idea of solid midfield is park the bus, you are just worried Henderson will get dropped to the bench now Fabinho is looking fab. We aren't having 3 DM on the field at the same time! no freaking way.

Stop embarrassing yourself

Who exactly do you think will be playing as three DM
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #350: Oct 27, 2018 09:12:02 pm
      For me the midfield should be one DM, one central and one attacking within a 433 as below.

↑
                          ATM     â†‘
               DM         â†“     CM
                 â†“                     â†“

You see the ATM starts a bit forward.
      The CM and ATM both should run up and down the field, but the DM only should track back.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #351: Oct 27, 2018 09:15:09 pm
      Another game which was never in doubt. After years of heart attacks during every opposition attack, anybody else finding this a little dull.  ;)

Dunno mate,after they scored i had a bit of a "colin w**ker is gonna F**k us" moment...it soon passed!Was a good watch apart from that.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #352: Oct 27, 2018 09:18:18 pm
      That’s all complete waffle - Coutinho played more in the front three for us than he did in the middle, who said anything about parking the bus - clown , who said anything about 3 DM playing ?! We destroyed City and other teams last season playing “ONE” Defensive Mids and Two Box to Box ( put the one in big letters to help you out ) - if you knew how Klopp thinks then you would understand

Against Spurs he went with Milner , Gini and Kieta - against Chelsea - Milner , Henderson and Gini and the same against City - does that help you understand a bit more. He won’t have someone playing a free role against those top team

And you can’t ever justify wanting one of our own players to play badly - complete and utter tosh about “Klopp going to play him because he played well” - clueless , he is backup and Robbo will play 99% of the time. You just dribble complete claptrap - some of the worst seen on forums.
      those midfield trios we used are far from our best options, Hendo,Gini and Milner has to be the worst combination I've seen... Keita has more  a free role than most midfielders...but at the time it was our best available anyway. Now we're finding our feet and it's more obvious those aren't the best combinations, which is why Klopp changed it. Coutinho wasn't always a forward, he's played on various roles, I can't say I monitor him at Barca much...  but I'd certainly say when I compare Shaqiri to Coutinho, I think Shaqiri has better defensive attributes. May I ask what's with all the insults? Can't you disagree without insulting?
      « Last Edit: Oct 27, 2018 09:25:00 pm by Ribapuru »
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #353: Oct 27, 2018 09:34:27 pm
      those midfield trios we used are far from our best options, Hendo,Gini and Milner has to be the worst combination I've seen... Keita has more  a free role than most midfielders...but at the time it was our best available anyway. Now we're finding our feet and it's more obvious those aren't the best combinations, which is why Klopp changed it. Coutinho wasn't always a forward, he's played on various roles, I can't say I monitor him at Barca much...  but I'd certainly say when I compare Shaqiri to Coutinho, I think Shaqiri has better defensive attributes. May I ask what's with all the insults? Can't you disagree without insulting?

Shaqiri is a wide forward who likes to to get on the Ball and look to create especially from the right side - that’s where he has been playing - he is not and won’t be part of a midfield three , he isn’t a direct replacement for Coutinho, he is someone who adds something different.

Klopp has shown how he plays against the stronger teams and the make up of the midfield three is clear - it will be 3 of - Fabinho , Henderson, Kieta , Milner and Gini , it may include Lallana - it’s clear as day

And the insults are justified when I a “fan” declare they want to see a player play badly
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #354: Oct 27, 2018 09:39:02 pm
      Shaqiri is a wide forward who likes to to get on the Ball and look to create especially from the right side - that’s where he has been playing - he is not and won’t be part of a midfield three , he isn’t a direct replacement for Coutinho, he is someone who adds something different.

Klopp has shown how he plays against the stronger teams and the make up of the midfield three is clear - it will be 3 of - Fabinho , Henderson, Kieta , Milner and Gini , it may include Lallana - it’s clear as day

And the insults are justified when I a “fan” declare they want to see a player play badly
      I'm not going to debate this, not because it's right... It's hideously wrong! But i can't be bothered to argue with people who say comments like "Shaqiri shouldn't feature against top sides".
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Reply #355: Oct 27, 2018 09:55:01 pm
      I'm not going to debate this, not because it's right... It's hideously wrong! But i can't be bothered to argue with people who say comments like "Shaqiri shouldn't feature against top sides".

There’s a difference between ‘won’t feature’ and ‘won’t start’.
      As an impact player to change a game would be one thing but to start Shaqiri against the top sides would be a mistake.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #356: Oct 27, 2018 10:02:08 pm
      There’s a difference between ‘won’t feature’ and ‘won’t start’.
      As an impact player to change a game would be one thing but to start Shaqiri against the top sides would be a mistake.
      So are we meant to not start with an attacking midfielder? I'm not sure Keita or Lallana add much defensively... So do you have the same opinion about those players too? If not why do you view other ATM differently?
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Reply #357: Oct 27, 2018 10:17:48 pm
      So are we meant to not start with an attacking midfielder? I'm not sure Keita or Lallana add much defensively... So do you have the same opinion about those players too? If not why do you view other ATM differently?

By virtue of the definition they have to bring attacking play. They also, however have to be mindful of what a Klopp system requires of them defensively. Naturally not as much as a DM but a role none the less.
      Now wether Lallana or Keita add much depends on how you quantify the word much. Regardless, however of how you quantify it they offer more than Shaqiri.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #358: Oct 27, 2018 10:50:09 pm
      Shaqiri's goal was a bit Salah like. Some tensions in this group, doesn't effect the overall performances.
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #359: Oct 27, 2018 10:56:01 pm
      Shaqiri is a wide forward who likes to to get on the Ball and look to create especially from the right side - that’s where he has been playing - he is not and won’t be part of a midfield three

I think he can morph into that midfield role pretty easy. He needs someone like Gini and Fab beside him to do the "dirty" job, but that's about it. A guy as skilled as Shaq should touch the ball as much as possible. I think he is our solution for a player like City has in KDB/Silva, Chelsea has in Hazard or Barca has in Messi/Coutinho. No idea what JĂźrgen thinks, maybe he really only sees Shaq as a striker-midfielder hybrid to bring when he wants to maximize offensive pressure, but I do see more in the little swiss bull: I see a white Maradona in the making.
      « Last Edit: Oct 27, 2018 11:01:37 pm by German_Panzer »
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #360: Oct 27, 2018 11:08:47 pm
      I think he can morph into that midfield role pretty easy. He needs someone like Gini and Fab beside him to do the "dirty" job, but that's about it. A guy as skilled as Shaq should touch the ball as much as possible. I think he is our solution for a player like City has in KDB/Silva, Chelsea has in Hazard or Barca has in Messi/Coutinho. No idea what JĂźrgen thinks, maybe he really only sees Shaq as a striker-midfielder hybrid to bring when he wants to maximize offensive pressure, but I do see more in the little swiss bull: I see a white Maradona in the making.

Wait what you are saying Fabinho should be a starter, only a couple of weeks ago you were saying he should be moved on!

Modern fans  :lmao:

German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #361: Oct 27, 2018 11:21:31 pm
      Wait what you are saying Fabinho should be a starter, only a couple of weeks ago you were saying he should be moved on!

Modern fans  :lmao:

I just erred. I was too impatient with Fab. A couple of years ago JĂźrgen complained about City's & PSG's spending sprees, only to do the same this offseason. When asked he answered: I don't care about my gossip from yesterday.
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #362: Oct 27, 2018 11:23:18 pm
      Great win taught we control game without have go in second gear even, on other note hope people are OK in Leinster city car park helicopter cash
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #363: Oct 27, 2018 11:24:36 pm
      By virtue of the definition they have to bring attacking play. They also, however have to be mindful of what a Klopp system requires of them defensively. Naturally not as much as a DM but a role none the less.
      Now wether Lallana or Keita add much depends on how you quantify the word much. Regardless, however of how you quantify it they offer more than Shaqiri.
      It's a well formed opinion so I +1 that, I have seen Lallana get stuck in and Keita is a very big guy, I don't think Shaqiri is as bad defensively as people make out though and he is better at carving open defenses. It's opinion based anyway.. it's early days and we'll see I guess. When Coutinho was playing in the middle I didn't like it for the defensive frailties and as a forward he seemed more like a scorer of great goals rather than a great goalscorer... so I so see Shaqiri as an upgrade on some respects.
      « Last Edit: Oct 27, 2018 11:32:27 pm by Ribapuru »
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #364: Oct 28, 2018 12:26:53 am
      Stop bickering you clowns, nobody gives a F**k and we're top of the league!!
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #365: Oct 28, 2018 12:47:53 am
      Remember, don't feed the trolls.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #366: Oct 28, 2018 01:05:00 am
      We've waited many a season for a team to have genuine (and i mean genuine) title ambitions. Don't see the point in ruining it by being a pr**k.
      I've been saying I rate Shaqiri to be in first xi. Other people have disagreed, now I'm being called a troll and a pr**k for it. Are you guys serious? Just f*ck off will you. Also there was no bickering, just a healthy debate until you and Robby poked your stupid noses in. Do you really think I would have +1 him if we were arguing?

Stop bickering you clowns, nobody gives a f**k and we're top of the league!!
      No need for this, this is what instigated a negative feeling, not the debate about Shaqiri, in which I'm pro Shaqiri.
      « Last Edit: Oct 28, 2018 01:15:02 am by Ribapuru »
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #367: Oct 28, 2018 01:09:02 am
      For me the midfield should be one DM, one central and one attacking within a 433 as below.

↑
                          ATM     â†‘
               DM         â†“     CM
                 â†“                     â†“

You see the ATM starts a bit forward.
      The CM and ATM both should run up and down the field, but the DM only should track back.

In depth analysis at it's finest.

"They should both run up and down".

:roll:

Quick Reply