Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

Pre-Match: Arsenal V Liverpool (03/11/18 - 17:30)

Read 10678 times
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,314 posts | 2810 
      Re: Pre-Match: Arsenal V Liverpool (03/11/18 - 17:30)
      Reply #23: Oct 31, 2018 11:23:56 am
      Expecting Gomez to come in at RB for this one with Lovren in the middle. Don't see Shaqiri starting either, we'll go Milner/Fabinho/Gini in the middle.

Have to be clinical on Saturday, this Arsenal team are soft defensively but have shown that if you don't take advantage they'll punish you like they did last week against Leicester.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #24: Oct 31, 2018 12:50:46 pm
      Cant wait for this we really do owe them a  hiding at their place its been a while.
      I don't think Shaq will start either Jürgen likes his midfield three to be defensive animals and Shaq just isn't that player but if the front three don't work I would love to see  more of him up there. Some team is due a hiding from us
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,219 posts | 1386 
      Reply #25: Oct 31, 2018 01:08:57 pm
      Think the Van Dijk/ Gomez central partnership must be established for at least the top games. Lovren and Matip should be the second string. Gomez reacts faster than anybody and it's vital for him to get games to enhance his reading of attacks etc.

Reading the game is a vital part of defending. Some great defenders like Bobby Moore were not the quickest but could read an attack and react accordingly. But Gomez has great pace and very fast reaction, if he can build up his knowledge of reading the game he will get even better and become a world class defender. He will also learn from Van Dijk in terms of keeping his head and positional sense and much more.

But he will only improve by playing so I will be disappointed if Klopp doesn't have him as the No.1 Partner for Van Dijk.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #26: Oct 31, 2018 01:29:06 pm
      Gomez could move to right back with Lovren at centre. Henderson could come in and Shaqiri is definitely pushing for a start.
      a couple of days ago people kept saying Shaqiri shouldn't start against top teams. I didn't completely agree, but I do think whilst Milner is available he's a safer option. He's not Gerrard, but he's the nearest thing we have to one right now.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #27: Oct 31, 2018 01:33:21 pm
      Expecting Gomez to come in at RB for this one with Lovren in the middle. Don't see Shaqiri starting either, we'll go Milner/Fabinho/Gini in the middle.

Have to be clinical on Saturday, this Arsenal team are soft defensively but have shown that if you don't take advantage they'll punish you like they did last week against Leicester.

Yep, I think Klopp will probably go for the defensive solidity that Gomez brings and sacrifice a bit of attacking on that flank that TAA brings.
      I think Shaqiri will probably start on the bench and come on around 60, if we need to push hard, but I'm hoping that we'll be cruising by that stage.

Arsenal are no pushovers and will be pumped right up for this, so I think we might be under the cosh a bit, and look to hit them on the break, then gradually push them deeper as we take control of the game in terms of possession.
      Tadders

• 6,741 posts | 569 
      Reply #28: Oct 31, 2018 03:10:36 pm
      Last season was a joke of a game. We were absolutley crusising and then conceded 3 in about 5 minutes, grabbed a draw from what should have a been a very significant win.
      Title winners win here and quite comfortably.
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #29: Oct 31, 2018 04:29:05 pm
      Gomez could move to right back with Lovren at centre. Henderson could come in and Shaqiri is definitely pushing for a start.

What's wrong with Clyne? Is he injured? Surely, a right-back replacement for TAA is Clyne.
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #30: Oct 31, 2018 06:52:53 pm
      No idea why many of you prefer a defensive midfield (Gini-Fab-Milner) that will make a draw more probable than a more risky midfield with Shaq instead of Milner that'd go for a win. We need a win if we wanna stay with City, we need to go there like a boss.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #31: Oct 31, 2018 08:12:30 pm
      No idea why many of you prefer a defensive midfield (Gini-Fab-Milner) that will make a draw more probable than a more risky midfield with Shaq instead of Milner that'd go for a win. We need a win if we wanna stay with City, we need to go there like a boss.

because numbnuts the three that score the goals need a shield behind them otherwise it doesn't work
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #32: Oct 31, 2018 08:33:06 pm
      because numbnuts the three that score the goals need a shield behind them otherwise it doesn't work
      Sorry I have to agree with "numbnuts"... We know that Gini-Shaqiri-Fab works and we(The forum) only presume that it will not against Arsenal... OK Defensively on paper Gini-Milner-Fab looks more solid, but going forward I feel we have more goals in us with Gini-Shaqiri-Fab
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #33: Oct 31, 2018 09:12:47 pm
      Defo stick with Fabs and Gini in midfield for this one.
      Mo's looking sharper as the weeks roll by,
      Mane's got his shooting boots back on
      Little Shaq is showing some great touches
      and Big Van is loving wearing the armband at the back.

What better way to make another bold statement than to nip down to Landan and beat the Arsenal.

Games against this lot have had a tendency to end up as goal fests, home or away.
      or
      It could end up being a chess match stalemate at 0-0

Can only see goals in this, they're pulling together a lot more this season and they do have a decent front three.
      So it's key that our front three get more supply than theirs.
      That's why, for me, Fab/Gini/Shaq should start in the middle and quicken up the links to the front three, as opposed to Henderson/Milner/Lallana.
      None of this crossfield, and sometimes, back to goalkeeper hot potato passing.

What was it?..3-3 last year, 4-3 before that.. ;D

Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,924 posts | 283 
      Reply #34: Oct 31, 2018 09:12:55 pm
      Have a feeling were going to see;

Alisson
      Trent   Gomez   Virgil   Robbie
             Henderson  Gini  Milner
      Mo               Bobby            Sadio
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #35: Oct 31, 2018 09:32:20 pm
      Have a feeling were going to see;

Alisson
      Trent   Gomez   Virgil   Robbie
             Henderson  Gini  Milner
      Mo               Bobby            Sadio
      Not saying this is how YOU want it...
      But should this be the line up in midfield then I'll be doing this   :mad: :mad: :mad::f_wah: :f_wah: :f_wah: :f_wah: :f_wah:
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #36: Oct 31, 2018 11:12:24 pm

I think you don't really need to take the additional risk of more attacking trio vs Arsenal side who leak goals and play more attacking style so spaces will be there for attacking trio to work their magic.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #37: Nov 01, 2018 12:38:11 am
      Henderson won't play. He's a major doubt according to pysioroom.
      harry_holton
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #38: Nov 01, 2018 05:45:20 am
      Hope we smash the cockney cu*ts everywhere if only to give the freaks on ArsenalFamTV a f**king meltdown.
      Arsenaltv is a joke mate. 
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,682 posts | 3702 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #39: Nov 01, 2018 05:57:34 am
      Where did you get that team selection idea from  ;) xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

I honestly do not watch others before I do mine not to be influenced. We have the same taste :)
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #40: Nov 01, 2018 12:44:46 pm
      Can't stand Arsenal, most of the time I dislike them as much as United. 4th place floaters that try to reduce others quality instead of improving their own quality. Dark arts of football are rife within the Arsenal camp. They knew they weren't going to get Suarez for 40m, they just unsettled him.. then Ian Wright starts saying Salah is as good as Messi publicly at the start of the transfer window.. then there's Piers Morgan throwing spanners in the works. Not to mention pushing Lemars price beyond reach. Keep them out the top four.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,139 posts | 2773 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #41: Nov 01, 2018 01:15:36 pm
      Why anyone in their right mind would break up the central defensive partnership of Gomez and VVD is beyond me it really is. Especially when Trent and Clyne are more then capable right backs
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #42: Nov 01, 2018 01:15:38 pm
      Can't stand Arsenal, most of the time I dislike them as much as United. 4th place floaters that try to reduce others quality instead of improving their own quality. Dark arts of football are rife within the Arsenal camp. They knew they weren't going to get Suarez for 40m, they just unsettled him.. then Ian Wright starts saying Salah is as good as Messi publicly at the start of the transfer window.. then there's Piers Morgan throwing spanners in the works. Not to mention pushing Lemars price beyond reach. Keep them out the top four.
      It is is nice to here other peoples views on teams...
      I quite liked Arsenal under Wenger. I felt that he did quite a lot right and put together some great teams, found some great players and gave his youth players chances to shine and the league cup. Could have won more, but out spent in resent years by the likes of Chelsea,City and Utd
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,358 posts | 1028 
      Reply #43: Nov 01, 2018 01:50:34 pm
      NB: Team no longer available
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #44: Nov 01, 2018 02:31:23 pm
      No hatred for them as I have for Utd. 

Only time I really hated them was when they beat us 2-0 at Anfield last match of the season to steal the title; second time I've cried after a football match.  The other was losing the '77 cup final to Utd, though on that occasion, I at least had the excuse of being only 8 at the time!
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #45: Nov 01, 2018 02:34:02 pm
      It is is nice to here other peoples views on teams...
      I quite liked Arsenal under Wenger. I felt that he did quite a lot right and put together some great teams, found some great players and gave his youth players chances to shine and the league cup. Could have won more, but out spent in resent years by the likes of Chelsea,City and Utd
      My point is, Arsenal's idea of improving is messing up other people's transfers for players they have no intention of buying themselves and intentionally unnerving players at their rivals so that they will leave. Whilst we were scraping for fourth we were their target, 4th has been a trophy to them for s decade now. Their business plan is weaken opposition is cheaper than spending and becoming stronger.

Quick Reply