Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

'Make Us Dream': Steven Gerrard's Documentary

Read 4102 times
      KateMKD_Red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,183 posts | 526 
      • At the end of the storm, there’s a golden sky.
      'Make Us Dream': Steven Gerrard's Documentary
      Nov 01, 2018 11:16:59 pm
      Amazon Nets ‘Make Us Dream’ Documentary About Liverpool F.C. Legend Steven Gerrard
      Amazon has scored “Make Us Dream,” a feature documentary about Liverpool and England soccer star Steven Gerrard. The film is produced by James Gay-Rees, whose previous projects include “Senna,” about motor-racing legend Ayrton Senna, and Amy Winehouse biopic “Amy.”

“Make Us Dream” will be shown in U.K. cinemas on Nov. 15 and then stream worldwide on Amazon’s Prime Video SVOD service. It is the latest sports documentary the streamer has added to its service after the likes of original series “All Or Nothing,” about Premier League champions Manchester City.

“Make Us Dream” will tell the story of Gerard, who joined Liverpool F.C. when he was 8 years-old. He left 26 years later, having won two FA Cups, three League Cups, one UEFA Cup, one FA Community Shield, one UEFA Super Cup and one UEFA Champions League. He was named in the Professional Football Association’s Team of the Year a record eight times.
      One club title he never won was the Premier League, although he came close while captaining Liverpool. Since hanging up his playing boots, Gerrard has moved into management and is currently in charge of Scottish side Rangers. “After experiencing Gerrard’s story through his own eyes, you’ll never think about elite football in the same way again,” the producers said.

The film was made by Box to Box Films with sports brand Adidas. Lorton Distribution has international sales. The documentary was helmed by Sam Blair. “’Make Us Dream’ is an ambitious, cinematic film that reaches beyond sport,” he said. “It tells a story that is both deeply personal and reflective of a wider story of our times.”
      Link

https://youtu.be/0IrHv6wrcRs

Just saw this today and can't wait to be honest. Reading as it's the same producer of Senna's documentary I have very high expectations. That was one of the best documentaries I've ever seen.

Plus, Captain Fantastic looking great, couldn't get any better 😊
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Re: 'Make Us Dream': Steven Gerrard's Documentary
      Reply #1: Nov 16, 2018 09:53:25 pm
      Went to see this last night with my eldest.

It was okay. Just okay.

Interesting to see the point of view from Stevie of the pressure that was on his shoulders. All those pics of him with the fans after the final whistle in Istanbul that I thought were just pure joy and the face of a player who couldn't believe what had just happened are different now. I can see the exasperation and release of pressure in his face now.

I wanted a lot more behind the scenes  stuff like the Ronaldo documentary but I got none.

6/10 for me. I'll give it another watch when it comes out on Amazon Prime.

One thing that won't change is that I bloody love Steven Gerrard and i really do feel honoured to have watched him play.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #2: Dec 10, 2018 01:22:34 pm
      Watched this last night and there were 2 big things that jumped out to me.

1.  Where would this club be right now if not for Stevie G ???  He came in at a time when the club had lost all direction.   We were headed for mediocrity and obscurity, but Stevie almost single handedly kept us relevant.  He provided stability during decades of turmoil, and he gifted us with some of the most astonishing memories any football fan could ask for.  Where might our club be now if not for Stevie ???

2.  Fickle fans drive me F***ing crazy!!!  I have been thinking recently that some of the newer forum members lack the same level of support for the players, manager, and club in general that some of the older supporters have.  Gone are some of the old heads like Mick and Bubby who whose default mode was always to support the club (players, manager, staff, etc) no matter what -- they have been replaced by new members who seem more interested in proving themselves right than supporting the club.  Anyways, while watching the documentary there were a few times when fans turned on Stevie -- particularly around 2004 when all the Chelsea nonsense was going on.  There was no reason anyone should have ever questioned Stevie's love or commitment for the club, and it was disgraceful seeing people brand him as a traitor.  It got me thinking, maybe this this isnt just a new phenomenon -- maybe fickle fans have always existed and I'm just more aware of them now.  Either way, they drive me F***ing nuts!!  Just support the club, enjoy the good times, and hope for the best.  If that's asking too much, then sod off....

Anyway, I'll get off my soapbox now.  This was definitely worth a watch. 
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #3: Dec 10, 2018 01:25:34 pm
      Was a good watch, interesting to see all of the injury issues he had during our run to towards the title and it just really is gut wrenching to know that he was basically broken at that point and just doing his best to try to hold it together for that title run. No Cinderella ending which doesn't seem quite fair, but life's not fair sometimes. I feel privileged to have gotten to see him play for the years that I did.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #4: Dec 11, 2018 03:31:40 am
      Was a good watch, interesting to see all of the injury issues he had during our run to towards the title and it just really is gut wrenching to know that he was basically broken at that point and just doing his best to try to hold it together for that title run. No Cinderella ending which doesn't seem quite fair, but life's not fair sometimes. I feel privileged to have gotten to see him play for the years that I did.

Seems even more unfair when you consider the sh*t like Barry, Fletcher, Anderson and Christ knows who else has had that title success. Players who aren’t fit to have even been on the same pitch as him.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #5: Dec 11, 2018 02:07:40 pm
      Seems even more unfair when you consider the sh*t like Barry, Fletcher, Anderson and Christ knows who else has had that title success. Players who aren’t fit to have even been on the same pitch as him.

Isn't that the truth!
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #6: Dec 27, 2018 11:32:26 pm
      Must have watched this 3 or 4 times now and every time I am on the she of my seat and fully admit to having my heart swell and some dust in my eyes...
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #7: Dec 27, 2018 11:34:29 pm
      Obviously it was known he was out injured for a period of time with a groin injury but didn’t know it was that serious, leading to infection and splitting his pelvis.

Quick Reply