Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Arsenal?

Alisson
      1 (1%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      1 (1%)
      Joe Gomez
      4 (3.9%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      70 (68.6%)
      Andy Robertson
      11 (10.8%)
       Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      6 (5.9%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      1 (1%)
      Sadio Mane
      8 (7.8%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      0 (0%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 100

Voting closed: Nov 07, 2018 07:22:49 pm

Arsenal 1-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 26655 times
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Re: Arsenal 1-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #529: Nov 03, 2018 08:39:53 pm
      I think the knee jerkers are forgetting something here:

#1. Liverpool 11, 27

Let's wait until we're below that, before we start writing the season off, shall we?

We didn't draw today because of Klopp, or Alisson, or TAA, or Fab, or Salah.

We draw today because we need a VAR to tell a ref what a valid goal is. Like they currently do in Germany, Spain, France and Italy.
      If there's was VAR we would have been 1-0 down from a penalty before the offside decision, would have been a different game. It's impossible to know what would have happened, how we would have reacted or what the score would have been.
      grooveshark
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 167 posts | 129 
      Reply #530: Nov 03, 2018 08:42:28 pm
      I think the knee jerkers are forgetting something here:

#1. Liverpool 11, 27

Let's wait until we're below that, before we start writing the season off, shall we?

We didn't draw today because of Klopp, or Alisson, or TAA, or Fab, or Salah.

We draw today because we need a VAR to tell a ref what a valid goal is. Like they currently do in Germany, Spain, France and Italy.
      I think that the biggest worry that people have is that at some moment in time, results will catch up with performances.

The previous two games did a lot for the team in terms of confidence and I had hoped that a good amount of that would have carried into this game.

I don't think that the point is a bad result against the hottest team in the league, and away from home. I do not even mind that the initial games of the season were not impressive; this was to be expected. What concerns me is that most weeks defenders are the best players in the team, or the goalkeeper. It would be nice to have that safety at the back coupled with a midfield and attack that clicks.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #531: Nov 03, 2018 08:43:09 pm
      So whatā€™s the reason behind us having matched our bet ever start to a PL campaign, being top and unbeaten as things stand?
      In my opinion Alisson. Over the season he's done the business. Mignolet would have dropped us 6-9 points and we would be trying to get back in the top four.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #532: Nov 03, 2018 08:45:53 pm
      Midfield 3 were very disappointing today, I know a lot are digging into Fab and thatā€™s understandable but Gini and Milner were equally poor.

Seems to have been a theme all season bar a few games.

We have just not got the balance right at the moment.

Front 3 are having a off season so far and the fact midfield is not contributing is certainly a concern going forward.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #533: Nov 03, 2018 08:48:01 pm
      at the end of the day a point is not bad and Arsenal are much better now than at the beginning of the season.
      What bothers me is our performances are still  disjointed and a bit hit and miss. We are stuttering through games and yet we are in a fantastic position so no need to panic just yet
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #534: Nov 03, 2018 08:50:32 pm
      If there's was VAR we would have been 1-0 down from a penalty before the offside decision, would have been a different game. It's impossible to know what would have happened, how we would have reacted or what the score would have been.

What's this I'm reading?
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #535: Nov 03, 2018 08:56:39 pm
      Midfield 3 were very disappointing today, I know a lot are digging into Fab and thatā€™s understandable but Gini and Milner were equally poor.

Front 3 are having a off season so far and the fact midfield is not contributing is certainly a concern going forward.

The real problem is not having that extra attacking player for our front 3, isn't it? Looking back at games where our midfield has struggled, it has always consisted of having 3 industrial/defensive midfielders.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #536: Nov 03, 2018 08:58:40 pm
      The real problem is not having that extra attacking player for our front 3, isn't it? Looking back at games where our midfield has struggled, it has always consisted of having 3 industrial/defensive midfielders.

You are right with virtually zero creativity from midfield the front 3 have to create all the goals.

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,481 posts | 3286 
      Reply #537: Nov 03, 2018 08:58:56 pm

Iā€™m guessing he means the incident with Alisson and Mhyktarian which was identical to VVD and Leno - neither are a penalty
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #538: Nov 03, 2018 09:08:44 pm
      Iā€™m guessing he means the incident with Alisson and Mhyktarian which was identical to VVD and Leno - neither are a penalty

That would be my guess too.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #539: Nov 03, 2018 09:09:18 pm
      Lads we  were sh*te end of. Blew an undeserved lead. We hsd no grip in midfield, in fact we were non excistent there. Front 3 again below par.....yet weve come away from a ground where the hosts are in form.

The fact were unbeaten while playing way below our level is encouraging.

One concern is trents form. Bring Clyne in for a few  games
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #540: Nov 03, 2018 09:10:47 pm
      You are right with virtually zero creativity from midfield the front 3 have to create all the goals.

Yep. Also having that 4th technical attacking player (Lallana, Shaq or Ox) that can drive forward or/and play between the lines forces their extra attacking player into defensive zones, so theoretically it should give us more dominance/control.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #541: Nov 03, 2018 09:11:11 pm

It's a testament to how good our defence has been this season that we are unbeaten. If we had the pre-Virge defence and migs in goal, we'd be in United levels of trouble this season.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,021 posts | 2742 
      Reply #542: Nov 03, 2018 09:12:40 pm
      I said a few weeks ago we need to go through the gears a bit and soon. The last couple of games made me think we were on our way to getting there but it was another bit of a step backwards for me tonight. The key thing though is to keep in touch until we find our feet (unlike last season when the title challenge was over by October) and we are doing that.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #543: Nov 03, 2018 09:21:32 pm
      Decent point away to Arsenal. Normally would be a good result but with the form of City perhaps 2 points dropped.

Either way i'll be cheering on United at weekend.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #544: Nov 03, 2018 09:53:03 pm
      It was a odd game, for all the good periods of play Arsenal put on us through the match if we would of took our chances and official didn't make a error on the offside call we would of won which is why it feels likes 2 points dropped then 1 point gained, especially giving up a goal within the last 10 minutes as we want to be able to see games out.

Fabinho looked a step off the pace, Gini had one of the games where he disappears which he has time from time and thought Milner had a decent game, dink a couple nice balls for Salah and scored a nice goal. I really enjoy the Gomez/VvD partnership which continues to impress though with TAA having another sub-par showing I fear Klopp is going to be pushing Gomez out RB.

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #545: Nov 03, 2018 09:56:50 pm
      Either way i'll be cheering on United at weekend.
      I won't be. If United beat City they are back in the title race. Best for a draw.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #546: Nov 03, 2018 10:11:01 pm

Your a lot of things too many to mention..realist is not one of them
      rossyred

• 9,096 posts | 1637 
      Reply #547: Nov 03, 2018 10:12:47 pm
      Such a shame Sturridge can't be trusted to do a job and his body won't let him crying out for a change up top at moment still feel we miss that natural goalscorer
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #548: Nov 03, 2018 10:15:15 pm
      Criminal how we left an open goal for them to score..

Hoping now a Chelsea & City loss.. over to the 🦉 & āš”ļø
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #549: Nov 03, 2018 10:31:07 pm
      I won't be. If United beat City they are back in the title race. Best for a draw.

Ahh F**k United. Yesterdays news.
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #550: Nov 03, 2018 10:51:37 pm
      I think most teams miles behind city and l feel like our midfield is still very poor we don't seem be able control games we give ball away lot tonight against OK aresanl team if vvd or Roberson get injury we in trouble time our midfield and forwards be poor these year, l feel we couple players short winning league these year,
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #551: Nov 03, 2018 10:54:32 pm
      We need midfielder can control game and score few goals as well and other forward because booby be very poor these year, l like see shaq and even Daniel Sturbridge give more chance in games

Quick Reply