Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Red Star?

Alisson
      3 (4.5%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      3 (4.5%)
      Joel Matip
      3 (4.5%)
      Andy Robertson
      18 (27.3%)
      Adam Lallana
      3 (4.5%)
      James Milner
      3 (4.5%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      2 (3%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      1 (1.5%)
      Mohammed Salah
      8 (12.1%)
      Sadio Mane
      4 (6.1%)
      Joe Gomez
      5 (7.6%)
      Roberto Firmino
      3 (4.5%)
      Divock Origi
      10 (15.2%)

Total Members Voted: 65

Voting closed: Nov 10, 2018 07:49:24 pm

Red Star Belgrade 2-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 29832 times
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Re: Red Star Belgrade 2-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #644: Nov 07, 2018 07:21:47 am
      I begin lose faith in manger, best we do tonight play wash up Adam lallana fhish at top level, James milner who good pro but sadly come to end of his career and we still got Henderson at club who all over hype players, we be better play Curtis Jones tonight one younger players least be bit energy in midfield our football is like Brenden Rogers season he was sack slow no pace, boreing watch we lucky be second in team in premier league even games against Walford and bouremouth away come up not sure we even win them games

Go back to your cave.

You are a truly horrible poster.
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 408 
      Reply #645: Nov 07, 2018 07:23:09 am
      Don't know about heavy metal football that was like Nora Jones football

More like Bridget Jones football mate. A bunch of girls running around in big knickers
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #646: Nov 07, 2018 07:26:20 am
      It saddens me to have seen such a pathetic display from a Liverpool team especially in that first half.I am not one to criticise Jürgen Klopp but I feel he got his team selection all wrong for this match.I know others have asked this question but what the hell is wrong with Shaq in not being selected.We have a battle on our hands to qualify for the knockout stages but with the right team selections we can do it.
      Ebieahi
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | 45 
      Reply #647: Nov 07, 2018 08:04:23 am
      The performance was indeed very poor, however i am surprised at how many posters now feel that it was because of JK's changes made.
      I remember alot of calls for Sturridge to start and then also in recent games for Fabinho to be dropped in favour of a more adventurous midfield.
      The only change which wasnt necessary was Matip, since both VVD and Gomez had proven that they can handle aerial and physical challenges posed by teams.

To me, we had no rhythm to our play, everything was once again sideways and pedestrian. It's been that way for many games this season and it then requires the front 3 to make their own goals. Players like Mane and Salah will very soon need a rest as well since the dependence is on them to create for themselves.

I would like to see JK settle on a midfield with 2 defensively solid midfielders and one creator. At the moment Lallana doesnt fit that role, so Shaq needs to be given a consistent run of games in a free role. I reckon that would bring back the movement and spark of our front 3 players and also get more out of Sturridge.

Red Star took their chances and then played like every other team with 10men behind the ball knowing we dont have the creativity to break them down.

For us to be successful this season, we need to play with alot more speed and directness at times instead of the sideways, predictable play. It was lacking for this match and i hope the team learns from it and puts it right very soon.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #648: Nov 07, 2018 08:13:15 am
      It saddens me to have seen such a pathetic display from a Liverpool team especially in that first half.I am not one to criticise Jürgen Klopp but I feel he got his team selection all wrong for this match.I know others have asked this question but what the hell is wrong with Shaq in not being selected.We have a battle on our hands to qualify for the knockout stages but with the right team selections we can do it.

Said last night Billy - right up there with Spurs at Wembley last night just so much wrong with the performance.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #649: Nov 07, 2018 09:01:23 am
      One of the most disappointing aspects of last night was the players and indeed even Klopp seemed bereft of idea's after we went down    2-0.

For our team to be launching so many useless crosses and and hopeful punts up to Salah was dire and the sight of Jimmy roving around the middle of the pitch as some sort of deep lying playmaker was just laughable.

And if that was not bad enough we had Origi come on which just smacked of get a forward on without much attention given to any structure or reasoning.
      Rockafella88
      • Forum John Toshack

• 267 posts | 83 
      Reply #650: Nov 07, 2018 09:05:27 am
      Worst I've seen us play for over a year that.

No creativity, slow on ball, bad decision making, silly loss of possession.

I still think we can progress as PSG despite all their names imo are just sh*te and will give us opportunities due to their arrogance.

However, I think this is the reason why we wanted fekir in the summer, someone to link the midfield with attack.

bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #651: Nov 07, 2018 09:44:17 am
      Our form has dropped significantly since Buvac left.

Coincicence?
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #652: Nov 07, 2018 09:51:34 am
      Midfield was the most culpable for me. Especially Gini who went back to his old invisible self. Completely missing in the run up to the second goal, completely missing in almost every attack.

We tried to shift wide and ended up coming back to the backline because there was nothing in between.

That said, sometimes we need game's like this in a season to reevaluate things. Not too worried.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #653: Nov 07, 2018 10:05:34 am
      Our form has dropped significantly since Buvac left.

Coincicence?

No I don't think it is, ever since he left we have really lacked those WOW performances, the magic has left the team and if anything we seem to be going backwards in recent weeks. Yes I know our defence is much improved now but as we saw yesterday even the defence can have an off game and then if the midfield and forwards are below par, as they have been all season, you get an arse kicking.

The owners need to sit down with Jürgen and Buvac and get some kind of reconciliation between those two because its clear as day that the team is weaker without him.

I'm still unclear exactly what happened between the pair but f this article is right then it was more down to Jürgen being an egomaniac and bit of a pr**k; https://www.101greatgoals.com/news/klopp-buvac-happened-liverpool/

I'm actually a bit confused, has he officially left or is he still on sabbatical, come on Jürgen and Zeljko, kiss and make up FFS, the team needs both of you.
      « Last Edit: Nov 07, 2018 10:16:28 am by heimdall »
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #654: Nov 07, 2018 10:14:02 am
      Despite last nights horror show am I right in thinking a win in Paris will see us qualify?
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #655: Nov 07, 2018 10:36:21 am
      Despite last nights horror show am I right in thinking a win in Paris will see us qualify?

Yes.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #656: Nov 07, 2018 10:41:17 am

I actually think we will beat PSG, just a gut feeling, but I wouldn't be surprised if it will all come down to the final game against Napoli and a late late goal to give us the 2 goal win.
      I said before this match that it wasn't a must win game but we now need to beat either Napoli or PSG and if we can rediscover our mojo then we are more than capable of doing that, but Klopp needs to get this team firing again.

BTW I can also see Red Star beating PSG if they play with the same intensity as last night.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #657: Nov 07, 2018 10:49:19 am
      So now it’s down to Bivac leaving? Clutching at straws here, we are 2points behind City & are likely to go through to the knockout stages of the CL...We control our own destiny.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #658: Nov 07, 2018 10:50:05 am
      You see, this is where people need to get a grip. We haven't performed near to our potential this season, Fabinho and Keita haven't settled yet, we're lacking creativity in the middle of the park and our forwards are misfiring, and yet in spite of all this, we're top third in the league, two points off a City with far greater resources than us (not to mention friends in high places) and still have a very real chance of going through to the Knockout stages having topped our group, and that my friend is down to Klopp. Does he make mistakes? He's human, obviously he does. We're all experts with hindsight but you weren't moaning about that team before kickoff. So give the hysterics a rest and let's see what the next few games bring.
      When I saw the line up and saw Sturrigde and Lallana my heart sank, for me these two players should have been shipped out a season ago and the money re -invested in a quality player
      tomx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,244 posts | 229 
      Reply #659: Nov 07, 2018 10:55:39 am
      Lallana is one of the most overated players in England. He offer nothing, just 2 Hollywood acts per game usually.

Our midfield is main concern and some player need to step up.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #660: Nov 07, 2018 11:22:37 am
      A lot of focus on the midfield. But didn't have our strongest lineup in the middle last night, or even in recent games - and we can do better there.

But when you compare how Bob and Mo have played so far this year [with Mane in slightly better form than those two], for me that is by far the main difference this season. We have Sturge contributing, but not at the level of those two from last year.
      We've been wasteful in the final 3rd, sloppy passing, poor shooting.  There's not much Jürgen can do about that, apart from keep playing the lads as much as possible so they get opportunities to improve, while balancing that against freshness and the form of other players.  Once those guys start going thro the gears, will make a massive difference.

lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #661: Nov 07, 2018 11:31:26 am
      I be Liverpool fan all my life , don't just come on when we lose give out about team, l said before boss is class and great manger, but l said that our midfield worse see in Liverpool team just workhorses no skill our backline is good and still think forwards very good on their day, but people think we win anything with milner Adam lallana Henderson in midfield new players we got in midfield not work so far, just say city not spent more then scum or us on midfield they better mix power skill in midfield same with spurs better then us in that area
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #662: Nov 07, 2018 11:37:20 am
      Tiredness.

It seems that Firmino has played 10 millions games already and Salah is not too far behind this season with WC and also this bloody pointless useless internationals. It is is fine to have international breaks if you are actually *not* playing them. It is *tiredness* that is keeping the front three of the boil, particularly Firmino. Also of course, we need a midfield that can provide something to them. Last season it seems that the front three made almost all the goals which have dried up now while the midfield is not contributing anything at all.

Also, I am not surprised by the pragmatic approach by Klopp this season instead of the gungho of last year. The front three (perhaps even the midfield) would be on their knees by December if we play the gungho style.

Quite simply, we need to bring in fresh pair of legs in Shaqiri, Fabinho, Keita and keep them in the team while others recover. We need to give these guys few games to get going. Although it will *not* happen, a forward/winger in January may help Salah & co to focus & also provide some rest.

At least that is my 2p worth.
      « Last Edit: Nov 07, 2018 11:42:28 am by RobieSlick »
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #663: Nov 07, 2018 12:19:36 pm
      So now it’s down to Bivac leaving? Clutching at straws here, we are 2points behind City & are likely to go through to the knockout stages of the CL...We control our own destiny.

Are we that likely though on current form?

I'm not convinced.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #664: Nov 07, 2018 12:20:12 pm

So no need to panic just yet then
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #665: Nov 07, 2018 12:21:11 pm
      Tiredness.

It seems that Firmino has played 10 millions games already and Salah is not too far behind this season with WC and also this bloody pointless useless internationals. It is is fine to have international breaks if you are actually *not* playing them. It is *tiredness* that is keeping the front three of the boil, particularly Firmino. Also of course, we need a midfield that can provide something to them. Last season it seems that the front three made almost all the goals which have dried up now while the midfield is not contributing anything at all.

Also, I am not surprised by the pragmatic approach by Klopp this season instead of the gungho of last year. The front three (perhaps even the midfield) would be on their knees by December if we play the gungho style.

Quite simply, we need to bring in fresh pair of legs in Shaqiri, Fabinho, Keita and keep them in the team while others recover. We need to give these guys few games to get going. Although it will *not* happen, a forward/winger in January may help Salah & co to focus & also provide some rest.

At least that is my 2p worth.

I think we will see Brewster and possibly Jones come in to the team in January mate to add freshness to the squad
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #666: Nov 07, 2018 12:30:49 pm

100% mate. I love that line of thinking about Klopp not being competent without Buvac.

Literally not one person on here knows exactly what Buvac did and how that compares to his backup now.

Everybody needs a panacea........send for the snake oil salesmen 🙄
      « Last Edit: Nov 07, 2018 12:37:47 pm by Scotia »

Quick Reply