Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Red Star?

Alisson
      3 (4.5%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      3 (4.5%)
      Joel Matip
      3 (4.5%)
      Andy Robertson
      18 (27.3%)
      Adam Lallana
      3 (4.5%)
      James Milner
      3 (4.5%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      2 (3%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      1 (1.5%)
      Mohammed Salah
      8 (12.1%)
      Sadio Mane
      4 (6.1%)
      Joe Gomez
      5 (7.6%)
      Roberto Firmino
      3 (4.5%)
      Divock Origi
      10 (15.2%)

Total Members Voted: 65

Voting closed: Nov 10, 2018 07:49:24 pm

Red Star Belgrade 2-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 29830 times
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Re: Red Star Belgrade 2-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #529: Nov 06, 2018 08:01:30 pm
      I honestly can't vote in that MotM poll.

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Re: 2-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #530: Nov 06, 2018 08:02:32 pm
      What in the actual f**k was that?

I get you have "these" type of matches. But f**k me, can't even create one goal against a low tier team?

And just WTF was that 2nd goal?

This is just a new f**king low for this team.  So much for "hungry for Victory" speeches by this lot.

Buckle the f**k up or we'll get fu**ed in the league soon.

I said a few weeks back - take 2002/2003 season as a warning. Like this season we made an excellent start in the league which masked some pretty average/poor performances. Europe was a much more telling reality and eventually our league form went down the hole and we finished a paltry 5th.

Hope and firmly expect to see a reaction not just in the Fulham match on Sunday but in the Watford one a couple of weeks after that as well.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #531: Nov 06, 2018 08:03:11 pm

It’s f***in bullshit and should be called what it is

Knock yourself out..I ain’t going to mewl on a day off for the team, Still in control of the group.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,623 posts | 477 
      Reply #532: Nov 06, 2018 08:03:13 pm
      Ain’t the end of the world..

Still top the group with PSG & Napoli playing tonight...

Yeah it's not. But surely, we got to expect some better performance against Red star Belgrade of all teams.

This is our 3rd straight away loss too in the CL. This is nothing less than shambolic.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #533: Nov 06, 2018 08:03:53 pm
      Anyone know if Robbo is carrying an injury. He had countless opportunities to skin the full back, but continued to turn back.
      That’s probably 50% of our attacking prowess gone !

Can’t believe just what I’ve just witnessed to be honest.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #534: Nov 06, 2018 08:04:40 pm
      So many things wrong tonight no fight no passion 2 shots on target. 2wins in the last 9, playing a weakened team and now our last strong point the defence has now gone the same way as the midfield
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #535: Nov 06, 2018 08:04:47 pm
      To be fair we all said at the start of the season we wanted to concentrate on the Premier League.  :roll:

That was sloppy tonight. Performance actually marginally better than Napoli but finishing was dog sh*t.

PSG are going to beat us. Had some real poor away performances for a while in this comp. Can't understand it.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #536: Nov 06, 2018 08:05:50 pm
      Of course who gets hooked, Daniel Sturridge. Didn’t have a great 1st half but was no worse than the other 2 time the manager called them out. Salah and Mane are developing that Torres, Reina syndrome where I think they think they’re doing us a favour by being here. You don’t want to put a shift in for this club then F**k off to which ever team you want to go to. You are both good but you’re not as good as you think you are time particularly Mane got his ego shot down to size
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Re: Live: Red Star v Liverpool
      Reply #537: Nov 06, 2018 08:05:58 pm
      There are very good reason for Shaq is at home. For his own safety is one of them.
      In that case the Club should have asked UEFA to have this game played on neutral ground...
      Well lets hope we have no treats from Watford supporters toward VVD,Mane,Firmino or Salah or we will have to leave them at home
      solodee

• 6,027 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #538: Nov 06, 2018 08:06:37 pm
      What in the actual f**k was that?

I get you have "these" type of matches. But f**k me, can't even create one goal against a low tier team?

And just WTF was that 2nd goal?

This is just a new f**king low for this team.  So much for "hungry for Victory" speeches by this lot.

Buckle the f**k up or we'll get fu**ed in the league soon.

We need a prolific striker.. The burden on Salah is immense.

rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #539: Nov 06, 2018 08:08:27 pm
      Think a PSG win best option next up
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #540: Nov 06, 2018 08:09:50 pm
      Reality check right there. Listened on the radio as commuting from F***ing Cardiff.

Sounded F***ing sh*te!!! Oh well, maybe this will be the kick up the arse we need to get into proper gear.

Over to you Mr Klopp
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #541: Nov 06, 2018 08:10:24 pm
      The lack of enthusiasm starts with Klopp for me. He fielded a side that was sub par. If Bobby and Joe were fit enough to play than why not start them. U certainly aren’t worried about this weekends game, make this one a priority. Studge has had some quality moments this year, but he lacks intensity. The game got away early because we lacked the press and attack that Bob brings. By the time he came on the damage was done
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #542: Nov 06, 2018 08:11:13 pm
      Think a PSG win best option next up

A draw then if we beat Napoli by a better score than they beat us were through regardless of PSG
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #543: Nov 06, 2018 08:12:47 pm
      The lack of enthusiasm starts with Klopp for me. He fielded a side that was sub par. If Bobby and Joe were fit enough to play than why not start them. U certainly aren’t worried about this weekends game, make this one a priority. Studge has had some quality moments this year, but he lacks intensity. The game got away early because we lacked the press and attack that Bob brings. By the time he came on the damage was done

Not having this. Man Citeh rotate from most games to the other makes no difference. I understand we don’t have their depth up top but we were playing Red Star tonight not Real Madrid
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #544: Nov 06, 2018 08:13:29 pm
      I’m not sure we’ve seen the end of this poor run. Am expecting this to carry on into the Prem.
      Been saying it a while now, but we just haven’t been playing well at all.
      We seem to be getting more and more nervous as the games go by.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #545: Nov 06, 2018 08:13:45 pm
      A draw then if we beat Napoli by a better score than they beat us were through regardless of PSG

Two points from two games if Napoli win tonight. One of those games is at home.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #546: Nov 06, 2018 08:14:27 pm
      Not having this. Man Citeh rotate from most games to the other makes no difference. I understand we don’t have their depth up top but we were playing Red Star tonight not Real Madrid

Put your weaker side on this weekend. Give the boys a rest with Fulham. Take every one of the CL games seriously regardless of who you play. Prime example tonight
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 188 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #547: Nov 06, 2018 08:15:30 pm
      Hard to take, just not like a Liverpool side.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #548: Nov 06, 2018 08:16:12 pm
      Well that didn’t go to plan would be a understatement.

I suppose no one would deny this result has not been coming for a few weeks, luck finally ran out.

This one lands straight on Klopp, the 3 subs he brought in from the weekend were poor, Lallana, Sturridge and Matip.

Lallana with passing stats of 65% you can see the issue of us not being able to hold onto the ball.

Sturridge is a impact player and if was arrogance starting him.

Matip the gentle giant was backing off quicker than Skrtel for the second goal, admittedly it was Milner with a shocking pass, Gini on the wrong side and Allison should have done better.

But mainly the ostrich like neck of Klopp coming out with the same 3 midfielders in the second half!
      We were crying out for someone to carry the ball through the middle, what is the point of taking Keita to see the highlights of Belgrade?

The likes of Gini and Milner in midfield are only useful with someone who can effect the game, pointless otherwise.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #549: Nov 06, 2018 08:16:39 pm
      Dont think its our time this campaign in Europe. Lost the spark in the competition that we had last year.

Feels a bit like snakes and ladders whete we nearly won and we stepped on a snake all the way back to the beginning.

We're also not dealing with 3 games in 7 days very well. Other than league points we've hardly been great all season.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #550: Nov 06, 2018 08:17:10 pm
      We lost because Klopp gambled our line up. Annoying, last game he got subs wrong... He needs to really get it together.
      grooveshark
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 167 posts | 129 
      Reply #551: Nov 06, 2018 08:17:51 pm
      Firmino has played most of this season, and he has been off form. He comes in and he has another game that is so similar to the performances he has been having most of this season.

I think that this is the one team that pays so much attention to a striker pressing. You need a striker to score goals, to be a factor in the final third. You need midfielders to shield the back 4 and supply the front three with telling passes, and at the right time.

There is a problem in the midfield, and there is a problem with Firmino. Klopp also has not worked out what changes need to be made for the better.

Quick Reply