Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Red Star?

Alisson
      3 (4.5%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      3 (4.5%)
      Joel Matip
      3 (4.5%)
      Andy Robertson
      18 (27.3%)
      Adam Lallana
      3 (4.5%)
      James Milner
      3 (4.5%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      2 (3%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      1 (1.5%)
      Mohammed Salah
      8 (12.1%)
      Sadio Mane
      4 (6.1%)
      Joe Gomez
      5 (7.6%)
      Roberto Firmino
      3 (4.5%)
      Divock Origi
      10 (15.2%)

Total Members Voted: 65

Voting closed: Nov 10, 2018 07:49:24 pm

Red Star Belgrade 2-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 29835 times
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Re: Red Star Belgrade 2-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #667: Nov 07, 2018 12:32:04 pm
      I think we will see Brewster and possibly Jones come in to the team in January mate to add freshness to the squad

Quite frankly, I don't mind seeing the youngsters in the team for say 20 minutes a time against Fulham, Huddersfield and like but Klopp doesn't do that. I would love to see Jones come in for a game and show what he is made of or not. At least we would know if he can hack it at the highest level.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #668: Nov 07, 2018 12:35:23 pm
      Quite frankly, I don't mind seeing the youngsters in the team for say 20 minutes a time against Fulham, Huddersfield and like but Klopp doesn't do that. I would love to see Jones come in for a game and show what he is made of or not. At least we would know if he can hack it at the highest level.

How is Jones going to get a game we have Fab who is being introduced slowly into the team and Keita now back from injury.

Not to mention all the incumbents ahead of Curtis Jones.
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #669: Nov 07, 2018 12:39:54 pm
      How is Jones going to get a game we have Fab who is being introduced slowly into the team and Keita now back from injury.

Not to mention all the incumbents ahead of Curtis Jones.

I was thinking instead of Milner/Wini/Lallana in short burts.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #670: Nov 07, 2018 12:46:44 pm
      So now it’s down to Bivac leaving? Clutching at straws here, we are 2points behind City & are likely to go through to the knockout stages of the CL...We control our own destiny.

Well Buvac left in between the 2 Roma legs and can you recall a match after that where we really played great football, the kind of exciting football that propelled us to the CL final?
      The influence of Buvac is quite clearly a factor here, if for no other reason than Klopp misses his best mate and sounding board.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #671: Nov 07, 2018 12:50:03 pm
      Quote from SM
      Every time we don't play well you arrive on here talking about losing faith in the manager and how far we are behind City.....why don't you just F**k off and support them then you won't have to worry.

Some fans (won't call you a supporter as they are clearly 2 different things) F**k me get a grip.

In fairness, well done for being able to make sense of it all, because I can't. "Walford", "Lenster City", "Bouremouth" etc. There are fans here whose second or third language is English, yet I can still understand perfectly whatever point they're trying to make.

I posted after the home win, basically that I was worried that the home game would lull people into a false sense of security, and it seems like I was proved right. Some said they were Maribor in disguise. Others talked about winning "3-0" in Belgrade.

Look, every team that qualifies for this level, whether they're first or fourth seeds, are there on merit, and should be taken seriously and with respect. There's no gimmes in the European Cup away from home. Belgrade is a great city, but Red Star always has been a tough place to go, down the years. Having gone away to Partizan in the past, 500 yards down the road, with my local club, and won, I know how vociferous the fans are and know there's no such thing as "quieten the fans" in Belgrade, even when you score. There's a few seconds pause in the wall of sound, but by the time you kick off again, it's back to ear splitting volume. It's not that intimidating, it's just their fan culture, and there is no let up. If we had that noise every week at home, instead of just a few times a year, it would be great. If we really really want to, there's no reason why it can't be like that every week at home.

The complacency started with the team selection, which raised eyebrows, sent out the wrong message, and backfired. By the time the errors were rectified at half time, the damage was already done. And it seems that for all the talk beforehand that the atmosphere wouldn't affect the team, it seemed like it did. Why else were we two down in half an hour?

Searching for positives isn't easy, but we have beaten Red Star 4-2 on aggregate, which is effectively an extra point over them, and a win in Paris will put us through.

Napoli have beaten PSG on away goals. We can still qualify for the next round with a home win over them, but that could be another Olympiakos scenario where 3 goals may be required. I still think we'll qualify as having the last game at home in a group like this, is a massive advantage imo, and I think it will help us get there if we need it. But English clubs have already lost 6 group games so far, and most have a lot of work to do to make the next round. The thing to take from this game, is that nothing in this competition can be taken for granted.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #672: Nov 07, 2018 12:52:28 pm
      I was thinking instead of Milner/Wini/Lallana in short burts.

Correct me if I am wrong but has he even played a PL game yet?

Others who have like Ojo and Woodburn were loaned out due to lack of playing opportunities.

He may have a chance in a early round of the FA Cup but barring a injury crisis i doubt we will see much of him this season at least.

RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #673: Nov 07, 2018 01:02:21 pm
      Correct me if I am wrong but has he even played a PL game yet?

Others who have like Ojo and Woodburn were loaned out due to lack of playing opportunities.

He may have a chance in a early round of the FA Cup but barring a injury crisis i doubt we will see much of him this season at least.

I know. It is wishful thinking on my part.

Quite frankly, even with so many bodies for the midfield three, I would like to see a change from time to time. Unfortunately, Klopp doesn't go for this option.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #674: Nov 07, 2018 01:12:19 pm
      Lethargic is the best word I can use.

I'm sure most of us have seen or been involved in a Sunday league game after lads had been out on the piss the night before, well that's how our lads looked to me.
      That's a bit of an exaggeration, but not much, and at least none of them puked on the pitch.

They look seriously in need of a second wind.
      Mickred
      • Forum John Barnes

• 413 posts | 53 
      Reply #675: Nov 07, 2018 01:15:54 pm
      You see, this is where people need to get a grip. We haven't performed near to our potential this season, Fabinho and Keita haven't settled yet, we're lacking creativity in the middle of the park and our forwards are misfiring, and yet in spite of all this, we're top third in the league, two points off a City with far greater resources than us (not to mention friends in high places) and still have a very real chance of going through to the Knockout stages having topped our group, and that my friend is down to Klopp. Does he make mistakes? He's human, obviously he does. We're all experts with hindsight but you weren't moaning about that team before kickoff. So give the hysterics a rest and let's see what the next few games bring.

THIS!!
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #676: Nov 07, 2018 01:16:47 pm
      Lethargic is the best word I can use.

I'm sure most of us have seen or been involved in a Sunday league game after lads had been out on the piss the night before, well that's how our lads looked to me.
      That's a bit of an exaggeration, but not much, and at least none of them puked on the pitch.

They look seriously in need of a second wind.

Second half we were the much better team, fair play to Belgrade, gave us a good seeing to in the first 45, shame Danny. Ever converted the early chance which could have altered the outcome..
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #677: Nov 07, 2018 01:20:09 pm
      Second half we were the much better team, fair play to Belgrade, gave us a good seeing to in the first 45, shame Danny. Ever converted the early chance which could have altered the outcome..

I'm not convinced mate.
      I think they just let us have the ball and basically said "find a way through".
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #678: Nov 07, 2018 01:30:02 pm
      Lallana is one of the most overated players in England. He offer nothing, just 2 Hollywood acts per game usually.

Our midfield is main concern and some player need to step up.

He was one of our most creative and active players yesterday. See when people say things like this, that's how I know they either aren't watching the game, or they are watching it but not really paying attention. He wasn't stellar...but he also wasn't as poor as Salah, Mane, Gini, Milner or Sturridge. So I'm not sure why people are singling him out for criticism other than it's just the cool thing to do since Henderson didn't play.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #679: Nov 07, 2018 01:32:10 pm
      I be Liverpool fan all my life , don't just come on when we lose give out about team, l said before boss is class and great manger, but l said that our midfield worse see in Liverpool team just workhorses no skill our backline is good and still think forwards very good on their day, but people think we win anything with milner Adam lallana Henderson in midfield new players we got in midfield not work so far, just say city not spent more then scum or us on midfield they better mix power skill in midfield same with spurs better then us in that area

Ignore them mate.

Some piss poor comments in this thread towards other members like yourself calling or referring to you as a sh*t poster all because you don't come online and write about how wonderful the world is after Liverpool have played dog sh*t and lost to a sunday league team.

The fact is, that result has been coming for several weeks now and it was only a matter of time until our defence folded. We have been reliant on our back four all season and last night we finally got found out.

So what if we are only two points off top spot in the league and so what if we can still progress in the champions league. That still doesn't mean that there aren't big concerns that should be discussed or highlighted on a bloody forum.

Too many people on here thinking their shits don't stink.

lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #680: Nov 07, 2018 01:35:48 pm
      mo and mane bobby play lot football world cup last summer plus with injurys, as well boss going have rest one or two them or their burn out by new year, he going have play daniel sturrridge and orgri in some games over chrtimas break lot games or buy forward in january, we got good team but we still short two or three players push for league title, other forward and mildfielder that has bit skill can control game and other player fill in backline if roberston or trent injury,
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #681: Nov 07, 2018 01:37:14 pm
      i give curtis jones game yesday, he young and got lots skill and pace with lack in mildfield
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #682: Nov 07, 2018 01:39:12 pm
      He was one of our most creative and active players yesterday. See when people say things like this, that's how I know they either aren't watching the game, or they are watching it but not really paying attention. He wasn't stellar...but he also wasn't as poor as Salah, Mane, Gini, Milner or Sturridge. So I'm not sure why people are singling him out for criticism other than it's just the cool thing to do since Henderson didn't play.

Depends on your definition of creativity I suppose but No shots on Target or even Off target and 1 Key pass with a pass accuracy of 66%.
      I would say that is very poor for our most advanced midfielder!

Jimmy in comparison had 1 shot off target and a pass accuracy of 86%.
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #683: Nov 07, 2018 01:46:22 pm
      i know lot people not fan of origi but l think he make good wide player with pace he has, booby salah even mane look slow at times them three players play lot football if boss not careful he going run them ground by new year
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #684: Nov 07, 2018 02:20:59 pm
      In fairness, well done for being able to make sense of it all, because I can't. "Walford", "Lenster City", "Bouremouth" etc. There are fans here whose second or third language is English, yet I can still understand perfectly whatever point they're trying to make.

I posted after the home win, basically that I was worried that the home game would lull people into a false sense of security, and it seems like I was proved right. Some said they were Maribor in disguise. Others talked about winning "3-0" in Belgrade.

Look, every team that qualifies for this level, whether they're first or fourth seeds, are there on merit, and should be taken seriously and with respect. There's no gimmes in the European Cup away from home. Belgrade is a great city, but Red Star always has been a tough place to go, down the years. Having gone away to Partizan in the past, 500 yards down the road, with my local club, and won, I know how vociferous the fans are and know there's no such thing as "quieten the fans" in Belgrade, even when you score. There's a few seconds pause in the wall of sound, but by the time you kick off again, it's back to ear splitting volume. It's not that intimidating, it's just their fan culture, and there is no let up. If we had that noise every week at home, instead of just a few times a year, it would be great. If we really really want to, there's no reason why it can't be like that every week at home.

The complacency started with the team selection, which raised eyebrows, sent out the wrong message, and backfired. By the time the errors were rectified at half time, the damage was already done. And it seems that for all the talk beforehand that the atmosphere wouldn't affect the team, it seemed like it did. Why else were we two down in half an hour?

Searching for positives isn't easy, but we have beaten Red Star 4-2 on aggregate, which is effectively an extra point over them, and a win in Paris will put us through.

Napoli have beaten PSG on away goals. We can still qualify for the next round with a home win over them, but that could be another Olympiakos scenario where 3 goals may be required. I still think we'll qualify as having the last game at home in a group like this, is a massive advantage imo, and I think it will help us get there if we need it. But English clubs have already lost 6 group games so far, and most have a lot of work to do to make the next round. The thing to take from this game, is that nothing in this competition can be taken for granted.

Maybe the issues the poster has in regards to spelling is to with his dyslexia which he has posted about previously . So maybe it's you that needs to calm down and stop belittling  others
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #685: Nov 07, 2018 02:44:55 pm
      We only need to win in Paris and we can do it if we play our way not like yesterday. We need to win next Sunday to keep in touch with City.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #686: Nov 07, 2018 03:04:09 pm
      Our form has dropped significantly since Buvac left.

Coincicence?

Yes. Klopp has tasted plenty of failure with Buvac by his side. Trying to point to that as the reason our form has dropped is just, well, reaching.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #687: Nov 07, 2018 03:12:20 pm
      Yes. Klopp has tasted plenty of failure with Buvac by his side. Trying to point to that as the reason our form has dropped is just, well, reaching.

"Tasted plenty of failure"

What are you even talking about??

They won 2 league titles and 4 cups together at Dortmund.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #688: Nov 07, 2018 03:26:26 pm

are you really this dense? Klopp, like every coach on earth, has had his ups and downs throughout his career most of which had Buvac by his side. To say that our "down" right now is because Buvac is not here is ridiculous.
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #689: Nov 07, 2018 03:36:20 pm

Did you forget Klopps/Buvascs last season at Dortmund? You seem like a sensible poster normally so not sure what is going on Baz.

Quick Reply