Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Red Star?

Alisson
      3 (4.5%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      3 (4.5%)
      Joel Matip
      3 (4.5%)
      Andy Robertson
      18 (27.3%)
      Adam Lallana
      3 (4.5%)
      James Milner
      3 (4.5%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      2 (3%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      1 (1.5%)
      Mohammed Salah
      8 (12.1%)
      Sadio Mane
      4 (6.1%)
      Joe Gomez
      5 (7.6%)
      Roberto Firmino
      3 (4.5%)
      Divock Origi
      10 (15.2%)

Total Members Voted: 65

Voting closed: Nov 10, 2018 07:49:24 pm

Red Star Belgrade 2-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 29864 times
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Re: Red Star Belgrade 2-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #690: Nov 07, 2018 03:47:48 pm
      Did you forget Klopps/Buvascs last season at Dortmund? You seem like a sensible poster normally so not sure what is going on Baz.

Didn't Mainz get relegated with Buvac as his assistant? Didn't Klopp lose various finals with Buvac as his assistant? It's not a dig at Klopp to say he has tasted plenty of failure with Buvac by his side, because every coach does, but looking at a couple of games and pointing to Buvac as the reason is pretty crazy.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #691: Nov 07, 2018 03:57:45 pm
      Depends on your definition of creativity I suppose but No shots on Target or even Off target and 1 Key pass with a pass accuracy of 66%.
      I would say that is very poor for our most advanced midfielder!

Jimmy in comparison had 1 shot off target and a pass accuracy of 86%.

Pass accuracy can be skewed. So what if he had a pass accuracy of 86% but all of his passes were sideways or backwards to the CBs? Anyone watching could see that Lallana was much more involved in the buildup play and was key to a lot of our creative movement. The reason he wasn't more involved is because the fullbacks appeared to skip our midfield altogether in favor of pushing forward and providing service directly to our forwards. At least that's what I saw when I was watching.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #692: Nov 07, 2018 04:15:58 pm
      are you really this dense? Klopp, like every coach on earth, has had his ups and downs throughout his career most of which had Buvac by his side. To say that our "down" right now is because Buvac is not here is ridiculous.

Well considering we have won sweet f**k all in over a decade I would consider the success Klopp and Buvac had together at Dortmund over the 5 seasons to be a huge success the type we can only dream about.

I'm not saying Buvac leaving is the only reason for our poor form this season but it is a coincidence.

Time will tell.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #693: Nov 07, 2018 04:24:51 pm
      Did you forget Klopps/Buvascs last season at Dortmund? You seem like a sensible poster normally so not sure what is going on Baz.

Klopp/Buvac won the German Super cup in the last season.

Yes it was a very disappointing season but they at least won a cup.

I'm surprised you think Buvac leaving has had no impact on the team we are a shadow of the team we were the second half of last season.

I'm not saying it's solely Buvac fatigue due to WC is also playing a part but I wouldn't completely discount the impact of Buvac leaving us.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #694: Nov 07, 2018 04:25:47 pm
      Pass accuracy can be skewed. So what if he had a pass accuracy of 86% but all of his passes were sideways or backwards to the CBs? Anyone watching could see that Lallana was much more involved in the buildup play and was key to a lot of our creative movement. The reason he wasn't more involved is because the fullbacks appeared to skip our midfield altogether in favor of pushing forward and providing service directly to our forwards. At least that's what I saw when I was watching.

The midfield deserved skipping all F***ing night.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #695: Nov 07, 2018 04:31:29 pm
      Didn't quite get the tactical changes last night, second half with mane on the right with salah in the middle and Robertson basically had the cover the entire left flank on his own.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #696: Nov 07, 2018 04:49:09 pm

Pass accuracy skewed yeah ok but what about all the other stats buddy  :D

Look we all have players we prefer to others, me personally I think Milner gets too many games but when somebody has a stinker you just got to put your hand up and say maybe it was one of those days.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #697: Nov 07, 2018 04:51:11 pm
      Didn't quite get the tactical changes last night, second half with mane on the right with salah in the middle and Robertson basically had the cover the entire left flank on his own.

Yup made no sense as Mane had their right back on toast but was no where effective on the other side as a winger, which he is not.

Just another bit of the muddled up thinking tactics wise last night.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #698: Nov 07, 2018 05:32:22 pm

Given that goal difference is meaningless we should have just gone for it, left Sturridge on, brought on Firmino and played him behind the front three. It made no sense other than appearing to be a desperate last roll of the dice to bring on Origi, a player with no minutes in him this season.

There is one positive thing to be said for our form right now. If we're this bad this season and only two points off the top, imagine where we'll be when we finally do find last season's form.
      Tadders

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #699: Nov 07, 2018 06:09:25 pm
      I think we will all agree they apart from spurs away we have been pretty ordinary - we are still in very good shape despite the performances - mainly due to our defence - let’s start worrying when we are not joint top of both leagues we are In
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #700: Nov 07, 2018 06:44:36 pm
      Very often a successful manager/coach has a second in command who is very tactically astute and is closer to the players than the No1. Sometimes it's a combo of motivator and a tactician. We don't really know what the deal was with Buvac.

All the speculation that Buvac was eyeing up the Arsenal job or whatever, is another mystery. Is Klopp more of motivator than a tactician, if so he will need time to readjust and to build a fresh partnership with a like minded individual who can get inside the minds of the players, read their moods etc. Klopp can't do the lot. Problem is trying to get to grips mid season.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #701: Nov 07, 2018 06:50:20 pm
      Ignore them mate.

Some piss poor comments in this thread towards other members like yourself calling or referring to you as a sh*t poster all because you don't come online and write about how wonderful the world is after Liverpool have played dog sh*t and lost to a sunday league team.

The fact is, that result has been coming for several weeks now and it was only a matter of time until our defence folded. We have been reliant on our back four all season and last night we finally got found out.

So what if we are only two points off top spot in the league and so what if we can still progress in the champions league. That still doesn't mean that there aren't big concerns that should be discussed or highlighted on a bloody forum.

Too many people on here thinking their shits don't stink.

Well said
      siavashiva
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 807 posts | 112 
      Reply #702: Nov 07, 2018 07:22:19 pm

If Lallana wanted to show how much of a great player he is, he could have shown it in the CL final when he replaced MO. Instead he turned out to be the most underwhelming sub in the history of football.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #703: Nov 07, 2018 07:38:24 pm
      If Lallana wanted to show how much of a great player he is, he could have shown it in the CL final when he replaced MO. Instead he turned out to be the most underwhelming sub in the history of football.

In his defence he had almost no preparation whatsoever
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #704: Nov 07, 2018 08:51:18 pm

Is it fair to put the boot into Lallana, who is only just getting back to fitness. The crack about the final smacks of scapegoating.

Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #705: Nov 07, 2018 09:07:08 pm
      We have our defence to thank for our seemingly great start to the league. Claims that it is the midfield that is misfiring could just as easily be laid at the door of the front 3. The front 6 has been our strength under Klopp and Rodgers but now problems have emerged.

I would've wanted a top striker rather than another midfield player signed close season. The front 3 can't maintain consistency for ever. Bound to hit a bad patch. I couldn't see Sturridge providing strong back up. As it is maybe Shaqiri will do well over the next few weeks and take the pressure of Salah & Co.

Shaq has an eagerness, an urgency about him. He could be the catalyst for the front 3.

Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,464 posts | 228 
      Reply #706: Nov 07, 2018 09:49:02 pm
      How can we fail to beat Red Star but Scum are winning 2-1 away to Juventus
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #707: Nov 07, 2018 09:55:57 pm
      So no need to panic just yet then

I am looking at it as the first of two match balls. All in our own hands masters of our own destiny and all that.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #708: Nov 07, 2018 10:03:02 pm
      The F***ing gremlins do come out after a loss don't they.

All credit to Buvac for any success we've ever had, Klopp isn't any good, Fabinho is a waste of space and Trent is washed up at 19.

It was a poor showing. Hit the training ground hard and move on. It'll all be forgotten about when we hammer PSG.
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #709: Nov 07, 2018 10:07:54 pm
      Given that goal difference is meaningless we should have just gone for it, left Sturridge on, brought on Firmino and played him behind the front three. It made no sense other than appearing to be a desperate last roll of the dice to bring on Origi, a player with no minutes in him this season.

Of course he should have left Sturridge on. The HT substitutions were completely incompetent.

The fact that he threw on Origi at the end was proof that he felt he needed a Striker, but had already made the blunder in taking his Striker off the pitch. The tactics and changes were a complete mess last night.

This result is on Klopp.

He still hasn't got the team flowing yet. Why not go back to last season's tactics? We've hardly seen a Gegenpress this season.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #710: Nov 07, 2018 10:19:01 pm
      The f**king gremlins do come out after a loss don't they.

All credit to Buvac for any success we've ever had, Klopp isn't any good, Fabinho is a waste of space and Trent is washed up at 19.

It was a poor showing. Hit the training ground hard and move on. It'll all be forgotten about when we hammer PSG.

Not if we don't hammer fulham first mate,then the pitchforks and flaming torches will be out in force.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #711: Nov 07, 2018 10:23:58 pm
      Of course he should have left Sturridge on. The HT substitutions were completely incompetent.

The fact that he threw on Origi at the end was proof that he felt he needed a Striker, but had already made the blunder in taking his Striker off the pitch. The tactics and changes were a complete mess last night.

This result is on Klopp.

He still hasn't got the team flowing yet. Why not go back to last season's tactics? We've hardly seen a Gegenpress this season.

Sturridge could still be out there now and he wouldn't score, not on him the whole team bottled it,atmos,took them to lightly, i dunno was sh*t all round from us,credit to Red Star they F***ing wanted it,got it. 
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJcI1f9B1xE.
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #712: Nov 07, 2018 10:32:19 pm
      How can we fail to beat Red Star but Scum are winning 2-1 away to Juventus

If the ludicrous penalty awarded to Sterling tonight isn't justification for VAR I don't know what is. Farce. Well done UEFA.

Quick Reply