Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Red Star?

Alisson
      3 (4.5%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      3 (4.5%)
      Joel Matip
      3 (4.5%)
      Andy Robertson
      18 (27.3%)
      Adam Lallana
      3 (4.5%)
      James Milner
      3 (4.5%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      2 (3%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      1 (1.5%)
      Mohammed Salah
      8 (12.1%)
      Sadio Mane
      4 (6.1%)
      Joe Gomez
      5 (7.6%)
      Roberto Firmino
      3 (4.5%)
      Divock Origi
      10 (15.2%)

Total Members Voted: 65

Voting closed: Nov 10, 2018 07:49:24 pm

Red Star Belgrade 2-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 29834 times
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Re: Red Star Belgrade 2-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #713: Nov 07, 2018 10:55:08 pm

Sturridge could still be out there now and he wouldn't score

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: but true  :f_wah:
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #714: Nov 07, 2018 11:03:08 pm

Sturridge could still be out there now and he wouldn't score, not on him the whole team bottled it,atmos,took them to lightly, i dunno was sh*t all round from us,credit to Red Star they f**king wanted it,got it. 

The whole team was useless, but to take off Sturridge at HT and treat him like that was appalling.

Think he had 3 opportunities. 1 where he made poor contact and skied it. 1 where he took the shot when he had a better option, and the ball was deflected for a corner. 1 where he did too much, again with options, and hit it wide.

Maybe I missed one other, but can't think it would be much more than that.

It's not like he was awful. One bad miss, and he was selfish on two occasions. Given another 30-40 mins, he could have scored. We'll never know, but it's a bit of a stretch to say that he wouldn't have scored all night, and his performance didn't actually give any weight to that.
      Harrisimo

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #715: Nov 07, 2018 11:36:15 pm
      The whole team was useless, but to take off Sturridge at HT and treat him like that was appalling.

Think he had 3 opportunities. 1 where he made poor contact and skied it. 1 where he took the shot when he had a better option, and the ball was deflected for a corner. 1 where he did too much, again with options, and hit it wide.

It's not like he was awful. One bad miss, and he was selfish on two occasions. Given another 30-40 mins, he could have scored. We'll never know, but it's a bit of a stretch to say that he wouldn't have scored all night, and his performance didn't actually give any weight to that.

I think Sturridge has showed selfishness and greed throughout his whole LFC career. Time and again he takes it on himself regardless of who is in a better position. As a result he does score great goals but how many more clear chances are denied by his greed.

When the side is flying as it was when Suarez and Sterling were here, Sturridge's greed wasn't as important or as noticeable. Also when he is out of the side his greed gets worse as he tries to make his case. All strikers need a certain amount of arrogance and indeed selfishness but Sturridge, for me, takes it to levels that damage rather than serve the team.
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #716: Nov 07, 2018 11:37:03 pm
      What sh*t day scum win tonight l hope lose have go Spain try win that game go through in champion league week play us we have win last game by 2 goals if we don't get win or draw against PSG look like they be able rest players for game anginst us on Sunday in December we have use lot energy can't afford rest player's that why last nite F**k up
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #717: Nov 07, 2018 11:58:08 pm
      I think Sturridge has showed selfishness and greed throughout his whole LFC career. Time and again he takes it on himself regardless of who is in a better position. As a result he does score great goals but how many more clear chances are denied by his greed.

When the side is flying as it was when Suarez and Sterling were here, Sturridge's greed wasn't as important or as noticeable. Also when he is out of the side his greed gets worse as he tries to make his case. All strikers need a certain amount of arrogance and indeed selfishness but Sturridge, for me, takes it to levels that damage rather than serve the team.

That's fair enough, but I would say that Sturridge is no more greedy than any other forward player.

Salah and Mane were just as greedy and wasteful yesterday. Firmino has been the same in plenty of games. It is a normal characteristic of goal scorers.

However I would agree that he is a bit more desperate to impress, and with that is more likely to go alone than consider others. But rightly so, as he is continually shunted out and given bit part games. With a rare start last night, and especially given the weak opposition, he is always going to have that 'this is my game' attitude. He messed up those chances though, and got hooked before he could do much else.

In the reverse fixture at Anfield, Sturridge came on in the 73rd minute. In the 80th minute he played a good ball to Mane to score whilst Sturridge was himself on the edge of the box and could have gone for a goal. The selfish tag is over used for Danny.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #718: Nov 08, 2018 12:37:27 am
      If Lallana wanted to show how much of a great player he is, he could have shown it in the CL final when he replaced MO. Instead he turned out to be the most underwhelming sub in the history of football.

I concur fully with this. I'm afraid his career finished long ago when he got himself injured badly running at breakneck speed playing in internationals. He never recovered from that fully and winning trophies with the club will give you fame not so much in international  games. To me, lallana is best remembered as a player with too much showboating with little end results. Why he got ahead of other players and featured in the CL final and made no impact or whatsoever, i simply cant understand. Klopp seems to have lots of fate in lallana and Moreno, i'm simply amazed. That sets klopp and other world class managers apart. No need to look too far, just our great managers of yerteryears will do.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #719: Nov 08, 2018 03:18:17 am

Just shut the F**k up allready. This is Liverpool FC not Sturridge FC he was as sh*t as the other 13 other muppets involved on the night.

Give it up your relentless defence and glorification of Sturridge is borderline obsessive.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #720: Nov 08, 2018 06:44:34 am
      Is it fair to put the boot into Lallana, who is only just getting back to fitness. The crack about the final smacks of scapegoating.

If he was not back to full fitness he should not have been in the starting 11.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #721: Nov 08, 2018 06:48:26 am
      If he was not back to full fitness he should not have been in the starting 11.

Think we underestimated the whole thing.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #722: Nov 08, 2018 06:51:54 am

There is one positive thing to be said for our form right now. If we're this bad this season and only two points off the top, imagine where we'll be when we finally do find last season's form.

Exactly.   We are in the hunt with the Premier League and the CL.

tomx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,244 posts | 229 
      Reply #723: Nov 08, 2018 08:24:22 am
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #724: Nov 08, 2018 08:36:46 am
      Just shut the f**k up allready. This is Liverpool FC not Sturridge FC he was as sh*t as the other 13 other muppets involved on the night.

Give it up your relentless defence and glorification of Sturridge is borderline obsessive.

:lmao:

You're right. Let's close this topic and stop discussing the game and the performance of the players of Liverpool FC.

Just to please you.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 751 
      Reply #725: Nov 08, 2018 09:25:43 am
      Should expect a much improved performance, against Fulham at the weekend. The manager and the fans will no doubt demand this from the players !
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #726: Nov 08, 2018 09:37:25 am
      Should expect a much improved performance, against Fulham at the weekend. The manager and the fans will no doubt demand this from the players !

If we can't beat a sh*t Fulham team at home then we may as well give up! It is no proper test for us but what I want to see is full throttle attack and a very healthy score line, I want to see some attacks actually being initiated from midfield, maybe even a few runs to link up with the forwards, might make a nice change.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #727: Nov 08, 2018 10:15:01 am
      I didn't bother with MOTM for the game how did it go.
      On Sunday I fully expect the MOTM to be contested by the entire team.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #728: Nov 08, 2018 11:04:34 am
      :lmao:

You're right. Let's close this topic and stop discussing the game and the performance of the players of Liverpool FC.

Just to please you.

No your F***ing bizzare over the top love in first for Victor Moses and now Sturridge is tedious. You constantly make very little comment on the match or our overall performance unless it's in defence of Sturridge.

This club is bigger than one player no matter what  your perception is players come and go the club will always be here.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #729: Nov 08, 2018 12:14:57 pm
      No your f**king bizzare over the top love in first for Victor Moses and now Sturridge is tedious. You constantly make very little comment on the match or our overall performance unless it's in defence of Sturridge.

This club is bigger than one player no matter what  your perception is players come and go the club will always be here.

You can't really argue that having an extra striker on the pitch might have helped, Bobby could then have replaced Lallana and given us some more energy in midfield. It was a slightly weird substitution in hind sight
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #730: Nov 08, 2018 11:31:33 pm
      Only decided to watch the highlights...what was Gini (not) doing for that 2nd goal, surely he could have taken one for the team and knocked out that fellas ankles.Then there's Matip backing off, backing off, get out there and put a block on for fucks sake.

As for that 1st goal, that was just atrocious defending.

EDIT: How the F**k did Daniel miss that?  :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #731: Nov 09, 2018 02:27:08 pm
      Quote from rossyred
      Maybe the issues the poster has in regards to spelling is to with his dyslexia which he has posted about previously . So maybe it's you that needs to calm down and stop belittling  others

I'm not belittling him, I don't understand what he's saying. Even with dyslexia, there are auto correct, suggested text, and spell check buttons available on computers, to help correct typos and errors. So you don't need great spelling to make yourself understood.
      RedStar
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 38 posts | 30 
      Reply #732: Nov 09, 2018 03:21:07 pm
      Liverpool fans were amazing in Belgrade.

YNWA one hour after the game and applause from Red Star hardcore fans:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EX4kax5173E
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #733: Nov 09, 2018 04:42:01 pm
      Ignore them mate.

Some piss poor comments in this thread towards other members like yourself calling or referring to you as a sh*t poster all because you don't come online and write about how wonderful the world is after Liverpool have played dog sh*t and lost to a sunday league team.

The fact is, that result has been coming for several weeks now and it was only a matter of time until our defence folded. We have been reliant on our back four all season and last night we finally got found out.

So what if we are only two points off top spot in the league and so what if we can still progress in the champions league. That still doesn't mean that there aren't big concerns that should be discussed or highlighted on a bloody forum.

Too many people on here thinking their shits don't stink.

The man never says anything positive, never has any worthwhile insights and only chirps up when we lose. Absolute shithouse of a fan.
      Tadders

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #734: Nov 10, 2018 09:04:26 am
      Excellent posts about our fans singing after the game. The locals were well impressed

Quick Reply